Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

First Ticket roll, got myself some nice Extremely Spicy Mapo Tofu.

As for further FGO progress, I'll probably be waiting for the Moon Goddess to go back to active play. Farming the Training Grounds never really appealed to me, even though I could use the gems and some mats.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading and thinking on the list our dear friend made earlier about servant ranks and whatnot, let me ask you guys something:

Am I the only one that value Quetz more then Ozy? I just think a rider with a self crit buff and star absorb with a plethora of buffs is such a complete package.

Sure Ozy is amazing and he DOES do more things outside being a dmg dealer, but Quetz ceiling is SO high. Or am I missing something?

Keep in mind, only an NA player here so not sure if either of them got buffed/nerfed in JP so... and I also own both (np3 quetz/2 ozy and both maxed) so they got an even playfield I guess

Crit absorb is pretty redundant for riders. Base 200 crit absorb is like a J!Alter with level 6 self-mod constantly active. And, unlike, say, Drake, Quetz doesn't generate stars herself all that well. 50% Crit mod is great, but a lot of supports have crit+ around that level, so passing up a servant slot for crit stars means losing a servant slot for crit+. (Waver, Hans, etc.)

The main thing, though, is that Quetz doesn't actually hit that much harder than Ozy*, but Ozy is tons more survivable---Ozy has excellent durability AND sustain (and his quick card is actually worth pressing for stars).

*Oh her raw numbers look great, 1.5 * 1.21 * 1.3 = 2.36 or something, but that ignores the fact that you have to use up either a few CE slots or a servant slot to actually get some crit stars for her. Whereas Ozy's 1.58 is active half the time. (Assuming you wait a turn to synch Imperial Privilege with Charisma and Protection from Ra, whereas Quetz only has her 50% crit mod for one turn, and the other 2/7 is 1.21 * 1.3 = 1.57, which is actually a tad lower than Ozys, with a 1 turn longer cd on the Buster up to boot.

Quetz is better for raids and against enemies with high (non-break) HP totals. Ozy is better for upcoming challenge quests and has a niche in farming, unlike her.

Neither have been buffed as far as I know, but the current JP environment favors Ozy much more. Team NP charge is fantastic for getting to your NPs faster; you basically skip a turn of Arts chaining. Damagewise he’s worse and they have similar tools in their kit. However, his survivability is a big deal against lethal card damage, which has become more commonplace. In comparison, Quetz is mainly a statstick for when you need immediate stopping power.

Many people prefer Ozy (as do I) but assuming you can support both there’s not a whole lot of difference between the two.

Edited by MrSmokestack

20 hours ago, QKumber said:

After reading and thinking on the list our dear friend made earlier about servant ranks and whatnot, let me ask you guys something:

Am I the only one that value Quetz more then Ozy? I just think a rider with a self crit buff and star absorb with a plethora of buffs is such a complete package.

Sure Ozy is amazing and he DOES do more things outside being a dmg dealer, but Quetz ceiling is SO high. Or am I missing something?

Keep in mind, only an NA player here so not sure if either of them got buffed/nerfed in JP so... and I also own both (np3 quetz/2 ozy and both maxed) so they got an even playfield I guess

Im going to say i have a slight disagreement with @DehNutCase points regarding critical weight and stars(because i HATE missing crits that much), but heres a good showcase of his second points.

Ozy is often viewed as a supportive servant who also hits hard implying he is only above average at both. In reality Ozy is a genuine world breaker when it comes to attack power. We can agree at this point that Artoria tier is pretty much the strongest standard all encompasing power level in FGO(80% damage output, not including crits, thats a level thats only toppled by purposely OP servant like Parvati and Nero Caster who have something to hold them back at their point of release), and Quetz is close to that. Ozy is actually very damn close and had a quirks that makes him much better than it seems - every single stuff he have is put on ATK, and ATK is the weakest value that exists on a support - this is big because this goes to every card, including extra and affects everything.

ATK is THE best damage buff in the game. Its why their value is low, in contrast Crit is the worst whcih is why their value is absurd. Look at Merlin 20 ATK, 50 Buster, and 100 Crit as an illustration. How does this apply on real situation?

Quretz: 1.2 ATK, 1.5 crit, 1.3 buster = 234% total value, with 156% at NP

Ozy: 158% going into np, 178% on total value

Ozy is about 30% weaker than Quetz on cards, but roughly have simmilar NP power(his ATK is higher than Quetz ATK + Buster, but remember Quetz have THE best stats of all Rider. The thing is Ozy, is stapled ALL on atk. So it causes some multiplicative stacking. From this alone, you'd easilly think Quetz is ahead in terms of damage by a notable amount

Now add merlin

Quetz: 1.4 ATK, 2.5 crit, 1.8 Buster = 630% total value, with 252% going to NP

Ozy: 1.78 ATK or 1.98 ATK, 2.0 crit, 1.5 Buster = 5.34  total value. with 5.94 post NP with 2.67% going into NP

Ozy is about 10-20% weaker on Crits but he actually beats Quetz, if slightly, on NP. As a whole this makes Quetz and Ozy damage interchangeable, especially with how this kind of damage usually kills and when 2 servant kills their target their difference is void and null.*

Past this you can add stuff about how Ozy have absurd utility(teamwide 20% battery), and good day to day bulk with Healing and Def buff whereas Quetz have a safety net kind of day to day bulk. Both lacks hard defense aka dodge or invul either way

The only thing Quetz have an absurd lead of over Ozy is situations where Goddess Core is relevant, and his extra card. Quetz 4.5 extra Card is MASSIVE, Ozy's essentially 3.0 Extra card is noticably weaker. Extra adds a small chunk of NP, but once you stack overkill and arts lead on them it become notable enough, but this is a small scale aspect of a servant

What other stuff Quetz have over Ozy is 50-30-20 pattern, this is reffering to how any servant who have 30% Battery is capable of doing turn 1 Black Grail NP with Waver and Merlin - two of the strongest combo support in the game. This affects single target farming too, but its a lost case to argue because Ozy is a toprate farmer beyond his own NP, whereas Quetz is just a farmer in the loosest definition where she can NP easilly without help against 1 target

*a counterpoint to my argument is how Quetz catch up once you add Waver to the mix with Waver NP etc but that imo isn't too relevant to the numbers im giving out and what i interpret from it

Thx for all the lenght answers guys! good food for some thought. I`ll spend some time reading and using them a bit more to help me reach some conclusions aswell

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

because i HATE missing crits that much

This boy gets me xD

Moon Goddess re-run has been announced and I'm looking forward to it. I'll be able to get all of Merlin's skill to level 6 with the 20 pages (though my stay in Hyde Park won't end there.) The Heart node also seems like it'll be very easy to farm it in 2 turns with the units I own, so I'll probably be doing all my grinding there as soon as I unlock the node.

I've seen people dreading the re-run hell, but having only started in July last year, all of this will be new content to me and I'm looking forward finally getting welfares I missed like Kintoki Rider. 

Personally I'm going to enjoy re-run hell too, but that's mostly because I straight up don't have time to do much. (If I only played FGO and not FEH I'd probably be a bit less happy, but not too much less since I'd still be busy without FEH.)

45 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

There's a heart node? Camilla and Altria Alter both need those to finally get their Max Ascension, not even counting Merlin's needs ?

dont. This is one of those old event before DW realized Event have to be a celebrated event with fantastic mats drop rate from nodes. The heart drop rate is 2%

DW didn't take notes about mats drop rate until Saber Wars

16 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

dont. This is one of those old event before DW realized Event have to be a celebrated event with fantastic mats drop rate from nodes. The heart drop rate is 2%

oh. ew. I'll stick to the event shop

Re-run hell sounds like fun since I started with the Da Vinci event so most of these will be new to me I'll take any way to get QP that isn't doors. It'll also help me build resources for Nyanta/Melt (I'm absolutely certain those two will pair nicely so I'd better start working on the cat).

10 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I read in multiple guides that the heart drop rate has been raised to around 11% for the re-run. Though Shinjuku and its Heart node is just a couple of weeks away, so it's probably better to wait for that since that node has a better drop rate than the event. Still gonna farm currency on the Heart node though since any heart I do get is one less heart to grind for later.

Thanks to the event, I was able to complete my first milestone: fully ascending a servant! Who was it, you might ask? None other than Medusa (OG Rider for me) who has been on my FGO journey since the beginning and she’s among my top 5 favorite Fate characters , so this makes me especially happy.

I grinded the hell out of the rider node during the last few hours before the maintenance to get the horseshoes I needed, and while that required burning a couple fruit (as well as containing myself from cursing at times due to the occasional pitiful drops), the end result was definitely worth it. I’m definitely going to grail her up because she’s quite special to me. <3

Unfornately mobile SF is giving me hell about uploading files so I can’t show a pic atm, but I’ll show a picture showing my achievement via Imgur or the like a bit later.

I started the Moon Goddess event. Story was fun enough and I got a team prepared to farm Hearts. Now I'm onto the grind and considered MLB the Moonlit Festival CE for the "authentic experience," but the Castle of the Sun CE is better and also gained in an event. The less dumplings farmed, the better.

The main reward though was the tickets. So, like any sensible person, I tried them for King Hassan. I mostly got fluff, but ended up getting another Fragment of 2030. I can MLB it now, but will hold off since 16 Crit Stars from 2 CEs is better than 10 from one CE. I also ended up getting a Gold Saber. I thought I was going to get a 4*, but nay. I got myself Artoria Pendragon, who is now NP2. Wat.

I still have some Quartz left over, so I'll probably try using that to summon King Hassan before that banner expires. NP2 Artoria is nice, but unexpected. Back to the event though, I just hope that farming won't bore me too much. I gotten used to Draglia's Lost autobattle, which helps immensely when farming and doing dailies...

Looking at the guides, the 2nd hardest node is optimal until you run out of things to buy with 1 type of dango, which is pretty weird.

(I only have to use 1 non-drop CE for 2 turning the 2nd hardest, compared to 2 for the hardest, though, so I don't mind.)

I got lucky with the last node, I did it once to get the Lore and the boss dropped a copy of the shop CE. That means I saved myself having to grind 5k dangos. 

It's nice that this event is easy to farm but the CE price is too much.

It's certainly a weird feeling to complete the story segment within a single day, especially in comparision to other events.
And I can already see why this event is so hated. Ugh, the grind is so sloooooooooooow. At least it isnt' Journey to the West.

Oh hey, JP's getting a Prillya rerun, with 4 star Miyu added as a caster and an Illya animation update.  I wonder if Kuro is also getting updated slightly, like assassin Shiki was during KnK.

Now to wait for 2 years, since I don't play JP.

Edit:  Apparently all of JP's Valentine's scenes will be voiced this year, so that's also something to look forward to in 2 years.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

Prillya event is tedious to do, but I can have Chloe which is nice.  My support list is gonna suck for this event though (it’s again mostly men), I guess some things never change.

In the name of storage space I hope there’s an option to not download the Valentines voices.  Particularly since I’m not going to actually see most of them!  

As a fan of Prillya, it hurts to wait 2 or so years to get Miyu, though at least there’s the rerun in late summer that I can get Kuro as well as feebly attempt to get Illya herself. 

2 hours ago, Silverly said:

As a fan of Prillya, it hurts to wait 2 or so years to get Miyu, though at least there’s the rerun in late summer that I can get Kuro as well as feebly attempt to get Illya herself. 

This is Prillya's first rerun though.

you're waiting 2 years for Chloe.

Edited by Glaceon Mage
Correction on Illya