Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

29 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

This is Prillya's first rerun though.

you're waiting 2 years for Chloe and Illya too.

Congratulations. You ruined my day. I hope you’re happy. </3

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im hyped for JP Snek Jewell to upgrade Fionn. Have been using him almost as much as i used to use Lance and having less CD on those broken batshit skillset would be awesome

NA have been a snoozefest lul. Im basically working towards my year's end goal and trying to raise stuff here and there

As I predicted, Emiya finally made it to his fourth ascension. Like Medusa, he’s been around since the beginning and a vital asset to my team in later singularities. Many thanks Emiya-kun, now I can finally upgrade those once useless ass skills.

I also got Medea and Merlin to their third ascensions, and the latter I can eventually bring to her fourth with more of the gold embers. Merlin could be stuck in mat hell for a while though, since I can’t even farm scarabs yet in Camelot. 

I guess I'll give my opinion the moon goddess event writing. Bit late for the party

Spoiler

Overall I likes it. Characters were presented charmingly and it was fun seeing them interact with one another. A decent amount of humour was included that made me like it even more. The ending was terrible though. From what I heard it was accidentally left out and due to the emergency Nasu had to write one in a short period of time. 

@redlight Just going to correct or comment some of your points from the other thread.

• Carmilla is the aspect of Elisabeth Bathory that embodies her lust for beauty which resulted in the killings of dozens of young women. Elisabeth detests Carmilla for being her future while she on the other hand can't stand seeing her younger self acting like an innocent idol, considering what crimes she has committed in life.
  • Both Jeanne Alter and Cu Alter are products from a wish made to the Holy Grail by Gilles and Medb respectively.
    In case of JAlter Gilles projected his hatred towards God onto her, resulting in the Dragon Witch that act as a heretic.
    Medb on the other hand wanted a Cu that reigns at her side as a monarch and has the suitable personality for it. Of course since it is Medb who made that wish it resulted in this twisted version of our Irish Heracles.
  • Bobmiya's official name is Emiya Alter. It seems the NA side will alter his art since the EoR side shows him with a lighter skin tone and less pronounced lips.
  • Atalante Alter is the product from Agrius Metarmorphosis, the pelt from the Calydonian Boar.
  • Skadi basically inhibits the body of Scathach, which resulted in Scathach-Skadi. She is still a separate entity to Scathach.
  • Gilles in the Saber class represents his time as a french marshal, so before his downfall after Jeanne's death.
  • Shuten Doji was the freebie for Halloween 2018. Ibaraki got a Summer alt in the same year.

Finally got around to emptying the shop of desired items. I left the monuments as I still have plenty, and the remaining 2 CEs are not worth the hassle.

As for King Hassan, I got one of my special log-in bonuses and did a 10 roll. Got the absolute minimum (just the guaranteed 4* CE, rest were 3* junk). I turned in some Fragments to do a single roll, got myself the Prisma Cosmos CE. I guess I should be happy with what I got, but I still gotta try. I have some new interludes I could do for another single roll...

11 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

@redlight Just going to correct or comment some of your points from the other thread.

• Carmilla is the aspect of Elisabeth Bathory that embodies her lust for beauty which resulted in the killings of dozens of young women. Elisabeth detests Carmilla for being her future while she on the other hand can't stand seeing her younger self acting like an innocent idol, considering what crimes she has committed in life.
  • Both Jeanne Alter and Cu Alter are products from a wish made to the Holy Grail by Gilles and Medb respectively.
    In case of JAlter Gilles projected his hatred towards God onto her, resulting in the Dragon Witch that act as a heretic.
    Medb on the other hand wanted a Cu that reigns at her side as a monarch and has the suitable personality for it. Of course since it is Medb who made that wish it resulted in this twisted version of our Irish Heracles.
  • Bobmiya's official name is Emiya Alter. It seems the NA side will alter his art since the EoR side shows him with a lighter skin tone and less pronounced lips.
  • Atalante Alter is the product from Agrius Metarmorphosis, the pelt from the Calydonian Boar.
  • Skadi basically inhibits the body of Scathach, which resulted in Scathach-Skadi. She is still a separate entity to Scathach.
  • Gilles in the Saber class represents his time as a french marshal, so before his downfall after Jeanne's death.
  • Shuten Doji was the freebie for Halloween 2018. Ibaraki got a Summer alt in the same year.

Jalter is also notable

the Jalter we had is a crystalization of Jeanne's desire to be saved at her execution. Remember how JASL requires recconecting with Jeanne to exists back in Christmas 2? Yeah its kinda like that

Thing to note here is technically Jalter Ruler and Jalter Venger probably isnt the same character

Finally I started playing and it’s more fun than I thought!

But am I a fool for wanting to use Siegfried, despite people telling me sucks? I just really like his design!

Then again I know a guy how vehemently insists in using Altria, and from what I heard she’s even in a worse situation than Siegfried! But the guy seem to be doing pretty well.

Edited by Water Mage

36 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

But am I a fool for wanting to use Siegfried, despite people telling me sucks? I just really like his design!

Then again I know a guy how vehemently insists in using Altria, and from what I heard she’s even in a worse situation than Siegfried! But the guy seem to be doing pretty well.

Use who you like, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.  Generally speaking, most content in the game isn't hard enough to require specific team comps or servants.  Just learn to recognize the strengths and weaknesses of the servants you do use.

42 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

If you want to use Siegfried you should look into St. George (or Georgios), a Bronze Rider you get from FP summon. This combination is more than useable.

-------

No CE drop for me so I had to painfully farm 5000 dumplings. That costed me 7 apples and I'm pretty sure that was not worth it for the CE. Didn't get that many Hearts or Dust either, the Demon only dropped 3.
Oh well, at least I can MLB this one and be done with it.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

Siegfried is perfectly usable with his buffs.  He's not the greatest, but he's got a Mana Burst and decent NP gain from his NP post interlude + Golden Rule.  

There's also Lancer dragon mobs in Babylonia that seemingly exist specifically to buff the guy.

@Water Mage Gonna echo what the others have said here, just use who you like. Most content in the game can be done with any composition, even if some comps are generally better than others. // Difficulty tends to be rather easy until Camelot, where some bosses begin to have extra gimmicks to their fights. I recommend leveling Euryale (a 3* Archer) in preparation for Camelot as she performs well against one particularly difficult boss. (As an aside, I would watch out for the Prisoner Tower event coming soon, as that is meant for high-level masters with built teams.)

For Siegfried, Saint George (Georgios) is a 2 Star servant who works extremely well with him. Essentially, Siegfried kills dragons. Saint George transforms anything he looks at into a dragon. If it is not a dragon, Siegfried does fall behind other Sabers, but he is still usable. If you need a level 90 Georgios support, I'm your man.

Altria Artoria is also perfectly usable, but I believe she is generally tuned for farming content. She's great at clearing out waves but is poor at taking out bosses. Eventually she gets an upgrade to her Instinct skill which transforms it into Radiant Path, which gives an NP Charge. More Excalibur for everyone! (When it hits for NA I do not know.)

- - - - -
Putting the updated Friend List thingy here for those who may be interested.

Serenes FGO - Friend Code IDs

Spoiler

If I missed anyone, need to make a correction, or remove you from the list, let me know! (Use the [@UserName] feature so I get a notification, or just quote one of my posts.)

Note that I (Sire) do not play the JP version, so I will not know the in game names.

[UPDATE LOG - January 23rd, 2019]
-- N/A

Forum Posters (NA)
MrSmokestack - 062,476,598 (MrSmokestack)
Magus of Memery  - 863,169,679 (Ren) Note: Please notify Magus of Memery if adding as a friend in FGO.
Sire - 815 519 689 (Sire)
JSND Alter Dragon Boner - 283,900,798 (JSND)
Jingle Jangle - 812,852,640 (Jingles)
Glaceon Mage -  171,099,109 (Glaceon Mage) Note: Please notify Glaceon Mage if adding as a friend in FGO.
LuxSpes -  292,726,441 (Lux)
Alexmender - 423,824,954 (Alexmender)

Active Members (NA)
SecondWorld - 403,067,254 (David)
MediocreLee - 015,794,040 (MediocreLee)
Rothene - 750,157,837 (Rothene)
Ebony - 233,925,133 (Hannah)
TheGeek - 722,418,335 (Geek)
N30 - 086,951,059 (Arcadia)
Mister Rogers - 356,589,556 (Czarpy)
Scoot -  999,540,146 (Nat)
Troykv - 370,389,828 (Micky) Note: Please notify Troykv if adding as a friend in FGO.
Necrofantasia - 025,447,171 (Jules) Note: Please notify Necrofantasia if adding as a friend in FGO.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Friends List Capped (NA)
Zak Something - 883,068,826 (Zak)
QKumber - 314,369,629 (QK)
Emeraldfox - 674,653,620  (Emeraldfox)
Lord-Zero - 285,321,342 (Lord-Zero)
Polydeuces - 302,111,199 (Poly)
Sekki - 082,416,051 (Sekki)

Inactive Members (NA)
Phillius the Crestfallen - 961, 944, 081 (Time)
eclipse - 917,798,708 (eclipse)

JP IDs
Glaceon Mage -  278 184 018 // Note: Please notify Glaceon Mage if adding as a friend in FGO.
N30 -  555 282 304

Thanks guys! It actually gives more confidence.

But...there’s another problem actually. The game is ridiculously easy...because of over leveld support members and yes I could have the support character not attack at but there are two problems with that, first there are situation where I’m forced to use the over leveled character and not using them means I have a party of two characters. And I do try to pick a lower leveld one, but sometimes there’s no lower leveled character. The only ones are over leveled characters....and they are all Merlins! Merlins! There’s no end to the Merlins! Wasn’t he supposed to be a limited character?! I’m starting to think Merlin is the only Caster in the game because where are the other Casters?! Do they even exist?!

Ahem. Moving on.

There’s no getting around this support mechanic, is there?

But other than that, I’m really enjoying the game!

And for a seemingly important character Olga went down fast.

Edited by Water Mage

31 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

But...there’s another problem actually. The game is ridiculously easy...because of over leveld support members and yes I could have the support character not attack at but there are two problems with that, first there are situation where I’m forced to use the over leveled character and not using them means I have a party of two characters. And I do try to pick a lower leveld one, but sometimes there’s no lower leveled character. The only ones are over leveled characters....and they are all Merlins! Merlins! There’s no end to the Merlins! Wasn’t he supposed to be a limited character?! I’m starting to think Merlin is the only Caster in the game because where are the other Casters?! Do they even exist?!

Ahem. Moving on.

A lot of people throw Merlin on their support list to get Friend Points.  He's considered sort of broken, so a lot of people rolled for him, plus he's a relatively recent servant for NA, which is why you'll see him a lot.  Most people's support lists will have high leveled servants, because they want people to use them so they get FP.

Once you have more servants, you can move the support slot around on the screen by clicking the 'Line-Up' button and dragging it to the back row (the right 3 servant slots), if you want to avoid using the Support in battle.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

Ahem. Moving on.

The game does get more difficult eventually (Camelot is the notable difficulty spike).  It's still technically possible to solo with a support Cu Alter, but it's not as easy as in the early game.

NPC supports (the blue ones that give 200 fp) are usually lower levelled than friend supports prior to the lategame, so sticking with them is an option until you get to Camelot-ish.  You can also try friending some newer players.

As for Merlin, main reason he's everywhere is NA has magical foresight powers and knew he in all his broken glory was coming, so lots of people saved quartz for him.  I have one myself but I don't really put him on support much since Waver's husbando tier.  Honestly this sentiment is how I feel playing JP with Skadi.  I need WAVERS, people.  Not Skadi's.  WAVERS.  

2 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

A lot of people throw Merlin on their support list to get Friend Points.  He's considered sort of broken, so a lot of people rolled for him, plus he's a relatively recent servant for NA, which is why you'll see him a lot.  Most people's support lists will have high leveled servants, because they want people to use them so they get FP.

Once you have more servants, you can move the support slot around on the screen by clicking the 'Line-Up' button and dragging it to the back row (the right 3 servant slots), if you want to avoid using the Support in battle.

44 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

The game does get more difficult eventually (Camelot is the notable difficulty spike).  It's still technically possible to solo with a support Cu Alter, but it's not as easy as in the early game.

NPC supports (the blue ones that give 200 fp) are usually lower levelled than friend supports prior to the lategame, so sticking with them is an option until you get to Camelot-ish.  You can also try friending some newer players.

As for Merlin, main reason he's everywhere is NA has magical foresight powers and knew he in all his broken glory was coming, so lots of people saved quartz for him.  I have one myself but I don't really put him on support much since Waver's husbando tier.  Honestly this sentiment is how I feel playing JP with Skadi.  I need WAVERS, people.  Not Skadi's.  WAVERS.  

Thanks! Now I feel really embarrassed by not noticing that button.

And funny thing, I was told was told about the support mechanic(but nothing about it being forced), and how it let people pick a character from other players and expectating to see an ton of Altrias because she’s one of the stars of the franchise.

But lo and behold there were no Altrias, in fact I haven’t seen one regular Saber Altria yet!

She’s that bad huh? Now I feel sorry for the guy that insists in using Altria, then again he was the one that told me about Altria being a bad unit.

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

And funny thing, I was told was told about the support mechanic(but nothing about it being forced), and how it let people pick a character from other players and expectating to see an ton of Altrias because she’s one of the stars of the franchise.

But lo and behold there were no Altrias, in fact I haven’t seen one regular Saber Altria yet!

She’s that bad huh? Now I feel sorry for the guy that insists in using Altria, then again he was the one that told me about Altria being a bad unit.

Artoria biggest problem is being a launch unit. She was the only characters with 3 skills because she is the poster girl of the series. So over time when older servants got a 3rd skill most of the time it matched their kit. On top of that, later skills had several effects for each one while she stayed the same for 3 years.

I do have Artoria on my Support List every once in a while, since she's decent wave clear for farming, but I like Nero more + most people go for AoE Beserkers for waveclear. When she gets Radiant Road she'll end up on my support list more often, though, since being able to hit 100% gauge from just CE + RR makes her a bit more convenient to bring.

Edit: Ahahahahhahahaha I got the CE drop---when I already coughed up all the dumplings for 5 copies days ago. This fucking game.

Edited by DehNutCase

My last attempt for King Hassan got me the Gentle Affection CE. I wonder if the flavor text is meant to have any meaning...

"Happiness.
Not all happiness can be found under the sun.

Just like a certain girl was to her at the end of reincarnation, at the bottom of the abyss, and at places where hellfire blazed.
You also can find happiness."

That aside, I tried to look back on my original posts during the initial Prison Tower run. It seems I mostly went in blind, focusing mostly on "counter teams" to the enemy's affinity. I then just cheated the final ones with Command Spells (one to salvage a bad situation, two to NP down the final boss). I have a feeling I may want to save my Command Spells for the new boss gauntlet though.

At least this time I am far more prepared. When the original event aired, I had about 4 months of prep from being a total newbie to clear it and I did. I should be able to clear these challenges without too much of an issue. If newbie me could do it, why not "veteran" me?

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Artoria isn't bad, she's just in a niche with a lot of people in it (Buster AOE Saber) and doesn't really have anything special about her.  After her skill upgrade for Instinct she gets a self NP battery that makes her good for farming, but for now she's just meh.

Overtime servants are buffed. Sadly some previous image sticks

Artoria is actually never that bad in that a Mana Burst and Charisma AOE is solid for day to day usage. After the buff turning Instinct to Radiant Road shes straight up pretty good for the same reason Mordred is. A battery farmer is just good

The same story happened to Fionn. A contender for bottom 10 on release and now hes a good enough unit hes arguably top 10 of all SR

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

@Water Mage As people said, take what other people/sites say with a grain of salt. One could play “optimally”, but use as you see fit and you’ll do fine. That being said, be careful not to put all your eggs into one basket; what I mean is make sure you invest into several servants as opposed to just two or something. Don’t be afraid to spend some quartz to expand your army either, since you’re fairly new. Just don’t touch the Story gacha with a ten foot pool. You’ll thank me later. 

Concerning the difficulty, it’s pretty much “Use your friends servants to steamroll through everything” right until about Okeanos/London or so. Mobs in general are pretty exploitable and easy to take down (screw those wyverns though). The boss fights can be a bit tricky though, so watch out for those. By the time you reach Camelot, I highly suggest you use a (spoiler free) guide because you can blindsided hard with how obscene the boss fights can get. Everything before can tackled completely blind without issue though.

Yeah I don't really get the advice to not summon the story gacha, especially since there are several Servants that can only come from the story gacha.  Unless you want the rate-up Servants on the other banners, rolling the story gacha banner is fine.