Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

I mean, I started by re-rolling for Waver +1, and since I started around when Okeanos was released that meant Drake was the +1. (Waver wasn't on any rate up at the time, I believe, I just re-rolled until he showed up on the .3%)

Didn't level Arash until I pulled my Kaleidoscopes since I was completely set on the farming department from just those 2.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Since Sire's post didn't exactly pcture the image in a much more exact matter, let me reiterate in the best way possible

#1 tip to any new player who started playing FGO and asking about who to raise

Raise Arash

He really is THAT good, especially after clearing Camelot and unlocking his NP Interlude

Don’t worry, I have a high level Arash. 

And I was just thinking of commenting that despite being a 1 star unit, he’s surprisingly solid. I relied on him a lot in Fuyuki and Orleans. I only dropped him near the end of Orleans. Speaking of Orleans, I was kinda disappointed by the final boss of Orleans. They should have just ended with the Jeanne Alter battle, instead of another fight with Gilles. Although the scene after the battle, where Jeanne and Caster Gilles talk was really good. You could tell they genuinely cared about each other.

And if you guys are curious about my team, it currently is Siegfried, Edmond, Proto Cu Chulain, Fuuma Kotaro and Hans Christian Andersen.(the last two have amazing synergy as team)

And yeah, I know it’s weird that in series know for making male historical figures female, my team is full of pretty boys. But there are two reasons for it, first I’m genuinely fond of all the characters in my team, I really like them and their design and the second reason I don’t have female characters in my team is because I don’t have female characters in the first place! They never appear! The only females that I ever got are Mata Hari and the Kyohime that you get as a gift. And they really aren’t good. But that’s just how Gacha games are I guess.

14 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Don’t worry, I have a high level Arash. 

And I was just thinking of commenting that despite being a 1 star unit, he’s surprisingly solid. I relied on him a lot in Fuyuki and Orleans. I only dropped him near the end of Orleans. Speaking of Orleans, I was kinda disappointed by the final boss of Orleans. They should have just ended with the Jeanne Alter battle, instead of another fight with Gilles. Although the scene after the battle, where Jeanne and Caster Gilles talk was really good. You could tell they genuinely cared about each other.

Yeah Orleans holds up pretty well, though I do agree that fighting Gilles at the end feels a bit anticlimactic. And yes, the story overall is solid. I actually don’t think Septem is that bad though I don’t remember as much about it compared to the others; personally I feel the second half of Okeanos is worse (fuck Jason). 

As you mentioned earlier, they could have used this to simply showboat FSN characters but surprisingly their vanilla forms have next to no roles in the story, but they all have variations to some extent and show up somewhere in the main plot (you might have seen a few already such as Lancer Medusa, Caster Gil, Cu Alter etc)... except for Assassin aka Kojiro. Apparently the og FSN cast will do more in the second arc but that’ll be a while. It’s good that they’re mostly on the sidelines though since as much as I adore them, they get plenty of attention as is so it’s fair to have the newcomers have a chance without the classics eating away at screen time.

Well Waver + Archer Artoria + Merlin is exactly as stupid as I expected. (Merlin got focus fired like crazy for some reason, while everyone ignored Waver, it was weird.) The team has less damage than double Merlin but between Artoria and Waver's def buffs and NP drain Merlin didn't actually use his invul ever for the whole 20 or so turns I spent on the challenge quest.

This is what a moment of weakness gets me:

Spoiler

LqlXyuj.png

I'm already full of Casters (I still want at least 1 from the big four because they're godlike supports) but hey, Da Vinci seems fun and is important for the story so having her lines available whenever I want is a big plus.

I also got my first Stheno, finally those +150% Atk Ishtar memes won't be a dream anymore, I just hope this doesn't get in the realm of diminishing returns.

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

Reveal hidden contents

LqlXyuj.png

I'm already full of Casters (I still want at least 1 from the big four because they're godlike supports) but hey, Da Vinci seems fun and is important for the story so having her lines available whenever I want is a big plus.

I also got my first Stheno, finally those +150% Atk Ishtar memes won't be a dream anymore, I just hope this doesn't get in the realm of diminishing returns.

Musashi and Ereshkigal are disappointed. Congrats.

-------

Phew, finished my runs on the challenge quest.

Spoiler

1st run: Why Gilgamesh is the strongest Servant
Gilgamesh - Merlin - Support Waver - Mash - Ozymandias - Heracles (Bond CE)

This is the setup that made me want to do the 2nd run on this. The team is a literal cheat code. Gilgamesh becomes immortal through Garden of Avalon and then proceeds to wipe the waves with Ea spam. Heck, even the Homunculi just straight up die to Hero Creation Crits, it's so stupid. Nobody died either so this run gets a "Disgusting/10" from me. I'm probably abstaining from using Gilgamesh + Merlin again.

2nd run: Why is Saberlot not a SSR again?
Saberlot - Tamamo - Support Waver - Waver - Mash - Robin Hood

Compared to the 1st run it took a bit longer but that's to be expected from the lack of AoE NP. Despite this the run was straightforward though it got a bit too hot against Amakusa because he was about to use his NP.
Still nothing significant happened. It's a Saberlot run what did you expect?

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

Reveal hidden contents

LqlXyuj.png

Musashi and Ereshkigal are disappointed now. Congrats, how much did it take?

-------

Phew, finished my runs on the challenge quest.

Spoiler

1st run: Why Gilgamesh is the strongest Servant
Gilgamesh - Merlin - Support Waver - Mash - Ozymandias - Heracles (Bond CE)

This is the setup that made me want to do the 2nd run on this. The team is a literal cheat code. Gilgamesh becomes immortal through Garden of Avalon and then proceeds to wipe the waves with Ea spam. Heck, even the Homunculi just straight up die to Hero Creation Crits, it's so stupid. Nobody died either so this run gets a "Disgusting/10" from me. I'm probably abstaining from using Gilgamesh + Merlin again.

2nd run: Why is Saberlot not a SSR again?
Saberlot - Tamamo - Support Waver - Waver - Mash - Robin Hood

Compared to the 1st run it took a bit longer but that's to be expected from the lack of AoE NP. Despite this the run was straightforward though it got a bit too hot against Amakusa because he was about to use his NP.
Still nothing significant happened. It's a Saberlot run what did you expect?

Might do another run with a different setup. I was thinking of dusting off Vlad since him and Tamamo are really good together to keep NP usage down while he has a much easier time with the Rulers. Dantes might get a bit too spicy though and it sucks he still doesn't have Legend of Dracula.

Edited by Magus of Memery

I wish I had more Casters, though I am satisfied with Hans. And yet again, I didn’t pull a single female character. I don’t particularly mind if, but it strange how I never got one. And this game has a weird obsession in giving me Assasins and Berserkers. I’m kinda tired of them now.

I've been playing Langrisser Mobile, so if anyone was wondering what I was doing, I'm playing that.
- - - - - - - - - -
It doesn't help that I'm currently bottlenecked by materials. I got plenty of Servants waiting to be ascended, but I have no mats for them. I'm also not patient or insane enough to grind for materials outside of events.

Then I have yet to clear the challenge quest or beat the final boss for Prison Tower. I should get around to that... (I'm also autoing Dragalia Lost dailies, but it has an event going on and I should get back to that too...)

As someone who hasn’t cleared Solomon yet and just recently started Babylonia, I’m still going strong. I’m hoping to be finished with the story by end of this month in time for the Lostbelt saga.

I don’t have many days left for half AP though, and once that’s gone the Valentines event will likely happen so that’ll distract me from the main story. So I’ll have to really crank through, but I heard Babylonia isn’t that bad compared to Camelot (apparently you just to be prepared because dialogue choices actually matter this time), so maybe at the very least I can make it to Solomon.

2 hours ago, Silverly said:

As someone who hasn’t cleared Solomon yet and just recently started Babylonia, I’m still going strong. I’m hoping to be finished with the story by end of this month in time for the Lostbelt saga.

I don’t have many days left for half AP though, and once that’s gone the Valentines event will likely happen so that’ll distract me from the main story. So I’ll have to really crank through, but I heard Babylonia isn’t that bad compared to Camelot (apparently you just to be prepared because dialogue choices actually matter this time), so maybe at the very least I can make it to Solomon.

NA isn't going to Lostbelts next.  This year is Epic of Remanent, which should start soon after Valentine's.

7 hours ago, Thokk Patrol said:

man i'm kinda burned out a little on fgo. 

Now might be a good time to take break if you feel that way. Until Shinjuku at the end of February there is really nothing to do in FGO and during the whole EoR year we don't get that many original events either (besides CCC). imo until April you can probably leave the game alone and don't miss that much.

I completed a second run of the challenge quest and this time I didn't need to use CS unlike the first time.

The team I used for the first run was Kuro/Mash/Support Tamamo/Summer Martha/Lancer Liz/Saberlot. They did ok until Gilles where things went bad because he managed to NP and later down the road Amakusa wiped everyone which forced me to use CS to win. It took 77 turns to win (lucky 7).

For the second run I swapped Kuro for Euyrale and kept the rest of the team the same. Euryale is 1000% times better than Kuro for arts stall teams thanks to her NP having Atk Down, not to mention this was full of males (and lol Jeanne) so Euryale just wiped every single servant. The only time it got hairy was when I had to swap her for Martha to take care of the homunculi and then stall until the plugsuit recharged during the Amakusa round, luckily Martha just critted him to death before he could use his NP. This run took 65 turns and no one died.

Finally got around to doing the Challenge quest at the last minute.

What was going to be a Jalter Crit Buster run transformed into a Stall Team after Fergus focused all 3 of his attacks at Jeanne d'Arc Alter, killing her. This was the team.

Jalter (Holy Night Dinner), 80 Waver (2030), Support Merlin (2030, not 10/10/10 skills but NP2) // Mash (2030), Kuro (Imaginary Element), Herc (Bond CE)

I ended up taking 93 turns to clear the entire thing. My reward?
Hermitage, David, Art of the Poisonous Snake

Totally worth it... /s

While I should be looking forward to the Valentines event, I've been so occupied with Langrisser Mobile that I'm neglecting my FGO dailies and Dragalia Lost's event. Where's a time manipulator when you need one?

Decided to try out buster memes for the final challenge quest with a Jalter + double memelin. Managed to do it in 48 turns with Jalter and both Merlins being at max HP at the end of the battle. It's pretty much as braindead a set up as I've heard. I sometime had 4 stacks of GoA going at the same time and Jalter was dropping NPs every other turn and having an Avenger definitely made the Jeanne and Amakusa fights much easier.

Didn't manage to get Edmond, but a yolo ticket on the 5M banner netted me a second Da Vinci, which I really appreciate for the NP damage increase. Can't wait for her second interlude to bump her NP2 damage to the level of her current NP5. 

Also farmed the doors as much as I could with the free time I had and without using apples. Went from 15M qp to 115M, though I could see that melting quickly with all the skills I need to level on my SSRs. 

Looking at the Valentines event, the gears from the shop will leave me 4 short of being able to max Merlin, though I hope I'll be able to get them from one of the node in the event. The lanugo will also be appreciated for when I finally get enough Proofs and Dusts to level up Musashi's skills.

46 minutes ago, redlight said:

Just curious. What are the rates for class specific summoning campaigns?

Not entirely sure what you mean, as rates don't really change regardless of the banner.  The way the class specific summon banners are set up is that the only servants available to pull in those banners are from that class (ex. if you're pulling on the Archer banner, you should never pull a non-Archer servant, unless DW decides to change this for some reason).  The overall rates for servants and CEs will remain the same as it always is (e.g. 1% for a 5* servant, 4% for a 4* servant, etc), with the only difference being that the servant pool is greatly reduced.

2 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Not entirely sure what you mean, as rates don't really change regardless of the banner.  The way the class specific summon banners are set up is that the only servants available to pull in those banners are from that class (ex. if you're pulling on the Archer banner, you should never pull a non-Archer servant, unless DW decides to change this for some reason).  The overall rates for servants and CEs will remain the same as it always is (e.g. 1% for a 5* servant, 4% for a 4* servant, etc), with the only difference being that the servant pool is greatly reduced.

Thanks for the info

So as a person trying to get as much SOL registered as possible, this is a kind of important event.

So uh, here's a list of Valentine CE's I need registered, I think:

• Sabers: None!
  • Lancer: None!
  • Archer: None!
  • Rider: None!
  • Caster: Da Vinci (return gift),
  • Assassin: None!
  • Berserker: None!
  • Extra:  None!

In return, I can give the following (discounting 3* and below and welfares, but aside from CasGilles if anyone needs one of those I can provide I think):

• Sabers: Mordred, Altera, Artoria, Saberlot, D'Eon, Siegfried
  • Lancers: Enkidu, Lartoria not-alter, Vlad (Extra), Lizzie
  • Archers: Gil, Emiya
  • Riders: Iskandar, Anne and Mary, Martha, Marie
  • Casters: Waver, Merlin, Sanzang, CasGil, Helena, Nursery Rhyme, 
  • Assassin: Kiritsugu
  • Berserkers: Fran, Tamacat, Berserkerlot, Herc

It may take me a while to actually aquire the gift, but I should have all of them by the end of the event because I plan on appling like crazy once the best nodes open.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

I got my Sith Daughter and she's almost to FA. 

Although I'm still not super ready to support most long time players I am looking for more pals. My code is 854778144

I haven’t touched this thread in a while.

Spoiler

Got MHXA in a whopping 6 tickets. That means I’m only missing Lancer Alter and Maid Alter from the current pool @Magus of Memery. I’ll pick the former with my SR ticket okay?

Dantes event was pretty fun. Got to try out a few different teams. Other than that NA and JP have been pretty boring. I’m not a fan of the new JP event and I have every servant I own at their max level on NA. Time to wait until CCC.