Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

14 minutes ago, Magus of Memery said:

Fuyuki
Team: Chloe - Tamamo - Support Waver - Mash - Robin Hood - Heracles
First fight with break bars and I now fully understand why people dread this mechanic. Uff, Saber Alter has a lot of HP and that added Def debuff doesn't do any favors keeping your team alive. I had to use CS after taking away around half of her last bar which is a bit unfortunate but Chloe's skill are just at 4/4/4 and I messed up by forgetting Tamamo's Morph. Meh, I will probably attempt this again with a different team.

Most fights with break bars don’t have nearly this much health.  The thing that makes difficult fights with break bars difficult is often the unremovable buffs bosses get rather than break bars themselves.

the main thing break bars do in and of themselves is stop oneshot comps.  

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Most fights with break bars don’t have nearly this much health.  The thing that makes difficult fights with break bars difficult is often the unremovable buffs bosses get rather than break bars themselves.

That's good to know when I finally get strong enough to handle em. I'm still just a little dude going through Babylon, and only have a few servants FA'd haha.

I dont think I ever gave my FC here, so Ill go ahead and do that now

Spoiler

I dont have much, but I have a max level (not grailed) Chloe, Lancer Tama, and a few others who might be useful for a few people up on my support list.

14 days from my next log in bonus, thatll put me at just over 200 SQ. Saving up for the CCC event in May.

Edited by Tolvir

That Salter fight was certainly something! I had to use CS just a little before taking the second Bar down because I miscalculated the support Jeanne's NP charge. I'll wait until my CS recover to give it another shot, I kinda want to see how far I can go with MHXA I'll be happy if she can take down at least 1 1/2 bars before dying.

On 2/19/2019 at 11:46 AM, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Honetsly unlike Summer BB(where people around the world have fucking amnesia and forgot Self Mod is one of the most bullshit thing in the world)

jUsT bEcAuSe A sErVaNt HaS ONE cRiT sKiLl DoEsN’t MaKe ThEm A dEe-PeE eSs!1!1!1!1111

Yeah, people are weird like that.

I think we’re all in agreement that Self-Mod is an absurd skill that by itself lets servants DPS when they otherwise have no business doing so. But eh.

On 2/19/2019 at 12:43 PM, Magus of Memery said:

(and no, Black Grail isn't capable of saving every NP).

Unless it’s something like, Gilles NP or something, Black Grail is far and away your best option to the point it overshadows everything else for doing damage in challenge quests. I really wish I was exaggerating this, but I’m not. I’d honestly consider it a requirement to cover up a bad Atk stat on someone like, BB or an offensive Caster, but it scales even harder the more Atk you have.

On topic: I’m hype for CCC rerun in JP to the surprise of literally no one. NA’s even getting Shinjuku on the 24th to keep things from getting stale. Memorial quests were boring but getting low turns on the Saber Alter fight should be fun.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Orleans: As Magus said, wyverns are just SUCK. Jalter herself wasn’t too hard, but those damn fat flying lizards love to crit like mad (one of which killing my Merlin before he could work his magic). I had to use seals to my surprise as when I attempted this. 

Septem: Altera was otherwise manageable. Used a support Gil plus my own archer and the rest was history.

Okeanos: When I first tried this, things kinda fell apart thanks to friend supports still clinging onto crappy event CEs, or worse, the valentines (thanks...). I decided to take the L and just wait until the event concluded when put on the CEs that don’t suck lol. My patience was rewarded and the fight was cleared without too much trouble.

London: Another one that didn’t cause much trouble. Remember Lartoria Alter’s fight? Neither did I.

‘Merica: I honestly thought things would get dicey here, but to my pleasant surprise, I brought down Cu without a causality. 

Camelot: I. HATE. GAWAIN. I. HATE. HIS. GIMMICK. I. HATE. THIS. FIGHT. FUCK. HIM. Next!

Babylonia: Tiamat isn’t really difficult as much as her fight is long and rather boring to slog through. A couple of my crew ended up falling, but I still pulled through.

Fuyuki: ...No comment. Well, except the fact that I’m probably going to hate these HP bars a lot. Just... ugh.

With the last one requiring me to use three quartz to finish(shaddup I know it’s a pitfall or whatever), all the challenge quests are down so it’s back to me getting the quartz from Babylonia I haven’t snagged yet until Shinjuku arrives.

Ok so

Orleans: Decided to use Smokes Jalter

Loses

Fuck this Saberlotting

And so it got Saberlot'd

Septerm: Black Grail Kuro'd

Okeanos: EXCALIBUR MORGAN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN

Merica: Used a very revolutionary strats called Black Grail D'eon but what are we kidding i Saberlot'd this thing

Camelot: Caesar boosted Kuro destroyed it

Babylon: Merlin Waver Herc

Gonna redo most of these for flames recording or something. Haven't done Salter

On 21.2.2019 at 1:47 PM, Glaceon Mage said:

Spoiler

To be fair other CQ might have less health but the break bar effects are far more insidious in return (like that King Hassan fight in Nero Fest 2017). Saber Alter's was pretty tame in comparision, I was expecting her to get full charge after each break and tbh having bars in this fight feels a bit unnecessary since it's unlikely that one can deplete that 3M HP in one-go. It probably wouldn't have made much a difference.

Yeah, the buffs are a bigger factor but it makes the fights far more interesting considering "normal" fights tend to have very simple solutions.

@MrSmokestack I meant it more in the line of Black Grail can't salvage bad NPs. e.g. Black Grail will not make Phantom's NP "good".
Speaking of which, did you spent a bit for NP2 Saber Alter? Or are you waiting for Shinjuku Part 2?

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner Saberlot scrub. How did you lose with the Orleans fight with Smokey's JAlter? What kind of team did you have to let that happen?

Edited by Magus of Memery

52 minutes ago, Magus of Memery said:

@MrSmokestack I meant it more in the line of Black Grail can't salvage bad NPs. e.g. Black Grail will not make Phantom's NP "good".
Speaking of which, did you spent a bit for NP2 Saber Alter? Or are you waiting for Shinjuku Part 2?

I don’t know what to do!

My must-have target for this year is Maid Alter, but I also want to roll GUDA rerun for Poster Girl and CCC for...well everything. If I don’t roll the CCC event on JP that is.

And then I’m juggling no less than four SR ticket options in Caster Gil, Saber Alter, Lancer Alter, and Nursery Rhyme. 650+ quartz won’t get me very far will it

52 minutes ago, Magus of Memery said:

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner Saberlot scrub. How did you lose with the Orleans fight with Smokey's JAlter? What kind of team did you have to let that happen?

A team that had only 8 stars to work with apparently

My one-turn was like, double Carp and Sumo on Jeanne Alter. Crit the dragon for 300k, NP Ruler Alter, crit the second dragon for 300k.

Shakespeare MVP.

59 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@Jedi whats your FL? ive been wanting to back then but i got distracted by EO Nexus

854778144 I don't have anything super worthwhile support wise yet so I do apologize haha. I have some good servants but I don't have a lot capped out

(I'm waiting also for Holmes, Merlin, Caster Nero and a Sanzang rerun lmao)

Edited by Jedi

And now EoR starts, sadly I won't be able to play until next weekend because exams and no way I'm playing the story in segments, it's all in one go or nothing.

At least I'll be able to stock up on Embers and QP after leveling MHXA and trying to get Sanzang to 10/10/10 (ran out of Horseshoes so she'll be at 10/8/8 for a while).

1 hour ago, Thokk Patrol said:

turns out angra still sucks horribly even with increased NP lvl.

NP levels change absolutely nothing about his NP until you get to NP5.  The only benefit along the way is NP2 gives you the ability to store charge over 100.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

Really like the pacing in Shinjuku, at least so far. Rather than a bunch of face-roll fights it's a low number of moderately difficult fights.

Still a lot easier than expected considering the Saber Alter lead-in, but that's a good thing since it lets me run my evil servants for the bond boost. (Pity Drake's been bond 10 for ages.)

Edit: Oh man level 90 Hans with 20% NP gauge a turn is some overpowered shit.

Edited by DehNutCase

On 22.2.2019 at 7:23 PM, MrSmokestack said:

My must-have target for this year is Maid Alter, but I also want to roll GUDA rerun for Poster Girl and CCC for...well everything. If I don’t roll the CCC event on JP that is.

And then I’m juggling no less than four SR ticket options in Caster Gil, Saber Alter, Lancer Alter, and Nursery Rhyme. 650+ quartz won’t get me very far will it

At least you have some SQ. I only have ~130 SQ and 32 Tickets now and it's not going to grow that much until the end of April (or May, depending if they're delaying CCC for a panel). That's hardly enough to try for Karna.

For other SSRs there are Sherlock and Musashi but I'll probably have to skip the former because I need a big bank for Shimosa. At least he gets 2 rate-ups during the 1st year of Part 2.

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Emiya Alter what have they done to you...

Honestly Emiyalter’s aesthetic looks pretty rough (to put it nicely) either way, though at least here he looks somewhat similar to his vanilla self here in the west. It’s no surprise that it’s gained some controversy though it’d likely be even worse without his altered art (no pun intended). In other words, he was doomed from the start. At least he’s a decent servant from what I heard.

Shinjuku has been pretty cool so far. Might be a bold prediction, but this might be my favorite EoR story out of the four, though Salem looks interesting too.

Spoiler

I’m really loving Salter/Jalter’s new looks too.