Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

35 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

On the contrary, Fergus is solid, Diarmuid is a bit underrated

Fionn on the other hand got a ridiculous level of EMIYA treatment going from meh into fine after CVY buff into uber golden god of destruction after his last buff. Hes basically the Parvati of Arts in that if not for his rarity and in this case slightly lower numbers he might as well be the best arts servant to ever exists. Hes so good that long term wise, hes without a doubt the best unit on the first SR ticket pool besides CasGil and Herc

I can tell you Fionn become my most used unit in JP at NP1 and its not purely because of favoritism. Such is 2019 

Really? I hear everyone shitting on Fionn, like everyone.

Also I finally saw Thomas Edison’s Noble Phantasm for the first time...
They went there...they really went there! That’s like an inch away from copyright!

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Really? I hear everyone shitting on Fionn, like everyone.

Also I finally saw Thomas Edison’s Noble Phantasm for the first time...
They went there...they really went there! That’s like an inch away from copyright!

He was a bit underrated before the buff on January 2019. Hes actually able to NP spam pretty well with Clairvoyance buff alone. Base Fionn otoh isnt that amazing

Its just that January 2019 buff is just so absurd - lets just say most people expected a massive cooldown cut on his 2nd and he got that AND battery out of nowhere. He immediately become godlike off that

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

My main issue with Fionn is... why aren't you just using Mash instead?

Not even OG Waver level Mash, but the new Ortenaus Mash. A team comp needs to be pretty specific to prefer Fionn over Mash.

Ortenaus can't spam AOE like it was going out of style and boost team NP gen. OG Mash, admitably is too absurd a unit

But Fionn is on DPS slot either way

24 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Ortenaus can't spam AOE like it was going out of style and boost team NP gen. OG Mash, admitably is too absurd a unit

But Fionn is on DPS slot either way

I mean, I don't really care about spamming AoE NPs from a guy with less than 9k base Atk, even if he has the 1.05 lancer multiplier.

A 7 turn 30% guage and 5 turn 40% Arts Mana burst also isn't what I really consider spam material*, considering he has OG Atalanta tier NP gen. (On the plus side, he goes to slightly below average for an release unit NP gen if you assume he has 100% uptime on his Clairvoyance, so that's something.)

*Mind, I don't consider Drake spam material either, so that should give you a reference. She's amazing for farming, but farming cares more about controlled, reliable burst than spam, and burst is where she's great.

That's my main issue with him, tbh, his damage needs to be a lot better for me to consider him a DPS rather than a support, and we have tons of good supports.

Clairvoyance is also really uncomfortable from a team-building standpoint, it helps people with good NP gen and hit-counts the most, and damage dealers with those two traits tend to be so good that it's worth losing a DPS slot to run a dedicated support for them, rather than a half-assed DPS/Support hybrid that Fionn is and Ortenaus Mash pretends to be. (LUL bunker bolt. I actually like the skill, mind, but Mash needs like 4k more Atk or something for that to be worth it, because it has 0 synergy with the rest of her kit. She's definitely hard support still.)

Edited by DehNutCase

14 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I mean, I don't really care about spamming AoE NPs from a guy with less than 9k base Atk, even if he has the 1.05 lancer multiplier.

A 7 turn 30% guage and 5 turn 40% Arts Mana burst also isn't what I really consider spam material*, considering he has OG Atalanta tier NP gen. (On the plus side, he goes to slightly below average for an release unit NP gen if you assume he has 100% uptime on his Clairvoyance, so that's something.)

That's my main issue with him, tbh, his damage needs to be a lot better for me to consider him a DPS rather than a support, and we have tons of good supports.

Clairvoyance is also really uncomfortable from a team-building standpoint, it helps people with good NP gen and hit-counts the most, and damage dealers with those two traits tend to be so good that it's worth losing a DPS slot to run a dedicated support for them, rather than a half-assed DPS/Support hybrid that Fionn is and Ortenaus Mash pretends to be. (LUL bunker bolt. I actually like the skill, mind, but Mash needs like 4k more Atk or something for that to be worth it, because it has 0 synergy with the rest of her kit. She's definitely hard support still.)

He actually is capable of spamming NP well enough with "standard team". I used him with Tamamo Friend and 1 randos(usually OG Mash) and he's extremely consistent at getting up 2 NP over 3 turns. Really high refill from AOE NP(as much  NP refill as Lancelot and OG Atalanta) goes a long way. In fact if he gets to NP from refilling with Free Will Spirit, chance are he get fuck tons of refund from getting hit on the follow up.

Admitably i never used Sieg to know how a more standard Arts NP spam looks like but i still can't catch on the idea that Sieg's absurd number(for the time he's released in) is standard

I get the Damage thing though. Granted JP currently isn't very damage demanding and for everything else.... Black Grail is a thing. Its why i compare him to Parvati - obviously parvati is much more broken(LETS GIVE A SERVANT 69% NP GEN SKILL AND THE BEST MANA BURST TO EVER MANA BURST, HER NP REFUNDS A FUCKTON AND HAVE A TEAM CHARGE AND CHARMS BECAUSE WHY NOT AT THAT POINT) and being Quick make it easier to catch the damage deficit but he's in a simmilar position

Bunker Bolt.... yeah I actually really really like the skil but its not placed well

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

On 28.2.2019 at 5:08 AM, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@MrSmokestack@Magus of Memery

@QKumber@Water Mage One does not simply claim they have played Fate Grand Order before they experience the exciting and thought provoking experience of Farming Bones during Half AP Free Quest with full AP bar.... levels up and do it again amirite

I'm going to add an appendix:
You also don't have played FGO if you didn't farm Caster Dailies for Hearts during 1/2 AP.
The old dailies.

-------

Shinjuku is supposed to have better drop rates for pages. Can't say I can agree to that.
What's everyone picking during "giving eclipse a nosebleed, the event encore ver."?

2 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

Shinjuku is supposed to have better drop rates for pages. Can't say I can agree to that.
What's everyone picking during "giving eclipse a nosebleed, the event encore ver."?

I know right? What bogus. I’ve gone there at least ten or so times and never gotten a single page. At least I recall getting a tearstone, but those only come into play for only one of my servants atm.

For my free CE, the new one will be Talk of the Hot Sands because 1) It looks like a decent stargen CE and 2) I ship Gil and Enkidu. Old CE will be Teacher and I for the battery and decent second effect.

3 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

It does? I only knew about the Heart node but I haven't tried farming it yet (although I got 1 drop while doing the fights for the quartz).

The new CE is going to be Talk of the Hot Sands because that's the best CE for Gorgon (not a fan of SDE). The old CE is between Versus and Teacher & I. I'm leaning towards Versus because I have a TON of starting NP CEs getting 2 MLB Imaginary Element and then another 3 copies is too much

2 hours ago, Silverly said:

I know right? What bogus. I’ve gone there at least ten or so times and never gotten a single page. At least I recall getting a tearstone, but those only come into play for only one of my servants atm.

For my free CE, the new one will be Talk of the Hot Sands because 1) It looks like a decent stargen CE and 2) I ship Gil and Enkidu. Old CE will be Teacher and I for the battery and decent second effect.

Hot Sands doesn't help with star gen.  It's star absorb and crit damage.

Personally, I'm picking Detective Dantes for the new CE.  For the old CE, I'm leaning towards Versus due to the niche effect.  Teacher and I is good, but having 2.8 MLB Kscopes means I don't really care much about other starting NP CEs, and I don't really use star absorb CEs much.

29 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

For the old CE, I'm leaning towards Versus due to the niche effect. 

Mind that we just got a free 5* CE with the anti-Divine effect. Fondant au Chocolat is 30% anti-Divine and 50% starting battery at MLB (and you should have it MLB'd from Valentine).

It's 10% less than Versus (non-MLB), but it also doesn't go away after 3 turns.

Edit: Derp'd, it's quite a bit more than 10% less, misread versus. 80% anti-divine and 40% defense is pretty interesting. The 3 turns thing makes it too niche for me to pick it, though. I just went with the 10% all card types.

Off-topic Edit: LUL. The trial quest first node has Arthur as 'Knight,' but it tells you flat out his NP is level 5 Excalibur if you click on his icon to open the info screen.

Edited by DehNutCase

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Mind that we just got a free 5* CE with the anti-Divine effect. Fondant au Chocolat is 30% anti-Divine and 50% starting battery at MLB (and you should have it MLB'd from Valentine).

It's 10% less than Versus (non-MLB), but it also doesn't go away after 3 turns.

Edit: Derp'd, it's quite a bit more than 10% less, misread versus. 80% anti-divine and 40% defense is pretty interesting. The 3 turns thing makes it too niche for me to pick it, though. I just went with the 10% all card types.

I actually forgot to buy enough to MLB Fondant au Chocolat, so I only have the three that dropped for me while farming.  Three turns is annoying, but niche use CEs are more interesting to me right now over general use, because I have plenty of general use CEs to pick from already.  It's unfortunate that Versus is split stats though.

pulled archer of shinjuku from a ticket. I figured rolling for a shot at either assassin/archer of shinjuku was better than arthur or amakusa.

So uhhh

I've been slacking and now i have a shitload of characters to slowly level and raise up AND I haven't done solomon's final 2 battles yet. (Any guides for those)

Da Vinci hit FA.

Medusa Lily, Li Shu Wen, Avenger of Shinjuku, Gorgon, Astolfo, Archer of Shinjuku, MHXA, and Bedivere all have to hit FA sometime after all.

Rolled for Astolfo/Amakusa/Teacher and I/possible Bediveres even if he wasn't on rateup:

Spoiler

ihmpfK6.png 1ayU88u.pngJ2IseKS.pngGTbgSu8.pngxW0C2Uc.pngGwPRFGm.png

It went very well.  This is my first extra class servant on NA besides Mash.  I now have every permanent 4* Rider.  Oh, and Kerry is NP3 which is neat.  Just need 1 more Lore to 10/10/10 him.

Life's good.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

10 hours ago, Thokk Patrol said:

I've been slacking and now i have a shitload of characters to slowly level and raise up AND I haven't done solomon's final 2 battles yet. (Any guides for those)

Now's a good time to farm exp cards. As for strategies... I saw one that used Mata Hari with her 3rd skill and Asterios. Basically skill seals and defensive buffs or atk debuffs. David and Ozy have skill seal on their NP. I think stun also works

Edited by redlight

21 hours ago, Alexmender said:

It does? I only knew about the Heart node but I haven't tried farming it yet (although I got 1 drop while doing the fights for the quartz).

Yeah, it's supposed to be slightly more AP efficient compared to Hyde Park. I spent an entire week worth of AP and only got ~15 pages out of it which is pretty poor.

--------

If anyone of you is proficient in statistics would you kindly answer this question of mine?
Should I roll for Karna now or during CCC pre-event? Thoughts?

Spoiler

CBC19:
- possible to summon male story-locked Servants
- this includes potential NP levels for Bedivere, Caster Cu and Li Shuwen (the former being relatively likely)
- some pretty good CEs I've yet to pull (Outrage, Conversation on the Hot Sands, Dantes Files)

Pre-CCC:
- Solo-Rate Up
- 2030 Rate-Up but I already have 3 copies of it. I also have all the other 5* CEs.

52 minutes ago, Magus of Memery said:

Yeah, it's supposed to be slightly more AP efficient compared to Hyde Park. I spent an entire week worth of AP and only got ~15 pages out of it which is pretty poor.

--------

If anyone of you is proficient in statistics would you kindly answer this question of mine?

Hide contents

CBC19:
- this includes potential NP levels for Bedivere, Caster Cu and Li Shuwen (the former being relatively likely)
- some pretty good CEs I've yet to pull (Outrage, Conversation on the Hot Sands, Dantes Files)

Pre-CCC:
- Solo-Rate Up
- 2030 Rate-Up but I already have 3 copies of it. I also have all the other 5* CEs.

whichever one has the fewest 5*s on rate-up for the longest time.

1 hour ago, Magus of Memery said:

--------

Hide contents

CBC19:

Pre-CCC:
- Solo-Rate Up

How much do you care about NP5 Bedivere or CasCu (Or Gilles, I guess, but who cares about him beyond trophy?)?  I wouldn't count on Li, though.  

2030 rate up isn't worth much if you have 3.  2 2030 gets the job done, 3 is nice as a silly comp, any more is excessive and not very useful unless you're trying to bring a lot of backup stallers.

For the record, if you pull 150 quartz (so 5 10 rolls) your chance of getting at least 1 copy of Karna on CCC (assuming .7% droprate) is 1- .99350 = 29.62%.  Pulling the same amount of quartz on CBC, assuming Karna rate is 0.4%, is 1-0.99650 = 18.16%.

Pulling 300 quartz (10 10 rolls) the difference becomes 50.46% on CCC, vs 33.02%.

Use this information as you will.

Edited by Glaceon Mage
I, the lovely creator of the BBCode tutorial, forgot the superscript code was a thing.

3 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

2030 rate up isn't worth much if you have 3.  2 2030 gets the job done, 3 is nice as a silly comp, any more is excessive and not very useful unless you're trying to bring a lot of backup stallers.

He didn't mention that his 3 were MLB.  So if he wants to MLB 2030, CCC is his best chance.

On 07/03/2019 at 12:11 PM, Thokk Patrol said:

pulled archer of shinjuku from a ticket. I figured rolling for a shot at either assassin/archer of shinjuku was better than arthur or amakusa.

So uhhh

Da Vinci hit FA.

Medusa Lily, Li Shu Wen, Avenger of Shinjuku, Gorgon, Astolfo, Archer of Shinjuku, MHXA, and Bedivere all have to hit FA sometime after all.

Figured out an easier guide after trying myself. If Sire is your friend then he has Herc on his friendlist. Basically buff him up with your first teammates and switch him out with an assassin to gain crit stars. Debuffs on Goetia is also good. Any CE that triggers on death that applies debuffs is also helpful. I'd recommend using Herc's evasion immediately when he comes back as then the opponent will attack you multiple times allowing you to charge his NP. 

21 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

What our friend Mage said is solid, I would just add 1 caveat: The pre-event banner is not 100% guarantee. NA has been following JP schedule but not 100% so... and our Bollywood boys already lost a banner in the distant past iirc.

Just keep that in mind aswell

On 07/03/2019 at 8:34 AM, Glaceon Mage said:

Rolled for Astolfo/Amakusa/Teacher and I/possible Bediveres even if he wasn't on rateup:

Congrats on the rolls! So you finally done with the Astolfo savings I suppose? :D

On 06/03/2019 at 7:29 PM, Magus of Memery said:

My page farming is a lot better now thanks to this specific node. in the past week I got around 35 pages from regular AP, and a chunk of teardrops that I have almost no use. No idea about the CE... prob the Gil+Enkidu one I guess?

Edited by QKumber

6 minutes ago, QKumber said:

What our friend Mage said is solid, I would just add 1 caveat: The pre-event banner is not 100% guarantee. NA has been following JP schedule but not 100% so... and our Bollywood boys already lost a banner in the distant past iirc.

Just keep that in mind aswell

Congrats on the rolls! So you finally done with the Astolfo savings I suppose? :D

My page farming is a lot better now thanks to this specific node. in the past week I got around 35 pages from regular AP, and a chunk of teardrops that I have almost no use. No idea about the CE... prob the Gil+Enkidu one I guess?

Yep!  Gonna start saving for Zero Accel rerun now for Saber Diarmuid and hopefully some Iskandar NP levels, and set aside some of what I had saved between then and now for Oniland and LB3 for Sitonai/Lanling.  Definitely picking Rama for the first free 4*, getting Astolfo now means I won't have to choose then~!

Also, we got the Zero Pre-event banner, so I don't think we need to worry over the CCC pre-event... plus it involves Gil and Nero Bride, who are both popular limited SSRs.  

23 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

How much do you care about NP5 Bedivere or CasCu (Or Gilles, I guess, but who cares about him beyond trophy?)?  I wouldn't count on Li, though.

Well, NP5 Bedivere is something like a priority for me. The next chance would be class-based campaigns where I hesitate to pul because I have zero need for any other Saber. Caster Cu isn't necessarily a goal of mine but he gets a bit more interesting in the future.
Yeah, Li isn't really likely though he might be a good consolation prize for every gold lancer card that isn't Karna (beats Fionn for sure). Alternatively it would be Extra Vlad who I have yet to summon.

So it's a pretty sizeable loss of probability, eh? Well, I got some time to think about it more.

20 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

He didn't mention that his 3 were MLB.  So if he wants to MLB 2030, CCC is his best chance.

How about we don't go there? I'm certainly not packed enough with money to afford MLB copies of 2030. I was only bringing it up because the 2030 rate-up doesn't appeal to me at all due to having enough copies of it.

4 hours ago, QKumber said:

The pre-event banner is not 100% guarantee.

tbf the NA side has been pretty faithful so far aside from that missing banner (thanksgiving and New Year tend to be a bit different but mostly the same).

3 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Yep!  Gonna start saving for Zero Accel rerun now for Saber Diarmuid and hopefully some Iskandar NP levels, and set aside some of what I had saved between then and now for Oniland and LB3 for Sitonai/Lanling.

Jeez, that's a long time you'll have to sit out from pulling.

13 minutes ago, Magus of Memery said:

Jeez, that's a long time you'll have to sit out from pulling.

I mostly deal with it by never saving tickets.

use tickets to cover rolling urges, save quartz.  I find it effective.