Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Whoever thought about time locked quests has a special place in hell! 

At least I got a CE drop from the newest node but farming the gold currency is suffering and I can't shake the feeling that I'm wasting points doing the daily quests with 2-3 CEs because I can't farm enough to get 5.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

44 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

At least I got a CE drop from the newest node but farming the gold currency is suffering and I can't shake the feeling that I'm wasting points doing the daily quests with 2-3 CEs because I can't farm enough to get 5.

If you don't have very many Poster Girls for a high bonus to Hiragumo drops, generally speaking you'll probably get more points farming the Hiragumos to buy the last two CEs than the CEs would give you by themselves.  Someone on the subreddit did the math based on a +1 Hiragumo bonus:

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

2 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Don`t fret over it anyway... farming gold currency without proper CEs takes time or extra AP, no other way around it.

What I would suggest, and hope you did already, is use the first few days to spam the 10ap to empty the shop from the bronze currency items! Then you can safely get everything else with some proper planning and maybe lucky - since you already ogt a nice CE drop :D

11 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Don't worry you ram the Honnouji points cap with the dailies alone, as long as you buy the CEs. People fret over it so hard last time that they went way past the max. limit and regret it later because there is no benefit of having more than the cap.

9 hours ago, QKumber said:

What I would suggest, and hope you did already, is use the first few days to spam the 10ap to empty the shop from the bronze currency items! Then you can safely get everything else with some proper planning and maybe lucky - since you already ogt a nice CE drop :D

That's a terrible idea considering we get a far more efficient node later on and you need to start farming Hiragumos now if you don't want to spend apples later to buyout the shop. It's better to use the 10 AP node to get the 1st CE asap, then just farm the first 40 AP node (drops both Hiragumo and bronze currency) until the more efficient nodes open up.

Why is this event so terrible?  I'm remembering why my Nobu was stuck unascended and NP1.

It's slow to grind and gold currency might as well be a myth early in the event...  I'd like to MLB Guda-O as well (already have a drop and 3 of the shop copies, so just need the last shop copy).

But it's just so... goddamn... slow...  I'm glad this is the last "old" event to be rerun.  Early FGO was a disaster in more ways than one.

I don’t really get the hype with Poster Girl. It’s just such a strange CE to me because it suggests putting it on an offensive servant by giving a 60% attack buff, but it grants HP for some reason. Then there’s the target focus that suggests putting it on someone tanky, yet I frequently hear it being suggested for support servants who I’d assume you wouldn’t want to die quickly?

Glaceon Mage and I were discussing this earlier after telling her that I put my MLB Poster Girl on Cu (since I thought he’d use the attack boosts well and he could evade a lot) and had someone on my friend’s list use him like crazy, but she suggested I put it on my Merlin which initially baffled me. Am I missing something?

45 minutes ago, Silverly said:

I don’t really get the hype with Poster Girl. It’s just such a strange CE to me because it suggests putting it on an offensive servant by giving a 60% attack buff, but it grants HP for some reason. Then there’s the target focus that suggests putting it on someone tanky, yet I frequently hear it being suggested for support servants who I’d assume you wouldn’t want to die quickly?

Glaceon Mage and I were discussing this earlier after telling her that I put my MLB Poster Girl on Cu (since I thought he’d use the attack boosts well and he could evade a lot) and had someone on my friend’s list use him like crazy, but she suggested I put it on my Merlin which initially baffled me. Am I missing something?

Poster Girl on a support does make the support die faster, but that gives you a free switch to another servant that presumably has their skills available, while also protecting your main damage Servant, who is likely just as squishy.

For this event specifically, Poster Girl on Caster is mostly for visibility.  Caster slot in general is a popular pick for Support because people are often looking for support Casters they don't have, or looking to double up on a particular support.  Since a lot of people look at Caster slot first, putting Poster Girl on your Caster support slot means more people will see it.

10 hours ago, Silverly said:

Poster Girl is the best support CE in the game after 2030. And Prisma Cosmos, I guess.

Its usage is twofold: it protects your other two servants in front from being attacked, and it provides a bonus effect depending on which servant is being foddered with it. There are lots of servants with useful skills in specific situations, but that you wouldn’t use because they disrupt your frontline or offer no other utility. Poster Girl solves this problem.

Don’t want to deal with Mozart’s awful stats? Get a free turn of burst damage and protection for your team.

Don’t want to deal with Martha’s massive star weight? Remove those pesky buffs and debuffs, and let that holy bust ensure your survival.

Shakespeare, Danzo, Chiron, Caster Gil...the list of one-off servants that work with this CE goes on and on. It’s highly versatile.

As for putting in the Caster slot, most people default to that during events and Hiragumo is highly sought after. Free FP!

13 hours ago, Silverly said:

The part your missing is just, no you want stuff to actually die quickly. The reason Poster Girl get the hype it did is entirely because it allows you to kill off servant in a guaranteed manner, which essentially turns it into a better Plugsuit that also protect you from damage

Plugsuit had a strong downside of not killing off the servant you switch out turning them into deadweight when they returns, something GGPG avoided

Its the same reason why Danzo is a better version of David. Danzo died when she protect you from AOE. David DOESNT die. Unit death in this case is simmilar to life points in Yugioh in that they are a very strong resource to use until you ran out of it

This is a very good example how a poster girl addict looks like

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

@YotsuMaboroshi @MrSmokestack @JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Alright, I think I have a slightly better understanding of it now. I guess the attack bonus is completely negligible. In general I play pretty conservatively, ie make sure the three servants I use stay alive whereas everyone behind is just insurance so the idea just struck me as very odd. I at least see the merit of it now, maybe it’ll come in handy for a one and done servant.

24 minutes ago, Silverly said:

@YotsuMaboroshi @MrSmokestack @JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Alright, I think I have a slightly better understanding of it now. I guess the attack bonus is completely negligible. In general I play pretty conservatively, ie make sure the three servants I use stay alive whereas everyone behind is just insurance so the idea just struck me as very odd. I at least see the merit of it now, maybe it’ll come in handy for a one and done servant.

The ATK boost isn't exactly completely negligible. GGPG is kind of a high skill cap CE in that the possible use you can get out of it is amusingly high - you can use it for a quick nuke,  tanking, and support effect stacking. Its honestly useful for absolutely everything provided the situation comes up

@YotsuMaboroshi @QKumber @Magus of Memery 

I see, that's good to hear. I'm still annoyed at the time locked stuff but I'm glad to know it'll be fine in terms of the points ladder. 

The newest node required 1 gold apple but it finally allowed me to buy the last 2 CEs so that's done. Now I just need to keep grinding for the 2 skulls and the mats.

So, Waver day on JP CBC, I can do my actual Lanling pulling now.

I did one 10-pull at the start of the event so I'd have some CE:

Spoiler

DohBkI5.png

And I did three more today:

Spoiler

YTWiex5.png 
U1wkcTa.png
BDTOhsW.png

Between all that, I ended up with NP2 Lanling, NP1 Moriarty, and NP3 Yan Qing (he was NP1 prior to this event).  White Day banners love me.  Last year I randomly got Waver on NA out of it, having randomly logged in and dumped 30 Q.  This year NA White Day gave me the stuff I detailed before + a second Astolfo off a ticket.  And I just went over JP.

Life's good.

So as beginner, I wanna ask: How are good events usually like?

I started playing FGO during the valentine event, and that one wasn’t so bad, but dammit this one is horrible. I wasted so AP on this. The Chaldea Boys was a much better event. I wish Proto Arthur got more events.

Oh, I managed to get both Proto Arthur and Amakusa Shirou from this event! I love Proto Arthur’s design and personality, and he’s currently my favorite Servant in the series. Why does Proto Arthur feels like a much better character than Altria? I don’t mean gameplay(but he hits like a truck unlike her), I mean better as a character entirely. Something about him feels just...right.

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

So as beginner, I wanna ask: How are good events usually like?

I started playing FGO during the valentine event, and that one wasn’t so bad, but dammit this one is horrible. I wasted so AP on this. The Chaldea Boys was a much better event. I wish Proto Arthur got more events.

Oh, I managed to get both Proto Arthur and Amakusa Shirou from this event! I love Proto Arthur’s design and personality, and he’s currently my favorite Servant in the series. Why does Proto Arthur feels like a much better character than Altria? I don’t mean gameplay(but he hits like a truck unlike her), I mean better as a character entirely. Something about him feels just...right.

Guda Guda was one of the game’s earliest events.  In general, the devs didn’t really get a really good grasp on making events until Kara no Kyoukai collab, events older than that are as a whole tedious and unfun.

As for Arthur vs Artoria (I refuse to use the terrible name that Type Moon insisted on), I honestly can’t pick between them for the most part characterwise.  If someone makes me choose I usually say Arthur on the grounds “he’s nice to Mordred” since her treatment of Mordred is my biggest issue with Artoria.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Guda Guda was one of the game’s earliest events.  In general, the devs didn’t really get a really good grasp on making events until Kara no Kyoukai collab, events older than that are as a whole tedious and unfun.

As for Arthur vs Artoria (I refuse to use the terrible name that Type Moon insisted on), I honestly can’t pick between them for the most part characterwise.  If someone makes me choose I usually say Arthur on the grounds “he’s nice to Mordred” since her treatment of Mordred is my biggest issue with Artoria.

I think the reason I like Arthur better is because how...light and easygoing he is.

Artoria comes with this heavy air around her and is quite judgmental and even arrogant, while Arthur is super nice to everyone. Artoria chooses to look back, let her past weigh her down, is constantly regretting and wants to change the past. Arthur had the same past as her, but instead he looks forward and instead of wanting to redo the past he chose to protect the world. As the game itself says, Arthur is the quintessential “knight in shining armor” and a true “prince charming”.

Okay, I think I went overboard here but long story short I really like Arthur.

Changing the subject, what’s the next event?

Edited by Water Mage

19 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Changing the subject, what’s the next event?

Either Guda Guda 2 or SERAPH. GG2 gives a rather infamous servant by the name of Chacha whom many people think is horrible, but she's actually rather OK with a decent enough setup. She's a Berserker that rewards you for her lasting turns to do stuff. Not the best skillset on a glass cannon, but somewhat useful nonetheless. It's a first run for NA so it's released by the time they know how to make events easygoing.

SERAPH gives one of the best SRs in the game by the name of BB. She's a support servant right up there with Mash that can also deal heavy damage with one of her skills that's crit oriented. Despite that part about her dealing heavy damage with her skill, her ATK stat is pitifully low. She's also the first and technically only representative (the other representative is herself as a seasonal) of the Moon Cancer class that's weak to Rulers and strong against Avengers. First run for NA.

EDIT: Oh yeah. BB's NP boosts party NP gauge by 20%

Edited by redlight

2 hours ago, redlight said:

Either Guda Guda 2 or SERAPH.

There's no either.  GudaGuda 2 will be our next event, because the JP schedule went from GudaGuda rerun to GudaGuda 2.  It's extremely unlikely for them to deviate from that and put SERAPH first.

And BB isn't anywhere near as good a support Servant as Mash.  She's more of a semi-support, and generally works best as a pointman against Avengers.

9 hours ago, Water Mage said:

5 hours ago, Water Mage said:

I think the reason I like Arthur better is because how...light and easygoing he is.

Artoria comes with this heavy air around her and is quite judgmental and even arrogant, while Arthur is super nice to everyone. Artoria chooses to look back, let her past weigh her down, is constantly regretting and wants to change the past. Arthur had the same past as her, but instead he looks forward and instead of wanting to redo the past he chose to protect the world. As the game itself says, Arthur is the quintessential “knight in shining armor” and a true “prince charming”.

Okay, I think I went overboard here but long story short I really like Arthur.

If you never experienced Fate/Stay Night and/or (ESPECIALLY) Fate/Zero, hell even Carnival Phantasm or Fate/Cooking, then you’ll never get the full picture of Artoria’s personality as well as her playful, humanly sweet side. F/GO slightly flanderizes her into her a serious, stick in the mud ruler who’s supposed to represent pre-Zero Artoria. Doesn’t help that her vanilla version, as well as most of the vanilla F/SN servants, aren’t thrown a bone at all (instead it’s given to alts unless your name is Hercules or Hassan) .

Meanwhile, Arthur is decent and I don’t dislike him, buuuuuuuuuuuuut he kinda falls into Nice Anime Male Protagonist™ nor does her really go through the same growth as Artoria does, so consequently he comes off as boring to a degree. It doesn’t really help that he isn’t as fleshed out compared to his female counterpart unless you listened to the Fate/Prototype: Fragments of the Silver Sky which is a drama CD that hasn’t been adapted into an anime, much less into an English dub. Still, it’s pretty decent, and it actually has a great servant cast with Ozymandias, Brynhildr, Arash, Paracelsus von Honenheim, and Serenity Hassan who you might be familiar with in F/GO (Dr. Jekyll is lamesauce). If interested in learning more about him, the CD is actually available on Youtube with English subtitles here

And yeah, this event sucks. Still salty I didn’t get Okita after pouring in over 800 quartz as well. At least we get a decent archer. The next two are decent from what I heard though.

1 hour ago, Silverly said:

If you never experienced Fate/Stay Night and/or (ESPECIALLY) Fate/Zero, hell even Carnival Phantasm or Fate/Cooking, then you’ll never get the full picture of Artoria’s personality as well as her playful, humanly sweet side. F/GO slightly flanderizes her into her a serious, stick in the mud ruler who’s supposed to represent pre-Zero Artoria. Doesn’t help that her vanilla version, as well as most of the vanilla F/SN servants, aren’t thrown a bone at all (instead it’s given to alts unless your name is Hercules or Hassan) .

Meanwhile, Arthur is decent and I don’t dislike him, buuuuuuuuuuuuut he kinda falls into Nice Anime Male Protagonist™ nor does her really go through the same growth as Artoria does, so consequently he comes off as boring to a degree. It doesn’t really help that he isn’t as fleshed out compared to his female counterpart unless you listened to the Fate/Prototype: Fragments of the Silver Sky which is a drama CD that hasn’t been adapted into an anime, much less into an English dub. Still, it’s pretty decent, and it actually has a great servant cast with Ozymandias, Brynhildr, Arash, Paracelsus von Honenheim, and Serenity Hassan who you might be familiar with in F/GO (Dr. Jekyll is lamesauce). If interested in learning more about him, the CD is actually available on Youtube with English subtitles here

And yeah, this event sucks. Still salty I didn’t get Okita after pouring in over 800 quartz as well. At least we get a decent archer. The next two are decent from what I heard though.

I experienced almost everything Fate related, and I still prefer Arthur over Artoria. And while I don’t dislike her, Zero actually lowered my opinion of her quite a bit. And Archer Emyia was actually partially based on Proto Saber, so Arthur is actually more cynical than he looks.

And thanks for link! I actually didn’t knew it was on youtube.

Edited by Water Mage

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

I experienced almost everything Fate related, and I still prefer Arthur over Artoria. And while I don’t dislike her, Zero actually lowered my opinion of her quite a bit. And Archer Emyia was actually partially based on Proto Saber, so Arthur is actually more cynical than he looks.

And thanks for link! I actually didn’t knew it was on youtube.

Theres one thing i find weird about Artoria and it relates to my opinion to Arthur

Shes "potrayed" to be perfect. When she is anything but. The fact that they delivered with that claim for Arthur, while boring, is a plus because it is a fitting description of the dude.

Speaking of which, regardless of what memes told you, Artoria is actually better. In fact Artoria is kinda arguably the best Saber in JP right now lol while Arthur is one of the worst

54 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Shes "potrayed" to be perfect. When she is anything but. The fact that they delivered with that claim for Arthur, while boring, is a plus because it is a fitting description of the dude.

Not portrayed as perfect.  She tried to reign as her ideal for a king, and her people ended up thinking of her as perfect and ultimately inhuman.  We don't see much of this because we don't really see much of Altria at Camelot.

I don't know enough about the differences between Arthur's version of Camelot and Altria's, but IIRC, both of them originally had the same wish for the Grail:  to redo their reign so that they could be a better King.  Altria lost that wish due to Iskandar and Gilgamesh criticizing her ideal of kingship which broke her, while Arthur lost it because talking with Ayaka about his reign and ideals ended up healing him rather than breaking him.

So we end up with Arthur continuing to act his ideal while Altria tries to reject it.

8 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

There's no either.  GudaGuda 2 will be our next event, because the JP schedule went from GudaGuda rerun to GudaGuda 2.  It's extremely unlikely for them to deviate from that and put SERAPH first.

And BB isn't anywhere near as good a support Servant as Mash.  She's more of a semi-support, and generally works best as a pointman against Avengers.

Sorry, I meant it as in I can't remember which one is next.

Not as supportive as Mash and kind of a different one since she can deal some kind of damage through one of her skills and NP (it also has a support effect with 20% party battery), but I worded it poorly. That's on me.

Laptop broke, so I spent some time trying to fix it.

I've still on FGO break and think I'm missing some of these daily point quests. I would love to get the mats (and get around to the EoR story which I still haven't touched yet), but there isn't enough time for me to juggle everything.

I have a sinking feeling I'm not gonna have enough Quartz for Ishtar once May rolls around since my current FGO interest is low...