Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

2 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

In JP FGO:

Hide contents

From what I have seen, that Kama beast challenge quest is quite difficult. Having only 3 servant slots restricts a lot of team building. What's this loading issue I keep hearing about?

Spoiler

Minimum difficulty final Kama is actually quite easy, but max difficulty is basically impossible without continues (millions of HP, buff blocks, duplication)  I dunno about middle of the road difficulties, though I'm considering trying maybe bar 20% full simply because 0% Kama was too easy.

The loading thing is basically the result of the event design.  Basically, you explore a labyrinth.  So far so good.

The way the game simulates exploring a labyrinth is to have multiple 1 ap nodes that have one line of text and no fight.  often 2-3 per hallway, and these maps are BIG.  And every time you do one of these 1 ap no fight nodes, it reloads the entire map.  Which takes about ten seconds, and those ten seconds add up fast.

It takes way longer than necessary.  The event is fairly easy (broken mystic code, fights aren't too long, damage CE are broken) and very rewarding mats-wise, but all the loading just makes it really tedious.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that was the CQ this time, huh.....Guess using Euryale is cheating because she just one-shotted all of Hijikata's bars and the charm ensured he wouldn't be able to do anything with the buffs he got after breaking each bar.

I'll try to make it more fun by finding someone that has a maxed Medusa Lancer and use her as my support alongside Euryale and Stheno for charm-lock memes if I finish farming the event early.

For the rerun, didn't play as much as I wanted to. Then again, most of my time went to other games instead of grinding for materials...

For the Restoration event, I just started today (which is late). When I resumed playing, I realized missed the storytelling of FGO. I also missed fighting all of the Nobus. NOBUNOBU!

Probably not going to get far with the points and event though. Luckily Chacha seems to be more utility and a collector servant than anything else, so if I do miss her it shouldn't be too much of a deal.

Oh thank god, they patched the loading on JP.

...I say, despite having already conquered Unlimited Loading Works and opening every part of the map the day the nodes opened.

At least when NA gets this/JP gets a rerun it won’t be nearly as bad.  

31 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

What are we getting next? It seems like the next one is the BB event right?

Guess we’re not getting Arghata(I think I spelled it wrong?) anytime soon.

CCC is next, then a few reruns and Argatha.

27 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

CCC is next, then a few reruns and Argatha.

It’s gonna be so odd having an event of the game that never released in the West. I wonder why CCC was never released in the west. 

Anyway, I think this event will be NA’s first encounter with new classes? You know Alter Ego and Foreigner.

2 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

It’s gonna be so odd having an event of the game that never released in the West. I wonder why CCC was never released in the west. 

Anyway, I think this event will be NA’s first encounter with new classes? You know Alter Ego and Foreigner.

No Foreigners in this event.  BB is a Moon Cancer.  Foreigners won't show up until the end of year.

As for why CCC was never localized, the main possibility is because the content of the game being so sexually charged made publishers leery of it.  Considering American's prudish attitude towards sex in media, it's not hard to guess why US publishers might not want to localize it.  There's also the fact that it was a PSP game released in 2013, after the Vita had been out for a few years, which meant that publishers probably expected there to be less interest in the game.

9 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Alter Ego appears this event, 3 with one being an SR and the other 2 SSRs. Bear in mind that these are limited time servants so you won't be able to pick the SR Alter Ago as this years free SR tho the player base gets a free Alter Egos anyways by the name of Mecha Eli-chan and Mecha Eli-chan Mk.II. Their only difference is the artwork and their voice lines. Other than that they're exactly the same. I can't remember what determines who you get, but upon doing the rerun you can get the other one.

Foreigner appears at the end of the year with Abigail as a SSR coupled with the SR caster Sheba (I hope I can get her). A month after that Katsuai or whatever her name is who is considered the better one of the two, at least from what I member. Their berserker interaction is different so you need to look it up as I'm too lazy. All of them have a passive skill that gives 2 stars every turn. They also have as much star weight as archers ranking them the second highest anchors in the game.

54 minutes ago, redlight said:

I can't remember what determines who you get, but upon doing the rerun you can get the other one.

You just pick which one you want in the shop after getting the item that gives the first copy.  The game then unlocks the ability to buy the remaining 4 copies of whichever one you picked.

As a side note, if you picked the opposite one from the previous year in the rerun, progress with whoever you picked the first year still counts for the ascension/bond missions.

So Foreigner is only in Salem huh? I can wait, as I’m not particularly interested in those classes. 

Speaking of the BB, I imagine there will be a banner with the other Sakura faces. Will there be a banner with Robin and Elizabeth drop rate up? I’ve heard they get new animations with this event. Shame Hans doesn’t get new animations, he really need new ones and he’s from CCC so it would fit.

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

So Foreigner is only in Salem huh? I can wait, as I’m not particularly interested in those classes. 

Speaking of the BB, I imagine there will be a banner with the other Sakura faces. Will there be a banner with Robin and Elizabeth drop rate up? I’ve heard they get new animations with this event. Shame Hans doesn’t get new animations, he really need new ones and he’s from CCC so it would fit.

Liz and Robin get rate-ups both on the pre-event banner for existing Servants that appeared in CCC, and on the second summoning banner for the CCC event.  Melt, Passionlip, and Suzuka Gozen are the first banner for CCC event.

3 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Not exactly. Salem is where we get our first Foreigner, being Abigail Williams. Almost a month later we get another one in Katsushika Hokusai, who’s said to be the better of the two (as well as without the minor controversy but that’s another story). During next summer, we actually get our first *4 foreigner being Mysterious Heroine XX who’s also said to be solid.

However, it should be noted that all of them are limited and as of writing there’s no free foreigner in the future. In fact they’re only one of the two classes, the other being avenger, that haven’t been given out as welfare. Granted, they’re not must haves, as they’re mostly there for hard counters for those annoying beefy beserkers, plus there’s the possibility someone might have her in your friend list anyways. It doesn’t hurt to have variety though.

On 4/4/2019 at 10:07 AM, Glaceon Mage said:

Oh thank god, they patched the loading on JP.

...I say, despite having already conquered Unlimited Loading Works and opening every part of the map the day the nodes opened.

At least when NA gets this/JP gets a rerun it won’t be nearly as bad.  

Good to hear.

Have you done the CQ?

Abby and Hokusai work well on different teams. Abby has better Merlin synergy due to her deck, and between the two the team has tons of passive NP charge. And remember that this is an NP that removes buffs.

Hokusai is the prime AOE DPS for Arts crit teams, but they’ve fallen out of favor in JP due to consistency issues and requiring specific conditions to work. Quick blitz is better with less investment.

MHXX was hyped up during her release time, but now she’s just “ok” at best. Her skillset and deck are very generic giving her a variety of support options to work with. Unfortunately there’s not much reason to build her when BB exists.

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Good to hear.

Have you done the CQ?

No not yet, when I do it'll probably be my usual Amakusa/Support Merlin/Mash team though.  Having a generalistic DPS is quite useful for these fights.

Got both both lores, beat the challenge quest, have a np5 Chacha, and cleared a good amount so I say I'm done with the event. Also got a copy of Helena off a ticket; my list of caster keeps ever growing.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

@Sire Hope you don't mind that I update your excellent Friend Code register. There were some changes here and there so I took the liberty to adjust it accordingly.

Spoiler

Something, something, updates.

[UPDATE LOG - 15.04.2019]
-- Hostile takeover by the Magus of Memery.
-- Added Water Mage (Luiz).

Forum Posters (NA)
MrSmokestack - 062,476,598 (MrSmokestack)
Magus of Memery  - 863,169,679 (Ren) Note: Please notify Magus of Memery if adding as a friend in FGO.
Sire - 815 519 689 (Sire)
JSND Alter Dragon Boner - 283,900,798 (JSND)
Jingle Jangle - 812,852,640 (Jingles)
Glaceon Mage -  171,099,109 (Glaceon Mage) Note: Please notify Glaceon Mage if adding as a friend in FGO.
LuxSpes -  292,726,441 (Lux)
Alexmender - 423,824,954 (Alexmender)
Jedi - 854,778,144 (Jedi)

Active Members (NA)
SecondWorld - 403,067,254 (David)
Ebony - 233,925,133 (Dan Kuroto)
TheGeek - 722,418,335 (Geek)
MediocreLee - 015,794,040 (MediocreLee)
Rothene - 750,157,837 (Rothene)
Symphonica - 239,898,941 (Symphonia)
N30 - 086,951,059 (Arcadia)
Sharpy - 356,589,556 (Sharpy)
Azure Sen - 327,166,643 (Sen)
Scoot - 999,540,146 (Nat)
Troykv - 370,389,828 (Micky) Note: Please notify Troykv if adding as a friend in FGO.
redlight - 247,397,387 (redlight)
Water Mage - 920,367,760 (Luiz)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Friends List Capped (NA)
Lord-Zero - 285,321,342 (Lord-Zero)
Emeraldfox - 674,653,620  (Emeraldfox)
Zak Something - 883,068,826 (Zak)
Polydeuces - 302,111,199 (Poly)
Sekki - 082,416,051 (Sekki)
QKumber - 314,369,629 (QK)
YotsuMaboroshi - 507,153,523 (Zeth)
Tolvir - 636,017,397 (Tolvir)
Silverly - 897,617,159 (Kris)

Inactive Members (NA)
Time the Crestfallen - 961, 944, 081 (Time)
eclipse - 917,798,708 (eclipse)
Necrofantasia - 025,447,171 (Jules) Note: Please notify Necrofantasia if adding as a friend in FGO.

JP IDs
Glaceon Mage -  278,184,018 // Note: Please notify Glaceon Mage if adding as a friend in FGO.
N30 -  555,282,304
Time the Crestfallen - 665,153,364

Edited by Magus of Memery

2 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

@Sire Hope you don't mind that I update your excellent Friend Code register. There were some changes here and there so I took the liberty to adjust it accordingly.

No problem. I haven't been active in FGO recently or been keeping up with the new Friend Codes.

Not sure what will bring me back to active duty as I still haven't even started the latest main story yet. Langrisser Mobile is such a huge time sink so it leaves me with little time for other things. I am considering dropping Langrisser Mobile, but I am really enjoying the game even in its flawed state.

It's the classic, "Too many games, too little time," scenario. At some point one has to ask if playing (or grinding) is worthwhile when other games that potentially have more fulfilling experiences are available.

19 hours ago, Sire said:

It's the classic, "Too many games, too little time," scenario. At some point one has to ask if playing (or grinding) is worthwhile when other games that potentially have more fulfilling experiences are available.

Yup that is an issue. 24 hour long days are just not enough anymore :P

56 minutes ago, Magus of Memery said:
  Hide contents

It's time. A bit sooner than I expected.

Dang! I was hoping for this to come late April/early May to get another 5 tickets for Melt. Guess I'll have to pull my "there's no hope so I'll just roll for Mapo Tofu/4* CE" card, it has worked 3 times.

On 06/04/2019 at 11:42 PM, Magus of Memery said:

Hide contents

Something, something, updates.

[UPDATE LOG - 08.04.2019]
-- Hostile takeover by the Magus of Memery.
-- Added Symphonica (Symphonia).
-- Added YotsuMaboroshi (Zeth). [Friends capped]
-- Added Silverly (Kris). [Friends capped]
-- Added Water (Luiz). [inactive]
-- Added Time (Time). (JP)
-- EDIT (08.04.19): Added redlight (redlight).
-- Moved Necrofantasia to [inactive]
-- Updated entry [Mister Rogers -> Sharpy; Czarpy -> Sharpy]

Forum Posters (NA)
MrSmokestack - 062,476,598 (MrSmokestack)
Magus of Memery  - 863,169,679 (Ren) Note: Please notify Magus of Memery if adding as a friend in FGO.
Sire - 815 519 689 (Sire)
JSND Alter Dragon Boner - 283,900,798 (JSND)
Jingle Jangle - 812,852,640 (Jingles)
Glaceon Mage -  171,099,109 (Glaceon Mage) Note: Please notify Glaceon Mage if adding as a friend in FGO.
LuxSpes -  292,726,441 (Lux)
Alexmender - 423,824,954 (Alexmender)
Jedi - 854,778,144 (Jedi)
redlight -
247,397,387 (redlight)

Active Members (NA)
Symphonica - 239,898,941 (Symphonia)
SecondWorld - 403,067,254 (David)
MediocreLee - 015,794,040 (MediocreLee)
Rothene - 750,157,837 (Rothene)
Ebony - 233,925,133 (Dan Kuroto)
TheGeek - 722,418,335 (Geek)
N30 - 086,951,059 (Arcadia)
Sharpy - 356,589,556 (Sharpy)
Scoot -  999,540,146 (Nat)
Troykv - 370,389,828 (Micky) Note: Please notify Troykv if adding as a friend in FGO.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Friends List Capped (NA)
Zak Something - 883,068,826 (Zak)
QKumber - 314,369,629 (QK)
Emeraldfox - 674,653,620  (Emeraldfox)
Lord-Zero - 285,321,342 (Lord-Zero)
Polydeuces - 302,111,199 (Poly)
Sekki - 082,416,051 (Sekki)
Tolvir - 636,017,397 (Tolvir)
YotsuMaboroshi -
507,153,523 (Zeth)
Silverly - 897,617,159 (Kris)

Inactive Members (NA)
Time the Crestfallen - 961, 944, 081 (Time)
eclipse - 917,798,708 (eclipse)
Necrofantasia - 025,447,171 (Jules) Note: Please notify Necrofantasia if adding as a friend in FGO.
Water Mage - 638,254,040 (Luiz)

JP IDs
Glaceon Mage -  278 184 018 // Note: Please notify Glaceon Mage if adding as a friend in FGO.
N30 -  555 282 304
Time the Crestfallen - 665,153,364

My code changed to 920,367,760.  And no fear, I’m pretty active.

On another note, I think I gonna try to pull for Tamano. I may have Hans as Caster support, but it doesn’t hurt to have another.