Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end I just did the absolute bare minimum for the event by only finishing the story. No point or mat farming (or hearing the glorious slaughter war of Nobus). I think there is a re-run of the event at some point, so maybe I'll be back into actively playing FGO at that point.

Speaking of which, I'll probably have to get off me bottom and actually pay attention to FGO for the CCC event. I hear BB is a great welfare but it takes a lot of effort to obtain her. 

About the BB event, I know there’s an Event Shop but I’ve heard about “Mission Completion” rewards. What’s that?

Is it like Point Rewards or Event Shop or Master Missions? Or is it something new?

Edited by Water Mage

3 hours ago, Water Mage said:

About the BB event, I know there’s an Event Shop but I’ve heard about “Mission Completion” rewards. What’s that?

Is it like Point Rewards or Event Shop or Master Missions? Or is it something new?

Mission events have a set of 100 event related tasks for you to do to progress the event.  Stuff like kill X enemy 10 times, clear all free quests in Y area, clear Z Quest 5 times, etc.

You get stuff for doing these things, Mats mainly.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Breaking news! Breaking news! Rate up is not a lie!

YHtf5kP_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Man I’m so relieved I actually got her, especially after the attempt for Okita was a huge bust. Originally I was going to wait for the Gil/Umu dual rate up, but I ending up getting a bit impatient. Plus Gil gets a million rate ups anyways and a lot of my friends have him compared to Bride Umu where I can only recall one person putting her on their support list. It’ll take a while for me to get her going since I’ll need to farm lots and lots of saber embers, but once she’s fully maxed I know she’ll be extremely helpful when paired up with my Tamamo. 

The haul itself wasn’t too shabby either. Got my first 2030, Another Ending, Vanilla Umu, and two copies of Devilish Bodhisattva and... Gawain (ugggggggh). Best of all, I still got quartz to spare, so I’ll be saving up until Squirtoria hits, for as much as Rin tempts me I’ll wait for her in November. 

Lesson learned? Patience is overrated. 

Does anyone else know the feeling of when you finally get the Servant you want and you’re really happy but then you realize you don’t the materials for your new Servant and you need to grind. Suddenly all the happiness for the new Servant goes away.

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Does anyone else know the feeling of when you finally get the Servant you want and you’re really happy but then you realize you don’t the materials for your new Servant and you need to grind. Suddenly all the happiness for the new Servant goes away.

Mat hell is the worst. 

I recently discovered I’m short on crystals, meaning Bride Umu might be stuck as 60 for a while. The good news we’re still getting a boatload of events for the past couple months, so whatever you might need will likely be provided through those.

On 4/7/2019 at 1:30 AM, Sire said:

It's the classic, "Too many games, too little time," scenario. At some point one has to ask if playing (or grinding) is worthwhile when other games that potentially have more fulfilling experiences are available.

I have been juggling a ton of games lately. Started playing an old MMO again, and became an admin for a community server on top of FEH and both FGO servers. “Hectic” doesn’t begin to describe it.

On 4/8/2019 at 5:36 PM, Magus of Memery said:
  Reveal hidden contents

It's time. A bit sooner than I expected.

FINALLY.

I’m ready to roll this, whiff, and not roll again for another year. Wait what

JP is having GUDA3 rerun. Presses snooze button.

Despite being "the Hero of Charity" Karna was my most expensive SSR alongside Merlin. At least I got him.
*wallet lies dead on the ground*
Well, no Sherlock this year for me, I need to recuperate till Shimosa.

Spoiler

Total haul:
- Karna
- Drake
- Gawain
- NP3 Elisabeth (from NP1)
- NP4 Emiya (from NP3)
- NP3 Caster Gil (from NP2)
- 1 Fragments of 2030
- 3 Ideal Holy King

I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't get regular Nero during this session considering how much I spent.

33 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Maybe it’s to early to ask, but what’s the next after BB’s? 

The Alter Ego duo interests me, but I not sure if I should use my SQ now. I mean, Sherlock comes this year right?

http://fate-go.cirnopedia.org/summon.php

here’s all the summon banners on JP.  Adjust 2 years (ie banners in 2017 on JP are for NA 2019) for an approximate NA schedule.

20 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Thanks! This is much more useful than the one I was using!

You can also look up when the focus rotations for each banner is up if you search for them through the fgo wiki

Edited by redlight

This is a bit random but meaning to ask this fora long while now, why Fate/GO isn’t dubbed? I’m not asking for it or anything, I just find it odd that it wasn’t dubbed considering how popular it is and it makes a enormous amount of money.

27 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

This is a bit random but meaning to ask this fora long while now, why Fate/GO isn’t dubbed? I’m not asking for it or anything, I just find it odd that it wasn’t dubbed considering how popular it is and it makes a enormous amount of money.

It’s expensive and I guess they think those few who’d like it are not enough for it to be worth it.

5 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

It’s expensive and I guess they think those few who’d like it are not enough for it to be worth it.

With the amount if money Fate/GO makes,  they could afford it, but I can see why they didn’t do it.

I really wish more Fate stuff was dubbed, even Extella wasn’t dubbed. 

28 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

With the amount if money Fate/GO makes,  they could afford it, but I can see why they didn’t do it.

I really wish more Fate stuff was dubbed, even Extella wasn’t dubbed. 

There's also a number of fans that would throw a fit if a dub were available, but dual audio wasn't, because they prefer the JP voices (think about the outcry there was for Fates not having dual audio after Awakening did, except bigger since so many Fate products were JP exclusive so more people are used to and prefer the JP voices).  And dual audio would greatly increase the size of the app (which is already fairly big).

For other stuff, it's dependent on the company localizing the product.  XSeed tends to not dub, in my experience, and they were responsible for the Extella and Link localization.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

Well, if you like dubs, you can rest assured that the anime adaptions of FGO will likely be dubbed. I doubt the games will ever be dubbed though.

As for me, I've gotten too used to the JP voices, so hearing it in English will be a little weird for me.

Unfortunately, it’s pretty much too late for FGO to dubbed. Bit of a bummer for me since I prefer listening to dialogue in my native tongue. Unlike others I’m don’t really fuss over Japanese voices which might be one thing that would disqualify my from being a turbo weeb, and in general with most anime I really dislike subtitles since they can be distracting for me. 

In other news, I made history yesterday.

SR56SKD_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

OG Rider was with me since my tutorial summon and has been a very solid teammate from there. As this is the first time I maxed bonded a servant, I’m quite pleased it was her even though her personal CE is pretty lame lol. 

Edited by Silverly

I know it’s too late for FGO to be dubbed, but it would be fun to hear the characters in english. I would love to hear what voice characters like Hans or Dantes would have in english.

Changing the subject, I can’t believe my luck. Few days after getting Gilgamesh, I managed to get Karna. With him I have 8 SSR Servants and I only started a 2 months ago! Though I won’t be using them anytime soon due to lack of resources.

5 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Changing the subject, I can’t believe my luck. Few days after getting Gilgamesh, I managed to get Karna. With him I have 8 SSR Servants and I only started a 2 months ago! Though I won’t be using them anytime soon due to lack of resources.

Leveling all those SSRs will be the real hell. You thought it was gacha? Pfffft.

Edited by MrSmokestack