Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the 23rd will be the day when I get nothing but Mapo Tofu trying to pull Melt. It was obvious considering when the pre-campaign ends but it's nice to have official confirmation.

Those QoL updates are really nice, too. The back button is the one I appreciate the most, now I don't have to worry that much if I forget to press Ishtar's Mana Burst before destroying the wave before the boss. Auto burning stuff means that now I'll summon more on the FP gacha for event CEs It was so annoying to either create CE bombs or burn all those low rarity CEs

Mmm, those sweet QoL changes. Even an entire year before JP got it.
inb4 massive animation updates batch.

Oh, and apples! Almost exactly like how JP got them. Hm, I wonder if people stopped complaining-
No, why did I expect anything else? Ranting inside, but seriously? Don't bother open it.

Spoiler

At this point I'm looking at the NA side as an inequity aversion experiment. Whining everywhere, whichever board you go. Because of small differences between servers. Clairvoyance be damned, I suppose.

Those upset little runts should just migrate over to JP and be done with. Oh, they should also share how it feels to suffer from endless maintenance and not being able to plan out their resources in advance.
And quitting is always an option. Sunken cost fallacy is not a justification for companies to improve, so ... not many other alternatives. Certainly didn't stop me from leaving FEH behind after they kept degrading the game to P2E.

imo between the numerous QoL changes and ... 30(?) SQ I'm taking the former.

Man, the announcements for CCC and the QoL updates today have me hyped up. I figured the event would happen on the 23rd, but having it announced and all these amazing QoL announcements feels really great. I was kind of hoping we'd find out if we get any rotating rateups for the event too, since I don't want to have to worry about getting spooked by a certain saber while going for Passionlip. 

The apples and quartz are hype too. Really happy about all those. 

53 minutes ago, Magus of Memery said:

22 SQ.  10 for Twitter/FB campaign (+some QP, FP, embers, and fous), 5 for the con prize (+30 silver apples), and 7 for maintenance.  That's assuming of course that maintenance doesn't get extended.

Edit:  I think I misread what you meant, as you're probably talking about the 'missing' quartz people have been complaining about.  I'll still leave this up so that it's easy for others to see what we're getting after the upcoming maintenance.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

Eh? There's something going on on the FGO Reddit again? // At this rate I really don't care much anymore. After the first couple things being overblown, I'll just sit here in me chair and relax. Maybe JP got more total quartz, but that may be because summons used to cost 40 quartz back then instead of 30. The total number of summons between versions should be similar.

The new Quality of Life changes are nice though! As for my quartz, still sticking to my original plan in trying to get Ishtar in May. (Man, it's almost May already...)

Ppl just like to complain for the sake of complaining. FGO NA IS a dif game then fgo jp was 2 years ago and ppl fail to realize that >>

I rather have the game available to play then suffer from maintenence day in day out. I enjoy some faster QoL and minor upgrades.

Meh I just don`t care about ppl bitching too much I guess.

Hyped for next event! Tired of dead week. Still considering if I am rolling for Melt or not... after last Okita fiasco (my 2nd big failure, first was back in JttW - in total among those 2 930sq for 0 SSR)

COME CCC

11 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

Oh, and apples! Almost exactly like how JP got them. Hm, I wonder if people stopped complaining-
No, why did I expect anything else? Ranting inside, but seriously? Don't bother open it.

Reveal hidden contents

At this point I'm looking at the NA side as an inequity aversion experiment. Whining everywhere, whichever board you go. Because of small differences between servers. Clairvoyance be damned, I suppose.

Those upset little runts should just migrate over to JP and be done with. Oh, they should also share how it feels to suffer from endless maintenance and not being able to plan out their resources in advance.
And quitting is always an option. Sunken cost fallacy is not a justification for companies to improve, so ... not many other alternatives. Certainly didn't stop me from leaving FEH behind after they kept degrading the game to P2E.

Some people man...

The NA playerbase is just pathetic at this point. Doesn’t help that we have morons like Shotgun Shogun trying to fan the flames with conspiracy theories either.

”Back Button and other QoL updates over a year early? About time! But wait a minute! This is clearly a deflection because of not wanting to address Emiya Alter! Albert is lying to us! REEEEE”

I’m just gonna roll when the update drops and be happy. Must we always find the negatives in everything?

Honestly the really shitty thing about the Emiya Alter thing is it was basically an inevitable lose situation before he ever released.

You can't deny that unaltered Emiya Alter would not go over well in the US at all.

But at the same time, censoring it gets the "CENSORSHIP REEE" crowd all riled up.  

What the hell were they supposed to do?  There were literally no good options.  Can't we just move on and stop being the reason it was a lose lose to begin with?

I’m also on the same boat being fed up with the constant temper tantrums of other NA players. When it all started a couple months back at first I found it amusing, but now it’s just irritating and juvenile. 

I actually thought I’d get a break with all the negativity when I first joined the FGO community considering my only other gacha before was Heroes who we all know has a notoriously disgruntled fanbase. At least the FEH community finds new things to complain about rather than just dwelling on the same damn thing for months on end. Like who’s really at fault for “prolonging” the controversy, the people who slightly changed it or those who constantly bombard the twitter feed and keep stroking the fire demanding an explanation which they already know the answer to?

Apparently FGO Reddit is not as bad as FGO Twitter right now. I can see why there wasn’t a Q&A at Sakuracon. They’re acting like children.

It’s funny how something as simple as a back button is such a huge update. Though it probably took so long because of Star distribution.

11 hours ago, Sire said:

There's something going on on the FGO Reddit again?

3 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

What drama is on the FGO Reddit this time?

reddit is comparatively tame. It's gfaqs and twitter which are blowing up. Doesn't help that both are prime firewood material to stoke this pyre of idiocy and salt.

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Must we always find the negatives in everything?

Well, this is more of a rhetorical question now, isn't it?

2 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Honestly the really shitty thing about the Emiya Alter thing is it was basically an inevitable lose situation before he ever released.

About that ... it is weird to say that I like this Emiya Alter more? Sure the yellow cracks absolutely don't fit with his "censored" version but now I can actually recognize him as, you know, Emiya? Like the whole reasoning for his darker sin is ridicilous in the first place (read the Servant Material, it's so bad).
If I wanted to critize anything on the censor then it would be it being a half-assed job.

25 minutes ago, Magus of Memery said:

About that ... it is weird to say that I like this Emiya Alter more? Sure the yellow cracks absolutely don't fit with his "censored" version but now I can actually recognize him as, you know, Emiya? Like the whole reasoning for his darker sin is ridicilous in the first place (read the Servant Material, it's so bad).
If I wanted to critize anything on the censor then it would be it being a half-assed job.

It was a rather common sentiment when he released on NA, iirc.  And tbh, considering the palette was ripped from OG Emiya himself, I'm inclined to agree.

OG Emiya Alter barely looked like Emiya tbh.  Even Emiya (Assassin), a completely different person, looks more like Emiya than OG Emiya Alter.  

1 hour ago, Magus of Memery said:

About that ... it is weird to say that I like this Emiya Alter more? Sure the yellow cracks absolutely don't fit with his "censored" version but now I can actually recognize him as, you know, Emiya? Like the whole reasoning for his darker skin is ridicilous in the first place (read the Servant Material, it's so bad).

Honestly I’d have to agree with you. I’m no sjw, but even I knew that the lore and concept behind Emiya is pretty sketchy. Like really, “Let’s make Emiya a criminal”? I know a lot of people point out the lips and skin as being problematic but I think another thing that’s overlooked is the hair. If it was kept to Archer’s normally pulled back hairstyle or even Shirou’s shaggy hair then at least he’d look recognizable with only a darker shade of skin (which might still be potentially problematic though not as much). However, it’s very clear he’s designed to be an African-American, and to put it bluntly, with the undertones of black peoples being thugs and residing in jails... yeah, that’s quite problematic. I personally would have gone for more of a gray tone, but oh well.

I’m against censorship in general, but here the choice to do so is understandable. If it was just to cover up more of a scantily clad female, then I’d be very annoyed. I’m a grown man and I don’t need other grown men deciding for me if a woman is showing too much boob/butt/thigh. Same goes for lolis. They’re just a fictional anime archetype akin to catgirls/traps/etc, and in their defense one could mistake them for a petite woman at a glance (and this is why I laugh when people say Abigail Williams might get censored, what a joke). But here with Emiya, it (you know where I’m getting at but I won’t go into specifics) goes around a very touchy area, especially in America where the media watchdogs for anything controversial are on high alert. Don’t believe me? Kotaku made an article recently accusing  Smash Bros making fun of disabilities, and that was a fucking reach. Here a case could’ve been made and it might have gotten ugly. It’s about time we give Albert and co a break. 

Edited by Silverly

11 minutes ago, Silverly said:

Like really, “Let’s make Emiya a criminal”?

This is a misinterpretation of the artist's comments.  A prisoner is not the same as a criminal.

@Magus of Memery I thought the reason he was darker than Emiya was the same reason Emiya is darker than Shirou:  Demiya's used projection magic more than Emiya, so his skin is darker and his hair is whiter.  Though I reread the translation of his profile in Materials V, and it doesn't actually mention why his skin is darker at all, even in the artist's comments.

I honestly don't care much for either version of Demiya (the gun swords are cool, the rest of his design is weird).  While I can understand why he was changed for NA, I dislike censorship in general, and really wish people weren't so hellbent at finding things to be outraged about.  I also think the jokes made about Demiya in the game script are more problematic than his design or the artist's comments.  The design and the artist's comments are unfortunate, but not intentionally racist.  The jokes made at the expense of the design are deliberately reinforcing the negative perception.

1 hour ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

I honestly don't care much for either version of Demiya (the gun swords are cool, the rest of his design is weird).  While I can understand why he was changed for NA, I dislike censorship in general, and really wish people weren't so hellbent at finding things to be outraged about.

This! I just disagree with any kind of censorship in principle.

The moment we cannot talk / make jokes about something, we gave that thing too much power. And I fail to see what is wrong with a stereotypical archetype being made into a character. Those exist for a reason, usually based on reality.

Idk, I feel ppl should focus their efforts into making reality a better place then focus on censor/policing stuff. Tweeter/media outrage is so out of place.

Maybe since I do not live in the USA things are different, but the moment when you CANNOT speak about something because it offends someone, that is a very scare moment

At the end of the day it's really just a vocal minority acting out. Even then, them being assholes isn't necessarily exclusive to the FGO fandom and are probably assholes in every other parts of the web and communities.

I'll echo the sentiment that it could've ended up bad either way when it came to censorship. I'm no zealot when it comes to these kinds of issues, but I can see the criticism tho I'm not outraged by it that's for sure and can still use Demiya without taking pauses to think about "stereotypes". Either some people get incredibly offended that rile up hate mobs bcs of Demiya or some guys are assholes on the internet. They could've put more effort into the recoloring, but the end result is probably more desirable for Aniplex and co. Tho they should've censored Jack if we're gonna be honest. Kids with thongs makes me want to bleach my eyes.

6 hours ago, Water Mage said:

It’s funny how something as simple as a back button is such a huge update. Though it probably took so long because of Star distribution.

I honestly had a hard time accepting the concept bcs of it being abusable, but that was a product of me not putting much thought into it. Stars only get reshuffled by using crit related skills that affect the current turn is such a simple solution.

8 minutes ago, QKumber said:

Tweeter/media outrage is so out of place.

It's a combination of two factors why Twatter has gotten cancerous, the first being applicable to the whole Demiya censorship. Tweeting has kinda become like people saying raw stuff like they would IRL. As for the second factor, the climate in Twatter has also gotten more... Left-leaning and PC I guess you could say due to biased censorship policies.

8 minutes ago, QKumber said:

Maybe since I do not live in the USA things are different, but the moment when you CANNOT speak about something because it offends someone, that is a very scare moment

US and UK in a nutshell. Hate mobs in US and thought police in the UK.

The being unable to say offensive things thing is mostly because the absolute number of idiots increases as the total population increases, even if the proportion of idiots decreases. Generally speaking, if a country has a large population it's probably because their population in the aggregate is doing something right, so the per capita amount of idiots goes down as population goes up, but because the population goes up the total amount of idiots goes up despite that.

With access to good communication and transportation it then means that you're more easily exposed to said population, hence why getting stuff like your real name and address getting exposed online is pretty dangerous, since it only takes one retard who cares enough to fuck up your day to fuck up your day, and there's a lot of idiots that have the ability to get to wherever you live, these days.

That said, when you say stuff when you're just walking around or whatever the population thing doesn't apply, since the number of idiots per square mile tends to go down over time---it's just that the number of square miles that can be considered to have 'easy access' to wherever you are goes up over time, so it's a bit dangerous if you leave your personal info in random places online. If you're just talking in public then the people who have access to you are pretty much just the people within 20 or so meters of you. If you're talking online then pretty much your entire country has access to you, and big countries have a lot of idiots.

Mind, this is all just theory crafting---that is, this is how I expect the world would work given what I understand about it. It's not like I actually tried to deliberately mess people up by exposing their addresses or whatever and posting under their names to get idiots riled up. It's just that it seems like it'd be really easy to do that if I wanted to.

Changing Subjects Module, Engaged.

So, when are all the Fate animes supposed to come out again?

Babylon was a series if I recall correctly. Wasn't it supposed to start later this year (like Fall or Winter)?

Camelot is going to be two separate movies I think. Odd that Camelot seems to be coming after Babylon (Part 1 in 2020, right?), but whatever.

Also, when is the Case Files anime supposed to start? I want to say July (or sometime in summer) for some reason, but I can't remember.

Edit: For my future reference...

[Reference Data] Sire's Summoning Ishtar Attempts: 128 (~28 Tickets, ~ 271 Quartz)

Edited by Sire

9 minutes ago, Sire said:

Changing Subjects Module, Engaged.

So, when are all the Fate animes supposed to come out again?

Babylon was a series if I recall correctly. Wasn't it supposed to start later this year (like Fall or Winter)?

Camelot is going to be two separate movies I think. Odd that Camelot seems to be coming after Babylon (Part 1 in 2020, right?), but whatever.

Also, when is the Case Files anime supposed to start? I want to say July (or sometime in summer) for some reason, but I can't remember.

You're pretty much correct:

• Babylonia is slated for the Fall 2019 season.  We've gotten a PV and some key art for it, and it's supposed to start in October.
  • The only thing we know about the Camelot movies is that the first part will air in 2020, with no info on the second part.  Babylonia is coming first because it was more popular in the survey that determined which singularities got adapted IIRC.
  • Case Files episode 1 airs in July (Summer 2019 anime season), though episode 0 aired in January.

Hey, you forgot about Prisma Illya coming back around June! Or... did you omit it on purpose? Guess I can’t blame you if it’s the latter. 

But yeah we’re pretty stacked this year (and likely the following) in terms of Fate anime. All of those bear some interest in me. And yes, I watch Prisma Illya. Sue me.

22 minutes ago, Silverly said:

Hey, you forgot about Prisma Illya coming back around June! Or... did you omit it on purpose? Guess I can’t blame you if it’s the latter. 

But yeah we’re pretty stacked this year (and likely the following) in terms of Fate anime. All of those bear some interest in me. And yes, I watch Prisma Illya. Sue me.

Prisma is coming back in June? First time I heard of it, unless you mean the Prisma "Carnival Phantasm" spinoff.

A part of me wants to do a re-watch and compare it side-by-side with the original manga. I was in the process of reading the manga, but then I put it on hold for other stuff.

Edit: Prisma Illya is actually pretty good. The fanservice does put me off at times, but other than that, I enjoy the series. Seeing Happy Illya and Iri (especially after coming from a Fate/Zero marathon) was a refreshing change of pace.

Edited by Sire

22 minutes ago, Sire said:

Prisma is coming back in June? First time I heard of it, unless you mean the Prisma "Carnival Phantasm" spinoff.

That's what's in June.  We aren't going to get a new season for a while because the manga still hasn't finished the arc after Oath under Snow.  The June OVA release is only in theaters, IIRC, which is a bit disappointing because we'll then have to wait for the disc release sometime later to get it overseas.

Personally, I like Prillya (second favorite Fate franchise, after Carnival Phantasm), I just tend to forget about upcoming anime stuffs unless it's been mentioned recently.  I also generally tend to take it as it's own thing separate from Fate for some reason (probably because it's a magical girl spinoff rather than standard shounen like most of Fate).

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi