Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Ah gotcha, I'm mostly saving for Holmes and then later in the year I think Sanzang is getting a focus again and I want her so bad haha.

GL then. I hope you get them with ease.

22 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I'm saving 120 sq for Karna in a couple weeks. The odds are slim, chances are I'll get a Liz or Demiya. But I at least have to make an attempt.

To be honest, getting Liz isn't so bad. She's got that female charisma and a targetable defense down. There's a whole bunch of single target slaughter fests you could do with a prana enhanced voice dragon girl.

14 minutes ago, redlight said:

To be honest, getting Liz isn't so bad. She's got that female charisma and a targetable defense down. There's a whole bunch of single target slaughter fests you could do with a prana enhanced voice dragon girl.

I already have a np1 copy of Liz. I guess it won't hurt to have her stronger.

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I already have a np1 copy of Liz. I guess it won't hurt to have her stronger.

Oof. I hope I didn't affect your luck right now. I heard Demiya is good haha smileyface I hope I didn't fuck it up it for you

We stating what servants we be saving for? Let's see here...

May
- Ishtar (I tried for Ishtar during her other rate-ups, but no luck. Maybe she'll appear for me in May [or spook me on my birthday depending when the banner starts.])

July
- Archer Artoria (Mostly because of how broken she apparently is, but I have other priorities and won't mind skipping her. As an aside, getting Tamamo Lancer and Kiyo Lancer would be nice too, but are not high on the list.)

August
- Artoria [Rider Alter, Maid Artoria Alter] (I like my Artoria Alters. I think I got plenty of Riders as is, but it's Artoria Alter! Sadly, I'm probably still gonna save Quartz...)
- Illya (It's Illya. That is all. Happy Emiya Family when?)

September
- Brynhild (It's hard to say why I like Byrn, but she warmed up to me over time. She'll be nice to have, but I have Scathach for a ST Lancer.)
- Okita (I keep seeing Nobu x Okita comics and it keeps guilt tripping me. The two need to be together! Of course though, my available Quartz may say something otherwise...)
- Merlin (I missed Merlin the first time around, so hopefully I'll get him here. That regenerative heal is extremely useful...)

October
- Tomoe Gozen (All right, I'm a Tomoe fan, especially after seeing all the fan art and comics of her being adorable. Not a fan enough to try for her immediately though. Be patient, and she will come. Eventually. Hopefully...)
- Kato Danzou (I like Danzou's design. Not sure how she plays since she seems to be a Support Assassin, but her design is nice.)

November
- Ishtar (If I somehow miss Ishtar in May, she appears again here. I'm not missing Ishtar in May. Period.)
- King Hassan (It's King ****ing Hassan. Heck, I'll NP5 him if I was a whale. I missed him in January because I had next to no Quartz trying for Ishtar. As is, I'm a poor, broke man, so my scraps will have to suffice...)

December
- Ereshkigal (I don't care if Eresh is Chaotic Evil. She is adorable and needs headpats. Problem is, I'm likely to be dry on Quartz trying for King Hassan in November, so I don't know if I'll be graced with Eresh being summoned to my Chaleda...)

Others
- Mysterious Heroine X [Alter] (Another Artoria Alter, and I warmed up to her quite a bit during the event and reading her story.)

Geez Sire, that is a LONG lost friend. If you ever want to playtest with ArcherArtoria (or squirtle for me) just say so! I can change to pretty much any CE and you can see her at pretty much max potential (skills and lvl100)

Personally, I`ll be trying for Yagyu and Penth (her second rate up, I would kill myself if Wu/Sche appeared for me on their launch banner); then for Bryn and Skadi next year.

All the banners close to each other most likely, both SRs in October and most likely both SSRs in June/July 2020

Just now, QKumber said:

Geez Sire, that is a LONG lost friend. If you ever want to playtest with ArcherArtoria (or squirtle for me) just say so! I can change to pretty much any CE and you can see her at pretty much max potential (skills and lvl100)

Personally, I`ll be trying for Yagyu and Penth (her second rate up, I would kill myself if Wu/Sche appeared for me on their launch banner); then for Bryn and Skadi next year.

All the banners close to each other most likely, both SRs in October and most likely both SSRs in June/July 2020

Honestly, if we condensed it down to "must-haves" they would be Ishtar, Eresh, and King Hassan. Merlin is desired because of how powerful he is, but I can live without him because everyone else seems to have him. MHXA is also someone I would like, but I'll have to rate for her next appearance which won't be for a while.

Thanks for the offer for Archer Artoria! However, I find my support lineups usually fielding another Waver as my own still isn't leveled up enough yet. Maybe some day. (That's the one thing with FGO. If you don't have a good support servant, you are usually stuck using someone else's. If you have an excellent support setup, then you can start playing around with your friend's Grailed Servants who are completed maxed out. Until then, it's support friend servants all the way.)

Haven't started on the event yet as I'm trying to wrap up some other things before going full-throttle on FGO. I'm hearing good things though, so I am looking forward to playing it!

Yeah, having the main supports allow you to pick any DamageDealer you fancy :D

But tbh, I would say Squirtle functions super well without waver, but she really likes Tamamo/Mozart, Bride, CasGil or Hans. Sure Waver is amazing but he isn`t the only  pick for her IMO

o/

Poor Kiritsugu.

Void Shiki: NP damage up, team NP charge 10% after NP

Assassin Shiki: NP damage up, def down to enemy after NP

Kerry's only saving grace is that targetted taunt.  Otherwise, Assassin Shiki is now better than him at like

basically everything?  Besides maybe stargen because his buster is better?  

My wishlist for 2019/2020 is:

Spoiler

Red are the most important event, green are more or less optional goals.

2nd Anniversary
- Sherlock Holmes
Probably not going to pull from this or Kogetsukan since I want to have as much SQ as possible for other campaigns.

Shimosa Release (~start of October)
- Miyamoto Musashi
- Tomoe Gozen (min. NP2)
Mark my words. This is the day where the world ends for me.

11M Downloads Campaign (~mid November)
- First Hassan
I'm still not sure if I really want him or not. I want to raise a SSR Assassin that is not Jack so imo it's between Cleopatra and him as the other SSRs leave a lot to be desired. Obviously the former is probably the next best Assassin after Jack while Hassan is aggressively mediocre gameplay-wise.
On the other hand ... it's the Old Man voiced by Kirei. I'm almost obliged to get him. I shall see how much I have left after Shimosa.

Apocrypha/Inheritance of Glory (Spring 2020)
- Achilles
I practically grew up with the Illiad. You can guess why I want him.

Okita Summoning Campaign (Late Spring 2020)
- Okita Souji
- Gudaguda Poster Girl
Honestly, Okita will never be in a good time spot for me. I was saving for Karna during the rerun and that exhibit campaign is a likely candidate to be skipped. Fortunately 2020 will have solo rate-up and GPC though it will completely depend on how much Achilles will take from my funds.

3rd Anniversary
- Sherlock Holmes
- Scáthach-Skadi
- Antonio Salieri (from GSSR)
Probably my best bet to get Holmes. JP got a stupid amount of free SQ for this anniversary and the Extra class GSSR is not only cheap but also offers by far the best opportunity to get Salieri (NP2+ being very likely). I don't necessarily like Skadi but considering how some of my best Servants are Quick might as well complete the Caster quartet.

15M Download Campaign (November 2020)
- Yagyu Munenori (SR Ticket)
Unfortunately the 1st ticket won't include Shimosa so I have to settle for this. Besides it's not like he needs tons of Proofs and Dust, right? When will my suffering end?

5 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Poor Kiritsugu.

Void Shiki: NP damage up, team NP charge 10% after NP

Assassin Shiki: NP damage up, def down to enemy after NP

Kerry's only saving grace is that targetted taunt.  Otherwise, Assassin Shiki is now better than him at like

basically everything?  Besides maybe stargen because his buster is better?  

Also assassin Shiki can give old Li Shuwen a run for his money,  queen of assassins. I'm not sure who to compare her Saber counterpart to.

So, after some research, I discovered that not only did they make the brilliant decision of making Christopher Columbus story locked, he doesn’t even a get a rate up. He still apparently lacking one to this very day in JP. That meaning, your only chances at obtaining him are 1) the story gacha...pfffffffffft 2) rolling during class rate ups...which hardly anyone does either 3) a couple of the guaranteed SSR pulls where he just might pop up depending if he’s eligible 4) Chaldea boys rate ups, which are probably the only ones which make any real sense to summon on. That’s honestly terrible. I’m hoping Aniplex pulls a Medea Lily and actually adds him to one of the Agartha banners. 

Then again, I’m not sure why I’m that peeved about it considering I don’t plan to summon on either of the Agartha rate ups in the first place. Guess I’m weird.

Welp, Shiki literally killed her competition ... and the stupid rule that Welfares don't get meaningful buffs. Kintoki buff, anyone?

That additional Def down on her NP is ridicilous considering how easy it is to spam her NP over and over again.

22 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Kerry's only saving grace is that targetted taunt.  Otherwise, Assassin Shiki is now better than him at like basically everything?  Besides maybe stargen because his buster is better?  

Well, he is slightly better at the virtue of having more hit counts on Buster & Extra, while having a higher rank in PSC. Scapegoat produces stars, too.
His NP is also more defensive in nature since it drains NP gauge.

But yeah, he is even more niche now. DW should just buff his NP gain to "normal" values so he can at least spam his NP reliably. That way he can differentiate himself as a more defensive option between Scapegoat and his NP.

Edited by Magus of Memery

41 minutes ago, Silverly said:

2) rolling during class rate ups...which hardly anyone does either

Class rate ups are actually the best time to pull for story locked 3*, because 3* rateup is otherwise always 4%.  

38 minutes ago, Magus of Memery said:

Welp, Shiki literally killed her competition ... and the stupid rule that Welfares don't get meaningful buffs. Kintoki buff, anyone?

That additional Def down on her NP is ridicilous considering how easy it is to spam her NP over and over again.

Well, he is slightly better at the virtue of having more hit counts on Buster & Extra, while having a higher rank in PSC. Scapegoat produces stars, too.
His NP is also more defensive in nature since it drains NP gauge.

But yeah, he is even more niche now. DW should just buff his NP gain to "normal" values so he can at least spam his NP reliably. That way he can differentiate himself as a more defensive option between Scapegoat and his NP.

Or at least give him an animation update that shoehorns a buff to his art hitcounts... Kerry's big issue is his NP has an insane hitcount while his art cards have trash hitcount so DW basically put him in "Busted or underpowered?" situation and went with the latter.  

But yeah, the poor guy is kinda stuck in "worse Shiki" land thanks to similar kit with far worse spammability and less damage.  

46 minutes ago, Silverly said:

So, after some research, I discovered that not only did they make the brilliant decision of making Christopher Columbus story locked, he doesn’t even a get a rate up. He still apparently lacking one to this very day in JP. That meaning, your only chances at obtaining him are 1) the story gacha...pfffffffffft 2) rolling during class rate ups...which hardly anyone does either 3) a couple of the guaranteed SSR pulls where he just might pop up depending if he’s eligible 4) Chaldea boys rate ups, which are probably the only ones which make any real sense to summon on. That’s honestly terrible. I’m hoping Aniplex pulls a Medea Lily and actually adds him to one of the Agartha banners. 

Then again, I’m not sure why I’m that peeved about it considering I don’t plan to summon on either of the Agartha rate ups in the first place. Guess I’m weird.

Class banners are always the best way to get story locked 3* Servants if you actually want them, and plenty of people roll a bit on those because of that.

Beyond that, Columbus just isn't popular.

Ohhh now we're doing a wishlist for NA, count me in!

Spoiler

2019:

• Ongoing: CCC part 1 pickup. I really want Melt, although 240 sq has only gotten me NP1 Emiya so far... 
  • October: Shimosa part 1 summoning campaign. Shouldn't need an explanation after my New Years failure. 
  • Late November/Early-Mid December (I can't really tell when this one will come). Eresh is love, 'nuff said.

I may or may not use some tickets on Summer 2 part two for Maid Alter but she's not a priority on my list. 

2020:

• January. New Years pickup. Hokusai looks very fun to play with but I may go with Melt/Musashi instead if I didn't got them before. I just hope Eresh doesn't drain me of all my quartz.
  • February: KnK re-run banner. I still want Saber Shiki because she's gorgeous, and the recent power up she got means she'll be more than a staller/trophy servant.
  • July (?): 3rd Anniversary banner?. Skadi is great for quick memes and ensuring Ecchan doesn't suck so it's a given I'll summon for her.
  • August(?): Summer 3 part two. I don't even like BB but I can't deny how great she looks as a 5*, not too mention that card lock skill is too good to pass up.
  • November. Christmas 2 re-run banner. Only if I didn't get Eresh during her first banner.

I don't know if Osakabehime gets a banner during this year but I'd probably summon on that one too as long as it isn't too close to the ones I mentioned before.

2021:

• January. New Years pickup. Benienma looks fun-dechi~
  • February. Valentines pickup. Murasaki Shikibu may be another AoE Caster of which I have a ton already but I like her art too much to pass her.
  • ?. CCC re-run. Melt if I couldn't get her before, otherwise Kingprotea.
  • ?. Ooku summoning campaign 1. Voiceline and animation wise Kama is like 3 servants in 1 (I know Valkyrie is the same but I'll probably get them with the free 4* summon ticket) and having a servant that can deal with Alter Egos is too good to pass.

- - - - - - 

Those Shiki strenghtenings look pretty nice. Assassin Shiki basically rose above all the SR Assassins in terms of normal damage (Carmilla should still be superior against females and Nitocris is still the GOAT in terms of farming mooks) while Saber Shiki finally got the NP buff she sorely needed since forever ago. 

I won't be getting Shiki until the KnK rerun so I'd better try to get all I can from Kiritsugu until that time comes although I never use him because he only offers a targetable taunt which I don't find useful and his stargen is outmatched by the two 2030 CEs I have

If you want an idea of how stupid and unnecessary Assassin Shiki’s buff is, Li Shuwen now needs to be NP3+ to match her damage. And his NP doesn’t even ignore defense.

50 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

(Carmilla should still be superior against females and Nitocris is still the GOAT in terms of farming mooks)

Assuming I got the math right, Carmilla post-Interlude NP5 has Shiki beat by...a whopping 10k points of damage. And QQQAB is far worse than QQAAB for consistent team NP gen. Carmilla is technically better in her ideal case scenario, but not by much. I certainly wouldn’t give up Shiki’s defense ignore and invuln pierce for 10k more damage.

Assassin Nitocris is also quite bad for IK farming. Caster is better. Her summer version is a decent Arts pointman on paper, but her damage is very much lacking.

It was more debatable in the past, but now it really isn’t. Shiki is head-and-shoulders above the rest of the Arts Assassins, and one of the best overall. Off the top of my head I would only consider MHX, Kama, and Jack better than her.

Edited by MrSmokestack

8 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

If you want an idea of how stupid and unnecessary Assassin Shiki’s buff is, Li Shuwen now needs to be NP3+ to match her damage. And his NP doesn’t even ignore defense.

Assuming I got the math right, Carmilla post-Interlude NP5 has Shiki beat by...a whopping 10k points of damage. And QQQAB is far worse than QQAAB for consistent team NP gen.

Assassin Nitocris is also quite bad for IK farming. Caster is better. Her summer version is a decent Arts pointman on paper, but her damage is very much lacking.

It was more debatable in the past, but now it really isn’t. Shiki is head-and-shoulders above the rest of the Arts Assassins, and one of the best overall. Off the top of my head I would only consider MHX, Kama, and Jack better than her.

Oof, now that is pretty ridiculous. Li still has the stat advantage and the ability to crit hard but still...having superior NP firepower compared to a NP2+ SSR is bonkers! NP5 Carmilla only beats her by 10k...I expected double of that at the bare minimum considering it's a Buster NP... ok, I'm starting to see that Shiki just became a liiiitle too OP now.

Dang! I forgot that Assassin Nito doesn't have the death chance up skill of her Caster form. Looking at her skills Summer Nito wants to be some sort of tank with 2 skills dedicaded to defense and one being a taunt, that's still a niche so she doesn't have to compete with Shiki but outside of that...yeah, she's left in the dust in terms of damage.

50 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Oof, now that is pretty ridiculous. Li still has the stat advantage and the ability to crit hard but still...having superior NP firepower compared to a NP2+ SSR is bonkers! NP5 Carmilla only beats her by 10k...I expected double of that at the bare minimum considering it's a Buster NP... ok, I'm starting to see that Shiki just became a liiiitle too OP now.

Card type for NPs generally doesn't impact damage much, because the NP damage modifier is adjusted to account for the card type modifier.  Carmilla's NP5 has  a 1200% damage modifier, while Shiki's NP5 has a 1800% damage modifier to account, but if they both use their NPs on a male Rider with no buffs up, they'll do about the same damage because Arts cards do less damage than Buster cards (+ or - differences in Atk).

Quick NPs actually get modifiers that usually put them a little above Buster and Arts in damage IIRC, unless you're Jack, who's Interlude damage buff was less than other ST Quicks who have Interludes (Jack's NP5 modifier is 2200%, while MHX or Scathach have an NP5 modifier of 2400%).

Edit:  Going back to the example of Carmilla and Shiki, Carmilla's Buster NP5 will hit for 1.5 * 1200% damage, or 1800% damage, as Buster cards have an internal 1.5 damage modifier.  Shiki's Arts NP5 will hit for 1.0 * 1800% damage, because Arts has a 1.0 damage modifier.  MHX's Quick NP5 hits for 0.8 * 2400% damage, or 1920% damage, while Jack's Quick NP5 hits for 0.8 * 2200% or 1760% damage.  Similar ratios apply when comparing AOE NPs to each other, so in general, Quicks are technically the hardest hitting NPs.

Note that this isn't taking into account stats and stuff, just napkin math on the NP damage modifiers directly.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

When can Serenity get a strengthening for her Infiltration skill? Maybe buff removal and a shorter CD

Edited by redlight

5 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I would only consider MHX, Kama, and Jack better than her.

Wait, MHX?  Why?  Her stun is annoying to use with the delay (and doesn't have a 100% chance at lv 10), her invincible is nice but Shiki has a dodge which for most of the time is as good, her third skill would be nice on an archer but is pretty useless for an assassin, and her overcharge is basically worthless 99% of the time.  Her gen stats are pretty good, but so are Shikis, and that doesn't really change how useless most of her kit is.

Did MHX get a second buff that I never noticed?

Remember that having a 12 hit Quick is pretty amazing for star gen purposes, and since it's 12 hits it actually gives more NP than a 3 hit Arts NP for MHX & Shiki's hit counts (edit: namely, because the have the same hit counts---if MHX had more arts hits it might've been worse). Shiki does nice damage but her only stars come from her 2 4 hit quick cards, which isn't really in the same league.

Edited by DehNutCase

5 hours ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Wait, MHX?  Why? 

Did MHX get a second buff that I never noticed?

MHX got buffed three times.

1) NP interlude

2) Star of Saber

3) Skadi’s existence

MHX has a very weak skillset, but her internals are excellent. Her damage is also quite good thanks to interlude. Star of Saber saves one of the team’s Carp slots to run other CEs too.

Keep in mind this is like, tippy-top end Quick team setups. Compared to Kama or Jack, MHX is definitely more niche. But she isn’t bad.