Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Honestly I kinda dislike spawn rate ce in general.  They make optimal farming take... so... long...  And missions are usually designed with the CE in mind (Just compare Case Files missions to CCC, CCC requires way more of most enemy types...) so it doesn't actually cut down on that front.

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Personally I haven't had an issue with the generic farming Nodes.

But then, I also have a level 100 Drake and a Bride Nero, so yeah. (Nero isn't that much worse than Waver for supporting if you're just farming, and Drake is Drake.)

Nero Bride lacks a NP battery of any kind, she only has the np gain up which isn't nearly as useful.  She's automatically miles worse as farming support for that alone.  

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Magus of Memery said:

Lies, you're capped.

Alright, fine. I cut the dead weight so that no longer holds. You happy now? :P

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Nero Bride lacks a NP battery of any kind, she only has the np gain up which isn't nearly as useful.  She's automatically miles worse as farming support for that alone.  

If you're doing a min-maxed 3 turn farming run, sure, but if your team comp isn't optimal the fact that you'll take longer means that isn't as relevant, and her star gen, healing, and better NP gets more relevant.

Waver's also a bit worse when the map is a complete faceroll, because it takes 3 skills to get his full NP gauge charging + his face cards are worse (and his NP doesn't do notable damage). He compensates somewhat since his Atk up is pretty much just as good thanks to the bonus damage while being AoE, though.

Basically, Waver has a sweet-spot at medium difficulty waves where if you min-max you can 3 turn (or thereabouts), but suffer at very easy maps (you'd rather just spam click your face cards while doing minimum buffing---he's still decent since it only takes 1 click for his Atk up, but the fact his face cards suck matters) and harder maps (where Waver doesn't quite add enough damage due to bad face cards + an NP that doesn't do notable damage---yeah it has poison, but Nero's also has burn).

Edit: For reference, it takes about 5-6 turns for me to do the all caster node (the one with the demon and Nursery Rhyme) with 2 20% extra enemy CEs. Waver can possibly lower it by one turn, but I don't see him doing more than that---a 7 turn clear is already the maximum amount of turns I can take since Drake has 2 uses of Pioneer. He also makes it a tad less consistent when it comes to face cards since his cards suck ass, whereas Nero at least builds NP (for either the 2nd wave demon or 3rd wave Nursery Rhyme) or drops some stars.

Double Edit: The team's Drake, Nero Bride, and a support Melt (usually level 80 with level 4 skills---I do have some level 90s with maxed skills occasionally showing up, though), using the Rumble Party mystic code (not at all optimal, but I'm grinding exp for it) & no NP Gauge CEs (everything is either + Sakura Chip or extra enemy), incidentally.

Edited by DehNutCase

Laptop decided to break again, and now I'm certain I have a failing HDD. I'm going to keep bailing water out of this sinking ship in the meantime while I wait for a replacement (and upgrade to an SSD). Hard part will be reverse-engineering the laptop as I don't think the one I own was meant to be taken apart...
- - - - - - - - - -
In other news, I managed to finish the story! Even though I knew nothing about CCC, I thoroughly enjoyed it. Even though I followed a farming guide, I decided to go ahead and beat up Kiara since I didn't want to be farming "X" mobs forever. First attempt failed since I misused my Mystic Code, while the 2nd attempt had my Jalter barely gain a victory. Kiara wanted to get impaled, so Jalter complied with tons of spiky spikes. (My backline was still set for farming, so I had an Arash and a Hans back there with farming CEs.)  MVP goes to MrSmokestack's Merlin who kept the team alive long enough and helped Jalter do her infamous Buster Crit combos.

As for detailed story thoughts, they are in the spoiler below. For general thoughts though, I loved BB's character and ended up loving Melt and Passionlip as well. So, I decided to use some spare tickets and Melt ended up showing up at my Chaldea. No idea how great Melt actually is in combat (seeing all these Quick Servants makes me want a Caster Scathach when she becomes available), but I'm happy she's present. At the very least it'll help me with getting item shop mats as I'm basically clearing out the shop aside from the Monuments. I need Prisms for the Mona Lisa CEs that I missed...

Overall, pretty happy with the event! I wouldn't mind seeing an anime adaptation of this event like Camelot or Babylonia some time in the future. The only thing that bothered me were dealing with the "monster rateup" Gacha CEs, as if one does not roll, it can be a bit tedious trying to grind out all the mobs needed to complete the quests. I want to say it wasn't that bad in the KnK event, but my memory may be betraying me. I had no issues killing them, it was just trying to kill enough of them.

Spoiler

Detailed Story Thoughts Ahead!

I started catching on that the "Church Counselor" was Kiara, but that may have been to me knowing who the final boss was and making the connection between Vlad's remark and him being at the Church. It was nice to figure that out.

However, a part of me wondered how exactly the whole thing went down. From my understanding, there were like 3 forms of Kiara.
- 1st: Innocent Counselor (Before Possession, FGO Kiara)
- 2nd: Possessed Nun (FGO Kiara With Zepar)
- 3rd: Lewd Nun (FGO Kiara + CCC Kiara // Zepar Discarded) 

I want to say the diaries started with the "innocent FGO" version, but was later written by Zepar as the "Lewd Nun" took control. This was one plot point that was somewhat confusing to me.

The "Time Travel" bit was also pretty cool, especially with the player character dying at least once during the "loops." I want to say the first loop had the original 3 characters tag along (Nero, Tamamo, Emiya) but in the end that Master didn't break the Karmaphages and didn't have enough allies, leading to his/her death when trying to protect Melt. Melt then goes back in time with a revised plan (I believe this is why Heart Keys were used), but is unable to do anything in her deteriorated state. So, she meets up with her "current self," shares memories, and is killed. The "current Melt" carries on the mission from the "past Melt." (Past Melt was the thing the Master noticed at the church, with the "debris.")

Only thing that confused me here is how BB factored into this plan. Did BB and Melt have separate plans but the same goal, or did they work together before and after the time leap? I want to say they worked separately, but I have no idea.

As an aside, I silently cheered Edgemiya when he disposed of the remaining two staff (Arnold, Mable). I'm probably a horrible person for doing so, but I didn't care for either of them at all. I guess Emiya Alter takes a lot after Kerry, becoming a hero to save the world at any cost, no matter what method is used or if one is utterly despised for it. I haven't done any of EoR yet (and I think he shows up in the first one), but right now he's all right in my book as a character.

6 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

Not to mention the bosses. The Wanted: X Quests are straightforward but both Alter Egos and Suzuka Gozen have gimmicks that can make them pretty challenging.

Small reminder that Suzuka has Riding and is a Divine servants. Nobunobu. As does Melt, but it's much more significant when dealing with Suzuka.

I discovered something funny last week. Passionlip has Presence Concealment A+. Excuse me, what the fuck.

1 hour ago, redlight said:

I discovered something funny last week. Passionlip has Presence Concealment A+. Excuse me, what the fuck.

It's because originally she was a shy coward who is apparently a good stalker.  Her claws get in the way because they keep banging and scraping on things, and Masochistic Constitution makes her more noticeable in general, so her Presence Concealment isn't very useful most of the time.

Of course, FGO has Lip from after her character development in CCC, so we don't see her stalker tendencies (or much of her shyness in general).

21 hours ago, Silverly said:

@Rosalina Welcome back! At least your new device doesn’t crash constantly thanks to the damn event, unlike a certain someone’s...

For anyone who has open space on their friend list, I currently have a good number of inactives that I can cut, so if you’re willing to send a request it’ll be greatly appreciated! My ID is 897,617,159. 

I sent you a request. 

18 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

Lies, you're capped.

For this event it is required to clear the first story arc. I don't think you're that far into Part 1 judging on your support list and CCC is pretty difficult without properly leveled Servants. Either way I don't think you would have come far.

At least you don't have to worry about story progress for most of the future events this year. May is pretty empty for the most part though I suggest you get your roster leveled till June because you probably want to clear Onigashima for a certain golden boi.

-------

Cleared all the missions, done with the shop (no need for Scales, Shells and Prisms) now it's time to go back farming Dust and Proofs. I will farm EXP next week (if we get it, that is).

Reveal hidden contents

This event is essentially a EoR chapter, just disguised as a event. I liked it more than Shinjuku because all of the references to CCC and it captivates the ... unique flair of that game (you know what I mean). I still wouldn't put it over Camelot or Babylonia but it's a solid 3rd place for me.

Difficulty-wise it's pretty hard. Even the normal nodes have enemies that have so much health behind them and it can become a slog if you want to run a full bonus setup (which is obviously not optimized). Thankfully if you have a decent Meltryllis/Passionlip (either your own or Support) this becomes less on an issue as every mob bar the bots are weak against her.
Not to mention the bosses. The Wanted: X Quests are straightforward but both Alter Egos and Suzuka Gozen have gimmicks that can make them pretty challenging. Obviously Kiara offers the greatest challenge between her two forms, especially the whip ver. without using any of the KP items can cost you the victory with the smallest of mistakes.
That being said the BB fights were easy in comparison. You just face some Shadow Servants and both BBs are pushovers. Kinda disappointing for being the "mastermind" of this event.

Small PSA: If you need feathers this event does offer a fairly decent droprate for them in either Weakness Ear or Spinal Coaster. Considering we get the Prisma re-run in 2 years at earliest you might consider farming those for the last 10 days.

I am in England regarding Story, so not far at all. 

For now I am grinding mana prisms to get all the rewards before I will continue the story.

At least a good thing of not doing the event is, is having time to focus on other things in this game. 

Still a little bummer since I really enjoyed all the done e ents so far. 

20 hours ago, redlight said:

At least you have another chance in about 1.5 years time. We're also getting summer Ishter, Elimech and Saltera as welfares this year. All of them good SRs. Not top-tier, but definitely good. So you're still getting good welfares at least.

That free stuff sounds great. 

Summer Ishtar becomes really true even if it is not the game I exactly thought about. 

My thoughts on the upcoming strengthening quests and interlude of some servants. I won't talk about the things Magus of Memery already mentioned.

Spoiler

Jeanne gets rid of that pesky stun on her NP.

Astolfo with his strengthening quest this month and NP interlude in July becomes an incredibly good farming servant.

Serenity NP upgrade might not be that impressive at first (more damage is always good despite what people might say), but her upcoming skill interlude later this year allows her to rack up decent chunks of damage as well as stars included in that meal. Nothing that broken, but there are Tamamo strats you could do for CQs since DoT debuffs bypass defensive skills. Philosopher Stone GR when?

MHXA receives an immediate buff. Feels like yesterday when she was released.

Babbage's skill is pretty good... Until you remember his attack stat and caster damage modifier. 

Jing Ke needs to at least get 2 skill upgrades. But the NP upgrade is always appreciated.

Something that'll affect me significantly is Enkidu's PD upgrade. Adds more durability. And a short CD for an evasion at that.

Spartacus is better at farming, I think. More damage on his NP good, right?

The beginning of the Hydrated Male Stripper God Chronicles is coming out this summer. Wait until 2021 to see a conclusion to the epic saga.

Edited by redlight

On 5/5/2019 at 6:14 PM, Magus of Memery said:

Euryale A -> S
@MrSmokestack you happy now?

Yes.

Finished CCC missions almost 5 days ago and Case Files missions yesterday. I have basically nothing to do besides farm hands.

I’d work on my tier list to fill in the time, but LB4 should be soon. I’ll wait until then.

Haaa haaaa haaaa. Heavy panting noises. OMFG OMfG omgfg mafhkjdsf.

Spoiler

I cracked and wanted to spend all my tickets quartz bcs I cut summer Martha, Tomoe, Salieri and Izou out of my plan. I had around 29. Spent 2. First one got me my third IA or whatever it's called. You know, the 60% NP charge. AND MY SeConD ONE OMGFG. MELT cAME HOMe Nirvana is achieved. I feel livid. I feel the breath of live overwhelming my body. I feel awesome.

I spent a few weeks ago 90 quarts with 160 left. Melt was my goal and I got Lip and Suzuka (both are still one of my happiest pulls) instead. Needed to save after that. And now to come back and get her. I'm the happiest man alive. Oh yeah baby

I wish the gacha gods bless all of you. I hope you get SSRs on your next 10 10-pulls and and tickets. I want to thank all of you who have helped me reached this point in the game.

I need to breathe a bit

Edited by redlight

5 minutes ago, redlight said:

@JSND Alter Dragon BonerI would recommend speeding up and/or cutting out parts of the video. Makes loading it on Youtube even faster

I'm too lazy to spend too much time facing Big Nungus

You loading or me uploading it? My upload speed for these is actually really freaking fast nowadays

i mostly recorded this for self satsfaction, unless i found a way to make it entertaining lol so i didn't have issue with my current recordings except for the sound quality

About 8 days for the CCC event to end. According to the calendar, in Japan the next events after CCC were the 9 million download Ishtar banner and hunting quests. Did anything else special happened with that?

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

About 8 days for the CCC event to end. According to the calendar, in Japan the next events after CCC were the 9 million download Ishtar banner and hunting quests. Did anything else special happened with that?

Next batch of 7 strengthening quests, and there were some Interludes released IIRC (I remember Jeanne and Vlad getting Interludes, not sure about anyone else).  JP also got 2x Great/Super success rates, 2x FP during the event, and 2x Master mission rewards during the event, and the login bonus material was changed from Void Dust to Chains.

Other than the login bonus change, the other extras depend on how generous our JP overlords are feeling.  I think we'll probably get something similar (modified for whatever excuse milestone they use for the event), but I prefer to err on the side of cynicism for the most part, and assume the extras aren't guaranteed.  Actually, I think the banner isn't guaranteed either, but Ishtar's probably a big enough money maker that they're unlikely to skip one of her banners (most banners aren't skipped anyways, this is just me being cynical).

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

7 hours ago, redlight said:

@Water Mage @YotsuMaboroshi Here's the list of upcoming NA interludes/strengthenings as well as their suspected release dates: https://grandorder.gamepress.gg/all-interludes-and-rank-quest-release-dates

Still a while before that Amakusa skill upgrade. Shame because a Buster buff seems really good for him.

Speaking of Rulers, Sherlock is coming soon, so how is he in gameplay? Rulers are interesting because I personally think that there isn’t a “best” Ruler, they all seem to have different roles, so I’m interested in what Sherlock’s role is.

30 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Still a while before that Amakusa skill upgrade. Shame because a Buster buff seems really good for him.

Speaking of Rulers, Sherlock is coming soon, so how is he in gameplay? Rulers are interesting because I personally think that there isn’t a “best” Ruler, they all seem to have different roles, so I’m interested in what Sherlock’s role is.

You got that part right. Rulers are mostly very different from one another, but the same really applies to all extra classes if I'm not mistaken. However, in recent times they've started adding crit related stuff to them. Maybe that's their new trait?

With his base damage multiplier, his attack is deceptively high and has the defensive bulk of a Ruler. But that all really comes at the slight cost of mostly dealing neutral damage and Quick/Arts deck. His skills are good, but not that broken. Has a NP seal that gives loads of stars and there's some defensive utility attached to it. Star absorption for 1 turn, which is selfless in teams (but not that much with other low anchors) and has a debuff immunity attached to it. Has a Arts MB with a Evasion attached to it (it's a 5CD evasion so that's pretty awesome). His NP turns all of his enemies basically into glass and your team into wrecking balls. You could probably NP loop with the guy for a second NP if you have someone like Waver to set you up at the beginning (also, Paracelsus+PS strats next year) for debuff and crit buff stacking. Has some issues with longer fights. I'd rate him an 8 out of 10. Maybe add a decimal or something to it.

Regarding the best Ruler, Qin Shi Huang is another powercreep in JP though that's heavily debated. He's either top-tier or broken is what you can gather from arguments. You can read about him here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/180151-fate-grand-order/77272143

Edited by redlight

@Water Mage Sherlock is a semi-support you bring in with Kaleidoscope when you need to burst through defensive buffs and your main DPS has no way of doing so.

Sherlock’s main boons are teamwide invuln pierce and defense ignore on NP. However there are plenty of NPs that can do either or both already. If you need someone that just boosts damage there are generally better options.

35 minutes ago, redlight said:

Regarding the best Ruler, Qin Shi Huang is another powercreep in JP though that's heavily debated. He's either top-tier or broken is what you can gather from arguments.

Amakusa is currently the best Ruler. Not sure how Astraea compares, but AOE is still dominant.

Qin Shi Huang is an interesting pointman for stall teams, especially double Merlin teams. Outside of those he isn’t worth using.

I own and use all three of Sherlock, QSH, and Amakusa. Despite getting the latter only recently I’ve found him far more useful than the other two.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 hour ago, redlight said:

Regarding the best Ruler, Qin Shi Huang is another powercreep in JP though that's heavily debated. He's either top-tier or broken is what you can gather from arguments. You can read about him here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/180151-fate-grand-order/77272143

38 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Water Mage Sherlock is a semi-support you bring in with Kaleidoscope when you need to burst through defensive buffs and your main DPS has no way of doing so.

Sherlock’s main boons are teamwide invuln pierce and defense ignore on NP. However there are plenty of NPs that can do either or both already. If you need someone that just boosts damage there are generally better options.

Amakusa is currently the best Ruler. Not sure how Astraea compares, but AOE is still dominant.

Qin Shi Huang is an interesting pointman for stall teams, especially double Merlin teams. Outside of those he isn’t worth using.

I own and use all three of Sherlock, QSH, and Amakusa. Despite getting the latter only recently I’ve found him far more useful than the other two.

I agree with Amakusa being the most useful. AOE buff removal is really good and I mean really good.

Qin looks like an excellent tank, but wouldn’t a boss with buff removal(such as Amakusa) pretty much destroy him?

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

I agree with Amakusa being the most useful. AOE buff removal is really good and I mean really good.

Qin looks like an excellent tank, but wouldn’t a boss with buff removal(such as Amakusa) pretty much destroy him?

You wouldn't bring QSH to a boss fight with him anyways. Most likely an Avenger or one from your friends list that you build support around bcs class advantage. I'm not sure how rare buff removal is, but it's certainly not that big of a deal for QSH would shit his pants over instantly, especially if it's usually tied to an NP that QSH could stall a bit with his AoE Curse skill. Even then, you plan around the opponent's NP. Worst case scenario you use a somewhat unreliable stun that's really meant to be used against multiple enemies at once. Judging from his package, he seems to get the most use out of his skills against multiple enemies, but is more stall oriented.

Edited by redlight

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

Qin is in much less danger in most fights compared to his supports. If the enemy is an AOE with high NP turnover, the support Merlins go down fast. ST NPs however are of no consequence.

Qin himself however is a ridiculously durable anchor servant. He has very good NP gain between his cards and battery, and he buys himself plenty of free turns from his drains, stuns, and invulns. And on top of that he takes half damage from all the main classes. If you can’t lose, you’ll eventually win.

He’s a more modern Ruler Jeanne. Both make teams stable, but instead of 99+ turns you’ll probably take 30.

Amakusa is better since he’s a superior point servant for blitz teams—if you have to use a Ruler for some reason. In JP stalling is far less effective than being aggressive. Amakusa and Sherlock to a lesser extent work well in this playstyle.

59 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Amakusa is better since he’s a superior point servant for blitz teams—if you have to use a Ruler for some reason. In JP stalling is far less effective than being aggressive. Amakusa and Sherlock to a lesser extent work well in this playstyle.

This is something I keep hearing about, that stalling is because less and less useful in the JP server. Was something new introduced to counter it or is just is just bosses being built to discourage it?  

19 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

This is something I keep hearing about, that stalling is because less and less useful in the JP server. Was something new introduced to counter it or is just is just bosses being built to discourage it?  

Shit started to have annoying enough gimmick that your better off rushing them down before shit hits the fan. While this isn't neccesarily true for the very last "hard" CQ(which is the Alter Ego one) Amakusa is still superb there due to most of said CQ gimmick coming off of on death removable buff

3 hours ago, Water Mage said:

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Shit started to have annoying enough gimmick that your better off rushing them down before shit hits the fan.

There is also the thing that stalling is regarded as inefficient. Why bother take 99+ turns to finish a quest if you can do it with 3?
It's one of the reason why Quick is the "new meta" over in JP because Quick teams can produce an insane damage output due to Skadi enabling both NP loops and consistent Crits.

Though this should not be taken as "stalling isn't viable" by any means.

One thing that needs to be said about Holmes: In the enviroments he can be enabled there is noone who does his job better. Giving the entire team a 50%-100% Crit Dmg buff with a 30%-60% Def debuff is already good but making all enemies essentially naked is plain silly. He doesn't need help to enable all of this by himself and being untouchable against common gimmicks makes him pretty reliable, too.

As good as he is that's also his biggest problem; being overspecialized. Once you step out of his comfort range he falls off a lot. Against enemies without heavy defensive gimmicks it's better to just rely on conventional Support as half of Holmes' kit becomes redundant and others can provide other benefits.
That applies to about 90% of FGO's content, making Holmes simply not a good choice outside of CQs and not even all of those tend to stack heaps of defensive buffs to make him worth it.