Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Finished the event. Now farming embers. I've got a ton servants that need to be leveled up

Edited by redlight

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m getting burned out with this event. At this point all I need are the saber and archer pieces, as well as the attack Fous and I’m done. Once that’s done I’m never touching it again. I think the crashing every time I try to enter the shop after a match or occasionally after trying to play several matches in a row really got to me, and my phone is no toaster either. Good riddance to those maps.

I’m pretty hyped for the download campaign though, I’m really in QP purgatory. I really want Ishtar even though there’s a high chance the only gold I’ll get is a damn Stheno, unless the pre-CCC rate up was any indication.

Finished the event for a while now. The downloads and Ishtar event is likely next and I wish they gave the free 4* star ticket now instead of September. I know it means missing Agartha Servants, but I’m just an impatient man. 

Joking aside, with the USA tour going on, maybe they’re gonna do something special.

Edited by Water Mage

Just got around to finishing all the missions yesterday. I still need to work more on the shop, especially to get the Crystallized Lore, but am otherwise finished with the event.

I ended up tossing BB a grail since she's a unique welfare and I like her character. Still unsure if I'll give her another one to make her level 90 since I want to stock on on Grails, but we'll see what happens.

In other news, I am in dire need of QP since I have none. A part of me wishes I've been logging in to do my daily 3 runs (Embers, Class Mats, QP), but I haven't. Oh well...

1 hour ago, Sire said:

In other news, I am in dire need of QP since I have none. A part of me wishes I've been logging in to do my daily 3 runs (Embers, Class Mats, QP), but I haven't. Oh well...

There’s possibly the downloads+Ishtar event next and if it is the same as in the JP server I believe there’s a QP gift.

Personally I'm just spamming the Demon node in the event. It gives pretty good QP (like 75% of the 40 AP QP node), and you can never have enough hearts.

I don't really need Embers for the moment since the next person I'm rolling for is Summer Nero, and that's a few re-runs away. (Where I'll probably pick up a bunch of gold embers.)

Just doing Feather + QP farming until the event ends. afaik we don't get that many opportunities to farm those efficiently (screw farming on Okeanos) and the added amount of QP makes it more than worth it to spend all the natural AP on it.

Besides if we get the X Downloads campaign we're getting half AP dailies + 2x success rate anyway so I will wait for that before I farm embers for my backlog (Karna, Suzuka, BB, Chacha, maybe I start raising my SRs).
Though I might wait with that because JP got Hunting Quests alongside the campaign and the first 2 days are very interesting for me between Bones and Horseshoes. Arguably the 3rd one, too (which drops Hearts and Fangs). I still got 20 Silver and 71 Golden apples left so I should be able to stock up decently on those, depending on how many runs I can shove in each day.

Question is when we will get this. Event will end on the 15th but FGO NA has a panel on the 18th. They might delay releasing it till then.

EDIT:

Serenes FGO - Friend Code IDs

Spoiler

[UPDATE LOG - 12.05.2019]
-- World Faith Domination continues.
-- Moved Rosalina (Necrofantasia) to Active Members
-- Moved Silverly to Active Members
-- Moved SecondWorld (David -> Ashlyn) to Inactive Members

Forum Posters (NA)
MrSmokestack - 062,476,598 (MrSmokestack)
Magus of Memery  - 863,169,679 (Ren) Note: Please notify Magus of Memery if adding as a friend in FGO.
Sire - 815 519 689 (Sire)
JSND Alter Dragon Boner - 283,900,798 (JSND)
Jingle Jangle - 812,852,640 (Jingles)
Glaceon Mage -  171,099,109 (Glaceon Mage) Note: Please notify Glaceon Mage if adding as a friend in FGO.
LuxSpes -  292,726,441 (Lux)
Alexmender - 423,824,954 (Alexmender)

Active Members (NA)
Ebony - 233,925,133 (Dan Kuroto)
TheGeek - 722,418,335 (Geek)
MediocreLee - 015,794,040 (MediocreLee)
Rothene - 750,157,837 (Rothene)
Symphonica - 239,898,941 (Symphonia)
N30 - 086,951,059 (Arcadia)
Sharpy - 356,589,556 (Sharpy)
Azure Sen - 327,166,643 (Sen)
Scoot - 999,540,146 (Nat)
Troykv - 370,389,828 (Micky) Note: Please notify Troykv if adding as a friend in FGO.
Jedi - 854,778,144 (Jedi)
redlight -
247,397,387 (redlight)
Water Mage - 920,367,760 (Luiz)
Silverly - 897,617,159 (Kris)
Rosalina - 025,447,171 (Jules) Note: Please notify Necrofantasia if adding as a friend in FGO.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Friends List Capped (NA)
Lord-Zero - 285,321,342 (Lord-Zero)
Emeraldfox - 674,653,620  (Emeraldfox)
Zak Something - 883,068,826 (Zak)
Polydeuces - 302,111,199 (Poly)
Sekki - 082,416,051 (Sekki)
QKumber - 314,369,629 (QK)
YotsuMaboroshi - 507,153,523 (Zeth)
Tolvir - 636,017,397 (Tolvir)

Inactive Members (NA)
Time the Crestfallen - 961, 944, 081 (Time)
eclipse - 917,798,708 (eclipse)
SecondWorld - 403,067,254 (Ashlyn)

JP IDs
Glaceon Mage -  278,184,018 // Note: Please notify Glaceon Mage if adding as a friend in FGO.
N30 -  555,282,304
Time the Crestfallen - 665,153,364

Edited by Magus of Memery

I have Karna, Jack, Jeanne, Nero Bride, Gilgamesh and Ekindu to level and I simply do not have resources right now, especially when it comes to skills. 

Is it true that Nerofest is good for farming Gems? I might wait until it to level skills.

31 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Is it true that Nerofest is good for farming Gems? I might wait until it to level skills.

First off, definitely get Gil leveled first, skills and all. But you probably knew that already.

Second, Nero Fest and Christmas events are both good for farming skill gems, among other things. You’ll also get EXP, MP, QP, and FP from farming them. It’s strongly recommended to save all your apples for these events, then burn them all in one go.

You’ll get 2 normal and Magic gems plus one Secret gem for each class per box.

Overall, this level of farming efficiency is unheard of anywhere else in the game.

Edited by MrSmokestack

You are also guaranteed to get carpal tunnel syndrome, paranoia about your AP and question all your life what you did during that particular Christmas.
*flashbacks of Christmas 2018*

I will say though this year's Christmas event has a pretty awful lotto. It has only 1 Bronze mat and it's a rarely used one while the Silver mats have reasonable drop rates from regular nodes.

If you want to commit to a lottery with Gems Nero Fest is likely your best bet. Looking at your Servants you are guaranteed to profit because 2 of your SSR Servants require hundreds of Proofs. Enkidu monopolizes Chains and Knight Medals are aggravating to farm compared to most other Silver mats. Pages are a commonly used mat, too, and it's always good to have a supply of it once you get a Support Caster.

Finally cleared out the damn shop. Going to farm QP and embers from now on, especially the former since 35 million QP is not exactly an ideal place to be.

I just need to max out Bride Nero since she’s already fully ascended, but the final 10 levels are a nightmare for SSRs so obviously I’ll wait until we get the super success rate up. I got an assortment of SRs I’m trying to raise up being Carmilla, Nero, Martha, Astolfo, Liz, Nobu, BB, and (I guess) Chacha.

13 minutes ago, redlight said:

Do people run out of QP that often? I currently have 113 mil. Am I in any danger?

Are you not leveling any of your Servants' skills?  Or do you not have any high rarity Servants?  That's the main reason people run out of QP.

11 minutes ago, redlight said:

Do people run out of QP that often? I currently have 113 mil. Am I in any danger?

For later standards? yes

Basically once you started raising SSR/SR you'd start losing QP fast, and even R's adds up

It took 160 Mil QP to max 3 SSR skills for example.

Yeah, the first month or so QP comes off as negligible because of the slow start and lack of resources, and naturally you’ll be accumulating a lot. Even after the initial  hurdle it’s not that egregious because ascending doesn’t really take a toll on it. However, once you fully ascend your servants and get a fair number of SSRs, you’ll turn you attention to the skills and oh mama, they can be expensive. Maxing our Merlin’s final skill pretty much cut my QP from 120 mil-ish to 50 mil.

Everyone knows Mat Hell, but QP Hell can be just as frustrating. At least the latter is easier to deal with considering we have a whole node for it, not to mention we got Mona Lisa (which can stack with a friend’s plus your own) so you can earn back what you lost at a steady pace. 

One of the reasons I’m not leveling my 5 stars is because it’s my first time on QP hell. Not fun, but not as bad as Mat hell at least.

Changing the subject, I wonder what the NA server will do differently from the JP server next. I heard there was an extra Raikou banner and extra free 4 star, is that true? 

Sometimes I actually wish the NA server would shake things up and do crazy different things, like say released Eresh now and leave the Ishtar rerun for Christmas. I know it’s impossible because of story reasons, but the fandom’s reaction would be hilarious.

Edited by Water Mage

37 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Changing the subject, I wonder what the NA server will do differently from the JP server next. I heard there was an extra Raikou banner and extra free 4 star, is that true? 

Sometimes I actually wish the NA server would shake things up and do crazy different things, like say released Eresh now and leave the Ishtar rerun for Christmas. I know it’s impossible because of story reasons, but the fandom’s reaction would be hilarious.

That would be Onigashima rerun you’re referring you, which will probably take place around early June. The freebie is actually Kintoki rider, who’s one of the best free servants in the game and SR riders for that matter. It’s probably the next biggest event we’re anticipating.

As the latter, I’d rather that didn’t happen mostly because I believe it’s better to stick to the status quo since then I properly save and stockpile for rate ups I’m expecting. There have been rare exceptions to the rule, most infamously the Thanksgiving banners who take extra servants planned for New Years and moved them there for whatever reason (less saturation, I guess???). 

5 minutes ago, Silverly said:

That would be Onigashima rerun you’re referring you, which will probably take place around early June. The freebie is actually Kintoki rider, who’s one of the best free servants in the game and SR riders for that matter. It’s probably the next biggest event we’re anticipating.

I didn’t mean Rider Kintoki, I meant an extra free 4 star ticket like the one we will likely get in September. I know the JP server also had free 4* star tickets but I’ve heard that they gave an extra 4 star ticket in NA that the JP server didn’t had, though the selection was more limited. 

4 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I didn’t mean Rider Kintoki, I meant an extra free 4 star ticket like the one we will likely get in September. I know the JP server also had free 4* star tickets but I’ve heard that they gave an extra 4 star ticket in NA that the JP server didn’t had, though the selection was more limited. 

yeah NA ran the "free starter SR" twice. JP had free sr event 1 less as a result, but as of now JP have 2 SR free choice while NA havent got into the expected timeline for those

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

The extra Raikou and Shuten rate-up was Thanksgiving last year, which was otherwise just a moved New Year banner minus Kintoki.

23 minutes ago, Silverly said:

There have been rare exceptions to the rule, most infamously the Thanksgiving banners who take extra servants planned for New Years and moved them there for whatever reason (less saturation, I guess???). 

NA gets Thanksgiving stuff as a token effort to do special events for US holidays.  Presumably, they just move part of the New Year's banner because New Year's Day is less important to the US than it is to Japan, and to avoid actually giving NA more overall stuff than JP got.