Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

On 16.5.2019 at 12:10 AM, Silverly said:

Still feels weird to exclude a single servant  for that but it’s not my list. :P

He is not going to be alone for long, Columbus will join him soon enough. I won't include Salieri, Izou and Red Hare either.

Though I guess if someone is interested:
- Gilles: D
- Columbus: B
- Salieri: A/EX (probably A though)
- Izou: A
- Red Hare: B
This is probably how I would place them on the list if they were fully accessible to F2P.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The current class banners in JP (and to some extent third anniversary paid gacha if you pull Extra) makes Salieri basically the easiest story locked 3* in the game to NP5 fwiw.

That 40% drop rate.  Salieris for everyone!

2 hours ago, Magus of Memery said:

He is not going to be alone for long, Columbus will join him soon enough. I won't include Salieri, Izou and Red Hare either.

Though I guess if someone is interested:
- Gilles: D
- Columbus: B
- Salieri: A/EX (probably A though)
- Izou: A
- Red Hare: B
This is probably how I would place them on the list if they were fully accessible to F2P.

Salieri is solid but DEFINITELY not EX. Most Avenger showtime is ST which hurts him, and his lack of consistency is definitely a real thing, The rest is spot on where i would rate them though i feel

46 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Salieri is solid but DEFINITELY not EX. 

I’m honestly not even sure if he is that good at all. It’s basically grail him or bust.

Good luck getting him to crit outside of utterly flooding the board with stars.

Then again, silver and below options for AOE are a bit limited. Him being passable is his saving grace if we consider them his only competition. But really, I do think this guy gets overhyped at times.

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I’m honestly not even sure if he is that good at all. It’s basically grail him or bust.

Good luck getting him to crit outside of utterly flooding the board with stars.

Then again, silver and below options for AOE are a bit limited. Him being passable is his saving grace if we consider them his only competition. But really, I do think this guy gets overhyped at times.

i dont think hes that great either, but theres some times where i get ok with him in JP so lol. Definitely below the ussual guys(Robin, post buff BTK, Cu, Ushi, Bedi) for sure though

Used 3 more Tickets, and got myself Gorgon. As a Medusa fan, this is pretty nice. Still no Ishtar though.

I'm wondering if I'll have time to blitz though EoR 1 for the Quartz. At the moment I am currently heavily invested in that "Another Eden" title...

The Demon hunting quest is surprisingly decent despite the fact that it only has 2 waves of mooks. (So less exp cards and whatnot.) The triple demon wave really carry it---I still haven't seen the legendary triple heart drop yet, although I did get a double heart run once.

Best Hunting Quest ever.

I got at least 9 hearts from this. And plenty of fangs for finishing up MHXA.

I’m saving gold apples for lotto in a few months, but that was the best 6 silver and bronze apples I ever spent.

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner Yeah, my biggest issues with him is his subpar durability and a certain reliance on passive star gen to fully take advantage of his offensive capabilities. They can be circumvented but it requires specific partners and that limits potential team compositions with him.

On 17.5.2019 at 6:28 AM, DehNutCase said:

Seeing level 100s with imperfect skills is always kind of weird. (I mean, I'll still use that 2/6/6 Raikou, it's just odd.)

I find it even weirder if people have 10/10/10 NP2+ Servants but don't do their Interludes or Rank-Up Quests.

--------

*crawls out of hell*
~130 Bones, ~100 Horseshoes and ~20 Hearts for 20 Silver and 35 Golden Apples was a good haul overall (can't say how many Fangs I got, my storage says 100+ now). Though I should have spent more apples on the Bone node since I'm stuck on Drake's 2nd Ascension (22 bones, ugh). Bone hell never ends.
Not going to farm the rest of the Hunting Quest, the drops don't interest me at all.

The extra gold EXP was very welcome for my stragglers (Karna, Suzuka, BB) and the rest of my F2P roster. I had enough to start leveling up my gacha SRs, with Atalante, Martha, Carmilla and Cas Gil being at max. level now. 160M QP isn't looking that great but it's the Lores that limit me.
With the current prospect I'll probably continue to raise my 2nd Archive since I don't have anything worthwhile left to raise with the EXP from coming events and montly shop. But first I will focus on feeding Leonidas to 90.

Speaking of which: It's time to bully Bananas again. 22.05 will mark the start of Rashomon re-run. Onigashima was also announced but no ETA yet (probably on the 31th or the week after). Probably means we will get Agatha mid-June so they have everything ready for the Anniversary.
We also get 10 free SQ from the panel and another 10 from the 700 days Anniversary arriving on the 25th. Good stuff.

EDIT:

@Tolvir Just a heads-up, I think your Support row is messed up. You have a bunch of slots without CEs.

Edited by Magus of Memery

There quests are rather nice! A shame they don`t really offer great drops of the 2 mats I really need (plumes and fangs) so I am just cruising on regular AP

CCC was fun! Pretty good story and almost as big asa singularity arc apparently. The worst part was the very slow clear nodes (using full spawn + coin CEs) for an avg 9~11 clear EAR node for me.

Oh and now I have 1 or 2 friend slots open, so if anyone wants a regular player just send me an invite and tell me here o/

Rerun marathon incoming, fast your seatbelts boys

A bit of a random subject but did Fire Emblem ever messed up your minds while playing this game? As in, sending a bunch of Lancers to a Saber node out of habit.(which I recently did)

This game also made realize how FE fandom is kinda naive when it comes to fanservice. 

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

A bit of a random subject but did Fire Emblem ever messed up your minds while playing this game? As in, sending a bunch of Lancers to a Saber node out of habit.(which I recently did)

Nope. I bring Assassins into Caster nodes instead

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

This game also made realize how FE fandom is kinda naive when it comes to fanservice. 

How so?

23 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Nope. I bring Assassins into Caster nodes instead

How so?

In FEH any sign of fanservice already sends the people into panic or things like Bridal Sanaki makes them all worried, but after playing Fate/GO and seeing examples like Raikou, Abigail, Jack and Passionlip all the fanservice paranoia in the FE fandom seems small. FEH is actually incredibly tame with fanservice. In mean Camilla and Tharja would be considered tame and conservative in Fate/GO. Imagine the reaction of the people here in Serenes to the examples I said before, Raikou, Abigail, Jack and Passionlip.

Edited by Water Mage

16 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

In FEH any sign of fanservice already sends the people into panic or things like Bridal Sanaki makes them all worried, but after playing Fate/GO and seeing examples like Raikou, Abigail, Jack and Passionlip all the fanservice paranoia in the FE fandom seems small. FEH is actually incredibly tame with fanservice. In mean Camilla and Tharja would be considered tame and conservative in Fate/GO. Imagine the reaction of the people here in Serenes to the examples I said before, Raikou, Abigail, Jack and Passionlip.

FE is more fanservicey in recent years. It's out of place for the entire franchise and it's not something pre-Awakening is rather known for. Meanwhile, the Fate franchise started out as a dating sim with h-scenes (oh wait, Tsukihime as well). But Jack and Abigail aren't something we should normalize (we all agree to use only their first skin)

Edited by redlight

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

I think only once or twice, but probably way back when I first started playing this game.

As for the latter comment, I think that’s because Fire Emblem and Fate are way different in terms of how they're compromised as fanbases. You got a side of the spectrum who simply wants a solid strategy rpg with potentially a solid storyline to boot (they’re the kind of people who probably complain about the recent games being too “anime”), and they get put off by revealing outfits/romantic options. Naturally there’s going to be some grumbling and disagreements; the FE fanbase isn’t labeled argumentative/toxic for nothing.

Meanwhile considering Fate is already known as mostly a series of anime, and before that starting as... errrr, a hentai visual novel, naturally that’s going to make some people disinterested right off the bat. I think those who are involved in Fate (and honestly anime in general) kinda know what to expect and less likely to bitch about those sorts of things. I know of some occasional quibbles concerning things like Boudicca/Jack/Raikou/anything to do with Kaleid Prisma Illya, but even then it’s at worst a vocal minority instead of a 50/50. So yeah, just the overall cultures tend to differs. Some people threw a fit over the female Byleth for having a noticeable bust and shorts (who actually has a great design imo but that’s a rant for another time and place), yet if if the same design was introduced through Fate, it’s Monday. Some people complain about Devdan of all people (I don’t get it either..), whereas Fate had the Emiya Alter fiasco. What a world we live in.

Edited by Silverly

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Dude you have no idea how right you are with this statement.

1 minute ago, Silverly said:

Some people threw a fit over the female Byleth for having a noticeable bust and shorts

I don't know about others (and I don't really want to generalize the fandom too much), but when I compare male and female I question whether the female one is a teacher and the same character. It's not that bad as some make it out to be, just comparing it to the more professor like clothing it stands out.

5 minutes ago, redlight said:

I don't know about others (and I don't really want to generalize the fandom too much), but when I compare male and female I question whether the female one is a teacher and the same character. It's not that bad as some make it out to be, just comparing it to the more professor like clothing it stands out.

Again, I don’t want to go terribly off-topic but I actually find the fact they differ to be a good thing. It gives her a unique, attractive, flare. One of my biggest gripes with Robin was they simply plastered a female face on the same body. But yeah, we’re probably better off talking over this in the 3H forum.

32 minutes ago, redlight said:

FE is more fanservicey in recent years. It's out of place for the entire franchise and it's not something pre-Awakening is rather known for. Meanwhile, the Fate franchise started out as a dating sim with h-scenes (oh wait, Tsukihime as well). But Jack and Abigail aren't something we should normalize (we all agree to use only their first skin)

The pegasus knights were fairly risque such is the power of 90s anime. Honestly its nothing on FGO standard, but FE designs have been fairly fanservicey since day 1 even if Awakening took it on forefront while Fates finally cranked it up

I wasn’t mocking the FE fanbase, just noticing how FGO made numb towards fanservice and when I see people complaining about something like female Byleth’s design I’m like “what’s so bad about it?”. It makes me realize that the fanservice in FE is really tame and how people complaining about it really doesn’t quite grasp how tame it is.

28 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

The pegasus knights were fairly risque such is the power of 90s anime. Honestly its nothing on FGO standard, but FE designs have been fairly fanservicey since day 1 even if Awakening took it on forefront while Fates finally cranked it up

It's just thighs on a character image featured in the guidebook or something and the games never were able to highlight them. It's more "It was never noticeable". Mistake on my part then. I should stop talking about it further as I'd be going off-topic

The main thing with fanservice in Fire Emblem is not really the designs, as they've been around since the start (see any F!Myrmidon or F!Swordmaster). What started the divide was Awakening's shipping elements and avatar worship, which got intensified in Fates. Fire Emblem was originally seen more as an SRPG, but modern FE leans more towards the anime side of things which is the main point of contention.

Regarding F!Byleth, my main complaints are her leggings and her "white neckpiece?." I know nothing of fashion design or the terms, but I find the patterned leggings to be busy and prefer them to be simply plain black leggings. The white also looks out of place with the rest of her outfit. "Fixing" those who issues would remedy F!Byleth's designs for me. Adding clothing/armor to the arms would be optional.
I also don't see her outfit as being that "fanservicy." It just looks weird and off to my eyes, especially when compared to her male counterpart.
- - - - -
Now, I find nothing wrong with fanservice. It's just that there is a time and place for it, and I prefer fanservice that "makes sense" instead of fanservice "just for the sake of fanservice." Okay, so there's a beach or pool? Everyone's in swimsuits. There's the "sexy character type?" Give them a sexy design. There's a hot springs episode? Everyone's naked in steam in towels. If the game revolves around revealing designs (Langrisser), then roll with it. It's just when games that are not known to for their fanservice suddenly get some, this "tonal shift" is typically disconcerting.

Also, there's nothing wrong with large busts. For some reason, I keep seeing people basically saying "big boobs = bad." I have a feeling it's the design that is the main problem, but these character types tend to use the "fanservicy designs." See Camilla from Fates as an example. Her default outfit is a bit of a mess, but when you put her in something else, she looks absolutely stunning. For FGO, we can look at the Lancer Artorias.
Although, then again I'm more of a leg/thigh guy, so the intricacies of such outfits tend to go over my head.

/end soapbox speech

Back to FGO, I got some Hearts from the Hunting quests, but I missed out on the first day or two of the hunting quests. So, I think I missed my Bones farming.

Not sure if I'm looking forward to the event reruns. The rewards are nice and I could definitely use them, but I don't know how hard I'll be playing FGO during that time.