Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

12 minutes ago, Sire said:

Although, then again I'm more of a leg/thigh guy

AvEjZbp.jpg

Meanwhile I had decent luck with the hunting quests, but aside from tossing in some silver apples I didn’t really go ham on them. 

Rashomon is whatever, decent for more mats I guess. Onigashima is the real deal though, especially since I never had Kintoki before and I’m in very dire need of a ST rider (sorry Ushi, I’ll get to you someday). 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, redlight said:

FE is more fanservicey in recent years. It's out of place for the entire franchise and it's not something pre-Awakening is rather known for. Meanwhile, the Fate franchise started out as a dating sim with h-scenes (oh wait, Tsukihime as well). But Jack and Abigail aren't something we should normalize (we all agree to use only their first skin)

TBF, said H scenes were awful and basically nobody takes them seriously (not even the authors themselves), and aside from Rider the original FSN cast is rather conservatively dressed.  It wasn't until Extra and Apocrypha that Fate really started going hard on the fanservice angle.

28 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

TBF, said H scenes were awful and basically nobody takes them seriously (not even the authors themselves), and aside from Rider the original FSN cast is rather conservatively dressed.  It wasn't until Extra and Apocrypha that Fate really started going hard on the fanservice angle.

What do you mean you can't take masterpiece of intercourse description on the level of "educated", "defenseless" and such god tier eupherism like "curved like a mollusk" seriously?

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

On 5/18/2019 at 8:57 PM, Magus of Memery said:

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner Yeah, my biggest issues with him is his subpar durability and a certain reliance on passive star gen to fully take advantage of his offensive capabilities. They can be circumvented but it requires specific partners and that limits potential team compositions with him.

I find it even weirder if people have 10/10/10 NP2+ Servants but don't do their Interludes or Rank-Up Quests.

--------

*crawls out of hell*
~130 Bones, ~100 Horseshoes and ~20 Hearts for 20 Silver and 35 Golden Apples was a good haul overall (can't say how many Fangs I got, my storage says 100+ now). Though I should have spent more apples on the Bone node since I'm stuck on Drake's 2nd Ascension (22 bones, ugh). Bone hell never ends.
Not going to farm the rest of the Hunting Quest, the drops don't interest me at all.

The extra gold EXP was very welcome for my stragglers (Karna, Suzuka, BB) and the rest of my F2P roster. I had enough to start leveling up my gacha SRs, with Atalante, Martha, Carmilla and Cas Gil being at max. level now. 160M QP isn't looking that great but it's the Lores that limit me.
With the current prospect I'll probably continue to raise my 2nd Archive since I don't have anything worthwhile left to raise with the EXP from coming events and montly shop. But first I will focus on feeding Leonidas to 90.

Speaking of which: It's time to bully Bananas again. 22.05 will mark the start of Rashomon re-run. Onigashima was also announced but no ETA yet (probably on the 31th or the week after). Probably means we will get Agatha mid-June so they have everything ready for the Anniversary.
We also get 10 free SQ from the panel and another 10 from the 700 days Anniversary arriving on the 25th. Good stuff.

EDIT:

@Tolvir Just a heads-up, I think your Support row is messed up. You have a bunch of slots without CEs.

Ok, thanks for the heads up. Ill fix it.

So Rashomon re-run is coming next, huh? It'll be fun to bully the Banana instead of being the bullied one this time and the Tickets/Quartz the even offers will go directly to the Eresh savings bank. 

That being said, I still need to choose a team for the event. Ridertoki+Atalanta+Support Waver+Stheno should be pretty good even if Quick is underpowered. Another option could be Carmilla+Liz+Support Memelin+Helena, this one feels busted but a little RNG reliant with getting Carmilla to crit after a double dose of Dick's Hero's Creation.

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

So Rashomon re-run is coming next, huh? It'll be fun to bully the Banana instead of being the bullied one this time and the Tickets/Quartz the even offers will go directly to the Eresh savings bank. 

That being said, I still need to choose a team for the event. Ridertoki+Atalanta+Support Waver+Stheno should be pretty good even if Quick is underpowered. Another option could be Carmilla+Liz+Support Memelin+Helena, this one feels busted but a little RNG reliant with getting Carmilla to crit after a double dose of Dick's Hero's Creation.

Note that critical esque set ups are actually kinda weaker in these kind of event. The enemy is balanced around the damage boosting CE, but critical stacks additively with those. Stuff like Jalter one shotting wasn't so much Merlin crits being broken(100% Crit damage buff is around 20% damage boost) and more because Jalter had gigantic damage and Buster buff stacks multiplicatively

Althought since your a rerunner you should be able to do it much easier with pre run CE

just be ready to log those progression mission this time around

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Note that critical esque set ups are actually kinda weaker in these kind of event. The enemy is balanced around the damage boosting CE, but critical stacks additively with those. Stuff like Jalter one shotting wasn't so much Merlin crits being broken(100% Crit damage buff is around 20% damage boost) and more because Jalter had gigantic damage and Buster buff stacks multiplicatively

Althought since your a rerunner you should be able to do it much easier with pre run CE

just be ready to log those progression mission this time around

As far as I can tell from the formulas, bonus crit damage stacks additively but landing a critical still multiplies the bonus damage by 2. Crits are still great since bonus damage basically acts as a straight up better version of crit damage up. (Since it takes the place of crit damage up for crits while also increasing the damage of regular hits.)

You just focus more on crit stars (like, say, the ones from Golden Carp CE) rather than crit damage buffs, because crit damage buffs don't matter. (Obviously you run 3 Artorias for instinct kappa.) Atk and Card Type up are also great, of course.

Edit: That feeling when you're looking for a high single target damage dealer in a low-skill team (so no crit setups) and the best option is JSND's grailed Lancelot, because everyone else is NP1, lul.

Technically my Artoria was the 'best' option, but she's so close to bond 10 that I'm not going to farm with her.

Double Edit: I take it back, level 90 Scathach still does about the same damage as your NP3 Lancelot---much disappoint man.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

As far as I can tell from the formulas, bonus crit damage stacks additively but landing a critical still multiplies the bonus damage by 2. Crits are still great since bonus damage basically acts as a straight up better version of crit damage up. (Since it takes the place of crit damage up for crits while also increasing the damage of regular hits.)

You just focus more on crit stars (like, say, the ones from Golden Carp CE) rather than crit damage buffs, because crit damage buffs don't matter. (Obviously you run 3 Artorias for instinct kappa.) Atk and Card Type up are also great, of course.

Edit: That feeling when you're looking for a high single target damage dealer in a low-skill team (so no crit setups) and the best option is JSND's grailed Lancelot, because everyone else is NP1, lul.

Technically my Artoria was the 'best' option, but she's so close to bond 10 that I'm not going to farm with her.

Double Edit: I take it back, level 90 Scathach still does about the same damage as your NP3 Lancelot---much disappoint man.

Yeah Crit 2x global mods still works, im not neccesarily saying that crit sucks here and mostly talking about the sort of "disparity" between how powerful optimized crits looks out of this kind of event vs in this kind of event

Like uh.... you need something dumb like Kiara to make Crit outside to make it feels like what they were in Ibaraki and thats with the former having damage down + no class counter.

The relevant pointer here is more that Rama isn't that hot here back then, but Merlin having Buster buff saved him big time

45 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

The relevant pointer here is more that Rama isn't that hot here back then, but Merlin having Buster buff saved him big time

Doesn't Rama's anti-Demonic NP stack multiplicatively with all other sources of damage buffs? Pretty sure the guy explodes Ibaraki into tiny pieces.

5 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Doesn't Rama's anti-Demonic NP stack multiplicatively with all other sources of damage buffs? Pretty sure the guy explodes Ibaraki into tiny pieces.

This is where you'd refer to the actual numbers. Basically, while Rama's NP seems strong in context, his actual buff is just 17% ATK buff Charisma

Pre Multiplier of Raid CE, Sitting at 39968*, he's not much stronger than Okita 43858  and this is at the time of Original Ibaraki run where Rama didn't have Merlin to rely on - only Nightingale. Nitingale's good, but Ibaraki isn't where she shines unless you have hax resource to enable her

Multiplicative is often misleading because people heard the word and go "OH ITS AWESOME" when in reality its all about working the actual numbers and Rama vs Ibaraki is one of those case - Rama is fairly strong if you said he's as strong as an SSR at best if her NP1 at which point you get a valid reasoning to say "why not use SSR

*simplified to 40.000 Rama would do 64000 with Waver to Okita 68000. Consider the former have way worse NP recursion, 2/2/1 hit and Okita's better. Back then Rasho's hard enough to make you want to go like this unless you run the Diarmuid/Cu/Taunt composition

58 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

This is where you'd refer to the actual numbers. Basically, while Rama's NP seems strong in context, his actual buff is just 17% ATK buff Charisma

Pre Multiplier of Raid CE, Sitting at 39968*, he's not much stronger than Okita 43858  and this is at the time of Original Ibaraki run where Rama didn't have Merlin to rely on - only Nightingale. Nitingale's good, but Ibaraki isn't where she shines unless you have hax resource to enable her

Multiplicative is often misleading because people heard the word and go "OH ITS AWESOME" when in reality its all about working the actual numbers and Rama vs Ibaraki is one of those case - Rama is fairly strong if you said he's as strong as an SSR at best if her NP1 at which point you get a valid reasoning to say "why not use SSR

*simplified to 40.000 Rama would do 64000 with Waver to Okita 68000. Consider the former have way worse NP recursion, 2/2/1 hit and Okita's better. Back then Rasho's hard enough to make you want to go like this unless you run the Diarmuid/Cu/Taunt composition

Fair enough. (Mind, Rama's Charisma is 18%.)

Personally I don't mind the NP loop thing from Rama v. Okita, mostly because Quick's NP damage falls off a cliff after the first NP---since good 3 turn Quick Ups don't exist yet. He's still going to do far less damage than Okita since his NP doesn't out damage hers (without an NP level advantage) and his face cards are far worse (thanks to Okita's 30% defense down on her NP + 5* bases), but it wouldn't really come from the NP spam.

Also, was Rashomon actually hard? My memories of it are pretty fuzzy, but they involved Drake AoEing down the arms and Ibaraki dying really quickly.

Edit: @The Geek Jack's damage mod stacks additively with the event bonus CEs. It's a buff rather than being stapled to the NP---unlike, say, Carmilla's.

She'll still do amazing since she's NP4 with an interlude, even if the interlude is underpowered and she's hitting from assassin's multiplier.

Edited by DehNutCase

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Fair enough. (Mind, Rama's Charisma is 18%.)

Personally I don't mind the NP loop thing from Rama v. Okita, mostly because Quick's NP damage falls off a cliff after the first NP---since good 3 turn Quick Ups don't exist yet. He's still going to do far less damage than Okita since his NP doesn't out damage hers (without an NP level advantage) and his face cards are far worse (thanks to Okita's 30% defense down on her NP + 5* bases), but it wouldn't really come from the NP spam.

Also, was Rashomon actually hard? My memories of it are pretty fuzzy, but they involved Drake AoEing down the arms and Ibaraki dying really quickly.

Rashomon was decidedly tougher than anything back then yeah. I remember its tough enough that 2 Waver can be somewhat shaky when i run it - i mostly used Gil with taunter and Waver lol. Mash v3 is also such a crazy jump over Mash v2(5% def buff, 2000 damage cut, Full Power Lord Camelot NP3) and its a big thing everyone have now that changes it a lot

I'm probably just going to run Ishtar, Merlin, and Waver as my team for Rashomon with w/e support caster I find that has MLB Carp.  Didn't really have much trouble the first time around, but I'm feeling lazy anyways.

I'll swap Ishtar for Mordred on Lancer day, though I should probably spend some apples to finish leveling Mordred first (or just use shop XP when the event hits, since Lancer day isn't for a while).  Might change it up a bit if I clear the shop early and nuke with Illya instead when I no longer care about hands.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

240 SQ+6 tickets and no Ibaraki :). Hahahahahaha. I want to cry

EDIT: Bought the 41 SQ pack. Was able to to get Ibaraki as well as get my fifth copy of the 5* event craft essence. At least I have half a year to save again derp

Edited by redlight

Relevant Support Line-Up:
- Merlin with MLB Carp
- Gilgamesh with MLB Shana-O
- Scáthach with MLB Shana-O
- Zhuge Liang with MLB Carp

Gilgamesh + Merlin + Zhuge Liang ends the Bully node in 2-3 turns. Fastest clear on 3 BP was 6(?) turn-ish, Gil had NPBB with Hero Creation. Mystic Code was the Anniversary Blonde. I'm probably sticking to 2 BP you still ram the damage point ladder with that node and it's more BP efficient for currency from what I gather.

Oh, Ibaraki, I'm going to bully you to death. *insert gilgamesh laugh*

Edited by Magus of Memery

I’m mercilessly bullying a banana and I don’t feel bad for it.
What is wrong with me?!

Seriously though this is easier than I thought. Is it wise to save up rice balls or should I spend them as I get them?

15 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Seriously though this is easier than I thought. Is it wise to save up rice balls or should I spend them as I get them?

It depends on whether you want to rush the DP ladder, or wait for a day that has mats/gems you want to farm.

46 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

It depends on whether you want to rush the DP ladder, or wait for a day that has mats/gems you want to farm.

There’s isn’t a particular mat in the list I in need for, I think I’ll use the rice ball as the come.

Edited by Water Mage

That feeling when your lineup of 2nd stringers can't beat Banana Oni, feelsbadman. (They still did like 3 million or so, but I guess I'll suck it up and actually bring a single target damage dealer with Wandering Tales rather than stuffing Golden Carp + drop CEs on everyone.)