Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot how I fought Ibaraki, so I tried using my NP3 MHX and Santer Alter and wiped the hands first. That wasn't a wise idea. I couldn't land my first kill and ended up just outlasting that fight.

Then I decided to say "screw it" and bring Jalter. Things went a bit more smoothly, but then I was reminded of RNG crits. I forgotten how much I had to "reset" a turn because of the boss not being cooperative.

At the moment I'm running Jalter, 2 Wavers, and a Santa Alter for AoE clear. The other two slots are currently Mash and Cu (FSN) to hold the support CEs. // I guess the "whale" (or lucky) setup would be x2 Merlin, Jalter, and Santa Alter. Santa Alter wipes hands and Jalter Critbusters Ibaraki to death.

38 minutes ago, Sire said:

I forgot how I fought Ibaraki, so I tried using my NP3 MHX and Santer Alter and wiped the hands first. That wasn't a wise idea. I couldn't land my first kill and ended up just outlasting that fight.

Then I decided to say "screw it" and bring Jalter. Things went a bit more smoothly, but then I was reminded of RNG crits. I forgotten how much I had to "reset" a turn because of the boss not being cooperative.

At the moment I'm running Jalter, 2 Wavers, and a Santa Alter for AoE clear. The other two slots are currently Mash and Cu (FSN) to hold the support CEs. // I guess the "whale" (or lucky) setup would be x2 Merlin, Jalter, and Santa Alter. Santa Alter wipes hands and Jalter Critbusters Ibaraki to death.

The "whale set up" is actually Waver/Waver HUEGNUEK + Arash + AOE

there should be a possible way to do this in such a way that your NP alone kills

One thing often forgotten about Waver - when you dont need to use card, he actually match Merlin for pure damage boosting. Both Merlin and Waver boosts damage by 80%

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

I can clear 3 million pretty consistently with a team of Waver/Raikou/Merlin.  Mama puts in the good work.

Also got Shuten off a solo roll and I got Drake off a ticket earlier this week.  I'm gonna have terrible luck for the rest of the year aren't I?  Oh well, at least I have best pirate and drunk ASMR oni.

My only issue with running Waver is that I want to be greedy and maximize bond points & drops. Fortunately +3 drop CEs are pretty rare on my friend's list so I usually end up running a Golden Carp Waver instead. (His NP generation is far more useful than Merlin's buster stuff, especially considering I'm using Scathach right now---I'll probably swap her out to someone else once it stops being archer mooks, though.)

I'll probably swap to a lightning fast farming setup once it's Pages day or Hearts day, though, since I'll be chugging rice balls like crazy.

Edit: JAlter Lily is also surprisingly nice to use---her kit doesn't scale well, but they start pretty great even at level 1. I don't really have a spot for an AoE lancer, though---between Elizabeth now and Ereshkigal later there's pretty much no way she makes a serious team.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 hour ago, redlight said:

JP can finally bind their accounts to a Google one. I hope we get this at least when or before part 2 begins.

I had hope for approximately 2 seconds before seeing "Android only." 

Hopefully iOS users can bind to Apple accounts eventually.

EDIT: Rashoumon is going smoothly, been killing 6m Ibaraki with 

Spoiler

dGiSQKD.png

At 60m.  Kinda annoyed at the chase battle for making my DP count not even.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

11 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

The "whale set up" is actually Waver/Waver HUEGNUEK + Arash + AOE

there should be a possible way to do this in such a way that your NP alone kills

Huh, Arash eh?... I do have a Grailed 70 Arash, so maybe this could get somewhere. Alas, my Waver isn't 10/10/10 (or at the very least, have 10 for Damage), so it may not be as effective...

Now I need to run tests to see if my NP1 Jalter outdamages my NP3 MHX... (Using a damage calculator, Jalter wins out because Dragon Witch and Ephemeral Dream.)

Hmm. Oh well, let's try the in-game tests and see how horribly I do... // Using Jalter (Damage CE), Arash, Waver, Support Waver, Kintoki Rider, Mash. No pure NP kills, but this is because my skills aren't fully maxed and Jalter is just NP 1. I also don't have a 2nd MLB Carp yet.

... Thinking about going pure NP, there's always the Robin Hood method. I remember seeing Robin Hood doing insane amounts of damage, but I think that involved heavy buff stacking

2 hours ago, Sire said:

Huh, Arash eh?... I do have a Grailed 70 Arash, so maybe this could get somewhere. Alas, my Waver isn't 10/10/10 (or at the very least, have 10 for Damage), so it may not be as effective...

You don’t need Arash. He’s just there for clearing Wave 1 regardless of card draws.

He is an option for clearing the hands though, alongside a ST servant. Just overcharge his NP.

My setup for 3M is Kintoki / Jeanne Lily / support Waver / Merlin. With three Carps I get a consistent 2 Turn. That leaves two slots for gourd CEs.

After farming over 100M DP yesterday, I’m only at 138M now.

In the meantime, I am just slowly killing 3million one with LancerLiz + Brynhilda -> kinda wanna to maximize bond point gains! Tried Scathach once and 1 shotted 6million so I am happy with that :P

Did anyone get this nonsense notification a couple hours ago?

PB7Xg1W_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

I know for a fact Rashomon doesn’t give a free Kintoki. Hell, we don’t know the date for the next event as we know it. Looks like Feh isn’t the only place where intern-kin strikes.

56 minutes ago, Silverly said:

Did anyone get this nonsense notification a couple hours ago?

PB7Xg1W_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

I know for a fact Rashomon doesn’t give a free Kintoki. Hell, we don’t know the date for the next event as we know it. Looks like Feh isn’t the only place where intern-kin strikes.

Everyone did I think, not even just iOS users.

DW is very confused.

56 minutes ago, MagicCanonBalls said:

Been using grailed Emiya Alter + incomplete Mash + Support Tammamo for the 3M node, and it has been absolute RNG ride depending on whether Ibaraki killed the frontline too early.

Is this your first time doing the event?

3M is really easy to farm once you get the Carp CEs from the ladder.

4 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Is this your first time doing the event?

3M is really easy to farm once you get the Carp CEs from the ladder.

Yep, just started around March. I got all the Carp CEs and MLB ushi but still struggling with the last 1m hp usually. 

49 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

I was doing a bit of research on future events and I’m curious, is it a good idea to save apples for the Onigashima event? Do I need apples to comfortably clear it? 

Nah.  Onigashima is pretty easy, and the raids run on BP like Rashoumon's do (though there are also free quests that use AP).  You don't need apples to get Kintoki to NP5.

11 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Nah.  Onigashima is pretty easy, and the raids run on BP like Rashoumon's do (though there are also free quests that use AP).  You don't need apples to get Kintoki to NP5.

So unlike the CCC event, free quests aren’t a necessary to complete everything?

Just now, Water Mage said:

So unlike the CCC event, free quests aren’t a necessary to complete everything?

You do need to grind currency to get NP5 Kintoki Rider/all copies of Golden Sumo.  But natural AP regeneration is enough for that (and it was enough to finish CCC mission list too for that matter).

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

You do need to grind currency to get NP5 Kintoki Rider/all copies of Golden Sumo.  But natural AP regeneration is enough for that (and it was enough to finish CCC mission list too for that matter).

My max AP is at 135, so yeah it’s going to be enough to grind currency I think. The event even has so apples as rewards, so I can use in case of emergencies.