Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

45 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

if you ant to know more about fgo's story, then I'd recommend checking out the Kara no kyoukai event and the fate/zero accel order event's dialogue on youtube or something.

ty.  But it's moreso just getting familiar w/the Servants, than just the story (tho I definitely also like to be as knowledgeable about the story/universe as possible too).  Any game I team build, I try to use characters I like, regardless of their strength (although that does come into consideration sometimes too).  I.e. is EMIYA/Demiya (which name do I use anyway?) a douche?  Is Marth or Bilqis the better waifu?  etc etc.    

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Dr. Cheesesteak said:

ty.  But it's moreso just getting familiar w/the Servants, than just the story (tho I definitely also like to be as knowledgeable about the story/universe as possible too).  Any game I team build, I try to use characters I like, regardless of their strength (although that does come into consideration sometimes too).  I.e. is EMIYA/Demiya (which name do I use anyway?) a douche?  Is Marth or Bilqis the better waifu?  etc etc.    

ayyy play through the story mode.

Barring Septem, you'll probably pick up some favorites there.

as for servants, they're just legendary/historical heroes/figures summoned to fight. There's exceptions and shit, but you'll get introduced to them along the way.

Edited by Mister Rogers

lol, right on.  Well, thanks for the input @Mister Rogers and @QKumber gonna restart up FGO today, as I watch the Zero throughout the day too!  

Also, ok if you spoil this for me, but what about the different forms?  Like, I see EMIYA and Hassan having different forms and subsequently different character names?

1 minute ago, Dr. Cheesesteak said:

lol, right on.  Well, thanks for the input @Mister Rogers and @QKumber gonna restart up FGO today, as I watch the Zero throughout the day too!  

Also, ok if you spoil this for me, but what about the different forms?  Like, I see EMIYA and Hassan having different forms and subsequently different character names?

Spoiler

the emiya's are from different timelines and the hassans are different individual hassans aka the 18/19 heads of the Hashashin

Couple questions, as I'm breaking during maintenance:

- is there any way to control what servant you get?  Or is it all 100% gacha rolls?  

- how do I fuse duplicate Servants?  I already have a dupe and read the best thing to do is to fuse it for better NP (another option was to burn it for XP, if I read correctly?).  But for the life of me, I can't find where to fuse Servants.  Can anyone help me navigate the menus, please?  :unsure:

Just now, Dr. Cheesesteak said:

Couple questions, as I'm breaking during maintenance:

- is there any way to control what servant you get?  Or is it all 100% gacha rolls?  

- how do I fuse duplicate Servants?  I already have a dupe and read the best thing to do is to fuse it for better NP (another option was to burn it for XP, if I read correctly?).  But for the life of me, I can't find where to fuse Servants.  Can anyone help me navigate the menus, please?  :unsure:

it's literally all centered on the gacha, outside of welfares from events or story rewards like Kiyohime.

you can only go get a servant to NP level 5 so use them as exp fodder afterwards.

literally just spend like a few minutes under "enhancements". you'll find it.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Cheesesteak said:

Enhance -> Noble Phantasm

I suggest locking one copy of every servant, and using that as the base for NP gain.

33 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

it's literally all centered on the gacha, outside of welfares from events or story rewards like Kiyohime.

Right, so basically there's no point in having a sort of "wishlist" of Servants.  It's basically whatever the story/events and gacha rolls give me.  I can dig it.  Makes it more exciting when I land something I want (as a History graduate, the list of Servants has me like :drool:).

23 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Enhance -> Noble Phantasm

I suggest locking one copy of every servant, and using that as the base for NP gain.

33 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

you can only go get a servant to NP level 5 so use them as exp fodder afterwards.

literally just spend like a few minutes under "enhancements". you'll find it.

Thanks!  I'd seen that, but hadn't gone in and I guess either didn't read the Help description or just didn't understand it at the time.

Edited by Dr. Cheesesteak

Well, we pretty much got the Summer Festival 1:1 from JP
... except we lost 20 SQ along the way. Disappointing. Oh well.

Game is up btw.

EDIT: Oh, btw. you whales got the renewed SQ packages. I suppose rejoice?

Edited by The Priest

Can’t wait for r/grandorder salt to flood internet traffic again.

After over an hour and a half’s delay, we were treated to a powerpoint presentation that was probably done part time by a high schooler working at $5 an hour.

The only notable things that presentation included were a new board game in August, a quartz pack discount, and 20 less quartz log in bonus compared to JP.

As soon as the stream was over I did my roll:

image.png

On the one hand, I’m glad NP3 Tamamo did not come. On the other hand, I have no use for Jack. I’ll still level her but she’s definitely in the back of the line for now.

Now to go hard on these 1/2 AP Hands and get Ozy, Ibaraki, and Mash to max level. Then sit on my hands for summer.

Rolled on the Paid Gacha.
Got a Berserker card that turned Gold. So no Zhuge Liang.
I was thinking to myself "maybe Cu Alter? NP2 Vlad would be fine, too, at this point".
*gets Nightingale*
The Mapo Tofu that followed summed up my feelings pretty well. You can join Saber in the Second Archive. Forever.

EDIT:
A bit more context, I suppose. Nightingale was on my blacklist alongside Drake, Medb and Jack. These 4 were the absolut worst case for me because aside from Drake I greatly dislike them and in case of her she would be the 3rd SSR Rider.

The rest would have been fine. Zhuge Liang was obviously my most wanted one, everyone else would be NP2 (Tamamo, Vlad and Ozymandias) or have some niche I could use in my team (Cu Alter is obvious, Sanzang would be cool to have as an offensive Caster against Assassins).

But ... it happened. RIP. Now to wait until the Class gacha at New Year for another chance.

Edited by The Priest

10 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Rolled on the Paid Gacha.
Got a Berserker card that turned Gold. So no Zhuge Liang.
I was thinking to myself "maybe Cu Alter? NP2 Vlad would be fine, too, at this point".
*gets Nightingale*
The Mapo Tofu that followed sums up my feeling very well. You can join Saber in the Second Archive. Forever.

:/ don't bulli best nurse

You know she's probably still worth raising up for the buster buff. 

42 minutes ago, The Geek said:

She's good as Buster Support, but being a Berserker her survivability is poor which kind of undermines that idea.

Nice joke.

She is extremely bulky as a Berserker, and when paired with defensive support like Waver or Shielder, she can easily take 0 damage from most enemies. Her kit even opens up opportunities to play point man as a damage dealer vs servants, if you’re crazy enough. All servants are humanoid, so they take more damage from her 2nd skill (especially when paired with her 3rd) and deal less damage to her. While NP Strength Down is normally a mediocre debuff, the 50% Atk Down on her NP isn’t. Combine that with a 7k heal to one ally and the 3k heal to the entire team and you have a servant that can live a ridiculously long time while having coverage for every class.

Or you can just use her for Angel’s Cry on a buffstacking team. She’s flexible like that.

12 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Nice joke.

She is extremely bulky as a Berserker, and when paired with defensive support like Waver or Shielder, she can easily take 0 damage from most enemies. Her kit even opens up opportunities to play point man as a damage dealer vs servants, if you’re crazy enough. All servants are humanoid, so they take more damage from her 2nd skill (especially when paired with her 3rd) and deal less damage to her. While NP Strength Down is normally a mediocre debuff, the 50% Atk Down on her NP isn’t. Combine that with a 7k heal to one ally and the 3k heal to the entire team and you have a servant that can live a ridiculously long time while having coverage for every class.

Or you can just use her for Angel’s Cry on a buffstacking team. She’s flexible like that.

I'll admit I don't have much experience using Nightingale.  I'm just used to Berserkers not named Herc or Cu Alter dying really quickly.

13 minutes ago, The Geek said:

I'll admit I don't have much experience using Nightingale.  I'm just used to Berserkers not named Herc or Cu Alter dying really quickly.

Think of Gale as a Balanced buster buffer. Think of Merlin as a broken buffer. Gale is a very strong unit, the zerk class makes you think about how to use her instead of just slap her and press buttons liek a braindead monkey (waver/merlin case)

But alas, if you dislike the char like our friends Priest, there is no hope. Everyone has the most unwanted units, and it is ALWAYS a shame when someone gets one of those ><

My roll: Drake was among my top 3 picks (her/sanzo or np2 casko). And I dodged np4 waver bullet and all the zerkers (I do not like any of the SSRs zerks myself)

+ 2 good CEs and a wild Ozy spook! Great lucky!

PaidRollResize.png

I wanted Medb, Ozy, Tamamo, Vlad, or Sanzang for flavor/waifu reasons.  Got Nightingale.  But seems like that may not be such a bad thing. 

Got Da Vinci from her Gacha as well.    

edit:
I kinda wish I had gone the Knights gacha instead.  I don't think a single Servant would've disappointed me from it.  Although, the Cavalry gacha had characters I wanted more than any from the Knights gacha.  But also had ones I wanted to avoid (like Nightingale.  But maybe she'll be worth it like some others think).  

Edited by Dr. Cheesesteak

not rolling the guaranteed gacha since I want to buy fe fates conquest.

I got an anniversary CE from the gacha tho. THe one that gives sure hit and +8% buster up. Not bad at all!

I got Mephistopheles from the Da Vinci gacha.  Game's mad at me after getting some decent stuff out of the Ozy banner.

Since I have zero paid quartz, the other gachas are out of the question.  Good luck everyone~!

I did my guaranteed roll and got myself a Nightingale. I am content that I will have Best Nurse to look after me. // Waver was the main goal, mostly so I can actually start using different supports instead of nabbing a Waver all the time. Vlad and Cu Alter would have also been nice additions to my roster, with Sanzang being welcome for flavor purposes. Jack, while useful, will likely be placed in the sidelines since I got my NP3 MHX. Medb would have been my worst case scenario, with Ozzy and Drake being "meh" for me.

I also did a Story Summon since I have no interest in Da Vinci or the new CEs. Got myself a Stheno for my troubles. While I obviously would have liked someone else, at least the Medusa Sisters are reunited in my Chaldea.

Now to get to work on getting EXP for everybody...

Serenes FGO - Friend Code IDs (NA)

Spoiler

If I missed anyone or need to make a correction, let me know! (Use the [@UserName] feature so I get a notification, or just quote one of my posts.)

[UPDATE LOG - July 8th, 2018]
-- LuxSpes added.
-- Zeratul (Ren) is now The Priest (Ren)
-- Czarpy (Czarpy) is now Mister Rogers (Czarpy)

Active Members
SecondWorld - 403,067,254 (David)
eclipse - 917,798,708 (eclipse)
MediocreLee - 015,794,040 (MediocreLee)
MrSmokestack - 062,476,598 (MrSmokestack)
Rothene - 750,157,837 (Rothene)
Ebony - 233,925,133 (Hannah)
The Priest  - 863,169,679 (Ren)
Sire - 815 519 689 (Sire)
TheGeek - 722,418,335 (Geek)
N30 - 086,951,059 (Arcadia)
JSND Alter Dragon Boner - 283,900,798 (JSND)
Mister Rogers - 356,589,556 (Czarpy)
Jingle Jangle - 812,852,640 (Jingles)
Glaceon Mage -  171,099,109 (Glaceon Mage) Note: Please notify Glaceon Mage if adding as a friend in FGO.
Scoot -  999,540,146 (Nat)
Alexmender - 423,824,954 (Alexmender)
LuxSpes -  292,726,441 (Lux)

Friends List Capped
Zak Something - 883,068,826 (Zak)
QKumber - 314,369,629 (QK)
Emeraldfox - 674,653,620  (Emeraldfox)
Lord-Zero - 285,321,342 (Lord-Zero)
Polydeuces - 302,111,199 (Poly)
Sekki - 082,416,051 (Sekki)

Inactive Members
Phillius the Crestfallen - 961, 944, 081 (Time)

Edited by Sire

I have to keep my word of not spending a cent until Musashi releases not like I have a cent to spare right now. Anyways, I got the Saber CE with the survey ticket. This game is telling me to use an arts team with all these arts servants and +Arts CEs. I'll consider it if it throws me a Tamamo during the Summer banner.

why the fuck is everyone getting Nightingale lol.

after the summer banner, I'ma save for Cleopatra. There's like literally noone else I'd want to roll for like a month or so.

I mean I don't need Illya (SSR that competes with Sanzang.) , and Medb/Helena aren't high on the list since I literally just got Kintoki and Ozy (STNP Riders, and Ozy's got the Support capabilities to match helena at least)

oh yeah i forgot about nerofest.

goddamnit.

http://duel.fate-go.us/

Edited by Mister Rogers