Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

4 hours ago, The Priest said:
  Hide contents

cV7n_z3ondXUqPQA1oNutDS8guDBmp9PG9bTOodQ

*laughs maniacally*

Lancer gets Sure Hit and increased Death Rate on his NP.
Caster has now Buster Up (which actives first of course)..

Now no one can dodge Cu's undodgeable lance. But it can be blocked, small steps Cu. As for Caster Cu, I'm not too familiar with him, something about a buster buff with one red card is strange. I was thinking the other 3* lancers could use a refining more than Cu, then again DW has a strange set of priorities. 

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, The Priest said:
  Reveal hidden contents

cV7n_z3ondXUqPQA1oNutDS8guDBmp9PG9bTOodQ

*laughs maniacally*

Lancer gets Sure Hit and increased Death Rate on his NP.
Caster has now Buster Up (which actives first of course).

I honestly forgot about his Caster version. This is actually really good for him since his major problem was his trash NP though the duration is wasted on him since he has only 1 Buster card. It would have been better if he gets a higher multiplier for a single turn. Still this makes him so much more viable for farming now.

RIP Geronimo though. Honestly they should just re-work his entire kit to be targetable really before they try to apply 3 Strengthening quests to him.

2 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Now no one can dodge Cu's undodgeable lance. But it can be blocked, small steps Cu. As for Caster Cu, I'm not too familiar with him, something about a buster buff with one red card is strange. I was thinking the other 3* lancers could use a refining more than Cu, then again DW has a strange set of priorities. 

The reason why this buff is actually ridiculous is because it double stacks his NP buff. Everything else didn't really matter. To put into perspective how good this kind of buff actually is, Gilgamesh gets a buff that does the exact same thing but applied to 0 cards and that was the catalyst that makes him the best archer from being regarded as the worst for some reason

So no, its not wasted.

If Cu Caster is accesible hes really solid thanks to how overpowered his 1st are yeah

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

33 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

The reason why this buff is actually ridiculous is because it double stacks his NP buff. Everything else didn't really matter. To put into perspective how good this kind of buff actually is, Gilgamesh gets a buff that does the exact same thing but applied to 0 cards and that was the catalyst that makes him the best archer from being regarded as the worst for some reason

What are you talking about?
Caster Cu only gets a 20% Buster Up for 3 turns while Gilgamesh gets a 30% NP damage buff which goes on top of his innate Charisma and Servant bonus damage. Nothing else from Cu's kit allows him stack his NP damage. There is no real comparision here since in case of Gil his damage went from wet noodle to actual destroyer of worlds while this improves it to just good levels.
That's why I'm saying they should have cut the duration to a single turn while giving him a higher multiplier, something between 30% to 40%. It's not like he can use the Buster buff outside of his NP.

Caster Cu's 1st skill is just a regular battery with Crit damage buffs he really can't work with and the NP charge effect came with his Strengthening. That's hardly overpowered.

Edited by The Priest

9 minutes ago, The Priest said:

What are you talking about?
Caster Cu only gets a 20% Buster Up for 3 turns while Gilgamesh gets a 30% NP damage buff which goes on top of his innate Charisma and Servant bonus damage. Nothing else from Cu's kit allows him stack his NP damage. There is no real comparision here since in case of Gil his damage went from wet noodle to actual destroyer of worlds while this improves it to just good levels.
That's why I'm saying they should have cut the duration to a single turn while giving him a higher multiplier, something between 30% to 40%. It's not like he can use the Buster buff outside of his NP.

Caster Cu's 1st skill is just a regular battery with Crit damage buffs he really can't work with and the NP charge effect came with his Strengthening. That's hardly overpowered.

Both buff improves their NP damage by sub 50%. Gil's buff affects 0 card(because its NP). CuCaster buff affects 1 card. The only reason to say Gil's version is better is multiplicative stacking which doesn't really matter. As far as "buff an NP could get" this kind of buff is easilly the best the game ever had

Also Cu's 1st is ridiculously overpowered, its Animal Language with 1 less cooldown(which would be enough to make it broken by itself), and somehow it have a neat debuff resistance side effect and 3 turn critical damage. Its balanced because its on Cu Caster but thats a legit "magically turns a shitty servant into a broken servant" level skill. Sadly for Cu Caster its just  Golden Sumo into Double Waver second NP' tier which allows him to get 20 to 40% Buster buff.

3 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

As far as "buff an NP could get" this kind of buff is easilly the best the game ever had

Eh, [card] resist down still sounds better to me considering that one pretty much translates to "Mana Burst for every NP that follows because reasons".
I mean at least I can agree with that this makes Caster Cu a much better 3* Servant (probably the best option against multiple Assassins for F2P players even).

3 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

its Animal Language with 1 less cooldown

I would rather describe it as an improved "Calm and Collected" since it has 1 less cooldown and the Crit Dmg Up as a bonus while being virtually the same. Animal Language gives 20% more gauge after all which justifies its 8(6) turn cooldown.
50% every 5 turns is when DW decides they need someone to sit beside Merlin.

1 hour ago, The Priest said:

Eh, [card] resist down still sounds better to me considering that one pretty much translates to "Mana Burst for every NP that follows because reasons".
I mean at least I can agree with that this makes Caster Cu a much better 3* Servant (probably the best option against multiple Assassins for F2P players even).

I would rather describe it as an improved "Calm and Collected" since it has 1 less cooldown and the Crit Dmg Up as a bonus while being virtually the same. Animal Language gives 20% more gauge after all which justifies its 8(6) turn cooldown.
50% every 5 turns is when DW decides they need someone to sit beside Merlin.

Ah thats why i somehow think its stupid fucking misread

Yeah Resist down is kinda wonky for this because it would significantly drop his NP damage, although otoh, you mentioning it made me realized had he get Buster DEF down and DEF down 20% as a buff he'd make the Buster debuff supremacy even worse

On the other side of things, how is everyone and Summer part1?

The story had its moments and it was cool overall. Except Kyohime... that thing creeps me to no end ><

So far, I`ve been chilling and just farming slowly - did not roll gacha - but this event is super easy to get +7/+8 thx to support CE, so the drops are decent enough.

Not gonna bother with warhorse horns / dragon scales. Over 100 of those 2

Mainly did mountain because the quest was easy enough AND it was a good excuse to dust off my Siegfried

Part2 can`t come soon enough... MARTHAAAAAAAA

For Summer Part 1, I'm close to my 2nd island being finished (just need a statue) before working on my final island. I've mostly been doing the individual ones since I have so many CEs.

As for the shop, I'm just grabbing whatever I'm low on at the moment. I'll try to clear it out later.

For Summer Part 1, I have gotten all of the Summer Carmilla ces. Still find to find the one more, yet it doesn't want to appear. Buying getting materials that I'm low on for the future. In a couple day I'll get started on rebuild the island.

I'm almost done with the shop except for the usual monuments and Iron stuff because I have no CEs for that nor a way to farm it reliably Screw that green eye. Luckily the Iron mats are stuff I have a lot of so it doesn't hurt to leave it there. I got 2 drops of the Carmilla CE which means I'll get more stuff to fill the Second archive with.

Part 2 is coming soon so I don't think I'll have the time to make a second town, not that I want to change the Tamalancer statue after getting the real deal.

Oh well; I should have expected Serenes Forest had a thread to talk about FGO; well; I joined the game too xDU.

... And I forgot to put my code in this post (or in my signature) before doing this; oh well xD

20 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Archuria is a huge unlikable asshole of a prick

That is all

Hoping she got better in part 2, because i can't remember a single time in this game where they manage to make anyone THAT unlikable

You are not cultured enough to appreciate her.

11 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

In today's JP strengthening, Nightingale got a better heal with Debuff Immunity and Instakill. Good for her.  Meanwhile the creep Blackbeard got a np damage boost. I hope tomorrow Mata Hari will get something cool.

I’m banking on Cursed Arm Hassan myself, especially if the vanilla instinct skills are getting a facelift.

1 hour ago, Troykv said:

Oh well; I should have expected Serenes Forest had a thread to talk about FGO; well; I joined the game too xDU.

... And I forgot to put my code in this post (or in my signature) before doing this; oh well xD

cool. there's a f2p tier list by @The Priest somewhere here. 

35 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

You are not cultured enough to appreciate her.

I’m banking on Cursed Arm Hassan myself, especially if the vanilla instinct skills are getting a facelift.

Hassan still has instinct? Jesus christ.

I kinda want him to have something related to that demon arm tbf.

2 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

cool. there's a f2p tier list by @The Priest somewhere here. 

Hassan still has instinct? Jesus christ.

I kinda want him to have something related to that demon arm tbf.

I felt so "not F2P" enjoying using my Stheno xDU

What does Hassan's Instinct?

48 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Throwing Daggers is fine though. 12 stars on a 4 CD is pretty good and considering Hassan is very decent at generating stars it's more than enough.
If it is CA Hassan then it's either an NP upgrade or a buff to his Self-Modification (aka Crit Absorb). If any of his other skills get the Crit Absorb it will only impede his role as Star generator. He really could use a damage buff somewhere because that's his only issue really.

The list is at pg. 170. If only I knew how to insert page links to my signature ...

Edited by The Priest

i can't wait for saber lily to get an instinct upgrade too.

@Troykv Stheno? You sure wound up with the real stinker for your beginner roll. If you're not too far ahead/have rolled and gotten nothing good, then I'd recommend rerolling.

Edited by Mister Rogers

10 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

i can't wait for saber lily to get an instinct upgrade too.

@Troykv Stheno? You sure wound up with the real stinker for your beginner roll. If you're not too far ahead/have rolled and gotten nothing good, then I'd recommend rerolling.

It's okay; I actually like Stheno (I just felt in that way because well... it looks like pretty much every F2P Hates her)... and I already got Tamamo Lancer (And only took 60 Quartz, what the fuck xD); so I already have stuff hard to get xD

I guess my little goddess decided to bless me after don't reject her like the rest.

Edited by Troykv

16 minutes ago, Troykv said:

It's okay; I actually like Stheno (I just felt in that way because well... it looks like pretty much every F2P Hates her)... and I already got Tamamo Lancer (And only took 60 Quartz, what the fuck xD); so I already have stuff hard to get xD

I guess my little goddess decided to bless me after don't reject her like the rest.

you're in luck since stheno buffs anyone who has the divine trait so Tamamo might get the buff.

you should save the rest of the SQ for Archer Artoria or Ruler Martha! They're really strong.

12 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

you're in luck since stheno buffs anyone who has the divine trait so Tamamo might get the buff.

you should save the rest of the SQ for Archer Artoria or Ruler Martha! They're really strong.

That is indeed great; I'll take good use of it when Stheno get that buff later.

I have an internal fight with myself because I also want Ilya xDU.

(I edited my Signature now)

Edited by Troykv

1 minute ago, Troykv said:

That is indeed great; I'll take good use of it when Stheno get that buff later.

I have an internal fight with myself because I also want Ilya xDU.

(I edited my Signature now)

the buff's out right now in NA. just do her strengthening quest.

Illya's good for a STNP caster. But you do have to ask yourself if you really outright want her when the summer servants are also out right now.

1 minute ago, Mister Rogers said:

the buff's out right now in NA. just do her strengthening quest.

Illya's good for a STNP caster. But you do have to ask yourself if you really outright want her when the summer servants are also out right now.

I'm still a bit new; so Stheno still needs some ascensions.

Well... Did Ilya get reruns in JP? The Summer Units seems to get re-runs even in NA.