Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

23 minutes ago, Mister Rogers said:

what situation would that be?

I'm just farming blue skl gems. Hopefully I'll get some SQ from bond levels.

and I pray for another summer servant. Hopefully it'll be Martha but I'll take anyone. 

Solo(so he get his card access) with Sun up

Skillful BBB with 171.6% damage buff is no joke

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Threw 5 Tickets at the Kiyo rate-up banner in hopes for her or Tamamo. Got yet another Pirate Party CE, so I now have two of those... I guess my only haul from the first banner will be Rider Mordred.

I got about 90 Quartz saved up for Summer Artoria, with Summer Martha being a bonus. Hopefully my luck for Servants will be better for Part II!

AHAHAHHAHAHA I FEEL LIKE LAUGHING SO MUCH NOW

Tengu Tactics got buffed with 3 turn self quick buff for Ushi. This is frankly huge, puts her card on around Sherlock level, and her damage range AT LEAST is at Kintoki Rider's level, probably touch few SSR at Np5 when grailed, one of two unit who can do this besides Lu Bu in the rarity

Dantes get Curse amplified to accompany his NP damage buff Interlude. Putting his NP at Gilgamesh(with his NP damage buff) level of 22k without buff and 33k with buff.

11 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

This comment is highly amusing in retrospect.

I mean my point still stands though. He could use a damage buff to become fully self-sufficient. This only makes him less reliant on his cards to generate stars which isn't bad but doesn't adress his weakness. Like what's the point of him having Self-Modification?
That being said this is a huge buff to his Star Gen.

---

Boudica, who? Anyway, Ushiwakamaru jumped from really good to utterly insane. Apparently that was necessary.

So this Strengthening batch was pretty darn good.
Biggest loser out of this is imo Paracelsus. He still has the same issues as before.

Edited by The Priest

2 hours ago, The Priest said:

I mean my point still stands though. He could use a damage buff to become fully self-sufficient. This only makes him less reliant on ohis cards to generate stars which isn't bad but doesn't adress his weakness. Like what's the point of him having Self-Modification?

---

Boudica, who? Anyway, Ushiwakamaru jumped from really good to utterly insane. Apparently that was necessary.

So this Strengthening batch was pretty darn good.
Biggest loser out of this is imo Paracelsus. He still has the same issues as before.

Para gains a very strong niche as an almost BIS Quick AND Arts support farmer kinda. Going from a very awkward high CD not much payoff unit into having Nero Brides signature role which kinda make him the other half of Budget Waver is a huge jump(and outclassing it in some respect). The previous version was Medea with 1 turn Golden rule and all

I agree self mod is misplaced on CA Hassan but it makes him able to use excess stars more effectively. The problem of that skill is more because low stars and crits does not mix(actually crit and quick also does not mix). A good comparison here is how an exact same proto Cu one at R one at SSR, the SSR one would be stupidly good

Honestly the biggest loser is Tamacat for me. Even with this buff she doesnt went past farmer level, unlike Fran she doesnt have Galvanism or Golden rule so she cant run Skadi 3tk without jumping the hoops. 

For the final day of strengthening, Ushi is one of the best 3* servants in the game, she was good before but a quick buff?  Meanwhile Dantes got a np damage boost and curse, good for him. Overall the good got better, and the trash is still trash.

Hey I finally got the 5th copy of Summertime Mistress after gathering materials since the start of the event. That's a relief. 

@The Priest  so i think comes this buff the most notable change is going to be Ushi jumping to S tier? Her damage at NP5 is now 54661 which is slightly below Kintoki Rider. Her card is about as good as Sherlock Holmes/Skadi with buff active. Grailed to 90, she's actually the top 4 solo NP damage(Kintoki Rider with buff and shenanigans outdamage her and all) for Rider class which is slightly less ridiculous than Lu Bu

Also Cu SS Tier since he godlike on solo and on team now with Black Grail build

11 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I agree self mod is misplaced on CA Hassan but it makes him able to use excess stars more effectively. The problem of that skill is more because low stars and crits does not mix(actually crit and quick also does not mix).

They could just give him the Crit Star absorption effect like the higher-ranked Self Modifications from Jeanne or NR. That would fix his problem.
Heck, with PfW that would make him more than formidable for a Servant of his rarity. 

10 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

the most notable change is going to be Ushi jumping to S tier?

I mean we still have to wait 2 years on the NA side but yes, I would say that Ushiwakamaru makes the jump to S. She was already good enough, having no particular weaknesses and brings many benefits starting from extremly high ST NP damage to party support. This buff not only elevates her to a whole different level of NP madness it also mitigates her low hit counts a bit.
tbf I would have liked to see slightly higher numbers on the NP gen (like from 20% to 30%) but overall she is now the best 3* Rider.

Aside from that I see Caster Cu and Kojiro rising up in tiers.
The former has now something to couple with his survivalability, making him a decent Servant for farming and mob clearing. In fact he might be the most foolproof AoE Caster even at NP1.
Kojiro is freaking insane. Not only does his NP deal some real damage for an Assassin (if I didn't miscalculate only HFH and Jing Ke surpass him in ST NP damage) but that 20% Quick buff enhances his existing kit to something else. Especially if he is grailed he is very competitive for an Assassin.

Edited by The Priest

15 hours ago, The Priest said:

I mean my point still stands though. He could use a damage buff to become fully self-sufficient. This only makes him less reliant on his cards to generate stars which isn't bad but doesn't adress his weakness. Like what's the point of him having Self-Modification?

Hassan’s main role has always been generating stars. Using them for himself was always a bit of a secondary thing.

Card-based stargen is inconsistent. Innocent Monster has made units like him and Fuuma mostly obsolete due to their low base damage, so I think the buff to Throw (Dagger) was more than necessary to give him an edge. Pooping 30 stars every 2/4 turns is fantastic.

His Self-Modification rank makes it work more like a “fire and forget” skill that passively increases his damage, rather than making him a self-sufficient DPS.

EDIT: What the heck mobile

There really isn’t any room for a damage boost in his kit. A 50% crit damage buff with his star weight is already pretty good, and slapping a star absorb on it works against his role. Not only that, but his NP is among the worst in the game when both its hit count and effect are taken into account. A simple damage boost would just make him a worse Kojiro.

Finished Epic of Remnant. Only one memorial quest left to do until the monstrous 3M HP Saber Alter. This is going to be fun.

Edited by MrSmokestack

cleared half the shop. I'm not in need of too many items so that's just fine.

fucking MHX is the only workable assassin for Mountain farming. asdf fuckssake goddamnit

Nice...Part 2 is coming and looking at the bonuses I'm absolutely boned outside of cement farming. I'll take the long route of having parties that can clear the nodes reliably with low cost bonuses in the back instead of trying to min-max stuff. I'll make up for the deficit with Apples, after all I barely used the silver ones from part 1 and didn't touch a single Golden one so it'll probably be fine. 

does p2 have a seperate shop? i recall reading somewhere that we still have the p1 island, which I've farmed the shop items on my high priority list.

god give me shishou.

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

@The Geek Do you have any of the others unlocked? A cursory glance at your support makes me think you’re more than capable of doing them.

I mean I probably could if I cared to try, only problem is I don't really.  I have all of them except Saber Alter unlocked since I'm completely caught up on the story in JP.

And going on to NA version:  I got Archoria and NP2 Marie.  Now I have all the swimsuit Servants except for Mordred and Martha.

@AlexmenderI can help for Cement with my Saberlot if you want, had some slot open

A set up someone comes up with is Mash/Saberlot/Filler with Plugsuit Lu Bu to nuke Jack. Raikou should be easy

Also in case anyone want her up, my EX Rank Support and caster luck streak continues and now i have Caster Marie

....I just want Marines CE all right

On 5.8.2018 at 3:05 AM, MrSmokestack said:

Hassan’s main role has always been generating stars. Using them for himself was always a bit of a secondary thing.

The more self-sustaining a Servant the better. If he has a really good role that doesn't mean he can be improved elsewhere. He has the potential to be that but his lacking damage holds him back.

On 5.8.2018 at 3:05 AM, MrSmokestack said:

A 50% crit damage buff with his star weight is already pretty good, and slapping a star absorb on it works against his role. Not only that, but his NP is among the worst in the game when both its hit count and effect are taken into account. A simple damage boost would just make him a worse Kojiro.

1. His Star weight is still the standard Assassin one. He only ever uses excess stars if there are any.
2.Having it means you can either choose not to use it (which means the stars go to the rest of the team) or apply it to him when you have to use his cards. Self Modification is his only source of additional damage and considering he can't use it reliably enough is something that needs to be fixed. Heck if the Absorb only lasts 1 single turn (which makes sense since NR and JAlter have 3 turns on a higher rank) that would be perfect.
3. How does a NP buff makes him comparable to Kojiro like at all? He is already far different in use and a simple NP buff does nothing to change that. Not to mention most NP buffs had some kind of added effect. If he gets something like Def Down then that expands his options even further.

-----

Can someone explain how we went from stranded on a deserted tropical island to playing Civ on an apocalyptic landscape; while being surrounded by women in bikinis?

1 hour ago, The Priest said:

Can someone explain how we went from stranded on a deserted tropical island to playing Civ on an apocalyptic landscape; while being surrounded by women in bikinis?

I'm more confused how the boat apparently 

Spoiler

time traveled, based on what the boar piglets said.  And went right back to the same island after doing so.

Also the piglets gave no credit to the men and this makes me upset.  DIARMUID IS THE REAL HERO OF THIS STORY PIGLETS! 

The more self-sustaining a Servant the better. If he has a really good role that doesn't mean he can’t be improved elsewhere. He has the potential to be that but his lacking damage holds him back.

I could care less for self-sustain or all-around usefulness. I prefer running servants that are strong in their specific niche rather than a mix of roles that can done by individual servants better. But that’s just me. Versatility is good overall though, I agree.

Like I said before though, this buff makes him a more consistent star generator. You barely even need to waste actions on his cards to generate stars now.

1. His Star weight is still the standard Assassin one. He only ever uses excess stars if there are any.
2.Having it means you can either choose not to use it (which means the stars go to the rest of the team) or apply it to him when you have to use his cards. Self Modification is his only source of additional damage and considering he can't use it reliably enough is something that needs to be fixed. Heck if the Absorb only lasts 1 single turn (which makes sense since NR and JAlter have 3 turns on a higher rank) that would be perfect.

Fair.

3. How does a NP buff makes him comparable to Kojiro like at all? He is already far different in use and a simple NP buff does nothing to change that. Not to mention most NP buffs had some kind of added effect. If he gets something like Def Down then that expands his options even further.

REGEND has the better NP and kit for DPS by far. A NP upgrade from 2000% —> 2400% wouldn’t change that. Heck, not even a Def Down tacked onto it as well would make up for the gap between their NPs either. Hence why I prefer buffing what Hassan is better at—star generation—to make the difference between the two more distinct. Hassan has longevity and constant star generation for the whole team; REGEND packs damage and is an ideal grail target.

3 hours ago, The Priest said:

The more self-sustaining a Servant the better. If he has a really good role that doesn't mean he can be improved elsewhere. He has the potential to be that but his lacking damage holds him back.

-----

on 3

Kojiro:

Dodge - Crit combo - we all know about Dodge on crit REEEEEEEEEEEE meme

Instinct

Absorb - used as a fire and forget

All of his other shit is irrelevant

NP: Star refund.

Hassan:

3 hit dodge with the same irrelevant buff as Kojiro's 3rd - used as a fire and forget because its PfW and PfW is clearly a fair and balanced skill

Instinct

Crit Damage - does not get tied on hard defensive skills

NP - instant kill which is shit

Skill wise the only thing separating them is Absorb, and had CA Hassan have that he's basically "Kojiro but better", in an even more absurd fashion that Cu was a better Cu Alter skillwise.

Cardwise Hassan is so blatantly better than Kojiro, that had he have Kojiro's exact skillset he would be a top tier grail target instead of Regend's current High Tier because the only flaw under grailing Regend is his cards is the shitty 2,0 Quick ones

The only advantage Kojiro had is NP because his NP is super good while Hassan's is shit

granted a simple NP buff won't make them simmilar. But if you put absorb on CA and say.... NP damage - pre cast Def debuff they would be pretty homogenized honestly(with Kojiro having better NP while CA having way better cards). Theres also the issue of Crit being scaled alongside rarity and both of them are "practically" the lowest rarity

I honestly think for Self Mod, my pick for him is some sort of pseudo Charisma. Merlin is the only star genner at Top level who have any sort of team steroid and this is something that held Saberlot and CasLiz back from being top tier support(haha top tier support Saberlot)

Spoiled to avoid salt:

Spoiler

450 quartz and 35 tickets got me the following:

-NP3 Caster Marie

-NP2 Martha

-NP1 Altera

-NP1

Spoiler

Artoria

Spoiler

Wait for it...

Spoiler

Archer.

Alongside 15 copies each of the 3 and 4* CEs and 5 copies of the 5* CE.

Yeah. It’s not NP2. But I’m the happiest man alive right now.

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Spoiled to avoid salt:

Hide contents

450 quartz and 35 tickets got me the following:

-NP3 Caster Marie

-NP2 Martha

-NP1 Altera

-NP1

Hide contents

Artoria

Hide contents

Wait for it...

Hide contents

Archer.

Alongside 15 copies each of the 3 and 4* CEs and 5 copies of the 5* CE.

Yeah. It’s not NP2. But I’m the happiest man alive right now.

luck sack