Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

54 minutes ago, redlight said:

I'm a bit confused. Where's the last GUDA-O CE. Don't you need 5 to limit break it?

Not all event shops have 5 copies.  You need to luck out with the RNG and get a drop.

Yes, this is an annoying design choice and I wish they'd stop doing this.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Not all event shops have 5 copies.  You need to luck out with the RNG and get a drop.

Yes, this is an annoying design choice and I wish they'd stop doing this.

Thanks for answering?

Yeah. It's a silly of a design choice

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Why does it feel like Bride Nero does little damage despite her decent attack? I know she get a np buff later on to improve her offensive power, but even her normal attack feel soft compared to to other 5* sabers.

Honestly Bride Umu isn’t solely to do damage per se. Her one steroid that has isn’t even best used for herself, given that it’s targetable. If you want a beatstick saber, go with Mushashi or Okita. Think of her more of a support servant who can dps rather than being one herself. 

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Why does it feel like Bride Nero does little damage despite her decent attack? I know she get a np buff later on to improve her offensive power, but even her normal attack feel soft compared to to other 5* sabers.

21 minutes ago, Silverly said:

Honestly Bride Umu isn’t solely to do damage per se. Her one steroid that has isn’t even best used for herself, given that it’s targetable. If you want a beatstick saber, go with Mushashi or Okita. Think of her more of a support servant who can dps rather than being one herself. 

Placebo effect

If you use UMU Saber by giving her critical stars and using her ATK buff on herself with Buster card lead, she actually does good damage, better than every other Saber without using up Mana Burst due to her 1st being a huge 45% ATK buff while usually its Charisma. The only Saber with strictly better card damage on same situation is Altera who have stats rivalling Arthur and 30% ATK buff

When using UMU Saber you'd probably got misled into using Arts Lead because shes have Arts NP. Its not exactly "wrong" since Arts card is blatantly overpowered, but for damage regardless of what servant you are, Buster Starter is optimal and most servant didnt hit much harder than each other when you calc their Buster - Arts - Buster Chain. In general Buster and Arts starter dominates everything on every servant and most Quick only use Quick starter on NPQQ because they can't. If a quick servant can use Buster starter and Arts starter on their NPQQ, they will. Quick starter is blatantly bad and might as well do nothing

In fact that is why Okita's burst chain before Skadi is BNPQ. And still BNPQ with Skadi to some extent.

That said UMU Saber stats IS kinda low in ATK being 10% weaker than the upper half of the class. Her ATK isn't exactly low(since usually "low ATK" is when your 20% weaker than the best of the class), but it does shows up in some calcilations. It doesn't help that Saber is a stat monster in general - Arthur and Sigurd shares having the best stats in the game, and one of the highest total ATK stats in general(which is notable since ATK is the only relevant stats)

The thing is DW didn't balance support by making them "good for supporting shit for everything else" but "Support is blatantly overpowered if you realize what they did". UMU Saber herself have 3 turn 45% ATK buff, and Golden Rule, and 30% def debuff - the only servant in the game who have sticky steroid on the level of Nero Bride is Ozymandias who is so powerful, he is only barely weaker than Quetzalcoatl

My favorite example of this is Waver vs Ozymandias. Ozy is blatantly worse than Waver, and they even shares almost the exact same NP, except Ozy happen to be a Rider with STNP

Chiron is another good example, he's used in the "meta" for support, but had he have NP interlude theres no denying he's also a godly DPS, having ridiculously powerful steroids that every other servant can only dream of having

On the other side of the spectrum, you have Jack having a shitshow of an all over the place skillset, but since her internal and NP is too good she's a good DPS. Frankly if Jack was any other servant, people would go "she have heal and buffcleanse so shes a support why in the living fuck did she have Mana Burst bad design".

The support - dps designation really largely depends on how your using a given servant at the moment instead of what their skills actually did.

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

7 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

The support - dps designation really largely depends on how your using a given servant at the moment instead of what their skills actually did.

So much this! Once you notice this the game kinda opens itself for you in many new ways

Where did the 45% from Nero Bride? Flowers for the Earth is 40% + 50% Stargen. (Bride has 3 hits on Arts and quick, so she's not bad with the stargen part, but it's not like Archer Artoria where her NP rains stars after the buff.)

Stars for the Sky is her 45% Golden Rule. (Which is great on her, mind, since she has 2.1% arts, even if her quick is kind of shit, but it's even better on Archer Artoria---although not for Artoria's regular cards---Nero's deck is better, but on the other hand Artoria's NP is hilarious with Nero's buffs. So yeah.)

I like her, of course---a lot more than I like Tamamo, considering she has basically a 40-45% Arts up that works on every card, + actually does damage, but she does like playing with another semi-supporty character + a full support. (Artoria Archer fills the semi-support part nicely, seeing how she has 20% Def up and ~20% Charisma.)

Also, very minor note. Scathach does like having a Quick Lead, since 20% crit star generation actually matters for her 6 hit buster, and something like NPQB or NPAB does maximum damage for her. (Her quick cards are so terrible a quick lead buster generates more stars than a 3rd slot quick, lul. Her Quick cards are outdone by her Busters in literally everything.)

Edited by DehNutCase

On 20/03/2019 at 11:49 PM, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Theres one thing i find weird about Artoria and it relates to my opinion to Arthur

Shes "potrayed" to be perfect. When she is anything but. The fact that they delivered with that claim for Arthur, while boring, is a plus because it is a fitting description of the dude.

Speaking of which, regardless of what memes told you, Artoria is actually better. In fact Artoria is kinda arguably the best Saber in JP right now lol while Arthur is one of the worst

I know Artoria is currently the best Saber in the JP version, I was talking about the west version. And I wish Arthur would get buff, maybe change his Intuition skill, or make Mana Burst like Emiya’s Projection skill.

And I don’t why I don’t find Arthur’s perfection boring or annoying, something about the guy is just pleasant. And design is awesome. And I think Fate/GO is what soured my opinion on Artoria, since she’s always the antagonist in some form. In Fuyuki, in London as a minor boss and obviously in Camelot. Is Artoria ever portrayed as one of the good guys?

4 hours ago, Water Mage said:

I know Artoria is currently the best Saber in the JP version, I was talking about the west version. And I wish Arthur would get buff, maybe change his Intuition skill, or make Mana Burst like Emiya’s Projection skill.

And I don’t why I don’t find Arthur’s perfection boring or annoying, something about the guy is just pleasant. And design is awesome. And I think Fate/GO is what soured my opinion on Artoria, since she’s always the antagonist in some form. In Fuyuki, in London as a minor boss and obviously in Camelot. Is Artoria ever portrayed as one of the good guys?

Does MHX count?

4 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Is Artoria ever portrayed as one of the good guys?

Shinjuku (technically Salter, though in an ally role instead of antagonist).  Depending on what you mean by 'good guys', the first two summer events might count:  first one has summer Altria as part of the main party of servants, second one has summer Salter as one of the servants in the race, both of which are non-antagonistic roles.  IIRC, while she's still fought as a boss during the KnK event, Lalter is still fairly friendly during that event and drops some exposition, compared with London, where she's completely mute.

6 minutes ago, redlight said:

Does MHX count?

MHX obviously isn't Altria.  She's questionable as a 'good guy', given that she's kind of a jerk due to being Chaotic.  She's definitely not an antagonist though.

5 hours ago, Water Mage said:

In addition to what @YotsuMaboroshi said, there's also Zero Accel, where while she's not your main ally (that's bigWaver) she does eventually join up with you and helps you beat the baddies.

10 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Shinjuku (technically Salter, though in an ally role instead of antagonist).  Depending on what you mean by 'good guys', the first two summer events might count:  first one has summer Altria as part of the main party of servants, second one has summer Salter as one of the servants in the race, both of which are non-antagonistic roles.  IIRC, while she's still fought as a boss during the KnK event, Lalter is still fairly friendly during that event and drops some exposition, compared with London, where she's completely mute.

MHX obviously isn't Altria.  She's questionable as a 'good guy', given that she's kind of a jerk due to being Chaotic.  She's definitely not an antagonist though.

KnK Lalter is actually one of the more friendly of the freeloader yeah. Her scene is also really funny. Shiki is speechless at the baffling idea of an armor wielding horserider inside a building

I wasn’t counting the special events, mostly the main story. And yeah, Saber Alter is an ally in Shinjuku, but it’s ironic that when the first time Artoria is your ally in the main story, it’s her “dark” version.

Now that I think about it, haven’t all original servants from Fate Stay Night been in the role of antagonists in the main story of Fate/GO? Artoria, Emiya, Chulainn, Medea, Medusa, Heracles have all been antagonists in some form in the main story. That’s actually kinda cool.

Some characters from Zero also appeared as antagonists as well. Gilles in Orleans, Waver and young Iskander in Septem and Diarmuid in North America.

Edited by Water Mage

2 hours ago, Water Mage said:

Now that I think about it, haven’t all original servants from Fate Stay Night been in the role of antagonists in the main story of Fate/GO? Artoria, Emiya, Chulainn, Medea, Medusa, Heracles have all been antagonists in some form in the main story. That’s actually kinda cool.

Some characters from Zero also appeared as antagonists as well. Gilles in Orleans, Waver and young Iskander in Septem and Diarmuid in North America.

You’re actually not too far off. The only servant isn’t involved in anything is Kojiro, BUT 

Spoiler

he’s the final boss of Shimosa, which is the EoR that comes after Agartha that’s the next story in line.

Say, I’m a beginner and low on resources and I’m planning on grinding for embers this week, to make my 8 Lv. 50 Servants go to Lv. 60. Should I wait for each day of the week to gather embers or should I go all out today on random ember day? My Lv. 50 Servants are a Saber, Archer, Lancer, Rider, Caster, Assassin and two special classes and I’m about to start the Solomon chapter. Can my Lv. 50 Servants handle Solomon chapter?

Edited by Water Mage

1 hour ago, Water Mage said:

Say, I’m a beginner and low on resources and I’m planning on grinding for embers this week, to make my 8 Lv. 50 Servants go to Lv. 60. Should I wait for each day of the week to gather embers or should I go all out today on random ember day? My Lv. 50 Servants are a Saber, Archer, Lancer, Rider, Caster, Assassin and two special classes and I’m about to start the Solomon chapter. Can my Lv. 50 Servants handle Solomon chapter?

Personally, if you're trying to level quickly, I'd say stuff whatever embers you get into the servant you're leveling, efficency be damned.  Not sure about whether you'd be able to clear Solomon, though I'm sure if you can find a Bond 10 Herc on your support list it would definitely be doable.

-----

In JP news, the next collab event is going to be Case Files, so that should be interesting to see.  Wonder who we'll get as a Servant other than Gray...

35 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Personally, if you're trying to level quickly, I'd say stuff whatever embers you get into the servant you're leveling, efficency be damned.  Not sure about whether you'd be able to clear Solomon, though I'm sure if you can find a Bond 10 Herc on your support list it would definitely be doable.

-----

In JP news, the next collab event is going to be Case Files, so that should be interesting to see.  Wonder who we'll get as a Servant other than Gray...

To be fair, I’ve only reached Solomon by abusing Command Spells and Friend Supports, not an achievement I’m proud of. I think I level then up to something between 60 and 70 before starting Solomon.

And about Case Files, I believe they had a new version of Jack the Ripper as well, Berserker I believe and that wasn’t a little girl, but didn’t have a real form.

EDIT: Sorry, that second Jack was from Fate/Strage Fake. But I think the Master appears in Case Files.

Edited by Water Mage

18 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

To be fair, I’ve only reached Solomon by abusing Command Spells and Friend Supports, not an achievement I’m proud of. I think I level then up to something between 60 and 70 before starting Solomon.

And about Case Files, I believe they had a new version of Jack the Ripper as well, Berserker I believe and that wasn’t a little girl, but didn’t have a real form.

EDIT: Sorry, that second Jack was from Fate/Strage Fake. But I think the Master appears in Case Files.

Jack is unique as a Servant in Fate in that his 'identity' changes based on the class he's summoned in, since no one knows who was actually JtR (recent potential findings not withstanding).  Assassin Jack will always be the unholy ghost fetus amalgamation we know from Apocrypha, while Zerker Jack is the embodiment of the JtR legend itself, and doesn't have an appearance of his own (that we have seen yet), but can take the appearance of any other possible Jack. 

Flat Escardo is Jack's Master in SF, and does show up as one of Waver's students in Case Files.  I think SF created Flat, then he was used in Case Files, but I'm not entirely sure which came first.  I know that Flat's cameo at the start of the Apocrypha anime was written in specifically for the anime, but I don't know if Flat has the popularity to make it as a Servant (and he's tied up in SF anyways, which I think makes him less likely to show up as long as SF is still being written).

---

Also found more info for the actual next JP event.  SSR Assassin Kama, and the PV features Pavarti, Kiara, Scherezade, Munemori, and Mata Hari as well.  Possible Mata Hari animation update, hopefully?

@Water MageSire has a max bonded Herc. Use his. The way guts works is that if your only servants uses guts then your enemy's turn automatically ends. Herc has a CE that gives him 3 guts. You can use plugsuit to give Herc a bunch of buffs and build up stars for him with assassins and such

@YotsuMaboroshiSo no welfare this event? It seemed like it was going to be Japanese themed (possibly GudaGuda, but those have that title mentioned in them so it doesn't seem to be the case for that line of events), but now it seems to be something incredibly different.

I'm glad ReDrop finally got to design a servant. I've been a fan of their art for a long time

3 minutes ago, redlight said:

So no welfare this event? It seemed like it was going to be Japanese themed (possibly GudaGuda, but those have that title mentioned in them so it doesn't seem to be the case for that line of events), but now it seems to be something incredibly different.

I'm glad ReDrop finally got to design a servant. I've been a fan of their art for a long time

Oh, that's why the art style looked familiar.  I couldn't quite place it.

But no, I haven't seen any mention of a possible welfare.

3 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Oh, that's why the art style looked familiar.  I couldn't quite place it.

But no, I haven't seen any mention of a possible welfare.

That's kinda sad. But possibly a Mata Hari animation update.

Is it possible to get a strengthening quest without being released in batches like all of them usually are. I think Nero got one for the CCC event rerun

2 minutes ago, redlight said:

That's kinda sad. But possibly a Mata Hari animation update.

Is it possible to get a strengthening quest without being released in batches like all of them usually are. I think Nero got one for the CCC event rerun

It's possible, but I think Nero's was the first time they released a Strengthen outside of a batch.  Usually skill or NP up quests outside of the Strengthening batches are released as Interludes (which basically just means they have story attached and go in a different tab).

Possible spoilers regarding Kama

Spoiler

It's possible with the hints dropped in the preview that Kama is Beast III/L. Also, Kama's name is 3 characters in Japanese which corresponds with the 3 characters that Kiara omitted from III/L's name.

Edited by redlight

>Case Files Collab soon.

Please let Gray be ST Lancer Welfare.  Please let Gray be ST Lancer Welfare.  Please let Gray be ST Lancer Welfare.

I need to make absolutely sure I can have her on NA and make sure grailed Waver has grailed bodyguard!

17 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

>Case Files Collab soon.

Please let Gray be ST Lancer Welfare.  Please let Gray be ST Lancer Welfare.  Please let Gray be ST Lancer Welfare.

I need to make absolutely sure I can have her on NA and make sure grailed Waver has grailed bodyguard!

Spoiler

And then she''l be an Assassin 

That seems to be the likeliest of outcomes as we get Type-Moon main characters as welfares. They might also release Faker and/or Kay, but those 2 don't seem all that likely.