Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Managed to grind out 3 claws for Cu in pretty short amount of time. Now I'll just need to grind out some lancer statues when the time comes around.

I meant to play this game but I don't have space on my phone and keep forgetting to delete things. How is it? Worth trying?

I have no prior experience with the Fate series, so may as well ask: what should I watch first, Fate Stay/Night or Fate Zero?

Edited by Xaos Steel Wing

1 hour ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

I meant to play this game but I don't have space on my phone and keep forgetting to delete things. How is it? Worth trying?

I have no prior experience with the Fate series, so may as well ask: what should I watch first, Fate Stay/Night or Fate Zero?

You don't need to know every last Fate work in existence to enjoy the game.  A lot of things are explained through the story.  Heck, my knowledge of Fate is really general and really old, and I can still follow what's going on!

If you don't mind being trolled by random RNG drops, then go for it.  You should have enough early-on to do at least a couple of full pulls, which should net you enough characters to make a half-competent team.

---

Upside: I pulled my first 5*.

Downside: It's not a character.

Upside: I should have the capacity to use it, one day.  Robin Hood's gonna be happy!

Edited by eclipse

4 hours ago, Xaos Steel Wing said:

I find it to be a really enjoyable mobile game.  I've played the Japanese version and am enjoying it again with the English release (mostly because I can actually understand the story this time around).  For a mobile game, it has a pretty decent story I'mstillsadaboutacertaincharacter and is pretty easy to pick up and understand.

And you don't need any prior knowledge of the Fates series to play it.  Knowing about prior Fates stuff will mostly just make you enjoy the fact you get some of your favorite characters and a couple of references and Easter eggs.

But to answer the question of Fate/stay Night or Fate/Zero to watch first, I'd go with Fate/Zero then Fate/stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works series (not the movie version).

Hey, i just started playing recently and i was looking for information

I was lucky enough to draw Medea on my first summons and i heard that she had new animations. but all i see are the same boring white bolts even after i ascended her. is it only in the japanese version?

:also hooooooooly crap how lucky am i that i start playing two days before Gilgamesh is added to the drops. im so excited i could scream

Edited by Aamano

Can finally pick our free 4*.

On 7/5/2017 at 0:20 PM, Aamano said:

Hey, i just started playing recently and i was looking for information

I was lucky enough to draw Medea on my first summons and i heard that she had new animations. but all i see are the same boring white bolts even after i ascended her. is it only in the japanese version?

:also hooooooooly crap how lucky am i that i start playing two days before Gilgamesh is added to the drops. im so excited i could scream

They added some of the animation updates from the Japanese version but not all of them, Medea doesn't have hers yet, sorry.

On 7/1/2017 at 0:32 PM, eclipse said:

Reveal hidden contents

I want to say there's a variant of Berserker Arcrueid, but I'm not sure if she's in the game, or if I even have the right character!

Anyway, I ascended a bunch of my characters.  I don't care if most of them are 3*, they're serving me well NOW.

Berserker Arcueid isn't in FGO as of yet, she's only appeared in Fate/EXTRA.  As of the SE.RA.PH Event in JP version, she's the only EXTRA Servant who hasn't been added yet.

There's nothing wrong with using 3 star Servants.  A lot of them are really good, and most of them are at least serviceable.

I casually rolled Gil with the free tickets they gave out... I kinda wish I had bothered to swap over to story gacha since I prefer the 5* servants in there to Gil but c'est la vie. I will level him up at some point, I'm sure he'll be useful eventually, even if it's just as friend bait.

And yeah, FGO being all PVE, it's more about using favourites than strictly the best servants. REGEND OF THE SAMURAI proves you can get away with a lot.

Huh, got Gil with a summoning ticket...time to level him up I guess. xP

I'm hording Saint Quartz for whenever Scathach gets released though...

EDIT: Oh and I realized I never posted my friend code.  015,794,040

Edited by MediocreLee

Went with Martha for my freebie.  Of the rest:

- No I'm not leveling up d'Eon's Noble Phantasm, utility NP is utility NP.
- With my recent Lancelot pull, I don't need another 4* 'zerker.
- Upping Elisabeth's NP was tempting, but Romulus has a lock on all of my lancer resources until further notice.
- The two assassins did NOT appeal to me, because their NP conditions looked way too difficult.  Since d'Eon's gender is a question mark, I'd love to know how these two assassins interact with my cute little lily!
- Siegfried would compete with d'Eon.  The latter showed up first.
- Much as I adore Emiya (especially his first ascension), I really REALLY like Robin Hood.  I can't see myself replacing him unless I get someone that has better everything (and with 56K damage on a properly-charged-and-aimed Yew Bow, that's a tall order to beat).
- That left Marie and Martha, two characters who I absolutely adore.  In the end, I went with Martha, because she had a hell of a lot of character for what little story she got (unlike. . .d'Eon, which I'm salty about).  'sides, Alexander has the Quick nuke.

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

Went with Martha for my freebie.  Of the rest:
- The two assassins did NOT appeal to me, because their NP conditions looked way too difficult.  Since d'Eon's gender is a question mark, I'd love to know how these two assassins interact with my cute little lily!
- Much as I adore Emiya (especially his first ascension), I really REALLY like Robin Hood.  I can't see myself replacing him unless I get someone that has better everything (and with 56K damage on a properly-charged-and-aimed Yew Bow, that's a tall order to beat).
- That left Marie and Martha, two characters who I absolutely adore.  In the end, I went with Martha, because she had a hell of a lot of character for what little story she got (unlike. . .d'Eon, which I'm salty about).  'sides, Alexander has the Quick nuke.

D'eon isn't affected by any gender-based stuff. So no charming him from Stheno (which affects guys) and no extra damage from Carmilla (which affects girls).

Robin Hood is solid af, and that's not just cause he's my favorite. Emiya only really gets good after his interludes and strengthen quests (something that gets implemented later).

D'eon sorta gets more character I think. He/she really shows up in events as part of Marie's harem. The most recent chapter in the JP version has D'eon as one of the main helpers two.

2 hours ago, Midori Mage said:

D'eon isn't affected by any gender-based stuff. So no charming him from Stheno (which affects guys) and no extra damage from Carmilla (which affects girls).

Robin Hood is solid af, and that's not just cause he's my favorite. Emiya only really gets good after his interludes and strengthen quests (something that gets implemented later).

D'eon sorta gets more character I think. He/she really shows up in events as part of Marie's harem. The most recent chapter in the JP version has D'eon as one of the main helpers two.

Emiya's first interlude and strengthening quest are both available right from the get go, actually.  The only problem is you need to ascend him twice for his strengthening quest and the recommended level to go in there is 70, so I think I won't be able to tackle that for awhile.

Still just grinding dudes on my end, getting everyone up to as high a level as I can.  Half AP cost plus the ridiculous amount of Master EXP the Level 40 grinding quest gives you means I can go almost endlessly without needing to wait.

hrIe2MC.png

This happens when I kind of don't need them for the time being.

My ID is 674,653,620, if you don't mind me mucking up your friend list.

302,111,199 is my fc

I've got Vlad/Lily/EMIYA/OG Cu/Alexander/CasCu/Carmilla/Nyamamo set as my supports.

On 7/8/2017 at 8:31 AM, Emeraldfox said:

My ID is 674,653,620, if you don't mind me mucking up your friend list.

On 7/8/2017 at 5:01 PM, Polydeuces said:

302,111,199 is my fc

I've got Vlad/Lily/EMIYA/OG Cu/Alexander/CasCu/Carmilla/Nyamamo set as my supports.

Sent to both.  ID is Geek, same as here.

On 7/7/2017 at 4:04 PM, eclipse said:

Went with Martha for my freebie

Isn't Martha great?

Started playing a little over a week ago, only did one pull besides the forced one but I got an Imaginary Element from it, so I'm set for now. I'm hoping to do a few more pulls before Gilgamesh leaves, since otherwise I won't have a chance at pulling Lancelot for a while.

FC is 062,476,598

11 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Isn't Martha great?

Started playing a little over a week ago, only did one pull besides the forced one but I got an Imaginary Element from it, so I'm set for now. I'm hoping to do a few more pulls before Gilgamesh leaves, since otherwise I won't have a chance at pulling Lancelot for a while.

FC is 062,476,598

I'll use her when I get enough cost to do so!  She's part of my support team, though~!