Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

David's saved my ass with that harp. But Robin's been useful since the very first draw. 

Now if only I could draw Euryale. -_- Kinda wish I'd stop getting 1* draws all the time. I've gotten a bunch of 1* characters to max NP. (Kojirou, Mata Hari, Mozart, Arash, and Spartacus- I'm looking at you!)  

I'm wondering if the game's gonna wind up doing shit like putting in Alestair Crowley in it. I mean what was the justification for putting Shakespeare and Mozart in it? I get the rest, but how does a playwright and music composer qualify for caster class?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Skurge said:

David's saved my ass with that harp. But Robin's been useful since the very first draw. 

Now if only I could draw Euryale. -_- Kinda wish I'd stop getting 1* draws all the time. I've gotten a bunch of 1* characters to max NP. (Kojirou, Mata Hari, Mozart, Arash, and Spartacus- I'm looking at you!)  

I'm wondering if the game's gonna wind up doing shit like putting in Alestair Crowley in it. I mean what was the justification for putting Shakespeare and Mozart in it? I get the rest, but how does a playwright and music composer qualify for caster class?

IIRC its along the lines of how Author servant's creation is magical or shit like that

Also getting Sabers is tough in this game i'm kinda surprised they didn't give any high quality Wellfare(get out Lilly, come back when you get buffed)

For some reason i actually ended up having most NA Saber lol. Nero is the only unique Saber i didn't have so far

@MrSmokestack Calling Lu Bu and Heracles simmilar is a bit of a stretch tbh. Heracles is Irish Heracles as a Berserker. Lu Bu is more or less Caesar with self heal. Lu Bu is closer to budget Kintoki if anything and its almost as if the only reason Lu Bu is called budget Herac is because theres no other STZERK to make the comparison

8 Claws, 4 Hearts, 4 Dragon Scales, and 6 Crystal is LOL though

As for Kiyohime, her Ascension requirement is GOAT and thats a good enough reason to try her out

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

On 4.11.2017 at 4:16 AM, MrSmokestack said:

Kiyohime is good for farming I guess?

Probably the best one at 3* or lower, especially after her Strengthening Quest which gives a Mana Burst for her NP.
She is also cost-efficient, requiring not that many rare items until her final ascension (4 Reverse scales and 16 Dragon Fangs, RIP).

On 4.11.2017 at 4:47 AM, MrSmokestack said:

He does have the highest Atk out of 3* archers though.

He actually has the 2nd highest Atk of all 3* or lower Servants. Only Lu Bu has higher attack.
Yeah, if his NP was Arts he would be kinda insane. But now he has to share his pain with Emiya for having a really awful deck (why the *** is UBW Buster, not Arts?).

22 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

8 Claws, 4 Hearts, 4 Dragon Scales, and 6 Crystal is LOL though

Well, that can be farmed of the Guda Guda event (with relative ease even). Crystals are relatively common in Okeanos and the other 3 rare items are often offered in Event shops.
The bigger problem is his absurd cost for Skills. 6 Hearts, 8 Reverse Scales, 12 Octuplet Twin Crystals and 60! Hero's Proof for leveling up his skills from 1 to 10.

1 hour ago, Talandar said:

Probably the best one at 3* or lower, especially after her Strengthening Quest which gives a Mana Burst for her NP.
She is also cost-efficient, requiring not that many rare items until her final ascension (4 Reverse scales and 16 Dragon Fangs, RIP).

He actually has the 2nd highest Atk of all 3* or lower Servants. Only Lu Bu has higher attack.
Yeah, if his NP was Arts he would be kinda insane. But now he has to share his pain with Emiya for having a really awful deck (why the *** is UBW Buster, not Arts?).

Well, that can be farmed of the Guda Guda event (with relative ease even). Crystals are relatively common in Okeanos and the other 3 rare items are often offered in Event shops.
The bigger problem is his absurd cost for Skills. 6 Hearts, 8 Reverse Scales, 12 Octuplet Twin Crystals and 60! Hero's Proof for leveling up his skills from 1 to 10.

UBW would be legit somewhat broken if its Arts

.....uhhh yeah we never talk about Archer Arturia

1 hour ago, Talandar said:

Grinding is a pretty inescapable aspect of FGO, but a unit that exists solely to make grinding more convenient and lacks any other utility compared to other units isn’t a very good one in my opinion. After all, grinding is easy enough that you can do it with just about any setup.

Without a hefty amount of dedication and favoritism, Kiyohime falls off pretty hard for more difficult content. Berserker class alone cuts into her durability, as well as her 3* rarity pinning a low HP cap onto her. On the NA server, she has the 5th lowest Atk of all 3* units as well as the lowest Atk of all 3* Berserkers. She relies heavily on her Mana Burst and EX Madness Enhancement to even come close to what would be considered acceptable damage output. Her other two skills, a Def Up and a Def debuff / Atk Up demerit (???) make no sense for a Berserker and don’t help her very much at all.

Hence my apathetic evaluation. More power to you if you like her and use her a lot—she is pretty popular after all. But as far as gameplay is concerned the ceiling is pretty low for her.

I do agree on the fact that Kiyohime isn't good for the harder content. In fact no Servant with an AoE NP is good for these kind of stuff (unless you're 5* then your stats carry you) and her kit itself doesn't help in that part. Lu Bu is of course better for these kind of things.

But she is still a 3* that can make the grinding just a bit faster and doesn't really require much investment. Grinding itself is not difficult sure, but the main problem is still time and patience wich are probably more limited depending on the person.
That makes her the best Servant for grinding with Kaleidoscope/Imaginary Element compared to other alternatives. In fact, everybody should have her (she is the Orleans reward), so if one has EXP cards there is an investment one can do.

imaginary element+Arash+support waver= easy saber exp cards from the dailies

kiyohime seems to require tamamo+support waver+imaginary element to be of any use. it's fun, but kinda a one trick pony.

Edited by Skurge

21 minutes ago, Skurge said:

imaginary element+Arash+support waver= easy saber exp cards from the dailies

After Arash’s strengthen quest he won’t even need a support Waver. He gets an NP gain skill which puts him at full charge when combined with just Kaleidoscope

I run both David and Robin Hood.  They're my headcanon Christmas cavaliers. . .but arrow guys. . .gah, it just made sense in my head, okay? :P:

On a more serious note, they work really well together.  David can patch himself and the party up, while Robin Hood can nerf the opponent's offense even further.  Since both of them have a fair amount of Arts cards, Robin Hood can pop Golden Rule and charge like no one's business.  Gilgamesh/Emiya work really well as support when I farm on Saber days.

I really like David's NP as it is.  I can lead off with it with no regrets (so Martha's is technically better, BUT she has no business being in my party during Saber day, so yeah. . .)

And lastly, I wound up giving Anne & Mary a whirl while screwing around during some quest-or-other.  I respect them for what they can do for my team, even if I don't really like them as characters.  Even at full health, Caribbean Free Bird does respectable damage.

is there any point to upgrading CE's?

can't wait to grab Oda. I'll try a few draws at okita but I doubt I'm gonna get her unless I somehow win that 1% chance again.

the gudaguda event is easy enough with a lvl 40 cu/medusa/lvl 50 ushi, right? I got benkei and mephistopeles in the 30s and ascended once so they'll have some use if need be. Ugh I really need Cu's ascension materials. 

On another note, Shakespeare+Spartacus+Hans is hilarious even if it's not the most efficient team. I can just imagine the comedy routine there.

5 minutes ago, Skurge said:

A fully upgraded CE will have a better effect.  For example, Kaleidoscope gives 80% NP at the start, by default.  At max level, it gives 100% NP.  But the odds of me drawing five of them are pretty low!

EDIT: And leveling them up gives a boost to how much HP/Atk it gives.

Edited by eclipse

23 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I run both David and Robin Hood.  They're my headcanon Christmas cavaliers. . .but arrow guys. . .gah, it just made sense in my head, okay? :P:

On a more serious note, they work really well together.  David can patch himself and the party up, while Robin Hood can nerf the opponent's offense even further.  Since both of them have a fair amount of Arts cards, Robin Hood can pop Golden Rule and charge like no one's business.  Gilgamesh/Emiya work really well as support when I farm on Saber days.

To be fair you're not wrong, they're a pretty good team. Both have the mentioned Arts cards and David is pretty much a cleric. They're both some of the best 3* Archers there are.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

And lastly, I wound up giving Anne & Mary a whirl while screwing around during some quest-or-other.  I respect them for what they can do for my team, even if I don't really like them as characters.  Even at full health, Caribbean Free Bird does respectable damage.

Yeah, the main draw of Anne and Mary is that they're one of only two Riders in the game currently who have a single target Noble Phantasm.  Of course, they'll be completely outclassed once Ozymandias/Ramses is added in Chapter 6.

I'm just wrapping up Okeanos before Guda Guda Honnouji starts.  I'll probably roll for the event CEs if nothing else, since I already have Okita in JP FGO.

The pain, if you forget to complete that 1 Master mission before the reset. That's 1 Quartz less (4 fragments to be more precise) for Scathach.

3 hours ago, Skurge said:

At the beginning, not really. While higher levels grant better Hp/Atk, getting to a relevant level costs a lot of Exp and Qp. If you only care about the effect, you can safely ignore leveling up your CEs and only use it for MLBing. However, FP summons give you tons of 1*-2* CEs you can burn to level up a CE. Getting to the first 20 Level is not that hard.

1 hour ago, dragonlordsd said:

Can anyone explain to me why Scathach is so popular?

I mean, I guess she's the only 5-star lancer we're going to get for months, so I'm going to roll for her, but in terms of fan art, she's basically everywhere.

Because waifu.

But seriously, she has a pretty good personality character wise, she was the advertised lancer, so she got a lot of hype building up to her release (similar to Arjuna), and she has a connection to an already popular character (Cu Chulainn). She's also a top-tier servant gameplay wise, with her and Okita being the powerhouse crit servants until JAlter drops.

Edited by Archer of Red

1 hour ago, Archer of Red said:

Because waifu.

But seriously, she has a pretty good personality character wise, she was the advertised lancer, so she got a lot of hype building up to her release (similar to Arjuna), and she has a connection to an already popular character (Cu Chulainn). She's also a top-tier servant gameplay wise, with her and Okita being the powerhouse crit servants until JAlter drops.

Cool. Well, definitely going to pull for her.

That's the weird thing about FGO as opposed to FEH. For FEH, you don't ever want to Yolo pull, because pity rate means that you actually do increase your odds with each pull, rewarding spending more on one banner.

But for FGO it doesn't matter when you pull the odds are constant.

Edited by dragonlordsd

I used some Summoning Tickets in hopes I would get some new Servants to play with. For 5 Tickets, I got some CE fodder, Darius, and Heracles! Getting Heracles on my last ticket was a pleasant surprise and made the experience worth it.

I'm not really interested in Okita and I plan on trying to save up my Quartz for Scathach. After her, I'm not quite sure who to save up for considering everyone is so spread apart. Maybe Brynhildr and Alter Jeanne?

Rate Up Calendar List - Reference

51 minutes ago, Sire said:

I used some Summoning Tickets in hopes I would get some new Servants to play with. For 5 Tickets, I got some CE fodder, Darius, and Heracles! Getting Heracles on my last ticket was a pleasant surprise and made the experience worth it.

I'm not really interested in Okita and I plan on trying to save up my Quartz for Scathach. After her, I'm not quite sure who to save up for considering everyone is so spread apart. Maybe Brynhildr and Alter Jeanne?

Rate Up Calendar List - Reference

Jeanne alter is a big one to go for, largely because she's both really good and a fairly rare class.

I'd only go for Brynhildr if I fail to get Scathach, but that's just me personally.

Another big reason I'm rolling for Scathach as a F2P is that craft essence is supposed to be really good. I don't have any illusions that I'm actually going to get Scathach, I only have around 10 summon tickets and 120 quartz, but I did get 2 victor from the moons rolling for drake, so I might at least get one fragments.

10 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

Can anyone explain to me why Scathach is so popular?

I mean, I guess she's the only 5-star lancer we're going to get for months, so I'm going to roll for her, but in terms of fan art, she's basically everywhere.

She has a good design.  Among the first Servants revealed her design seems closest in feel to the designs from FSN.  Her appearance and role is also mostly derived from a character from a previous TYPE-MOON work (Aozaki Aoko from Tsukihime, Melty Blood, and Mahou Tsukai no Yoru)

She's also closely connected to Cu, who is a popular character himself, and was actually mentioned in previous Fate/ works though FGO is her first appearance in person so there's already a connection to her.

I read that Tsukihime manga, it was good. Wonder if we'l see Arcrueid in here sometime?

on another note, what would happen if a Shakespeare created character like Falstaff was summoned and interacted with the Caster!Shakespeare?

3 hours ago, Skurge said:

I read that Tsukihime manga, it was good. Wonder if we'l see Arcrueid in here sometime?

on another note, what would happen if a Shakespeare created character like Falstaff was summoned and interacted with the Caster!Shakespeare?

The Tsukihime manga is actually an adaptation of a visual novel.  I've only read one of its routes years ago.  IIRC the devs have expressed an interest in including Arcueid as a Servant, especially since she already appeared as a Servant in Fate/EXTRA.  Supposedly that happening is tied up in the release of the Tsukihime VN remake which has been in development hell for the last seven years.

As for the Shakespeare character appearing as a Servant, I don't think they could appear as a Servant if their creator is also a Servant, though maybe they could if they're based on a real person like Falstaff is.  I think it's more likely they would be summoned as a familiar of the Caster-class Servant similar to how Alice/Nursery Rhyme in EXTRA summons the Jabberwocky as a familiar.

Edited by The Geek

1 hour ago, The Geek said:

As for the Shakespeare character appearing as a Servant, I don't think they could appear as a Servant if their creator is also a Servant, though maybe they could if they're based on a real person like Falstaff is.  I think it's more likely they would be summoned as a familiar of the Caster-class Servant similar to how Alice/Nursery Rhyme in EXTRA summons the Jabberwocky as a familiar.

In the Light Novel "Fate/Strange Fake" Alexander Dumas is a servant.

In Fate/GO, Dumas' arguably most famous character, Edmond Dantes, is a Servant.

So I think a Shakespeare character could easily become a Servant.