Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

45 minutes ago, Talandar said:

Some of you guys really need some RL instead of getting all the EXP, Ascension Materials and Fous.

RL is overrated.

That's a pretty good list. Fergus and Hector could move up while Eric should drop, in my opinion. Spartacus has a much better NP since it ignores Def boosts and doesn't damage him; Eric's NP having that demerit makes no sense at all.

Fergus does his job as a damage dealer, and his "selfish" kit makes him self-sufficient. Having a buster-oriented deck makes him a great alternative to Caesar, though I think the latter is still slightly better due to having a single-target NP.

Hector's NP and steroid is enough to get out of C. It ignores Def and he can BBB which is a lot more than what other units in his tier can say.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Billy the Kid comes with America, the next singularity after London. It came out in March 2016 in JP

Neat, that means we could get it between February and March, like I'm thinking.

1 hour ago, Skurge said:

wait doesn't Lu Bu's attack demerit not apply to existing buffs? I read somewhere that you're supposed to use valor->defense buff.

I think the idea is that you aren’t able to use either skill whenever. You either use both in a specific order, or use Defiant in an emergency only to have Valor miss.

That’s really stretching it though and it shouldn’t be considered a downside.

Edited by MrSmokestack

6 hours ago, Talandar said:

Some of you guys really need some RL instead of getting all the EXP, Ascension Materials and Fous.

To discuss something more or less controversial, I made myself a 'Friend Points Tier List' for FGO based on my experiences and theorycrafting on the US version. That means no Strengthening Quests are included for now and it is limited up to 3* Servants (which are more or less F2P accessible).

I want to share this one since a lot of beginners who don't have the connection to Fate don't have real guidance; in general FGO is kind enough to allow you to pick favorites and be able to clear the content. However without any roots to the franchise it's obviously better to choose Servants that allow to go through the game easier and maybe able to bond with them that way.
So anyways, here's the list and have fun scratching your head off from my twisted logic:

Hide contents

There is no particular order within tiers.

S:
- Robin Hood
- Cu Chulainn (Fate Stay Night)
- Hans Christian Andersen
Pretty obvious, really. All 3 of them can fit in any team and will bring great results.
Hans is the best budget support despite his random factor and thanks to his skill he can fire his NP off the first turn to buff the entire team.
Cu can always be included as back-up and excels to make comebacks in case something went wrong. He is nigh indestrucible thanks to his broken Evade Skill and having a Guts skill in addition to that. His NP deals decent damage with a defense debuff + instant kill chance, complimenting Cu's role.
Robin Hood makes the cut to S despite kinda needing a team that helps him to build up his NP. Otherwise he pretty much functions as a 1-time nuke due to his bad stat distribution and mediocre skills. However that NP damage is so absurdly high that it justifies his place.

A:
- Mash
- Caesar
- Euryale
- David
- Arash
- Cu Chulainn (Prototype)
- Leonidas
- Ushiwakamaru
- St. George
- Medea
- Hassan of the Cursed Arm
- Lu Bu
This tier includes mostly Servants that are either very good in specific compositions, can provide good support or have defined roles that cannot be copied by other Servants. They do have flaws but they aren't that big that they would make unattractive.
I wanted to push Mash to S-Tier but due to her low level cap she really isn't anything but A-Tier material. She is free for any team but she will be too weak for high-level content and she still lacks her Taunt skill to make her shine as a tank.
Caesar and Ushiwakamaru shine as Charisma support and feature a decent ST NP. Unfortunately they are both Quick-based which limits their damage potential somewhat.
David is an even better Support Servant but suffers from a mismatched deck, reducing his damage potential.
Euryale will be an essential Servant later on due to her role as male counter. She will trivialize a lot of the toughest boss fights in the game, which earns her place in the A-Tier.
Arash is known for his role as a suicide bomber. While that may sound like that you have to fight with 5 Servants + 1-time nuke it makes him universally useable in any team that wants to have a quick wave clear.
Proto Cu functions similarly to his original counterparts, trading some of the legendary endurance for the ability to kill Beast-type units like Chimeras. It makes him more situational but he is still a solid Lancer even outside of this role.
Leonidas and St. George are the best tanks you can get at the moment. Both have Taunt and Guts which are essential for a good tank. Their differences are their deck and the way, the taunt is implemented. St. George is more suited for Arts team and has his Taunt right away for 3 turns. Leonidas in the other hand is better for Buster Teams but relies on his NP for the Taunt and only has a 1-turn taunt otherwise.
Medea is an unique Servant that can spam a ST NP which isn't used for its damage but for its buff removal. That makes her incredible useful for fights in which Servants tend to spam Invulnerability, Evade or multiple Buffs.
When it comes to Star generation, Hassan is probably the best low rarity battery you can get. Like Cu he has a broken dodge and his entire kit screams Crit stars. While he has a ST NP he is held back by his low stats.
Lu Bu is often dubbed as discount Heracles. He has the highest attack of any 3* Servant and features a Buster deck with a ST Buster NP. On top of that he can buff his attack with his Valor skill, futher increasing his impressive offensive. However, he is quite frail outside of his defense buff which is detrimental to his damage output and doesn't have an Evade or Guts skill to compensate that.

B:
- Fergus
- Medusa
- Alexander
- Edward Teach
- Mozart
- Jing Ke
- Sasaki Kojirou
- Kiyohime
- Eric Bloodaxe
- Asterios
B-Tier contains all the above-average to mediocre stuff. They are all useable and have some niches that can make them shine.
Fergus is a Saber that copied Lu Bu and learned a thing or two about survival. That makes him useful for Buster teams and he will function decently enough in them. However he lacks the raw damage output of the Berserker class compared to Lu Bu and compared to Caesar he is very selfish outside of his NP.
Medusa and Alexander are both wave clearers with their AoE NP. There is really no big difference though Medusa has an edge over Alexander if you are picky enough to notice that difference.
Blackbeard might be even better due being Buster-based and featuring several attack buffs to bolster his damage output.
Mozart has one clear role; being useful in Arts teams. His deck is heavily Arts-based, his NP dealing hefty debuffs and he can boost Arts cards of the team (e.g. Robin Hood for more overkill). Outside of that he is pretty much a 1* Servant who are defined by their bad stats.
Kojirou is the Savior of France. Pretty much 10/10 in Orleans then falls off due to his low stats. However his entire kit is still very useable which makes him a good cheap pick if you need an Assassin.
Kiyohime and Eric are both Berserkers that provide an AoE NP. Due to their status this makes very effective wave clearers. Outside of that they both feature really weird stats making them less useful for boss fights.
Asterios is a quite unique Berserker since his NP provides debuffs on enemies which lasts a good amount of time. He has decent damage outside of that, his skills and class giving him an edge despite his 1* status.

C:
- Diarmuid
- Hector
- Romulus
- Boudica
- Mephistopheles
- Shakespeare
- Charles-Henri Sanson
- Mata Hari
- Darius
- Spartacus
Servants from this tier range from just medicore to below-average. They aren't that good and there are alternatives in the higher tiers that will perform better.
The 3 Lancers here are all pretty unimpressive and very much outclassed by the Cus. Really, unless you like them there is no reason to use them over the best dogs.
Boudica is plagued by bad stats and only provides defensive buffs with her NP which isn't good enough. She will get better though.
Mephisto has a mismatched deck, a skill set that is all over the place and really bad stats. He really doesn't know what he wants to be.
Shakespeare has a Buster buff which can be useful but he is kinda useless outside of that. Like Boudica he will see some improvements later down the line, becoming a better Support.
Mata Hari and Sanson are budget Assassins that can excel in very specific situations; outside of that they are not really good. Kojiro or Hassan are much better choices.
Darius and Spartacus can clear waves if you don't want to use Kiyohime or Arash for some reason. They both try to be tanky despite being Berserkers which really doesn't work that well for them.

D:
- Gilles (Saber)
- Benkei
- The Phantom of the Opera
- Caligula
These are the worst Servants in the game. Unless you have masochismic tendencies, avoid these at all costs.

where's Caster!Cu? Also the Jing Ke one doesn't have anything written.

I'd go with Spartacus and Bloodaxe swapped. It's easy enough to get Spartacus to np5 within the first month of playing, and if you don't get any decent berserkers (No Lu Bu, Herc, Tamacat) and don't wanna use the free Kiyohime, he's decent enough. 

hmn what about including the event welfare servants? the newbies might like to know what's gonna pop up someday and wait for that.

fuck i keep pulling this knights somethingsomething ce that grants +40% crit damage but with a -def demerit. Doesn't seem like it's worth using.

Edited by Skurge

30 roll gave me nothing.  Even the 4 star Craft Essence I got was one I already had LBed.  Debating whether to do the paid gacha since the cheapest pack to buy that would allow me to roll that gacha would be the $40 one.  And that feels like a lot of money to put into a phone game.

At this point I think I'll wait for the guaranteed gacha that will come around New Years, especially since Scathach, Mordred, and Jack should be on that one.  At the moment the only ones I want from the current pool are Tamamo (because NP2 on Tamamo is very nice) and Jeanne.

EDIT:  Nevermind, I caved.  Got Waver.

Edited by The Geek

37 minutes ago, The Geek said:

30 roll gave me nothing.  Even the 4 star Craft Essence I got was one I already had LBed.  Debating whether to do the paid gacha since the cheapest pack to buy that would allow me to roll that gacha would be the $40 one.  And that feels like a lot of money to put into a phone game.

At this point I think I'll wait for the guaranteed gacha that will come around New Years, especially since Scathach, Mordred, and Jack should be on that one.  At the moment the only ones I want from the current pool are Tamamo (because NP2 on Tamamo is very nice) and Jeanne.

EDIT:  Nevermind, I caved.  Got Waver.

Limited Servants aren't on paid gacha's, with the thus-far exception of the 2nd Anniversary, so no Shishou. There's a separate banner for Limited Servants that isn't paid on New Years.

I don't understand this world anymore.

Got my Paypal account covered and bought the 25, 4 and 1 SQ package for exactly 30 paid SQ.
Rolled on the paid gacha and prayed for a gold Caster card. Got Tamamo no Mae from the Caster card which was exactly what I wanted.
The Scathach banner also gave me Fergus after a 10-roll so I got everything I wanted (except 2030). But what is the price for this? Will I never get Mia in FEH? Or Musashi next year?

11 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

RL is overrated.

That's a pretty good list. Fergus and Hector could move up while Eric should drop, in my opinion. Spartacus has a much better NP since it ignores Def boosts and doesn't damage him; Eric's NP having that demerit makes no sense at all.

Fergus does his job as a damage dealer, and his "selfish" kit makes him self-sufficient. Having a buster-oriented deck makes him a great alternative to Caesar, though I think the latter is still slightly better due to having a single-target NP.

Hector's NP and steroid is enough to get out of C. It ignores Def and he can BBB which is a lot more than what other units in his tier can say.

Yeah, I was thinking about dropping Eric to C-Tier. I was kinda overrating his debuff skill which really doesn't do a lot for now (max 15% debuff) and Darius has the effect on his NP. He probably belongs to C Tier with both of his colleagues.
Fun fact: His NP demerit can actually kill him which could result in hilarous moments (aka moments of suffering).

Fergus, I'm not sure about. He is pretty much a Lu Bu clone who is better defensively due to being not a Berserker and possessing an Evade Skill. However, offensively he doesn't have the multiplier and has far less Atk than him.
Compared to Caesar he lacks or cannot take advantage of his passives and his NP is AoE. Caesar in general can fit in many team while Fergus will probably be really mediocre outside of Buster teams.

What do you mean with steroid? The Mystic Code buff? Anyway, yeah, Hector does a bit more than Diarmuid and Romulus, so he can move up to B-Tier.

9 hours ago, Skurge said:

wait doesn't Lu Bu's attack demerit not apply to existing buffs? I read somewhere that you're supposed to use valor->defense buff.

Defiant has the problem that is affects all attack buffs you want to apply. Obviously it's easy to bypass the restriction for his own skills (Valor then Restless Soul). However, if you want to use team buffs like e.g. Charisma this becomes awkward later on if you have activated Defiant already. This applies to Fergus, too.

6 hours ago, Skurge said:

where's Caster!Cu? Also the Jing Ke one doesn't have anything written.

He is not available from FP summoning.
For F2P it's better if you can get all of these Servants through FP summoning because multiples copies increase their NP level. For Caster!Cu you have to spend Saint Quarz to raise his NP level which isn't really F2P-friendly.

... Oh yeah, forgot about Jing Ke. Need to fix that.

Edited by Talandar

2 hours ago, Talandar said:

Fergus, I'm not sure about. He is pretty much a Lu Bu clone who is better defensively due to being not a Berserker and possessing an Evade Skill. However, offensively he doesn't have the multiplier and has far less Atk than him.

Compared to Caesar he lacks or cannot take advantage of his passives and his NP is AoE. Caesar in general can fit in many team while Fergus will probably be really mediocre outside of Buster teams.

The difference in NP demonstrates the divide; Lu Bu for boss-shredding and Fergus for wave-clearing. Not to mention that the additional tankiness can help Fergus survive up to the point where he can use his NP, which you can't really say for Lu Bu.

I hesitate to compare Fergus to Caesar. Caesar's skill set lends him towards a pseudo-support role, whereas Fergus is a rather self-contained offensive unit. In terms of offensive units, the only Saber other than Fergus is (until Bedivere drops) is Gilles de Rais, and I shouldn't have to say which is better out of those two.

7 hours ago, Skurge said:

hmn what about including the event welfare servants? the newbies might like to know what's gonna pop up someday and wait for that.

In general, there is no reason to skip welfare Servants. Ever.
They are 4* Servants after all and none of them truly betray that (except Saber Lily).

Next year, besides Kintoki, we're getting a strong ST Assassin, a strong AoE Assassin and an Archer that puts Emiya to shame.
All 4 of them will be available pretty much in quick succession.

1 hour ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

I hesitate to compare Fergus to Caesar. Caesar's skill set lends him towards a pseudo-support role, whereas Fergus is a rather self-contained offensive unit. In terms of offensive units, the only Saber other than Fergus is (until Bedivere drops) is Gilles de Rais, and I shouldn't have to say which is better out of those two.

This is the reason why I don't consider Fergus an A-Tier Servant. Caesar having that support role and a ST NP makes him more versatile in any team compared to Fergus who just hits things to death.

Edited by Talandar

17 minutes ago, Talandar said:

This is the reason why I don't consider Fergus an A-Tier Servant. Caesar having that support role and a ST NP makes him more versatile in any team compared to Fergus who just hits things to death.

Well I'm not exactly calling him a top-tier either, just saying that one-to-one comparisons aren't really that useful in a game like this unless both units occupy the exact same role.

Edited by Phillius the Crestfallen

until the end of the year we really only get 3 Welfare servant. I'd probably rank them

Nobu: S

Santa Alter: S

Liz: A(but potentially S)

Both Santa Alter and Liz is kinda boring since they are basically "Star support with AOE NP and a Mana Burst".

Santa Alter is literally just Salter with Charisma traded with a heal + Star gen up combo with 30% droprate even at level 1, so it had some potential shenanigans with high hitcount servant

Liz Innocent Monster is notable, since its nearly on the level of 2 copy of 2030 if maxed + you can pretty much get most of the materials for her if you participate in all 3 events(Ghost Lantern is super common, Bone and Dragon Fang can be farmed from Christmas Box, Dragon Scale also comes from there). Good luck with the 26 Mil QP though

Nobu is just an Archer with AOENP that become STNP when directed to Servant Saber. Also really good NP gain skill. And a really good crit skill. 10/10 only flaw is her somewhat awkward NP gain and lack of evasion skill.

Well on one hand, the account I traded was objectively ten times better than the one I got and I've lost about 4 months of effort in doing it.

But I acquired ma waifu Shishou, so easily worth.

New FC: 961, 944, 081

Edited by Phillius the Crestfallen

Guess your old account wasn’t cutting it for the long Turm, wasn’t it?

I’m bad

Are we allowed to discuss account trading here? I’m considering doing that if I don’t roll Jeanne Alter

Edited by MrSmokestack

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Guess your old account wasn’t cutting it for the long Turm, wasn’t it?

I’m bad

Are we allowed to discuss account trading here? I’m considering doing that if I don’t roll Jeanne Alter

You are bad, you should spend some more Time coming up with jokes before posting.

Fuck you I'm hilarious

I don't see why not, but it'd probably be easier to do it through the Discord.

2 hours ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

Well on one hand, the account I traded was objectively ten times better than the one I got and I've lost about 4 months of effort in doing it.

But I acquired ma waifu Shishou, so easily worth.

New FC: 961, 944, 081

Based on the level you have to start over?
That's a lot of dedication for Scathach.

Btw. sent you a request.

6 hours ago, Talandar said:

I don't understand this world anymore.

Got my Paypal account covered and bought the 25, 4 and 1 SQ package for exactly 30 paid SQ.
Rolled on the paid gacha and prayed for a gold Caster card. Got Tamamo no Mae from the Caster card which was exactly what I wanted.
The Scathach banner also gave me Fergus after a 10-roll so I got everything I wanted (except 2030). But what is the price for this? Will I never get Mia in FEH? Or Musashi next year?

Yeah, I was thinking about dropping Eric to C-Tier. I was kinda overrating his debuff skill which really doesn't do a lot for now (max 15% debuff) and Darius has the effect on his NP. He probably belongs to C Tier with both of his colleagues.
Fun fact: His NP demerit can actually kill him which could result in hilarous moments (aka moments of suffering).

What do you mean with steroid? The Mystic Code buff? Anyway, yeah, Hector does a bit more than Diarmuid and Romulus, so he can move up to B-Tier.

Defiant has the problem that is affects all attack buffs you want to apply. Obviously it's easy to bypass the restriction for his own skills (Valor then Restless Soul). However, if you want to use team buffs like e.g. Charisma this becomes awkward later on if you have activated Defiant already. This applies to Fergus, too.

He is not available from FP summoning.
For F2P it's better if you can get all of these Servants through FP summoning because multiples copies increase their NP level. For Caster!Cu you have to spend Saint Quarz to raise his NP level which isn't really F2P-friendly.

... Oh yeah, forgot about Jing Ke. Need to fix that.

but caster!cu is a freebie that everyone gets. Hell, He's probably someone that new players are gonna use unless they somehow pulled Waver. (But yeah Orleans sucks for casters in general.)

I have the feeling that the story summons are going to have to be rated separately. 

But wait, medea lily is on the current rate up, won't we see salter, caster!gilles, or caster!cu on a banner?