Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

I think I'm just gonna wait until I'm able to feasibly run the 50 AP one with Salter/Jack.

gonna farm for socks. a 15 sock bonus+ five HNS CEs nets me around 170 socks per run. I'm gonna spam the golden apples just to get more skill gems and shit.

kinda wish characters also got exp from the quests too.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack+Nobu+Salter sounds like fun in London.

oh hey finally got my dragons meridian CE to MLB from the FP gacha.

wait fuck i just realized each lottery box gives like 18K in FP

What the actual fuck, that's amazing. 

yay got Diarmud. Idk if you're needed for events, but that's the only hope you have of being invested into! Least you're not another copy of Gilles!

1 hour ago, Skurge said:

yay got Diarmud. Idk if you're needed for events, but that's the only hope you have of being invested into! Least you're not another copy of Gilles!

He's a bonus for the Fate/Zero collab, I think.

In other news, London comes on the 19th.  We can finally farm gears and pages.

Managed to do the 50 AP with my full tryhard team. I didn't even need to use any Command Seals! However, It sucks I can't farm 50 AP properly (I would love to get the misc event drops while farming), but 40 AP is just fine for lotto boxes and Gold Stars. The plan is to get 1000 socks to fully open a box, and then I repeat the process...

...Farming is incredibly dull and boring. I think I went through just two apples before needing to take a break. I got some stuff going on in the background to reduce the tedium, but at times like this I miss the Autobattle function from Fire Emblem: Heroes.

Also, yay for London! I look forward to the new story segments.

I managed to assemble a decent team for 50ap but...

1 - need max limit break sock drop CE and a support with the same

2 - need to pay attention unlike on 40ap.

I run Santa (halloween princess MLB) + suport santa (MLB HNS) + robin (sakura ce) -> Caesar and 2 for sock drops (martha + marie with my cost limit)

bum rush Altera on wave 1, spend any heals / dodge from mystic code and santas... go HAM! I open with poison from robin to reduce their atk power. Watch out for crits from reindeer specially. Should end with robin np charged easily

wave 2 - stall for 1 turn for poison CD -> np carmilla and build np for santas! Ideally you got both, but sometimes only 1

wave 3 - if possible double aoe with mystic code atk up -> gonna kill gil and waver. If not, can wait 1 turn and still be safe from gil BS charge filling skills. If shit going wrong, focus gil and let Caesar join so he can handle Sca.

So far, 9 wins and only 1 or 2 resets to prevent some nasty crits from reindeers =p

fuck i'm gonna be busy with finals and I finish finals by monday.

Which means I'm gonna have to burn my apple stash on monday in a six hour grindfest.

Do any new 3* or lower servants come out with london? I'm gonna see if I can stash 20-50K FP for that. 

well, I'm gonna see what happens if I can pull enough skill gems to max out Nobu's demon king skill. That shit's crazy when combined with Jack.

Fucking Gilgamesh/Waver are a total pain. I had to burn all the command spells but it turns out they couldn't stop the crit machine that's Jack+Salter. Thank God there isn't a fucking God Hand Hercules here. 

Edited by Skurge

19 minutes ago, Skurge said:

fuck i'm gonna be busy with finals and I finish finals by monday.

I’m done with mine so I had nothing to do this week

19 minutes ago, Skurge said:

Do any new 3* or lower servants come out with london?

Jekyll and Hyde, Paracelsus, and Charles Babbage.

The only one that really stands out is Jekyll. You get him for free after finishing London. Instead of having a traditional Noble Phantasm, using it changes his class to Berserker and raises his max HP cap based on NP level, and his Buster effectiveness based on overcharge. As Hyde, his skills have improved effects but his deck and generation stats hold him back until he is able to NP. He is very interesting to grail ascend as his HP cap can exceed even Nightingale’s, clocking in at ~20k HP which is currently the highest in the game when ignoring class advantage; Jeannu obviously has higher effective HP due to Ruler class.

Paracelsus is pretty average. He has a partywide Arts buff but I’d rather use Mozart instead. Babbage is the first in a long line of “offensive” casters and is pretty bad because of it.

Speaking of FP, my “Summon” button now has “999+“ on it while my total amount of FP is well past the 200k mark. Guess I have a decent chance at getting Angra Mainyu for the Accel event?

I’ve been using the exp cards and skill gems to get the card effectiveness skills up on my Santa Alter and Tamamo, as well as finishing up ascensions on my lower-leveled units. I love infinite grinding. Nobu’s Demon King is great, so I got that leveled too.

Ah, the joys of being done with my college days. Now if only I could find a proper job...

As for farming, I think I average about 1 full lotto box an hour (1000 socks) farming 40 AP with my setup. EXP Cards are currently being pumped into Nobu to get her up to 80, and then I'll probably work on Cu (FSN) since I finally got him. The main thing holding me back is ascension materials. I may need to take a break to farm Silver Bells for those Class Pieces...

15 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I’m done with mine so I had nothing to do this week

Jekyll and Hyde, Paracelsus, and Charles Babbage.

The only one that really stands out is Jekyll. You get him for free after finishing London. Instead of having a traditional Noble Phantasm, using it changes his class to Berserker and raises his max HP cap based on NP level, and his Buster effectiveness based on overcharge. As Hyde, his skills have improved effects but his deck and generation stats hold him back until he is able to NP. He is very interesting to grail ascend as his HP cap can exceed even Nightingale’s, clocking in at ~20k HP which is currently the highest in the game when ignoring class advantage; Jeannu obviously has higher effective HP due to Ruler class.

Paracelsus is pretty average. He has a partywide Arts buff but I’d rather use Mozart instead. Babbage is the first in a long line of “offensive” casters and is pretty bad because of it.

Speaking of FP, my “Summon” button now has “999+“ on it while my total amount of FP is well past the 200k mark. Guess I have a decent chance at getting Angra Mainyu for the Accel event?

I’ve been using the exp cards and skill gems to get the card effectiveness skills up on my Santa Alter and Tamamo, as well as finishing up ascensions on my lower-leveled units. I love infinite grinding. Nobu’s Demon King is great, so I got that leveled too.

Yeah but if I were to run 30-40k worth of FP during the london release banner, I'm guessing there's a higher chance of grabbing a 3*. Besides I'm curious as to how Jekyll works anyways. Besides I wanna get Medusa to np5. I ain't even using Alexander and he hit np5 fast as shit.

Babbage sounds like he could be fun, but sucks due to gameplay mechanics.

I'm kinda wondering how Mordred/Fran/Tesla does. I'm not too concerned with rolling for fran/tesla because I have Tamacat+Vlad and Nobu+The 3* Archer Trio. Mordred does interest me since I just caught up on watching fate apocrypha. 

Edited by Skurge

13 hours ago, Skurge said:

Yeah but if I were to run 30-40k worth of FP during the london release banner, I'm guessing there's a higher chance of grabbing a 3*. Besides I'm curious as to how Jekyll works anyways. Besides I wanna get Medusa to np5. I ain't even using Alexander and he hit np5 fast as shit.

Babbage sounds like he could be fun, but sucks due to gameplay mechanics.

I'm kinda wondering how Mordred/Fran/Tesla does. I'm not too concerned with rolling for fran/tesla because I have Tamacat+Vlad and Nobu+The 3* Archer Trio. Mordred does interest me since I just caught up on watching fate apocrypha. 

On FP gacha there are no rate-ups! So do not expect new released servants to be easier to acquire!

Mordred is a beatstick aoe saber - got a def up + np charge but miss charisma when compared with her chichiue.

Fran is good at farming hands, but thats pretty much it. Her self stun np kinda makes her hard to use outside farming - and even with a skill adding to her np gen, with 1 quick + arts deck it is still gruesome to charge np more then once

Tesla I can`t talk much but he looks like a solid unit and even gets a strenghtening quest later on.

Babbage looks awesome!! making mecha robotic sounds and looking cool!

He is an offensive caster with tons of HP... not so much ATK

After his strengthening quest his buff lasts 3 turns, so more manageable but still prob avg considering caster modifiers

But I`ll also use mine!!! Gonna maul those evil assassins down =D

18 hours ago, QKumber said:

On FP gacha there are no rate-ups! So do not expect new released servants to be easier to acquire!

Mordred is a beatstick aoe saber - got a def up + np charge but miss charisma when compared with her chichiue.

Fran is good at farming hands, but thats pretty much it. Her self stun np kinda makes her hard to use outside farming - and even with a skill adding to her np gen, with 1 quick + arts deck it is still gruesome to charge np more then once

Tesla I can`t talk much but he looks like a solid unit and even gets a strenghtening quest later on.

Babbage looks awesome!! making mecha robotic sounds and looking cool!

well yeah but with the massive amount of FP from the lottery, I should eventually hit a 3*

Man I hope i pull fergus. All I got for sabers is D'Eon, Caesar, and Gilles. Don't wanna have to pump up gilles for saber wars. d'Eon's just waiting for a bunch of saber pieces to hit the second ascension. Babbage/Jekyll sound fun to play because of the designs, but I've already dumped all of my assassin/caster pieces into jack, tamamo, and nursery rhyme.

How bad is paracelsus? 

26 minutes ago, Skurge said:

well yeah but with the massive amount of FP from the lottery, I should eventually hit a 3*

Hahahaha

The sq gacha spoiled you didn't it

26 minutes ago, Skurge said:

How bad is paracelsus? 

Not as bad as Babbage and Geronimo, at least. He's not "bad" at all really.

I'm going to have to ascend my Saber Lily and get Seeds for her, with Gilles chilling in the back for points unless I get Fergus too.

I keep seeing geronimo being talked about as one of the worst servants in game. How badly did DW fuck him up?

The SQ gacha keeps spoiling me. I don't question it for I have no waifu.

Edited by Skurge

Geronimo is another "offensive" caster like Babbage. He has three self-buffs that only last one turn, and offer nothing else to support the team. His Noble Phantasm is decent, but as a story servant it's not likely to go higher than NP1, and can be replicated by other casters that have a kit that is actually suited to a supporting role. He doesn't even have the damage output to compensate for running such a selfish kit that other, more powerful units would normally use.

That's one explanation. The one I prefer is:

Helena's 3rd skill is Geronimo's entire kit, threefold.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Geronimo is another "offensive" caster like Babbage. He has three self-buffs that only last one turn, and offer nothing else to support the team. His Noble Phantasm is decent, but as a story servant it's not likely to go higher than NP1, and can be replicated by other casters that have a kit that is actually suited to a supporting role. He doesn't even have the damage output to compensate for running such a selfish kit that other, more powerful units would normally use.

That's one explanation. The one I prefer is:

I get the feeling that Medea/Caster!Liz are the best options for offensive casters at this point.  What was the point of Mephistopheles again? I swear he's supposed to be offensive, but his damage output isn't really all that good, and his NP's debuffs aren't guaranteed. 

Got Medea's rapid words to rank 6 for the auto 100%. Now if I could only get Tamamo to her third ascension!

I'm wondering if pumping Jack's third skill up is worth it. Of course I need more ascension materials, but Jack's pretty much my go-to Assassin now. I've come to the conclusion that Nursery Rhyme isn't all that good unless you wanna run a team that's dedicated to supporting her. She's dead weight when all the skills are on cooldown. Well, least she's somewhat bulky with the defense boost and heal. 

I'm thinking of building up St. George for a taunt tank since I use a lot of arts centered servants. Both STG and Leonidas are sitting on their third ascensions right now, but Saber Wars doesn't exactly sound like something Leonidas wants to be in, at all. 

Edited by Skurge

If you can get skills to lvl6. The reduced CD is a major boost. Enjoy christmas lotto and farm the mats >D

I don`t believe we will be needing taunters anytime soon, since all content released so far is pretty easy to clear so 3rd asc Georgios / Leonidas should suffice for now. You might wanna consider raise Saber Lily at least to combat lvl since she gets a huge bonus for Saber wars - at least 60.

2 hours ago, Skurge said:

I get the feeling that Medea/Caster!Liz are the best options for offensive casters at this point.  What was the point of Mephistopheles again?

He can do this:

But yeah he's not very good. Medea and Caster Liz are all you're really going to need--or have really--for a while in the offensive caster department unless you want Xuanzang or Caster Nero.

Support Caster is flooded with tons of candidates though, of all rarities: Hans, Mozart, Shakespeare, Tamamo, Waver, Merlin, Helena, Paracelsus, Gilgamesh...the list goes on.

This event has helped me max ascend a total of nearly 20 units. I'm good in the Taunt department with d'Eon, Leonidas, and Georgios maxed, and I'm really liking how well-rounded my roster is. I want to get a head start on the next event though and use my remaining AP until I get 7 horseshoes and 15 seeds from 10AP. I've grinded enough socks for opening 26 boxes, and while I'd like more I'm not sure if that's more important than getting Medusa and Lily ready for future events.

Edited by MrSmokestack

15 hours ago, QKumber said:

If you can get skills to lvl6. The reduced CD is a major boost. Enjoy christmas lotto and farm the mats >D

I don`t believe we will be needing taunters anytime soon, since all content released so far is pretty easy to clear so 3rd asc Georgios / Leonidas should suffice for now. You might wanna consider raise Saber Lily at least to combat lvl since she gets a huge bonus for Saber wars - at least 60.

I don't have Saber Lilly.

Is she the welfare for saber wars and do we get her at the start?

He can do this:

But yeah he's not very good. Medea and Caster Liz are all you're really going to need--or have really--for a while in the offensive caster department unless you want Xuanzang or Caster Nero.

Support Caster is flooded with tons of candidates though, of all rarities: Hans, Mozart, Shakespeare, Tamamo, Waver, Merlin, Helena, Paracelsus, Gilgamesh...the list goes on.

This event has helped me max ascend a total of nearly 20 units. I'm good in the Taunt department with d'Eon, Leonidas, and Georgios maxed, and I'm really liking how well-rounded my roster is. I want to get a head start on the next event though and use my remaining AP until I get 7 horseshoes and 15 seeds from 10AP. I've grinded enough socks for opening 26 boxes, and while I'd like more I'm not sure if that's more important than getting Medusa and Lily ready for future events.

How the fuck does Gilgamesh even work as a support caster. I'd think he'd just open those gates and beam spam.

I've heard that Merlin kinda broke JP in half.

I've started to break past the level 50 mark with this event. Nobu/Liz/Jack/Salter hit level 70, while Tamamo/Vlad are stuck at 60 until i get more mats. STG/Leonidas are chilling at third ascension.

Cu/Ushi/Medusa/Tamacat/Nursery Rhyme are waiting to get exp to go from 50-> 60. Hans/Robin want more exp to hit their final ascension caps. 

Alexander/Medea Lilly/Caesar/d'Eon/David/Euryale are just waiting to get ascended. Gotta git more pages, gears, and saber pieces. Lu Bu/Medea is sitting in the back waiting for pieces to hit their second ascensions!  Kojirou and Hassan got outplaced by Jack and are reaaaallly low on the list for getting mats. Though both are around the mid 40s. 

I might have dumped resources a little wide, but I certainly didn't expect to wind up with an NP5 Alexander to use. Hans/Medea/Medea Lilly/Tamamo/Nursery Rhyme ate all the caster pieces in the shop.  Somehow I pulled every caster so far, except for Waver.

I don't know if I should continue raising Tamacat since Ive gotten Vlad+Lu Bu. I could just get her to 3rd ascension for that last skill and use her for farming. 

Caesar/d'Eon are getting ascended asap, but I'm wondering if I should pump up some others as well. David's getting left behind for now since I just use him for the AoE Dodge.

59 minutes ago, Skurge said:

I don't have Saber Lilly.

Is she the welfare for saber wars and do we get her at the start?

Both. She is the freebie 4* everyone gets if they downloaded the game at launch, but she became available again during Saber Wars. This lets you NP5 her, but that doesn't stop her from being a terrible unit in general.

How the fuck does Gilgamesh even work as a support caster. I'd think he'd just open those gates and beam spam.

He has a teamwide Arts buff and a really good NP. Definitely worth using once he comes out in NA. And he's only a 4* too.

I've heard that Merlin kinda broke JP in half.

Merlin made Buster crit viable while also rendering an entire card type completely obsolete. The 5* units that NA people are going gaga over right now--Shishou, Okita, and Jack--all became less valuable once Merlin was introduced. There's three big reasons that need to be taken together:

• Fragments of 2030. This 5* CE generates 8-10 crit stars every turn, forever. It's been in NA for a while now, and it definitely helps supplement the stargen of Quick units like Okita and Hassan quite nicely. But anyone can equip it, and sufficient stacking, even just two or three copies, can render a stargenning unit redundant in a team.
  • Garden of Avalon, Merlin's NP. This skill not only gives HP per turn and NP per turn, but depending on overcharge it also gives stars per turn to Merlin. It benefits greatly from being overcharged, as even at 300% it gives 15 crit stars, plus 8 or 10 if you have 2030. So that's one unit genning 13-23 crit stars...for doing absolutely nothing at all. Double Merlin can pump that to 46 if you have one of their NPs leveled up. And of course, the NP per turn combined with his Caster deck and Arts chains on a proper team allow for repeated usage of his NP.
  • Hero Creation EX. Merlin's 3rd skill puts the final nail in the coffin for Quick teams by favoring compositions with a Buster DPS. Ignore the Buster Up and Max HP for a second and look at the scaling for its Critical Strength buff. It's 50% at Lv. 1. Waver gives that much with Discerning Eye at Lv. 10. That should be sufficient to show the divide between the two skills much like Saber Lily and Ushi's NP gain skills compared to Nobu's. And at Lv. 10, that becomes 100% to crit strength, without factoring in any other crit strength skills, like Jeanne Alter's Self Modification EX, for instance. Quick cards tend to make crit stars go to waste because of the 0.8x modifier to damage that Quick cards suffer from already, but on Buster cards the damage that you can output after stacking crit strength and buster up after getting Merlin's crit engine going is just dumb. Crit weight is no biggie when you can just make 50 stars pop into existence.

tl;dr Merlin is broken

Caesar/d'Eon are getting ascended asap, but I'm wondering if I should pump up some others as well. David's getting left behind for now since I just use him for the AoE Dodge.

I'd definitely get David maxed after maxing Tamamo. He's great.

In a nutshell, Merlin is basically the one guy that renders almost every other support caster bar Hans/Waver/Tamamo obsolete. 

fucking hero creation sounds like it'd make anyone broken. 

I'd laugh if someone introduced a female merlin that was somehow even more broken.