• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9.12.2017 at 5:05 PM, QKumber said:

box number 45

On 9.12.2017 at 6:12 PM, MrSmokestack said:

29th box

On 9.12.2017 at 9:23 PM, Sire said:

box 13

I feel like a casual now. Just started my 11th box and I have still a couple of Silver and all of my Gold apples to go.
At this rate I'm fortunate if I pass the 20th mark at all before the event ends.

I’m not going to be able to clear my 35th box completely before the event is over.

@Talandar There are people, at least one of them I know, with over 50 boxes cleared and counting. Some have even hit 70+ boxes. Most that overachieve with box counts like that use macros like Switch Control on iOS or mirroring apps like SideSync so they don’t break their touch screens tapping the 10 roll button over and over.

I think the most interesting thing to have come from this event is this, though:

1U7GeUq.png

That came from a guy aiming to clear 300 boxes. Geez.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 hour ago, Talandar said:

I feel like a casual now. Just started my 11th box and I have still a couple of Silver and all of my Gold apples to go.
At this rate I'm fortunate if I pass the 20th mark at all before the event ends.

Don't worry about it, at time of writing I haven't even cleared No. 6 (mostly cause I stopped caring after I got the Grand Prizes).

17 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

Don't worry about it, at time of writing I haven't even cleared No. 6 (mostly cause I stopped caring after I got the Grand Prizes).

You’ll start caring when it takes upwards of 100 million QP to max one unit!

In all seriousness though, this is the best event NA will have for a while and nothing comes even close until the next lottery, in my humble opinion.

9 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

You’ll start caring when it takes upwards of 100 million QP to max one unit!

I've played Warframe, WoW, and SWTOR in the past, the grind in this game means nothing to me.

I have a different plan for getting the Mona Lisa's is that's what you mean by this, so I'm not too fused.

10 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

In all seriousness though, this is the best event NA will have for a while and nothing comes even close until the next lottery, in my humble opinion.

Oh don't get me wrong, I do like the event. But between Uni, family stuff for Christmas, and FGO JP I haven't been able to pay as much attention to this event as I would've liked, especially when I needed to rush the main story in JP.

19 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

I have a different plan for getting the Mona Lisa's is that's what you mean by this, so I'm not too fused.

I only have 1 copy so far, and am halfway to the second one. I’m a bit worried about when the KnK event is going to be released, since that gives out tons of mana prisms but it comes really close to when the Mona Lisas are removed from the shop.

30AP is the worst thing ever and it wastes exp that could be used for leveling units, so I don’t want to resort to that.

What’s your profile icon by the way?

Edited by MrSmokestack

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I only have 1 copy so far, and am halfway to the second one. I’m a bit worried about when the KnK event is going to be released, since that gives out tons of mana prisms but it comes really close to when the Mona Lisas are removed from the shop.

Eh, they get added back into the Rare Mana Prism shop at a reduced cost latter (1000 a piece instead of increasing by 200), although I think you get refunded for for the extra prisms you spend. Having to burn SRs is a bit of a pain, but it isn't too hard. I got enough within two weeks on the JP with a Fionn and two Tamamo Cats (sorry Emerald).

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

30AP is the worst thing ever and it wastes exp that could be used for leveling units, so I don’t want to resort to that.

For KnK or this one?

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

What’s your profile icon by the way?

Sir Daniel Fortesque from Medievil, which is my favourite game of all time. They announced a 4k Remake of it at PSX

17 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

Having to burn SRs is a bit of a pain, but it isn't too hard. I got enough within two weeks on the JP with a Fionn and two Tamamo Cats (sorry Emerald).

No wonder Tamamo rejected your summons back in October

For KnK or this one?

Some idiots were telling people to run 30AP Ember dailies when the news on the Mona Lisa CE being released alongside the 5* gacha first dropped, since it’s the most “efficient” for grinding mana prisms. It is still significantly less efficient than waiting on events that explicity give out mana prisms like Almost Weekly Santa Alter and the KnK collab, though, especially when the gold exp can be used to level up bonus units or anyone else the player needs after rolling the gacha in the week between GUDAGUDA and Almost Weekly. A terrible way to spend 1/2AP, honestly.

Sir Daniel Fortesque from Medievil, which is my favourite game of all time. They announced a 4k Remake of it at PSX

Good to hear! Hope you enjoy the remake when it comes out.

I’m still waiting for news on FE Switch before I go buy one. Or I’ll just get Fate/Extella from Steam and call it a day.

Edited by MrSmokestack

14 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

No wonder Tamamo rejected your summons back in October.

Bruh, burning the feikah is a show of dedication.

15 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Some idiots were telling people to run 30AP Ember dailies when the news on the Mona Lisa CE being released alongside the 5* gacha first dropped, since it’s the most “efficient” for grinding mana prisms. It is still significantly less efficient than waiting on events that explicity give out mana prisms like Almost Weekly Santa Alter and the KnK collab, though, especially when the gold exp can be used to level up bonus units or anyone else the player needs after rolling the gacha in the week between GUDAGUDA and Almost Weekly. A terrible way to spend 1/2AP, honestly.

I dunno, realistically speaking there's no reason why you can't do both imo, especially if you don't have any servants you particularly want to raise. Burning embers is something I don't think you can conclusively state is a bad strategy imo.

28 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

Eh, they get added back into the Rare Mana Prism shop at a reduced cost latter (1000 a piece instead of increasing by 200), although I think you get refunded for for the extra prisms you spend. Having to burn SRs is a bit of a pain, but it isn't too hard. I got enough within two weeks on the JP with a Fionn and two Tamamo Cats (sorry Emerald).

Friendly reminder to find a way and give me your extra Tamamo Cats.

I gave up on the event after I got all of the chicken and cards for Santa Alter. Well, not before I got the Crystalized Lore from the 50AP qust. Right now I'm just getting enough Mana Prisims to clear the store of it's Fous. Other than that I'm just waiting for London. I'm also debating on doing a 10 pull on the Septem banner later this week to try to get an extra Liz and Nero.

13 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

Bruh, burning the feikah is a show of dedication.

Tamamo Cat is one of the tails Tamamo-No-Mae shed in order to redeem herself. The game's description of the Cat even states that she is an extension of the original Tamamo's personality. If you can't accept even one part of her, you have no right to the rest.

13 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

I dunno, realistically speaking there's no reason why you can't do both imo, especially if you don't have any servants you particularly want to raise. Burning embers is something I don't think you can conclusively state is a bad strategy imo.

There is probably some fringe scenario where burning gold embers is a good idea, but honestly there are better uses for your AP than grinding mana prisms at a snail's pace. You need ascension mats. You need QP. You need all the exp you can get to level a unit to their cap, especially if you roll a 5* unexpectedly. I had a massive hoard of exp cards in the days leading up to Santa Alter's release, and even then that stash was only enough to get her a couple levels shy of 80. You can never have enough exp.

Unless you lucked out or spent money on an event to get one or more bonus units, your alternative is to raise one of the lower-rarity characters to a usable level. And they need as much EXP as anybody.

Ending the event with 15 1/2 present boxes. My goal was 20, so meh. Should have started spending the gold appples a bit sooner, now I still have 50 to spare. I suppose Saber Wars or the Da Vinci lotto will be the one where I will burn them eventually.

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Tamamo Cat is one of the tails Tamamo-No-Mae shed in order to redeem herself. The game's description of the Cat even states that she is an extension of the original Tamamo's personality. If you can't accept even one part of her, you have no right to the rest.

Ah, but if she shed that tail in order to redeem herself, then she obviously doesn't care for it. I'm just following suit.

I ended up just finishing 13 cleared boxes with the 14th in progress (one more box than my previous post). I farmed a decent amount, but not having a Jack, Nursery Rhyme, Martha, or Marie hurt me a lot. In the end, I decided that further hardcore farming and spending more apples was not really worth it.

maxed out cu and ushi.

got enough pieces from the shop to ascend tamamo/medusa/jack again once i get more mats.

waiting for london to come with gears, pages, and babies. Tamacat/Caesar/etc. wanna be ascended too.

fuck I'm tempted to try my luck in the okeanos gacha but i think I'd rather just wait for the london or saber wars one.

15 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

Ah, but if she shed that tail in order to redeem herself, then she obviously doesn't care for it. I'm just following suit.

There wouldn’t have been a need to shed that tail or any of the others if it meant nothing. Tamamo’s nine tails represent her divinity, and she gave all of them up out of guilt. If she didn’t care about whether or not she had her tails, she wouldn’t have gone through those 1,000 years of training in order to grow them back. It’s not like shedding skin.

I made it to box 35 before I completely ran out of apples. Now to grind the 7AP in Orleans for seeds...

@QKumber Are you going to use a macro? That’s a lot of boxes you still need to open, geez.

I got baited by the Fuyuki Pick-Up Summon. The 75 day Log-In bonus gave me 10 more Quartz which brought me exactly to 30.
Goal was to get Caster!Cu back and one of Heracles, Emiya or Saber Alter. The former two are for NP level, SAlter is for having a 4* Saber in the long run (since I only have Caesar and Fergus).

Results are:
- 2x Caster Cu (one goal met)
- 2x Caesar (my Caesar is at NP1 so cool)
- 2x Ushiwakamaru (finally got her to NP5)
- 1x Anchor aweigh (disgusting)
- 1x Divine Banqut (meh, I already have one)
- 1x Gandr (... well, now I have MLB'd this one)
- 1x Prisma Kosmos (this is pretty nice)

So yeah, I can't complain about this pull. My mistake sending Cu away is now remedied and a cool 5* CE grazed my collection. Now it's time to hoard SQ for our King.

done redeeming all socks! kept some healthy 240 exp cards on treasure and filled second archive!! considering grailing my Loved Scathach after I clear septem + okeanos and rush her to 100!

I won`t even look at the banners...I could be baited with Drake banner - might try to roll for her on valentines! not sooner then that since wallet kun took a hit on sca banner >D

@Talandar: Divine banquet is a pretty decent CE! specially usefull when MLB! you bound to get spooked by those later down the road - I use it with my tamamo for exemple!

and prisma cosmos looks to be an awesome CE indeed!! Jealous =D

I can confirm. Prisma Cosmos was my first 5* CE, and it works well with units that either have poor NP gain like Tamamo, or that can stack with other NP per turn effects, like with Merlin’s NP or Self-Replenishment (Magic) passive skill on Avengers.

Divine Banquet is nasty especially when you can combine it with crits or NP refund. Nobu and Okita in particular can benefit from it because of their high hitcounts and star absorption. Hans can also use it if you want more frequent NP usage.

Anyone else farming for pieces and Sq from interludes right now?

I'm planning on having one roll on the new years gacha to try my luck at getting someone.

Might try to get paid quartz for a guaranteed ssr but idk if I'll be able to.

After new years I'm stashing Sq for the valentine's day gacha. Wouldn't be the worst idea to try for Nero, Nero bride, scatach, or whomever does pop up from it.

Saving my fp for the release of the new trio of silver rarity servants next week. I know it's unlikely I'll get them but it's worth a shot. Paracelsus in particular has that juicy third skill.

Edited by Skurge