Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

27 minutes ago, Skurge said:

I just looked up the prisma illya stuff

hmn fuck

a magical girl series that sounds fun.

Now I wonder how they'll do the whole archer and shirou being the same person thing.

There is a lot of fanservice in Prism Illya, but that aside I found it to be a rather entertaining series. I found it refreshing to watch after marathoning through Fate/Zero. The fight sequences are okay (the best one is arguably the first one with Archer Illya vs Saber Alter), and the overall story gets better with each season. Kuro herself only starts appearing in Season 2 and onward.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

I’ve had Asterios max ascended for a while now actually. The only thing holding him back really is his low stats. His kit is really solid and he gets an absurd strengthen skill to play with later on, and his NP gives him potential to solo if he can use it more than once every few turns.

Freebie Arts archer with STNP5. She borrows Projection from EMIYA’s kit but she works well as a crit damage dealer with her first and third skills.

Arts brave chain to refill her NP seemsgood

Also, Emiya Shirou and EMIYA are not the same character. There’s tons of Emiya’s in the Nasuverse apparently.

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner I’d still pick Kuro because la grille NP usage becomes everything later on. After strengthening they’ll both be Arts archers with crit potential, but Kuro is much better for bossing because of her NP and how easily she can fill it back up in a NPAA crit brave chain

The only advantage EMIYA has is being a freebie if you rerolled or picked him for starter support, as well as being a bonus unit in several events. Kuro is not only also guaranteed but is also going to have NP5. He can’t really compete with that.

well arash and kojirou don't really seem to be worth grailing to me, and in as much as I'd like to attempt it; Mata Hari is probably going to be lackluster.

hmn gee whiz I have the feeling that kuro goes good with Emiya.

Just now, Sire said:

There is a lot of fanservice in Prism Illya, but that aside I found it to be a rather entertaining series. I found it refreshing to watch after marathoning through Fate/Zero. The fight sequences are okay (the best one is arguably the first one with Archer Illya vs Saber Alter), and the overall story gets better with each season. Kuro herself only starts appearing in Season 2 and onward.

do we get someone using a rider card with astolfo and getting a penis?

6 minutes ago, Skurge said:

well arash and kojirou don't really seem to be worth grailing to me, and in as much as I'd like to attempt it; Mata Hari is probably going to be lackluster.

hmn gee whiz I have the feeling that kuro goes good with Emiya.

not yet but maybe in the future!

@MrSmokestack Also i forgot to reply on that

You are underestimating how ridiculous the Mitigation problem in Brave Frontier really is lol. The real problem of damage mitigation in Brave Frontier is that the game was already broken by Felneus who allows you to spam their BB or their NP stand in every single turn, and that NP nearly refills itself with that buff as well

Obviously when they released a unit who could half every single damage for a turn, that can be spammed every single turn, and released alongside an improved version of said Felneus, the game is broken since the only way to balance out 50% damage reduction is to make content deals near twice as much damage constantly, which culminates into the release of the infamous Maxwell Trial which is designed with Damage Mitigation as primary assumption. Its possible to beat Maxwell without mitigation but doing so requires you to have top rate BB and double damage mitigation leader since Maxwell for some god forsaken reason IGNORES defense on top of doing some high octane damage output

That is what ended up being the issue, funny enough the "post Maxwell" era manage to balance around said mitigation and they introduced a non spammable, more potent version of mitigation that need to be timed properly(as that kind of buff should be)

And then this

http://bravefrontierglobal.wikia.com/wiki/Soul_Reaver_Laberd

Happened later down the line and everything become completely retarded.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner Wow, I didn't know that. I've never played Brave Frontier so I was just making a general statement. 

Also in pokemon damage mitigation sucks unless its used for Hyper offensive purpose what gives

sneaky pebbles did nothing wrong, sharp object is already broken

11 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Also in pokemon damage mitigation sucks unless its used for Hyper offensive purpose what gives

KO'ing the enemy is always the best damage mitigation. Dead opponents do 0 damage after all!

Cu, David, and Hassan all have terrible Bond 10 CEs though.

The good ones to look out for usually give 15% to effectiveness of a certain card type for the entire team. d'Eon, Hood, and Tamamo all have a +15% Arts buff to the team on their Bond 10 CE. NP Strength CEs can be decent but they're weaker than Heaven's Feel / Black Grail and don't come with a starting NP bonus like with Halloween Princess. Atk buffs like with Altera are also okay but they would probably get more use out of another CE. Georgios in particular has a really good Bond 10 CE though; it gives Invincibility to his allies for one hit and applies a 1,000 cut to damage taken for three turns if when he is defeated.

Instant kill is the most useless debuff in the entire game, because of how the game calculates instant death chance. I could throw up a bunch of numbers, but the gist is that it works sometimes on generic mooks and basically never against servants and bosses. We're talking like less than 1% normally and only barely above that in the absolute best scenarios.

See this for more:

Spoiler

The most important thing to take into consideration is that the death rates you see for servants on wikis and stuff applies only to that servant when they're controlled by the player. In other words enemies with instant kill abilities will use those rates to determine whether they will proc instant kill on your units or not. In addition, enemies don't exactly have the same stats as their playable equivalents; they can have different classes, different amounts of HP, and even differing patterns of behavior. Their death rates are naturally also not the same.

It's also why Old Man of the Mountain is such a PITA to face as an enemy due to his passive skills, but that's neither here nor there.

Edited by MrSmokestack

The thing with Bond CE is though that only the provider can use it.
That's why Tamamo's or Robin's are considered good because it works for their Arts Teams while stuff like Cu's or Emiya's are pretty bad since it doesn't help them in their role.
But in general Bond CE's aren't really worth it, at least if you have access to 5* CEs. Even Tamano and Robin have better options in that regard.

Heracles' has the best one and there is nothing better for him. It singlehandely fixes his entire problem as a Berserker.

2 hours ago, Skurge said:

Not to my knowledge. Showcased Heroic Spirits seem to mostly revolve around the original Fate and Zero's casts, with some new ones in Season 4 (the third arc).

Caster Illya looks pretty good though...

48 minutes ago, Talandar said:

The thing with Bond CE is though that only the provider can use it.
That's why Tamamo's or Robin's are considered good because it works for their Arts Teams while stuff like Cu's or Emiya's are pretty bad since it doesn't help them in their role.
But in general Bond CE's aren't really worth it, at least if you have access to 5* CEs. Even Tamano and Robin have better options in that regard.

Heracles' has the best one and there is nothing better for him. It singlehandely fixes his entire problem as a Berserker.

Hmm about Tamamo I think you could argue about using her bond CE... she usually is a np battery with support capabilities and her main issue is charging her OWN np - she kinda struggles.

Adding a +card effect helps her 3 arts card charge a bit more, while also powering up the team DMG dealer! I do not have raw numbers but 15% arts up looks just a little less then a Divine Banquet MLB from some runs I tried. Could be wrong, maybe with future updates it changes can`t say.

welp waiting for assassin daily to get here so i can get pieces for jing ke.

I mean Jack's pretty much got me set for general assassin use, right? I mean I'd love to pull carmilla or li shu wen (someday), but we'll see what happens.

man who knew every silver/bronze/free rider you can get is pretty good. Well... except for Boadicea

like all they had to do was give her an Aoe NP and a good attack stat. I mean those chariot wheels were supposed to have spikes, right? 

I'm actually considering getting robin hood and tamamo to bond lvl 10. they're both almost at lvl 6 for now.  I'm not so sure, but rider pieces are going to get gobbled up like crazy here. Alexander wants a bunch to get to second ascension. I figure he'll be more useful than Medusa for now since he has NP5 and she's stuck at like np3. besides he should be fun to use with hans and jack.

I mean Jack's pretty much got me set for general assassin use, right? I mean I'd love to pull carmilla or li shu wen (someday), but we'll see what happens.

man who knew every silver/bronze/free rider you can get is pretty good. Well... except for Boadicea

like all they had to do was give her an Aoe NP and a good attack stat. I mean those chariot wheels were supposed to have spikes, right? 

I'm actually considering getting robin hood and tamamo to bond lvl 10. they're both almost at lvl 6 for now.  I'm not so sure, but rider pieces are going to get gobbled up like crazy here. Alexander wants a bunch to get to second ascension. I figure he'll be more useful than Medusa for now since he has NP5 and she's stuck at like np3. besides he should be fun to use with hans and jack.

1 hour ago, Skurge said:

Jack is really good because she has crazy critical star and NP generation rates and a strong single target NP.  She's also the only non-limited 5 star Assassin in the game until Osakabehime comes out two Halloweens from now.

As for Boudica, she's a disappointment in pretty much all capacities:  as a unit, as a character, and in terms of art.  A lot of people are especially mad about how she is treated in Septem (where she doesn't display any resentment towards Nero despite the fact that Nero's soldiers were the ones who raped her daughters and killed her).