Caster

That was fun!

Spoiler

vHOmB49.png

A8IjgZh.png

tMJmrcO.png

The Team:

yLfD2x2.png

Now I’m done with this event for good. If I wasn’t completely and utterly enamored with Nero before, I most certainly am now. Long live our adorable and totally-not-Altria-faced-Emperor!

R O M A

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Edited by MrSmokestack

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Zeratul said:

I want to see that recorded. Siegfried has something like a niche and not to mention gets a boost from Saber Wars. Fionn though ... may you find salvation.

CHALLENGE.  ACCEPTED!

If I pull him.  Knowing my luck, I'm going to end up with another Romulus.  I have one pull to make your dreams come true!

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

That was fun!

Reveal hidden contents

vHOmB49.png

A8IjgZh.png

tMJmrcO.png

The Team:

yLfD2x2.png

Now I’m done with this event for good. If I wasn’t completely and utterly enamored with Nero before, I most certainly am now. Long live our adorable and totally-not-Altria-faced-Emperor!

R O M A

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner

Romulus solo gogogo

4 hours ago, Zeratul said:

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner
Look at his stats and you will know why. An Arts Servant with that NP generation is unacceptable and no skill in the world can save him from his ill fate.
Not to mention he takes a page from Emiya and doesn't know what he actually wants to be. His NP and 2nd Skill indicate that he might be a tank but then he has Magecraft which is supposed to boost his damage; his non-existent damage. Also the progression on the 2nd skill is just insulting; you need to have this at 10, otherwise it's unreliable.
So yeaaaah, at least Siegfried has something like a niche (namely being a Dragon Slayer).

I want to see that recorded. Siegfried has something like a niche and not to mention gets a boost from Saber Wars. Fionn though ... may you find salvation.

---

Lancer Alter kicked my butt ... so I used my Command Seals and shoved an Excalibur Morgan and Clarent Blood Arthur into her face. She must have liked it since she fainted with her ~2m HP left. Curiously enough the Altera node was surprisingly easy for me. I only switched D'eon out for Heracles but Saber Alter killed the imposter one in a single Brave Chain while @MrSmokestack's MHX shaved off the majority of Altera's HP.
Finally done with Saber Wars. Maybe I will do more runs on Scathach node otherwise it's time to farm EXP like no tomorrow. Asterios wants to get grailed and others like Ushiwakamaru need to be maxed.

Also got the 3rd Mona Lisa. Valentine gives you a copy safe thanks to its shop so I need to farm for one last copy.

Sumanai is actually lowkey bad in Saber Wars. Definitely not on the level he was in halloween

I mean if not for.... something he would be damn good

Also lets be real here a complete dumpster fire can still be saved if they keep giving broken skills. I do wonder what happened with Fionns NP gain though. I mean DW had trends of gimping Arts Lancer NP gain but never THAT bad. Its not until Mordred that something rivals Fionn np gain and she got fixed

Emiya at least have a focus now, being the servant with the strongest crit multiplier in the game and a consistency from Magecraft 3 cards type in his crits even if his realistic damage loses out to those high atk monsters and ssr and its all off the sheer ridiculousness that is Hawkeye

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Sumanai is actually lowkey bad in Saber Wars. Definitely not on the level he was in halloween

So if I'm using him to beat the crap out of things in Saber Wars because he's my best source of non-support Saber DPS, does that make me really good at the game?

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

So if I'm using him to beat the crap out of things in Saber Wars because he's my best source of non-support Saber DPS, does that make me really good at the game?

Nah hes bad compared to other better Sabers in which theres like 3-4 of them but Sabers are just flat out good in this event(the only thing id put above them is Heracles who can cheese UHZ and make Jeanne farming so easy) and him being offensive and 2 arts based put him in mid level at worst. For Lalter fight Okita Nero and maybe a supported Caesar and Grailed Fergus is king but hes close on their level

The gist with him is that Dragonslayer is counted in the Saber Wars bonus damage, so lets say an MLB stars and bloom Sieg would have 460% damage and 540% against Dragon.... when he could have been 728% against Dragon with DSlayer, and 1058% with Balmung, which would catapult his dragon performance at such a point that hes on par with Okita in that regard and he would completely warps the Lalter slaying meta around himself

Hes lowkey bad because if you didnt know better youd think hes literally the best possible Saber for 70% of the event instead of slightly above average he actually is

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Nah hes bad compared to other better Sabers in which theres like 3-4 of them but Sabers are just flat out good in this event(the only thing id put above them is Heracles who can cheese UHZ and make Jeanne farming so easy) and him being offensive and 2 arts based put him in mid level at worst. For Lalter fight Okita Nero and maybe a supported Caesar and Grailed Fergus is king but hes close on their level

The gist with him is that Dragonslayer is counted in the Saber Wars bonus damage, so lets say an MLB stars and bloom Sieg would have 460% damage and 540% against Dragon.... when he could have been 728% against Dragon with DSlayer, and 1058% with Balmung, which would catapult his dragon performance at such a point that hes on par with Okita in that regard and he would completely warps the Lalter slaying meta around himself

Hes lowkey bad because if you didnt know better youd think hes literally the best possible Saber for 70% of the event instead of slightly above average he actually is

It's not that I don't know about his weaknesses.  It's that every single other servant you named - I don't have them.  The next-best is a low-leveled Caesar, who is not being ascended anytime soon.  Forbidden Page farming sucks, and Tesla gets them first.

He's been right there along with the support Okita I use to cheese Galaxy.  He's also necessary because he's my only source of a Buster NP.

10 hours ago, Skurge said:

Romulus solo gogogo

I have a grailed Romulus on my friends list

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

Team comp is more important than what units you use. And besides, there are plenty of units worse than Siegfried; he just gets a lot of hate for being a spook pull.

Just don’t use Waver or Merlin for challenge quests

4 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Team comp is more important than what units you use. And besides, there are plenty of units worse than Siegfried; he just gets a lot of hate for being a spook pull.

He doesn't spook me.  I welcome him warmly and invite him for tea!  Apparently, he doesn't like that.  :P:

Turns out the Saber DPS question is now moot.  I pulled an upgrade. . .but said upgrade won't appear on my friends list, barring special events.  The only servant who'd realistically replace d'Eon, outside of events, is Okita.

18 hours ago, eclipse said:

Knowing my luck, I'm going to end up with another Romulus.

Why do I have a feeling you will end up with Brynhildr first?
Let me guess, Saber Alter? Not Alter? Altera?

Just now, Zeratul said:

Why do I have a feeling you will end up with Brynhildr first?
Let me guess, Saber Alter? Not Alter? Altera?

Well, if she doesn't mind the fact that I think the majority of her targets are cute. . .I could always use another Lancer!

The unit I pulled offers nothing new to my support lineup.  d'Eon's utility is a lot more valuable IMO.

Don't read this if you want to save spoilers.

Spoiler

Small list of Servants which DW has already teased at some point (not data-mined ones):

Jason - Okeanos
Diarmuid (Saber) - E Pluribus Unum (Commercial)
Sita - E Pluribus Unum
Hassan-i-Sabbah - Camelot
Agravain - Camelot
Kay - Various (Mentioned by Saber Lily, Camelot Prologue)
Bors - Mentioned by Gawain
Perceval - Camelot Prologue
Gareth - Camelot Prologue (female btw.)
Gaheris - Camelot Prologue
Richard I - Camelot Prologue
Ashiya Doman - EoR: Shimosa
Oda Nobukatsu - Gudaguda Meiji Restoration
Achilles - Alexander III Interlude
Roland - Astolfo Interlude
Medusa (Lancer) - First Order
Darius III (Rider) - First Order
Galahad - Lost Room

I wonder when DW will go back to these. Only Sita and Roland seem likely among the FGO-exclusive ones since the former has appeared as an Archer and is the entire reason why Rama choose to be a Saber in FGO. Roland on the other hand wields Durandal which is one of the more famous swords in mythology.
Jason and Nobukatsu are just NPCs and Hassan uses a model from Hundred Face. Diarmuid is a strange case since he only appeared as a Saber during the commercial but appears as Lancer in the singularity itself.

The remaining Knights of the Round Table will probably be in the Lostbelt. However, the question if we're traveling to Artoria's or Arthur's Camelot. If we go to the latter one of the Knights is getting shafted since Palamedes is one of the restraints on Excalibur. That name doesn't show up in Artoria's list of the 13 Knights.

Not to mention they have a slew of other Servants from on-going series they may have to include. Apocrypha will probably get an entire banner for itself, including the missing Servants (and hopefully kill the Semiramis meme).
Strange/Fake must conclude first but does anyone know about its progress? Last time I already saw some illustrious names like Alcides or Prelati popping up.

There is also other stuff like the other Alter Egos from Extra CCC or Perseus, Gil from Prototype. Oh, boy, I don't want to be in DW shoes with this.

EDIT: Oh, let's not forget, Extella Link will probably shove even more names into this because why not? We already got Charlemagne himself and there is Archimedes.

Edited by Zeratul

Charlemagne based lostbelt with the 12 paladins would be super neat. I'd imagine they'd make their version of Ogier just like the FE version! (Mediocre, but still ok)

On another hand, what about Abe no Seimei? I'm pretty sure he's eventually going to get involved.

I'm pretty sure there's been a reference to the Brother's Grimm as the other two of the 3 greatest fairy tale writers. Perhaps they could appear as casters? I mean for fucks sake FGO JP has Hokusai.

Spoiler
18 minutes ago, Skurge said:

On another hand, what about Abe no Seimei? I'm pretty sure he's eventually going to get involved.

Well, Shimosa introduced Ashiya Doman who is pretty much the rival to him and he is appearing in Lostbelt.
But before we get him I kinda want the rest of the Heavenly Four Kings.

Btw. one piece of art for Ozymandias showed us Nefetari and more importantly freaking Moses. Oh boy if they include him there will a huge outrage.

oh hey I just hit the 2 mil mark at the last minute from farming scatach for hearts and gears. I've got 30 hearts in stock right now, enough for the next few focused servants. I also got the gears for Emiya.

I'm planning on grailing Asterios. Should I go try to get hit to lvl 100? How many grails would that take?

14 minutes ago, Zeratul said:
  Hide contents

Well, Shimosa introduced Ashiya Doman who is pretty much the rival to him and he is appearing in Lostbelt.
But before we get him I kinda want the rest of the Heavenly Four Kings.

Btw. one piece of art for Ozymandias showed us Nefetari and more importantly freaking Moses. Oh boy if they include him there will a huge outrage.

Is it possible that we'd get Nurarihyon and the Hyakki Yakou? What about Date Masamune?

We've got the russian based lostbelt don't we? I'd guess Baba Yaga would be one that'd likely pop up

Moses? Well if they treat him as a figure of hebrew myth like they did to David/Solomon/Sheba it'll probably be ok. Hell they could do Samson and I doubt anyone would get all upset. 

Then again, I guess Japan doesn't really give a shit about cultural sensitivities all that much.  I'd love to see the comments of the servants that were named Pharaohs in their lifetime if they arrived in a judeo-christian folklore based event/lostbelt with Moses, Samson, St. Christopher, and etc. Judas would be an interesting character to utilize in many ways. Not to mention we could see an archer or lancer class NIMROD. I mean fucks sake they've already got saints in the game.

Edited by Skurge

11 minutes ago, Skurge said:

I'm planning on grailing Asterios. Should I go try to get hit to lvl 100? How many grails would that take?

That's 10 grails, my friend (5 to 90, additional 5 for 100). I think you can stop at 80 (which I plan to do) or even 90.
Grailing to 100 is only reserved for your absolute favorites but gameplay-wise it's never really worth the investment.

I think I'm just gonna stop at lvl 80 with Asterios.

If I pull any of the summer servants though, I'm grailing them.

on another note, i have this feeling that Spartacus would be really good if grailed.

how long until we get Quetzalcoatl? 

Edited by Skurge

Well, I ended the event with about 1.75 mil. I wanted to try and get the last 100 mana prisms, but the support I was relying on was changed so I was unable to continue my farming with my team comp. Oh well, what's done is done.

I also noticed that in Mikotto! Bride Training, she seems to be sticking a screwdriver into a toaster while turning it on... (Why did I notice? I got like 6 of the CE when I was trying for Saber Alter and Nero. I got one MLB now and I think it works well on Georgios, at least more than Halloween Princess.)

Serenes FGO - Friend Code IDs (NA)

Spoiler

If I missed anyone or need to make a correction, let me know!

[UPDATE LOG - January 17th, 2018]
-- No new changes.

Active Members
SecondWorld - 403,067,254 (David)
TheInternetExplorer - 334,836,880 (Hentai)
Sophie - 171,602,417 (Deichtine)
Lord-Zero - 285,321,342 (Lord-Zero)
eclipse - 917,798,708 (eclipse)
MediocreLee - 015,794,040 (MediocreLee)
EmeraldFox - 674,653,620  (Emeraldfox)
Polydeuces - 302,111,199 (Poly)
MrSmokestack - 062,476,598 (MrSmokestack)
Rothene - 750,157,837 (Rothene)
Ebony - 233,925,133 (Hannah)
Sekki - 082,416,051 (Sekki)
Talandar - 863,169,679 (Ren)
Sire - 815 519 689 (Sire)
TheGeek - 722,418,335 (Geek)
N30 - 086,951,059 (Arcadia)
JSND Alter Dragon Boner - 283,900,798 (JSND)
Skurge - 356,589,556 (Sharps)
Phillius the Crestfallen - 961, 944, 081 (Time)

Friends List Capped
Zak Something - 883,068,826 (Zak)
QKumber - 314,369,629 (QK)

Inactive Members
Jedi - 212,096,402
Yuki - 052,549,303
Midori Mage - 147,339,240
Rapier - 420,218,475
Ebony (old account) - 202,919,556
Ebony (alt account) - 846,260,209 
Sophie (new account) - 422,345,842 (Sophia)

If you're grailing servants you like, then it doesn't matter what level you grail them to.

But for gameplay? Avengers and Berserkers get the most out of grails while Casters and Assassins get the least from them. Grailing past 90 gives diminishing returns since you only get 2 levels per grail, so it's best to grail units up to that point before working on someone else.

but what if i want Mata Hari to be grailed and put on my support party.

welp I didn't get anything of real note. I've still got the rest of the reward SQ to come along with the daily login SQ and summon tickets to give me one more try down the line!

Edited by Skurge

2 hours ago, Zeratul said:

That's 10 grails, my friend (5 to 90, additional 5 for 100). I think you can stop at 80 (which I plan to do) or even 90.
Grailing to 100 is only reserved for your absolute favorites but gameplay-wise it's never really worth the investment.

Its honestly worth it on SSR esp ones that thrives on class neutrality. its the only way to grail ssr to begin with and its the same you get to grail 1 and 2 to 80 and 3 to 92 

The main reason grailing low star to 90 is worth it is the cost consideration anyway so once we start talking about that shit get messy real fast

Iirc did Lancelot strats require grail

In JP I've already grailed Tamamo to 100 and I'm currently working on the same thing in NA.  Next batch of grails is going to Jalter in JP and I don't know who in NA will be my next grailed Servant.  Maybe if I get Bryn...

Now that Saber wars is over its time to beat EO5!

>I what i was hyped for before i realized i'm in the lamest stratum

Gotta farm Exp now. finishing Lalter, then i'd probably start upgrading Herc and Lalter further.

And is it just me, or the next few events looks.... ridiculous? Also Accel Zero Order CE is.... holy shit

Quick Tip: The Bond CE stacks and i just knew about this lul. My Waver would have it equipped  next time i updated FL >_>

This is what my leveling list looks like:

Spoiler

Henry Jekyll and Hyde

Carmilla

Atalante

Saber Lily

Euryale

I’d like to level Babbage, Paracelsus, Shakespeare, Darius, and Mozart, but it’ll have to wait until Valentines when I can get the Pages to ascend them. Euryale and Atalante also need Snake Eyes and I emptied my stock of Crystals to max out Jekyll.

Speaking of Jekyll, I’m having a hard time figuring out how to use him. Imaginary Element is guaranteed a slot since he wants to NP as soon as possible, but he also wants teammates that will both keep him alive and maximize his damage. Perhaps d’Eon / Hans / Jekyll is a good start?

Ok real talk

Why is Salter so high rated, and by this i don't mean looking at Appmedia Tier(she's 2 position below Siegfried, nuff said), or gamepress tier(She's S which on NA i would say at worst 1 rank higher than she should be). It bothers me when people makes her off to be better than she actually is(going to say as far as saying Grailed Salter is better than Artoria with same resource which is honestly pretty dumb because the resource used on the former is significantly more)

Compared to Artoria. WIth both at NP1:

Artoria - 29851

Salter - 29337

Her damage is lower. No, i don't care Artoria have Interlude while Salter doesn't. Fact of the matter is, she does, so her NP is 400% vs Salter 450% which resulted in.... that above.  Thats like saying Bedivere NP is weaker than Caesar because Bedivere need Interlude to beat Caesar, if you compare both of them obviously you compare them at their full build

Literally the only thing she have is cost efficiency which is quite good, but its one thing if she have cost efficiency of an SSR that gave you a good to great SSR, In NA theres currently Heracles, and Lancer Alter who fits that criteria. America would have Rama. And then theres guys like Kintoki Rider(who is a better version of Okita yeah i went there).  Vanilla Saber is widely regarded one of the worst SSR in the game, and Salter, is for obvious reason a worse version of Arturia in every way possible.

@MrSmokestack gone wild