Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got David to lvl 60 then I realized I'm lacking octuplet crystals.

Welp.

Got medea/euryale a few levels.

I read somewhere that Jean was intended to be the freebie hero from Orleans? How true is this and how much of a bad idea game-balance wise would this have been?

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Why are you grinding Pages now when we're getting 20 of them in less than a week?

Because I realized just how big of a backlog I have.  After the crap I put Caesar through, he earned his ascension!

Yeah, I should've farmed Nobunaga harder. ;/

Edited by eclipse

50 minutes ago, Skurge said:

I read somewhere that Jean was intended to be the freebie hero from Orleans? How true is this and how much of a bad idea game-balance wise would this have been?

Where did you see this?

30 minutes ago, Skurge said:

welp we get five tickets by the end of this 2 million downloads celebration and I'll have a full roll for Bryn.

I expect nothing but the embrace of mapo tofu.

You shall be denied that embrace then. We don't have mapo tofu yet.

Embrace the Iron Abs.

Oh, I guess I've never posted in this thread despite playing pretty regularly. My User ID is 327,166,643, username of Sen if anyone wants to add me. My support line-up is mostly mediocre for anything but grinding at current, but it's still a work in progress.

Currently I'm just saving up SQ/Tickets for the Valentine's Day rate ups and just waiting for the Valentine's Event in general because I need Octuplet Crystals and Forbidden Pages.

9 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Gawain seemed really humble to me when I was playing through Extella, hardly anything like the Chad people were making him out to be. His ending was really sweet and gave closure to his side of the story.

I thought he was good though? He has Guts and an NP battery on top of three Atk buffs on certain stages. Certainly less one-dimensional than the Embodiment of Lust.

Well, Gawain is almost too blunt. I don't know about Extella but calling Nero the "Whore of Babylon" is pretty harsh and he was once caught as a Peeping Tom.

His 3rd skill actually sucks. The Guts doesn't really count as a survival insurance, considering it only lasts a single turn. That's almost worthless for a Guts skill.
The Star gain is completely neglible and manages to be worse than any Instinct skill. Why?
The worst part is the NP is wasted on Gawain's NP because it hits like a wet noodle and has one of the worst add-on effects; Burn.

I mean this skill sounds good on paper but all of these effects just fight with each other. You want to have the NP gain as soon as possible but the Guts skill only lasts 1 turn; that means you either saving it to make him last a turn more or you gut that part for the NP charge.
It would have been fine if the Guts skill lasts 3 turns (compared to the 5 turns of Battle Continuation). That would make it way more flexible to use and give Gawain a true insurance if he should face the danger of being killed.

Considering his class and rarity, he has too much competition.
ST damage? Rama has better Charisma, ST Buster NP, Guts and can deal hefty crits. Or how about the other 4* Saber that comes along with him and completely blows him out of the water in terms of damage (aka Saberlot)?
AoE NP? Saber Alter has a much higher multiplier and her Mana Burst is not situational.
That's just direct comparisions though. Other 4* Saber like D'Eon or Nero have other niches but do that properly compared to Gawain.

Gawain is overall pretty bad. Fergus has the advantage of being more durable plus he has realistic access to NP5 compared to him. Not to mention having an NP interlude and an actual useful effect just makes him more reliable in any stage of the game while Gawain will only be decent under sunlight. He has serious competition by a 3* that the majority just forgot he existed to begin with. That doesn't cut it, especially since he is almost as selfish as Fergus.

imo he is only better than Lily and Siegfried and that's pretty insulting for one of the strongest Servants in Extra. He is in dire need of upgrades, especially for his NP.

EDIT:

1 hour ago, Azure Sen said:

Oh, I guess I've never posted in this thread despite playing pretty regularly. My User ID is 327,166,643, username of Sen if anyone wants to add me. My support line-up is mostly mediocre for anything but grinding at current, but it's still a work in progress.

Sent you a request.

Edited by Zeratul

2 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Where did you see this?

You shall be denied that embrace then. We don't have mapo tofu yet.

Embrace the Iron Abs.

I saw it somewhere in reddit, can't find the fucking comment at the moment. If this was true then I'm kinda glad, because free Jean would kinda make Mashu sorta useless until London.

Jokes on you, I want Iron Abs because I have a bunch of non-hercules berserkers that would like it!

2 hours ago, Azure Sen said:

Currently I'm just saving up SQ/Tickets for the Valentine's Day rate ups and just waiting for the Valentine's Event in general because I need Octuplet Crystals and Forbidden Pages.

sent a request. I have a sorta shitty lineup too! (VLad/Tamamo/Jack are the only ones that seem to get used by others.)

1 hour ago, Zeratul said:

Well, Gawain is almost too blunt. I don't know about Extella but calling Nero the "Whore of Babylon" is pretty harsh and he was once caught as a Peeping Tom.

His 3rd skill actually sucks. The Guts doesn't really count as a survival insurance, considering it only lasts a single turn. That's almost worthless for a Guts skill.
The Star gain is completely neglible and manages to be worse than any Instinct skill. Why?
The worst part is the NP is wasted on Gawain's NP because it hits like a wet noodle and has one of the worst add-on effects; Burn.

I mean this skill sounds good on paper but all of these effects just fight with each other. You want to have the NP gain as soon as possible but the Guts skill only lasts 1 turn; that means you either saving it to make him last a turn more or you gut that part for the NP charge.
It would have been fine if the Guts skill lasts 3 turns (compared to the 5 turns of Battle Continuation). That would make it way more flexible to use and give Gawain a true insurance if he should face the danger of being killed.

Considering his class and rarity, he has too much competition.
ST damage? Rama has better Charisma, ST Buster NP, Guts and can deal hefty crits. Or how about the other 4* Saber that comes along with him and completely blows him out of the water in terms of damage (aka Saberlot)?
AoE NP? Saber Alter has a much higher multiplier and her Mana Burst is not situational.
That's just direct comparisions though. Other 4* Saber like D'Eon or Nero have other niches but do that properly compared to Gawain.

Gawain is overall pretty bad. Fergus has the advantage of being more durable plus he has realistic access to NP5 compared to him. Not to mention having an NP interlude and an actual useful effect just makes him more reliable in any stage of the game while Gawain will only be decent under sunlight. He has serious competition by a 3* that the majority just forgot he existed to begin with. That doesn't cut it, especially since he is almost as selfish as Fergus.

imo he is only better than Lily and Siegfried and that's pretty insulting for one of the strongest Servants in Extra. He is in dire need of upgrades, especially for his NP.

EDIT:

Sent you a request.

this makes me sad because Gawain's source material from actual lore has him being incredibly strong.

ain't the first time I've seen a servant that gets nerfed in the game compared to the real stuff though.  Just look at how low Blackbeard is!

crystals and pages oh my! I'll be able to get a bunch of guys ascended! 

1 hour ago, Zeratul said:

That's pretty harsh, though they're probably on good terms since he was serving under her as a retainer in Extella. I haven't played Extra but from what I know about it, Gawain's master is Leo Harwey, a huge snot that looks down on anyone other than himself. And Gawain, zealous as he is, probably had some of Leo rubbing off on him. Don't servants reflect the personality of their masters to an extent?

In Extella, Gawain reflects on his service to Artoria and Harwey and deeply regrets the mistakes he made in both situations.

G a w a i n S u c k s

I had no idea it was that bad. Geez. That's a huge insult to a character whose power rivals that of the King of Knights--in the lore, at least--when the sun is up.

I still like him though, and as a playable character in Extella at least he is very good.

1 minute ago, Skurge said:

Jokes on you, I want Iron Abs because I have a bunch of non-hercules berserkers that would like it!

Defense is the last thing a Berserker wants, though.

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

That's pretty harsh, though they're probably on good terms since he was serving under her as a retainer in Extella. I haven't played Extra but from what I know about it, Gawain's master is Leo Harwey, a huge snot that looks down on anyone other than himself. And Gawain, zealous as he is, probably had some of Leo rubbing off on him. Don't servants reflect the personality of their masters to an extent?

In Extella, Gawain reflects on his service to Artoria and Harwey and deeply regrets the mistakes he made in both situations.

I had no idea it was that bad. Geez. That's a huge insult to a character whose power rivals that of the King of Knights--in the lore, at least--when the sun is up.

I still like him though, and as a playable character in Extella at least he is very good.

Defense is the last thing a Berserker wants, though.

then I'll probably slap the iron abs on d'Eon/Leonidas/STG/Mashu

I just got my first max fou'd servant. Vlad!

Idk if that was a good idea but I've read that his growth is kinda screwy so I thought it'd be ok.

is shroud of magdelene any good? on who?

Edited by Skurge

@Skurge I'm pretty sure that one was JALTER was supposed to be a freebie on some wtf events at some points. But it was the original version of Jalter. And the acquistion method was so questionable for many reason. And then they realized Jalter is so damn popular, they decided to make her Lancer Alter clone with  needlessly high attack she is right now

The good thing that comes out of that debacle was Jalter is a Woman of Culture now for having Dragon Charisma EX

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

Because I realized just how big of a backlog I have.  After the crap I put Caesar through, he earned his ascension!

Yeah, I should've farmed Nobunaga harder. ;/

You will never have enugh pages... I am also on pages and bone hell right now - and seeds too if I decide to really raise Bryns skills ><

3 hours ago, Zeratul said:

Jokes on you Siegfried is High tier now!

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

I had a good chuckle out of this.

8 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Jokes on you Siegfried is High tier now!

Maybe in your dreams.

@Skurge That's the worst insult that I have seen thrown at d'Eon.

Well, Emiya is at max. as well. Now begins the painful path to max out Scathach and Tamamo.
Saving my Tickets for the next Karna rate-up.

Edited by Zeratul

3 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Maybe in your dreams.

@Skurge That's the worst insult that I have seen thrown at d'Eon.

Well, Emiya is at max. as well. Now begins the painful path to max out Scathach and Tamamo.
Saving my Tickets for the next Karna rate-up.

My bro memelist puts him in the upper half

I mean... in fairness.... he kinda stomps Christmas 017 Alter Penis

6 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Maybe in your dreams.

Yet another reminder that Saber needs a buff.

@Skurge d’Eon was my first gold, why you gotta be like that

I’m saving my skill materials so I can get Shiki leveled as soon as possible. She’ll hit the ground running for my Arts team.

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I’m saving my skill materials so I can get Shiki leveled as soon as possible. She’ll hit the ground running for my Arts team.

Charisma now Def buff, and Instinct now give Crit damage up. BUDGET WAVER GOGOGO

12 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Charisma now Def buff, and Instinct now give Crit damage up. BUDGET WAVER GOGOGO

Eh, that seems excessive. I would rather do this.

Instinct A -> Avalon EX
- Gain Critical Stars (max. 20 stars)
- Grants Invincible for 3 hits
- Charges own NP gauge by 20%

There. Much more self-sustained with the ability to support your team with Charisma and decent Star gain plus she can spam her NP more often.
Considering Instinct should have been an Evade skill (because that's how Saber survives 99% of her battles) this should stay true to her presentation in FSN.

30 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

d'Eon was my starter gold too!

Hey, imagine if Fion had decent np gain!

12 minutes ago, Skurge said:

d'Eon was my starter gold too!

Hey, imagine if Fion had decent np gain!

I can live with d’Eon being niche, especially when people like Fionn exist who do absolutely nothing useful at all without heavy investment.

Summer Mordred had awful NP gain until she got an update that gave her NP spam potential. Fionn *could* do the same thing with his strengthen skill if they’d only fix his NP gen. But even then he’d still be mediocre compared to KA-KA!

@Zeratul So a more defensive Pioneer of the Stars?

It’s not Avalon if it doesn’t give stars per turn

24 minutes ago, Sophie said:

How're you peeps doing down here in America FGO Land.

Terrible, they haven't released the America chapter yet.