Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that one fight with Boudicca tho.

I'm wondering if we're ever going to want a defensive rider with arts support for a future event.

finished the rapunzel quest. got all the saber skill/assassin gems with the black cats. Cleared the ascension items that needed black cat currency. 

holy fuck that Caster Cu fight was fun. Ushi+Salter+Support Martha made it interesting. Got Ushi and Santa Alter's NP charge to max and completely wrecked the poor dog.

screw the nero bride fight. I had to burn command seals just for her since I didn't bring an STNP archer. (Brought a lvl 100 grailed gilgamesh because I was running a bryn+jack+gil crit team.)

I've gotta do room 701 in the morning. 

lol Leonidas cheeses Nobu so hard it's kinda funny.

He lets me get Brynhildr+Support Shishou's NP gauges full and he gets me crit stars. 

oh hey got Nobu's Demon King to max. This should be fun with Jack.

@MrSmokestack thanks for that support lineup. 

Edited by Czarpy

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

holy fuck that Caster Cu fight was fun. Ushi+Salter+Support Martha made it interesting. Got Ushi and Santa Alter's NP charge to max and completely wrecked the poor dog.

screw the nero bride fight. I had to burn command seals just for her since I didn't bring an STNP archer. (Brought a lvl 100 grailed gilgamesh because I was running a bryn+jack+gil crit team.)

CasCu was indeed a fun fight! I used for the first time my own Yuri Pirates with Hans/SuppWaver. Good numbers from them :D

About room 802 with the zombies + Bride boss...I think I found a decent enough team... did 5 times in a row without a single casualty:

Scathach + RobinHood + AssShiki. try to kill the zombies slowly on wave 1, it might be possible to charge some NPs there. So far been working for me!

And since we need to clear 10 rooms from each floor, I figured might aswell max the number of zombie kills :P

Well, Rapunzel is one of the bigger hurdles but to be fair it's about the same as grinding 200 of X enemy. Maybe a bit more, however you get tons of Black Cats for the shop so it balances itself out.

@eclipse Well consider this; normally the best nodes in events make you pay 40 AP. Considering that 20 AP is pretty generous imo, especially in regards clearing the shop. Compared to GudaGuda I will gladly take this AP pricing.

RIP @MrSmokestack
This week's Master missions will leave him devastated. 1 less SQ for the JAlter bank.

EDIT:
Scratch that, it's quests, not missions.

Edited by Zeratul

In terms of mat drops and such this event has been a godsend for me.  Got all the walnuts I needed for Bryn and all the bones I needed for Jack. Except now I need even more bones for Tamamo's skills aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

3 hours ago, The Geek said:

In terms of mat drops and such this event has been a godsend for me.  Got all the walnuts I needed for Bryn and all the bones I needed for Jack. Except now I need even more bones for Tamamo's skills aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hey now a bone for Jack is gonna have the cops coming.

can anyone else here put summer's Precognition on their aoe archer? I'm trying to farm 401 for the walking corpses. 

oh hey picked up Mystic eyes of distortion ce. Just what I wanted.

I wish there was a second archive for items like SQ and event exclusive ascension items.

Edited by Czarpy

I like how this week’s master missions are literally just “Do 502 3 times then go back to whatever it was you were doing.”

5 hours ago, Zeratul said:

Well, Rapunzel is one of the bigger hurdles but to be fair it's about the same as grinding 200 of X enemy. Maybe a bit more, however you get tons of Black Cats for the shop so it balances itself out.

You will get 200 ghosts long before you get 20 Rapunzels on that node, just saying.

@Czarpy I’ll do that right away.

Edited by MrSmokestack

I'm convinced that Nobu might just make Emiya, if he didn't get upgrades and a constant use in events as bonuses.

Maxed out demon King is hilariously good against bride umu, Mordred, and everything that isn't packing lances.

I'm tempted to grail her now, but I think I wanna wait until we get berserker Nobu. (Then again idk if that Nobu is any good.)

Shiki kinda makes the Rapunzel farming go a little faster. Can't bring tamamo because she'll get killed. Thankfully someone in my friends list has an np5 saber shiki lol. 

Got nursery rhyme ascended to third stage and levelled that third skill up a bit.  Jack and caster liz lets her nuke the ever living fuck out of the stheno node. Lol crit stars.

I'm convinced that caster Liz with 2030 ce is one of the best budget crit supports I've seen on my friend supports. But do I upgrade her first or third skills after her Mana burst?

Edited by Czarpy

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

I'm convinced that caster Liz with 2030 ce is one of the best budget crit supports I've seen on my friend supports. But do I upgrade her first or third skills after her Mana burst?

that depends on how you use Liz.

Myself I have lvl9 Innocent monster (1st) lvl6 Mana burst and lvl1 Guts :P

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

Honestly her first skill is easilly the best IMO. Its actually the strongest + most efficient Star-per-turn skill in the game(the actual strongest - Saberlot is not as efficient)

Granted the main issue with Caster Liz is her lack of offensive buff, so your 3rd slot is somewhat limited choice wise if you want to optimize it

7 hours ago, The Geek said:

Except now I need even more bones for Tamamo's skills aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Tell me about it. I'm leveling up REGEND as well so my bone count stays zero all the time.

4 hours ago, Czarpy said:

can anyone else here put summer's Precognition on their aoe archer? I'm trying to farm 401 for the walking corpses. 

Done. It's Emiya but he has NP2 and max. Fou so he should more than be able to blast Darius and his boys to hell.

37 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Honestly her first skill is easilly the best IMO. Its actually the strongest + most efficient Star-per-turn skill in the game(the actual strongest - Saberlot is not as efficient)

Granted the main issue with Caster Liz is her lack of offensive buff, so your 3rd slot is somewhat limited choice wise if you want to optimize it

Caster Liz is strangely durable.

Like did they purposely make the first welfare a good offensive support caster because there was a distinct lack of them?

Man saber Liz looks so lackluster in comparison.

Yeah 802 is not worth the extra spawns. It’s not that difficult, but it does take a while to chip the mobs after nuking the boss.

For pure grinding, or if time isn’t a concern, then 802 is technically better though.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Unlimited Grinding Works huh

I'm running out of assassin skill items really fucking fast. Jack, MHX, and shiki are really going through the stash from this event.

I look forward to getting nobus skills maxed out from the upcoming dates Vinci event. Tamamos wedding skill will be maxed sometime too.

Do we ever get a taunting Archer?

Tamamo+Vlad is ridiculously good. It's an all-purpose dup that just seems to be self-sufficient and can team with any third member lol.

Took a friend list grailed and maxed out Okita for the Leonidas fight. Vlad's NP generates a ton of stars that she absorbs, then it's OKITA SAN DAISHIOURI TIME.

like fuck

I know quick offense is gonna fall down the shitter in a few months, but Okita/Scatach are handy nowadays because of the lack of STNP gold lancers/sabers. (Well there's Nero Bride, but noone has her levelled it seems.)

Every fight seems to turn into Tamamo+Vlad and toss in four more dudes that fit the bill. If it's got a ton of riders, then it becomes Jack+Bryn. 

kazikili bey, eightfold blessing, then use Okita's star absorption, then shukichi+evade/crit str up then mumyou sandanzuki. Poor leonidas.

Edited by Czarpy

Cleared out the regular and rare skill gems from the shop, so I’ll camp out in the parking lot catching ghosts for the the rest of the event. Got Shielder to 10/10/10 purely because I can too.

Thursday can’t come fast enough...

Edited by MrSmokestack

how many apples does one use to get to the point of being able to get all the damned gems?

Oh yay got Vlad to FA. Alexander got ascended. Saving the horseshoes for when I have rider exp to get medusa to level 60 to FA her. THat'll use the rest of the horseshoes, but it'll allow me to run Santa Alter+Alexander+Medusa for caster ember farming.

lol MHX+3rd skill with a quick brave chain on nero bride produced 70+ stars. Kinda hilarious overkill.

I'm wondering if I should use my evil bones to ascend jekyll, jing ke, or shakespeare. I'm not gonna need another assassin, but I like those two. Shakespeare looks like he'd be handy, but I don't have a lot of buster servants levelled aside from Salter, Santa Alter, Lu Bu, Bryn, and Nobu. Is it worth getting the bard to FA right now?

Or I could just ascend proto cu. He seems to be fun on crit teams.

ah thank god this event is easy enough. I just want to get shiki to np 5 and net all the mana prisms I can get my hands on. The skill gems should be easy enough to farm since I've cleared the ascension mats. 

I've found myself to be disappointed with Emiya. Is this normal? It's like he was purposely underwhelming even hen compared to Atalanta. Like fucks sake, David has the same deck and has good support skills. 

So I just borrow a lvl 100 gilgamesh, pair it with my jack and Nobu, then watch Bride UmU get totally wrecked.

Edited by Czarpy

Emiya isn't really good until he gets at least his first strengthening.  Then he's decent until he gets his second.  Getting his Bond 10 CE also gives him a better niche, as it helps him generate stars, but that requires a lot of grinding.

So right now it's perfectly normal to be disappointed with Emiya.

I'm close to finishing everything; I just need to kill enough riders to finish that quest plus complete the 8th floor missions enough times, and then I'm done with everything until the 15th. I might grind for the rest of the mana prisms so I can get my first Mona Lisa, but anything more than that and I might hit burnout territory.

Spoiler

I'm really not looking forward to the 500,000 HP Altria we're expected to fight for the final battle. Gonna have to double up on Robins and hope I can get their NPs off in quick enough succession or wait for command seals to regen.

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I would even say Pre buff EMIYA is worse than Siegfried lol

Yeaaaaaah, no. Even Pre-buff Emiya deals more damage than Pre-Buff Siegfried.

18 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Yeah 802 is not worth the extra spawns. It’s not that difficult, but it does take a while to chip the mobs after nuking the boss.

For pure grinding, or if time isn’t a concern, then 802 is technically better though.

Gotta love those Hearts from the Demon spawn though.

Broke the 90 mission mark. The only missions left are the Rider and Divine ones which aren't hard to get.

I have so many hearts, I’m not worried.

I haven’t used any apples since Sunday, so I’ll be getting the rest of the shop goodies on AP regen alone hopefully.

@Zeratul EMIYA has no relevant self buffs besides Clairvoyance until he gets his strengthen skills, and after class penalty he only has 300 more Atk than Siegfried. Yeah, I can definitely see why Siegfried is better than him right now.

Edited by MrSmokestack

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

EMIYA has no relevant self buffs besides Clairvoyance until he gets his strengthen skills, and after class penalty he only has 300 more Atk than Siegfried. Yeah, I can definitely see why Siegfried is better than him right now.

???
For one, class penalty for Archers is 0.95. That puts Emiya at 8928 effective Atk. Siegfried has 8181 Atk which makes the difference more than 700 points.
Not to mention Emiya has an NP interlude and his NP ignores defense. On top of that Independent Action lets him crit harder, so Emiya's general damage output is definitely superior to Siegfried.

Yes, his Magecraft skill is pretty much irrelevant aside from Arts Brave Chain but Siegfried has ... only Dragon Slayer to buff his damage. Obviously against Dragons Siegfried deals decent damage but outside of that? Pre-Buff Siegfried hits worse than a wet-noodle. It doesn't help that the rest of his kit is pretty bad as well while Emiya at least has Mind's Eye (True).