Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

30 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

bring a saber shiki.

Class advantage though.

I’m starting to think MHX and Atalante are just underrated instead of being bad. They are both good support options, especially Atalante who shares a powerful team-wide Quick Mana Burst all to herself, while MHX is a flexible pick for both Anti-Rider and Archer comps, with an especial niche vs Saberfaces due to having one of the strongest NPs in the game.

While Atalante doesn’t have anything else going for her besides her 1st skill, MHX brings a few more things to the table. She has high stats for a 5* unit—currently the highest statted Assassin in NA, and will remain so until Shuten and Gramps are released. Riding EX is huge for her as it improves her star generation, NP gain, and her NP damage, and Instinct provides consistency in stargen.

In critical-based setups I find “Archer > Assassin” to be a bit of a stretch. Her stargen and lower crit weight means she won’t be hogging stars that you would want  on Nobu or another crit DPS.

Honestly? Everything about MHX is good except for her skills...which are unfortunately the most important part of a unit’s kit. That’s the main reason she gets so much flak, in my opinion.

Edited by MrSmokestack

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Class advantage though.

I’m starting to think MHX and Atalante are just underrated instead of being bad. They are both good support options, especially Atalante who shares a powerful team-wide Quick Mana Burst all to herself, while MHX is a flexible pick for both Anti-Rider and Archer comps, with an especial niche vs Saberfaces due to having one of the strongest NPs in the game.

While Atalante doesn’t have anything else going for her besides her 1st skill, MHX brings a few more things to the table. She has high stats for a 5* unit—currently the highest statted Assassin in NA, and will remain so until Shuten and Gramps are released. Riding EX is huge for her as it improves her star generation, NP gain, and her NP damage, and Instinct provides consistency in stargen.

In critical-based setups I find “Archer > Assassin” to be a bit of a stretch. Her stargen and lower crit weight means she won’t be hogging stars that you would want  on Nobu or another crit DPS.

Honestly? Everything about MHX is good except for her skills...which are unfortunately the most important part of a unit’s kit. That’s the main reason she gets so much flak, in my opinion.

AoE chance based stun.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Class advantage though.

I’m starting to think MHX and Atalante are just underrated instead of being bad. They are both good support options, especially Atalante who shares a powerful team-wide1 Quick Mana Burst all to herself, while MHX is a flexible pick for both Anti-Rider and Archer comps, with an especial niche vs Saberfaces due to having one of the strongest NPs in the game.

Atalante is apparently good post strengthen. Someone mentioned that she's pretty stronk for farming due to 10.0 refill rate on AOE NP that produces stars like mad. Her Dodge is Op as shit which combined as a whole made her np gain average instead of the god tier NP gen she had atm

In other words.... she's Lancelot. I mean her third is OP, but not "most broken self buff in the game alongside Pride of the Rearguard and Mash 3rd" that is Mana Inversion but they are basically the same shit when it comes to down to that

13 hours ago, Czarpy said:
  Hide contents

27972102_1978491505735247_5373206011502558835_n.thumb.jpg.4c4252a6dec52bcf157d8ec740bca1c1.jpg

JP KnK got a new collab servant. hmn...idk who the fuck this is, but hey it's an SR archer. They're all good aren't they? (except atalante)

What the hell.

Spoiler

Another KnK Servant was obvious but Fujino?
I was expecting Araya since the event is centered around his Ogawa complex.
Touko is likely reserved for Mahou collab with her sister.

... also why is she an Archer again? Considering her Eyes work more like Magecraft she should have been Caster, no? Don't bring up Emiya.
On top of that, that NP isn't Single target. Never. Don't try to fool us, DW.

27 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

What the hell.

Hide contents

Another KnK Servant was obvious but Fujino?
I was expecting Araya since the event is centered around his Ogawa complex.
Touko is likely reserved for Mahou collab with her sister.

... also why is she an Archer again? Considering her Eyes work more like Magecraft she should have been Caster, no? Don't bring up Emiya.
On top of that, that NP isn't Single target. Never. Don't try to fool us, DW.

Spoiler

If that np is St, then I want to see an st np version of Nobus or of Emiyas.

Well I'm gonna take a guess that her mystic eyes lent themselves to an easier playable servant design. Still wanna see if they do something like introduce a new collar servant for each rerun.

Think of the recentish collaboration poll and the fucking options that included dark souls 

That ghost fight was really fun! My first time using Bride as main dps since she is finally decently trained (90 8/10/6) and man, she packs some punch!

5 turn fight, she NPed 3 times, and strongest hit for almost 200k dmg! Jesus!!!

edit: sry for double posting, internet acting up ><

Edited by QKumber

That ghost fight was really fun! My first time using Bride as main dps since she is finally decently trained (90 8/10/6) and man, she packs some punch!

5 turn fight, she NPed 3 times, and strongest hit for almost 200k dmg! Jesus!!!

Event just started in JP, no need for spoilers guys.

Fujino’s NP is single-target, but her Mystic Eyes ignores Def instead of applying Ignore Invincible. The buff negation is pretty nice though.

Her 3rd skill is really strange. Her whole kit reminds me of Tomoe Gozen for some reason.

But Shiki’s animation update, my goodness. It’s similar to the original but more smooth now. Nice.

Edited by MrSmokestack

7 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Event just started in JP, no need for spoilers guys.

Fujino’s NP is single-target, but her Mystic Eyes ignores Def instead of applying Ignore Invincible. The buff negation is pretty nice though.

Her 3rd skill is really strange. Her whole kit reminds me of Tomoe Gozen for some reason.

But Shiki’s animation update, my goodness. It’s similar to the original but more smooth now. Nice.

shit. guess DW is gonna try and keep this aesthetic.

I just need to farm 5 more evil servants but I keep getting connection errors and idk why. Its not my wifi that's the problem.

Spoiler

@N30 Do you think a caster!Fion could work?

Spoiler

@Czarpy I haven't read up entirely on his lore yet, so I wouldn't know his entire list of feats. All I remember is that lorewise, he's pretty STRONG. He did after all have an epic battle to the death with Amakusa back in Apocrypha's version of the Third Grail War

EDIT: From his profile at base (before any bonds)

"Having mastered magecraft and wisdom, originally he would be endowed with many abilities and Noble Phantasms."

So yeah, he'd be able to become a Caster, and 2 of the Knight Classes (I don't know about Archer tho). 

also yay knk rerun in JP. It's time to grind AGAIN AHFAUIHP)AG(OPBJE{(IOEJPV

Edited by N30

48 minutes ago, N30 said:
  Hide contents

@Czarpy I haven't read up entirely on his lore yet, so I wouldn't know his entire list of feats. All I remember is that lorewise, he's pretty STRONG. He did after all have an epic battle to the death with Amakusa back in Apocrypha's version of the Third Grail War

EDIT: From his profile at base (before any bonds)

"Having mastered magecraft and wisdom, originally he would be endowed with many abilities and Noble Phantasms."

So yeah, he'd be able to become a Caster, and 2 of the Knight Classes (I don't know about Archer tho). 

also yay knk rerun in JP. It's time to grind AGAIN AHFAUIHP)AG(OPBJE{(IOEJPV

Spoiler

@N30

I looked through his lore and he's kind of ridiculously OP. Like moreso than Cu.

• He's trained at a young age in the arts of war and hunting. Presumably hunting includes shit that qualifies for archer class. 
  • One of his two foster mothers/mentors is a druid. The other one is a blademistress.
  • He's got a legend from his youth involving him snapping a Fianna warrior in half.
  • He's also said to be a giant, so I guess he might qualify for berserker, but we all know placing an OP hero into a berserker vessel isn't the smartest idea. Just look at herc and lancelot.
  • I'm going to guess he'd also be able to qualify for the rider class since he's the leader of the Fianna, a band of warriors. 
  • The thing about him defeating Aileen by throwing a cloak over him and punching him sounds like it might qualify him for an assassin class based on type moon's requirements.

Welp. I'm just looking at him and thinking someone this powerful in lore should be able to rival Gilgamesh or Hercules. 

got more gears.

welp

i got 5 days to finish the event. Just got one more mission, then it's time to kill seiba with seiba lily and seiba alter and gilgamesh.

I COULD do it fast with robin hood/euryale/david and just np spam but eeehhhhhhhh.

@MrSmokestack https://imgur.com/a/HOFJc When you grailing him?

Edited by Czarpy

4 hours ago, Czarpy said:

shit. guess DW is gonna try and keep this aesthetic.

I just need to farm 5 more evil servants but I keep getting connection errors and idk why. Its not my wifi that's the problem.

Hide contents

@N30 Do you think a caster!Fion could work?

I love how lore Fionn is actually so strong that his bio in-game practically says "yeah we don't want to bother making him as good as he should be. Go for waifus"

5 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I love how lore Fionn is actually so strong that his bio in-game practically says "yeah we don't want to bother making him as good as he should be. Go for waifus"

it's kinda just a bitch slap ain't it.

On 15.2.2018 at 1:39 PM, MrSmokestack said:

Unless you can supply your team with 40+ stars every turn it's better to have 1 dedicated member for Crits while the other produces stars. Archers not only have higher-than-average Star absorption but Independent Action gives them stronger Crits as well, making them better for that role (except if you are Lancelot or Raikou who say "screw the rules").
Assassins are meant to produce stars (Presence Concealment, decks with Quick focus) and while there are a few exceptions (Shiki, Old Man, Semiramis) it's what defines them as a class.

Also Assassins don't have low absorption. They are comparable to Sabers which is just around the middle.

---

18 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Her whole kit reminds me of Tomoe Gozen for some reason.

... how? Her 3rd is the inverse of Tomoe's Guts skill but outside of that they don't have a lot in common.
Speaking of which, Fujino seems to continue the trend of busted Archers. Territory Creation (yep, Archer, right?), defense ignore and one of the best survival skills in the game, all of these on a mere 4-star.

Edited by Zeratul

6 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Unless you can supply your team with 40+ stars every turn it's better to have 1 dedicated member for Crits while the other produces stars. Archers not only have higher-than-average Star absorption but Independent Action gives them stronger Crits as well, making them better for that role (except if you are Lancelot or Raikou who say "screw the rules").
Assassins are meant to produce stars (Presence Concealment, decks with Quick focus) and while there are a few exceptions (Shiki, Old Man, Semiramis) it's what defines them as a class.

Also Assassins don't have low absorption. They are comparable to Sabers which is just around the middle.

---

... how? Her 3rd is the inverse of Tomoe's Guts skill but outside of that they don't have a lot in common.
Speaking of which, Fujino seems to continue the trend of busted Archers. Territory Creation (yep, Archer, right?), defense ignore and one of the best survival skills in the game, all of these on a mere 4-star.

Her skills practically read "Damage up", "instinct", and funny enough "okay lets be real this is Protection from Arrows"

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

1 hour ago, Zeratul said:

They have lower crit weight compared to archers, which is the entire reason you would run an assassin to stargen in the first place.

My point was address the counterargument that MHX is worse than just running another archer when facing Sabers. On the contrary, MHX works well on those teams for exactly the same reasons we mentioned: good stargen to fuel the crits on her teammates. A full archer team would have trouble getting crit stars on the right cards as well as issues generating those stars in the first place.

I think we’re running past each other when we are in fact in agreement.

---

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner beat me to it

She has a strong self-buff on her first skill, crit-based second skill, and a defensive third skill. Also she is a 4* that is cute

Finished Cu solo of 804 w/ Mash Leo

- Immediate PfA, use Mash Invul on MHX and EMIYA NP turn, and then Invul during Babagge NP

- Target Babagge first since MHX as hurt as she is fills your NP

- Bypass MHX guts by gae bolging outside the threreshold

- Also i BM'd by wasting my crits against Invul MHX because i can kek

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Finished Cu solo of 804 w/ Mash Leo

- Immediate PfA, use Mash Invul on MHX and EMIYA NP turn, and then Invul during Babagge NP

- Target Babagge first since MHX as hurt as she is fills your NP

- Bypass MHX guts by gae bolging outside the threreshold

- Also i BM'd by wasting my crits against Invul MHX because i can kek

erm.... then it wasn`t a Cu solo if he got all that help (;¬_¬)

4 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

My point was address the counterargument that MHX is worse than just running another archer when facing Sabers. On the contrary, MHX works well on those teams for exactly the same reasons we mentioned: good stargen to fuel the crits on her teammates. A full archer team would have trouble getting crit stars on the right cards as well as issues generating those stars in the first place.

I don't agree with this though.

MHX is still in the Saber Assassin class. While her 3rd skill makes her better against Sabers, it does not replicate true class advantage. Most Archers will deal similar damage as her while taking much less in return and don't have to wait for a 3-turn cooldown (at max. rank, mind you) to deal more damage.

If we're talking about consistent star gen vs Sabers then MHX is good but for most Archers why should they care in the first place?
The likes of David or Robin spam their NPs like arrows just to prove that the Archer class is made of Archers, so they don't need them.
Others like Gil, Chloe and Emiya are self-sufficient enough that using MHX for that sole purpose becomes rather pointless.

There are some Servants that need Crit Star Support like Nobu or Kid but they rather want an entire team around them and aren't usually thrown into a 3-Archer bust. In these kind of compositions Jack is the better battery/support and you don't really care about damage output.

So I don't think your argument holds true. MHX really is a niche Servant. She is only ever good in very specific scenarios (in Saber Wars, against Saberfaces) but outside of that her skills are pretty bad and against Sabers Archers will usually fare better.
Someone like Nyanta can be seen as underrated after Strengthening but that's more because she is the only Quick-based Archer and Merlin exists.

5 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

It can happen turns out

Your lack of faith is disturbing.

Someone like Nyanta can be seen as underrated after Strengthening but that's more because she is the only Quick-based Archer and Merlin exists.

I think the main issue with Nyanta is her atrocious np gain... if only hers was a lil bit better she would see much more action. Now, she is relegated to 1shot wonder pretty much.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Has anybody here invested into Hektor? I don’t have any AOE Lancers but I want to draw Liz soon.

I have my own Hektor at max ascension just because he was my 1st option to clear hands. He can do that mind you, but I would strongly do not recommend investing in him for that use only.

If only hands farming is the goal, pick any 1~3 aoe zerker - I really like Spartacus nowadays (with 1/9/0 skills) he can get a charge of np with MLB sakura CE! And enough dmg to 1shot waves 1 or 2 (3 only with some kind of buff, maybe after his SQ)