Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

27 minutes ago, QKumber said:

I think the main issue with Nyanta is her atrocious np gain... if only hers was a lil bit better she would see much more action. Now, she is relegated to 1shot wonder pretty much.

Her Strengthening patches that up nicely with a +50% NP gain boost. That's pretty decent and helps her spam her NP for stars. Post-Strengthening Atalante is a pretty capable Archer just at that point her card type is pretty much dead.
The other problem is her abyssmal attack. She is Siegfried's level of bad and as an Archer she is likely to steal stars from the team. Doesn't help that her 2nd skill is pretty much designed to give herself the stars.

She probably needs another Strengthening on her 2nd skill to boost her Crit damage. But that would only turn her into Emiya ver. Quick which is ... worse than the original.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’d like to see the Third Grail War’s story get told one day. 

As a VN or something because there’s at least 2 branches of events we can go off as far as we know (one that leads to Apocrypha and the Subcategory Grail Wars and one that leads to the 4th and 5th grail wars and Strange Fake), with the third route possibly being the route where the Einzbern decided “let’s not be salty cheaters”. And I’ll leave it at that

Either way, Fionn’s a monster and who ever had the chance to fight him back in the Third Grail War probably had one hell of a time against him

4 hours ago, QKumber said:

erm.... then it wasn`t a Cu solo if he got all that help (;¬_¬)

yeah should really call it semi-solo or something

But the ussual solo is 2 Taunt 1 Core, and i didn't get a low level Taunt friend + too lazy to ask @MrSmokestack so lol

@Zeratul why use Jack when you can use Saberlot and 2030 Waifu

although BTK is different story

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Yeah that’s what I was thinking too.

Has anybody here invested into Hektor? I don’t have any AOE Lancers but I want to draw Liz soon.

You could just ask Eclipse to put romulus as her lancer support

y no kiyo?

46 minutes ago, N30 said:

I’d like to see the Third Grail War’s story get told one day. 

As a VN or something because there’s at least 2 branches of events we can go off as far as we know (one that leads to Apocrypha and the Subcategory Grail Wars and one that leads to the 4th and 5th grail wars and Strange Fake), with the third route possibly being the route where the Einzbern decided “let’s not be salty cheaters”. And I’ll leave it at that

Either way, Fionn’s a monster and who ever had the chance to fight him back in the Third Grail War probably had one hell of a time against him

the 3rd grail war's story sounds like something that nasu and co. are saving for just the right time. I mean it involves NAZIS and shit. I'd imagine a lot of characters would probably interact in very interesting ways.

then again, it's gonna be the one where they genderbent hitler isn't it?

2 minutes ago, N30 said:

@Czarpy say it with me

Saberface!Hitler (doesn’t even have to be genderbent man, just Hitler having a Saberface)

watch them put David as the archer class for that HGW fighting the saberface hitler and her servant.

Hmn what kinda servant would a nazi have? Sigurd/Siegfried/Brynhildr?

@Czarpy
(Apocrypha Spoilers ahead for the onlookers)

Spoiler

Darnic was the Nazi Representative and he summoned Fionn (Fun fact: the other candidates that the staff behind the anime adaptation for Apocrypha were deciding on before asking Higashide himself on who he wanted Darnic's 3rd grail war servant to be were Beowulf and Tristan.) So yeah.

10 minutes ago, N30 said:

@Czarpy
(Apocrypha Spoilers ahead for the onlookers)

Hide contents

Darnic was the Nazi Representative and he summoned Fionn (Fun fact: the other candidates that the staff behind the anime adaptation for Apocrypha were deciding on before asking Higashide himself on who he wanted Darnic's 3rd grail war servant to be were Beowulf and Tristan.) So yeah.

Spoiler

Come to think of it, wasn't David also considered to be an Apocrypha servant alongside St. George?

That could have been really interesting if David confronted Darnic about the whole ww2 stuff.

I read that Georgios would have been too OP for the show. Kind of a shame he's not that level of strong in FGO. (Hey Saber/Lancer Georgios with Ascalon as it's described by the fate wiki would probably be stupidly OP)

Edited by Czarpy

“This mission is really rough, bringing the Story Support might be a good idea this time!

...What do you mean you don’t want to use the support? Are you really sure you don’t want to? No?

Ok.”

6ceRvzZ.png

Sauce

Meanwhile in JP

Spoiler

But seeing this made my day:

oh boy I'm gonna be doing a bunch of shit and won't be able to farm until the last day of the KnK event. Guess I'll just wait until then and burn an apple for the MP.

man is it just me or is every KNK event CE, except for sprinter and the weird death resist one, really good. I blew the event tickets trying to get the Touko one since it just sounded perfect on an arts team.

Mystic Eyes of Distortion, Vivid Dance of Fists, Summer’s Precognition, and Triple Bounded Field seem pretty good. Touko CE only lasts for three turns which is a problem when most Arts teams take more than three turns to kill stuff, not to mention the boost itself isn’t very good besides the starting NP.

So I'm currently watching Unlimited Blade Works, and I have to say that my enjoying it more than Zero. The show dumps less information in the first couple of episodes and it's easier to understand. Plus there's more of a focus on the characters that are currently important unlike 10+ characters to know in Zero. I'm on the 4th episode, I'm wondering where will the show go.

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

So I'm currently watching Unlimited Blade Works, and I have to say that my enjoying it more than Zero. The show dumps less information in the first couple of episodes and it's easier to understand. Plus there's more of a focus on the characters that are currently important unlike 10+ characters to know in Zero. I'm on the 4th episode, I'm wondering where will the show go.

Spoiler

yorokobe shounen

500 mp to go. welp.

the gear droprate is nice here. kinda wish the skeletonshad their evil bones drop more often tho.

I'm sooo close to getting bond levelling SQ rewards from my sr/ssr servants. this is going to the Jalter fund.

My wall this event are those ****ing 25 Berserker quest. Thankfully those quest is a bottle grinding so i can pick up Embers and Gems by the end of it. Skill gems 2 and 3 is cleared at least

Mona Lisa Prism is done. 200k more BP before Cu reach Bond10 which is like rip

@MrSmokestack Waver 3rd L10 after event cuz im lazy lul

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

7 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

That's because UBW is a single route of the entire story. Certain characters are simply getting axed while others stand out more. Some characters in UBW have little-to-no screen time in the other routes (very much so in Heaven's Feel).
Fate/Zero in comparision is a single story without any branches, therefore has less breathing room for elaborate characterization.

In general Fate suffers from having too many characters. Trying to give characterization to the Servants is not easy if you have 7 of them, now add 7 Masters to that pile and it starts to get a bit messy. Zero is actually pretty solid though there are some glaring points as well.

Spoiler

Let's be honest here:
- Assassin is utterly wasted as a Servant. No question asked.
- Kayneth can be summed up as a narrative tool. He is only there to give Waver and Kiritsugu characterization and a foil in terms of their views (a traditional mage vs a 'modern' mage and an Assassin). This extends to Diarmuid.
- Caster and his master are ... kinda pointless in the story aside from being the ones that screw with the rules and do stuff, you should not do.

Of course then we have Apocrypha which is an utter trainweck for 80% of its cast.

Edited by Zeratul

3 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

That's because UBW is a single route of the entire story. Certain characters are simply getting axed while others stand out more.
Fate/Zero in comparision is a single story without any branches.

In general Fate suffers from having too many characters. Trying to give characterization to the Servants is not easy if you have 7 of them, now add 7 Masters to that pile and it starts to get a bit messy. Zero is actually pretty solid regarding

Hide contents

Let's be honest here:
- Assassin is utterly wasted as a Servant. No question asked.
- Kayneth can be summed up as a narrative tool. He is only there to give Waver and Kiritsugu characterization and a foil in terms of their views (a traditional mage vs a 'modern' mage and an Assassin). This extends to Diarmuid.
- Caster and his master are ... kinda pointless in the story aside from being the ones that screw with the rules and do stuff, you should not do.

Spoiler

At least we get to enjoy Iskandar and Gilgamesh. 

I kinda wish we got a little more out of Diarmud. he got shafted so badly.

Man Fate's kinda fun considering there's so much cheesiness.

@N30

Spoiler

What's the deal with Solomon's "death" in the final chapter to part one? It feels like there's room to revive him, but that kinda doesn't seem like it'd be a smart idea.

relevant stuff here

27972588_1925314457487475_7378483035279521906_n.png.58501f8ab135187a744e9809f3030a0b.png27971593_1925314530820801_4178747932830297424_n.png.56d03bc36f5b32a95b4b0787620259d5.png27868081_1925314810820773_3669104564565875933_n.png.e8852b59edbd2eb9b3df185b3a9f6184.png

https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=62353983

Edited by Czarpy

@Czarpy

Spoiler

...Can you elaborate on that exactly?

Hollow Ataraxia is pretty good in general. It develops everyone from SN and some new people as well really well. Sequel works in general in the Fate franchise at the very least, do a lot to provide characterization for characters that got shafted in some way from. 

Another example is Shinji, Robin Hood, and Monji in Fate/Extra CCC (and iirc to the smallest extent, Robin's master from Extra is given a little more characterization in CCC as well), along with Karna and fucking Gilgamesh of all people.

Strange/Fake is doing Apocrypha's amount of servants but better because Narita is simply more used to writing in that sort of style (the guy did Baccano after all.)

Just now, N30 said:

@Czarpy

Hide contents

...Can you elaborate on that exactly?

Hollow Ataraxia is pretty good in general. It develops everyone from SN and some new people as well really well. Sequel works in general in the Fate franchise at the very least, do a lot to provide characterization for characters that got shafted in some way from. 

Another example is Shinji, Robin Hood, and Monji in Fate/Extra CCC (and iirc to the smallest extent, Robin's master from Extra is given a little more characterization in CCC as well), along with Karna and fucking Gilgamesh of all people.

Strange/Fake is doing Apocrypha's amount of servants but better because Narita is simply more used to writing in that sort of style (the guy did Baccano after all.)

Spoiler

@N30

He gives up his gifts from God, the ten rings,which means he thereby erases himself from the throne of heroes. I'm wondering if the "Lost Cosmos" part is going to revive him somehow. 

If hollow ataraxia gets an anime, I'd watch the shit out of that. Haven't played that VN since idk how to and i don't even know if i can get it translated.

but the idea of the FSM characters getting more development sounds nice.

Strange/Fake's manga makes me chuckle since 

Spoiler

out of everyone that's been introduced so far in the translated scans, the least mentally fucked up servants are Gilgamesh/Enkidu/Strange Saber

I want to see how this entire thing plays out since it looks like it's gonna be hella fun. If it gets an UFOtable anime adaptation when the work is completed, I'd buy it.

Spoiler

@Czarpy
Ah, Ars Nova.
Lemme pull up a thing from the Materials Book:

The phrase "Solomon's complete obliteration" does not mean that all traces of him disappear, but rather that everything that is his to do has been completed and finished. 
>...All living things, when they meet their ends, have "unfinished business" that they leave behind. This is something true of everyone, regardless of how perfect a life they may have led. 
The path of human history is created when the people who follow pick up and bear these "remains". 
And a complete obliteration means to ascend from this path- 
to complete everything one has been tasked with, and to reach a state of existence in which there is "nothing left to do".

There is no longer a need to defeat him, or rely on him. 
No longer, will anyone ask of him, 
or need to shoulder his death, 
and no further help or accomplishments from him will be sought.
This means a disappearance from even the Throne of Heroes. 
A release from the duties of one's existence - a completion of all the tasks for one to do in this universe. 
In contrast to the savior known as the only one among humanity to achieve enlightenment, the coward reached a different sort of "finality".

((Translation is from reddit btw))

"The way i see it is that after the point ars nova was used eveything in that wordline from then on regarding solomon is completed. So rather than retroactively deleting evrything about him, there’s just no path leading to him in human history after that." -a comment from user Sandstorm77 on Beast's Lair that summarizes my own feelings on Ars Nova's usage as a whole.

Ah the SF manga. It does a great job at providing visuals for the story, but the LN is very good.

Spoiler

You can also add False Berserker/Jack The Ripper to that list. You kinda have to be like him or Waver to deal with Flat after all~ (like sure, he has an identity crisis but other than that he's fine)
Alexandre's sane - he's just having a good time dood
The least that is said about True Caster, True Archer, and a certain crazy gothic lolita girl the better.

2 minutes ago, N30 said:
  Hide contents

@Czarpy
Ah, Ars Nova.
Lemme pull up a thing from the Materials Book:

The phrase "Solomon's complete obliteration" does not mean that all traces of him disappear, but rather that everything that is his to do has been completed and finished. 
>...All living things, when they meet their ends, have "unfinished business" that they leave behind. This is something true of everyone, regardless of how perfect a life they may have led. 
The path of human history is created when the people who follow pick up and bear these "remains". 
And a complete obliteration means to ascend from this path- 
to complete everything one has been tasked with, and to reach a state of existence in which there is "nothing left to do".

There is no longer a need to defeat him, or rely on him. 
No longer, will anyone ask of him, 
or need to shoulder his death, 
and no further help or accomplishments from him will be sought.
This means a disappearance from even the Throne of Heroes. 
A release from the duties of one's existence - a completion of all the tasks for one to do in this universe. 
In contrast to the savior known as the only one among humanity to achieve enlightenment, the coward reached a different sort of "finality".

((Translation is from reddit btw))

"The way i see it is that after the point ars nova was used eveything in that wordline from then on regarding solomon is completed. So rather than retroactively deleting evrything about him, there’s just no path leading to him in human history after that." -a comment from user Sandstorm77 on Beast's Lair that summarizes my own feelings on Ars Nova's usage as a whole.

Ah the SF manga. It does a great job at providing visuals for the story, but the LN is very good.

Hide contents

You can also add False Berserker/Jack The Ripper to that list. You kinda have to be like him or Waver to deal with Flat after all~ (like sure, he has an identity crisis but other than that he's fine)
Alexandre's sane - he's just having a good time dood
The least that is said about True Caster, True Archer, and a certain crazy gothic lolita girl the better.

Spoiler

Wow that makes sense. It's basically the end to his story, right?

But I do wonder about stuff. Like you know they're somehow gonna do something fucking nuts with him. 

the SF manga brought out the master of saber and it just felt kinda weird. Like are they going the route of exploring the whole concept of "urban legends" with her?

Spoiler

Alexandre and Jack look like they're sane enough. I'm just wondering if Jack's going to wind up actually assassinating someone.

what they did to Ulcides...brrr. I like how they put Hippolyta in there to show a contrast to Ulcides. 

Prelati's fucking fun. When this gets turned into an UFOtable anime, it's going to be a massive hit.

this Saber is going to be interesting when he gets released in FGO.  I read somewhere that the Count Saint-Germaine is involved with SF which just opens avenues for all sorts of shit. i mean we've got all sorts of shit in the nasuverse, but tossing in the equivalent of a historical time lord-lite should lend itself to fun.

I was reading fate related stuff and heard that Nasu compared the nasuverse to Marvel's universe. I get the feeling this is going to explode if they can get more good writers like the ones working on  Strange Fate and Prototype.

Spoiler

Yep, Germaine's involved in the backstory of Richard. Which was shown in the good ol Master-Servant bond dream on Ayaka's end.
This particular instance of Alcides is also an Avenger. The NP he uses on Jack in their fight in Vol 4 is only accessible to him as one after all.

You've read the LN, right?

6 minutes ago, N30 said:
  Hide contents

Yep, Germaine's involved in the backstory of Richard. Which was shown in the good ol Master-Servant bond dream on Ayaka's end.
This particular instance of Alcides is also an Avenger. The NP he uses on Jack in their fight in Vol 4 is only accessible to him as one after all.

You've read the LN, right?

Spoiler

It's one of the things I do in between times. I don't care all too much about spoilers. I would want to see them explore how the grail mud was gotten.

From what I've read of the LN, SF seems to be Apocrypha done RIGHT.

on a side note, looking through the discarded apocrypha servants that weren't put in the final version; Kintoki, David, Benkei, St. George, etc. 

I can't be the only one who WANTS to see Kintoki in Astolfo's place. That'd have been so much fun. Benkei being in Apoc. woulda been silly since the power scaling was kinda off the charts in that one.

@N30

You know, there's a lot of "King under the mountain" stories in myth and folklore. It usually goes along the lines of "This famous hero is laid beneath (famous landmark of that country), waiting to rise again in the hour of their people's greatest need."

There's one for Fion, King Arthur, Charlemagne, Ogier the Dane, Merlin, Bran the Blessed, Francis Drake, Vladd III, Barbarossa, Theseus, Constantine, William Tell, Napoleon, and the list goes on.

On the other hand, there's also a variation for villains/anti-heroes.

Now imagine what Kinoko Nasu could potentially do with it. Like, this has the potential for a lot of fun things to happen. I can imagine this turning incredibly fun. I mean TM making Fion cool! Merlin and Drake interacting! 

I guess it'd be easy enough to explain it away as "counter-force summoning" but the idea of this intrigues me.

Kinoko Nasu is pretty much doing the nasuverse at the speed and scale of the old marvel bullpen.

Edited by Czarpy

Spoiler

Mountain memes? I'd be down with it
"Is he lying? No… Even if he is, Chaplin still wouldn't make sense. What the hell is going on in this Grail War?" -Faldeus Dioland, Fate/Strange Fake Volume 4 Chapter 11
that quote there describes SF rather well lol

23 minutes ago, N30 said:
  Hide contents

Mountain memes? I'd be down with it
"Is he lying? No… Even if he is, Chaplin still wouldn't make sense. What the hell is going on in this Grail War?" -Faldeus Dioland, Fate/Strange Fake Volume 4 Chapter 11
that quote there describes SF rather well lol

Spoiler

I want my Charlie Chaplin lancer in FGO to be the ultimate quick support.  

If FGO is still around by the time SF is finished, I'd imagine DW putting chaplin in as a meme, but then he turns out to be stupidly powerful as a support. 

Mountain Memes are just waiting to come down. Just look at Hassan. Gramps is practically waiting for this to happen.

lol borrowed a friend's max level, max fou'd Karna with max skills and he's fun to use.

Just gotta bring bryn along for the star absorption and jack for the star gen. 

I'm just wondering when we're gonna get Roland.

Edited by Czarpy