Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

15 hours ago, Czarpy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Wat, no moon cancer Altera?

The description of the Moon Cancer class is absurdly specific to BB right now.  From the FGO wiki:

A class specific to the AI known as BB. She who attempted to invade the core of SE.RA.PH, this title has been bestowed to what she is. An error in the system. The AI that rejects the system. The Cancer of Moon Cell

The wiki doesn't source this, so I don't actually know where it's from.

Spoiler

It's possible that you might be able to push Altera or Archimedes into the class somehow, but it seems unlikely until we have a more vague definition.

It's not like we don't have other absurdly specific classes in the verse (Gilgamesh in CCC, and Arcueid's potential Funny Vamp class come to mind), so it's not that unusual.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Czarpy
((SF Spoilers below))

Spoiler

The guy fought a Dead Apostle with his rival Saladin, and one of the Hassans.

You know Robin of Loxley? Good because in the Nasuverse he is the original Robin Hood and he was good pals with Richard. So good in fact that along with 6 other people, he tagged along with Richard and shoots Poison Arrows out of his shadow to protect his friend.

Richard's also the original Arthurian chunni. When you insist that this fork you're using is Excalibur so many times it becomes an NP should say something about ya. Also, he had a meeting with a time traveler, Count of Saint Germain (ofc he didn't know that the good Count was one but still.)

It's pretty wild so far.

@YotsuMaboroshi

Spoiler

I mean Gil literally doesn't have a class in CCC so lol.

Edited by N30

32 minutes ago, N30 said:

@Czarpy
((SF Spoilers below))

Hide contents

The guy fought a Dead Apostle with his rival Saladin, and one of the Hassans.

You know Robin of Loxley? Good because in the Nasuverse he is the original Robin Hood and he was good pals with Richard. So good in fact that along with 6 other people, he tagged along with Richard and shoots Poison Arrows out of his shadow to protect his friend.

Richard's also the original Arthurian chunni. When you insist that this fork you're using is Excalibur so many times it becomes an NP should say something about ya. Also, he had a meeting with a time traveler, Count of Saint Germain (ofc he didn't know that the good Count was one but still.)

It's pretty wild so far.

@YotsuMaboroshi

Hide contents

Spoiler

@N30 Given that we've gotten armies as NPs, is it possible for Robin of Loxley to summon his merry men as a noble Phantasm?

1 hour ago, N30 said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

Well, yeah, but I'm pretty certain Gil is the only servant that can be summoned as "Gilgamesh", so the point's still relatively valid.  MoonCancer isn't a class except in FGO, after all, and it's difficult to change the definition of Moon Cancer to fit anyone other than BB.

If you think about it, it's kind of the opposite of Jack the Ripper.  Jack's appearance is defined by the class they're summoned in, while CCC Gil and BB are servants that define their "class".

1 hour ago, N30 said:

@Czarpy

Hide contents

When he's summoned on his own maybe

Spoiler

Come to think of it, would the merry men each qualify as heroic spirits on their own or would they be phantoms like Bunyan who have to get merged?

Well, I got about 24 hours left to finish up Missions (farm Medusa 10 times and I'm good) and then get about 1600 Cats to clear out desired items. Considering I got nightshift work and that I'll likely pass out when I get home in the morning, I doubt I'll be able to get everything I want to.

Otherwise, I'm doing pretty well for this event! I got some character ascensions and skill level ups, but now I'm running low on QP and Embers. Since I finally managed to get Georgios to his final ascension, I am now able to start grailing him once I get the EXP. It always seems I'll be swimming in one thing and lacking in another with these FGO events...

Serenes FGO - Friend Code IDs (NA)

Spoiler

If I missed anyone or need to make a correction, let me know!

[UPDATE LOG - February 20th, 2018]
-- No new changes.

Active Members
SecondWorld - 403,067,254 (David)
TheInternetExplorer - 334,836,880 (Hentai)
Sophie - 171,602,417 (Deichtine)
Lord-Zero - 285,321,342 (Lord-Zero)
eclipse - 917,798,708 (eclipse)
MediocreLee - 015,794,040 (MediocreLee)
EmeraldFox - 674,653,620  (Emeraldfox)
Polydeuces - 302,111,199 (Poly)
MrSmokestack - 062,476,598 (MrSmokestack)
Rothene - 750,157,837 (Rothene)
Ebony - 233,925,133 (Hannah)
Sekki - 082,416,051 (Sekki)
Talandar - 863,169,679 (Ren)
Sire - 815 519 689 (Sire)
TheGeek - 722,418,335 (Geek)
N30 - 086,951,059 (Arcadia)
JSND Alter Dragon Boner - 283,900,798 (JSND)
Skurge - 356,589,556 (Sharps)
Phillius the Crestfallen - 961, 944, 081 (Time)

Friends List Capped
Zak Something - 883,068,826 (Zak)
QKumber - 314,369,629 (QK)

Inactive Members
Jedi - 212,096,402
Yuki - 052,549,303
Midori Mage - 147,339,240
Rapier - 420,218,475
Ebony (old account) - 202,919,556
Ebony (alt account) - 846,260,209 
Sophie (new account) - 422,345,842 (Sophia)

Oh hey the chaldea boys CEs are coming.

I'm gonna take the waver/alexander one. 50% starting NP gauge+300% star absorb sounds fun on Vlad and probably lets Ushi/Robin's NPs hit like ICBMs.

Well, I just realized Ushi is the only lower rarity rider with an STNP. Welp.

tfw there's only like 5 3* Riders and one of them is Boudica. So basically 4 very usable ones
2 Quick AoE 
1 Buster AoE (Heard Resistance Rider is good, but I haven't used him yet so...)
1 Quick ST
...and Boudica
But then we get Rider!Kintoki for free, so that solves itself in the end

At least the sole low rarity ST Rider is actually good, unlike the AoE Assassins where until Summer!Scathach and Kotaro comes the class is literally stuck with fucking Phantom as the sole AoE Assassin (which means you're better off using Berserkers as per usual when farming)

Edited by N30

27 minutes ago, N30 said:

At least the sole low rarity ST Rider is actually good, unlike the AoE Assassins where until Summer!Scathach and Kotaro comes the class is literally stuck with fucking Phantom as the sole AoE Assassin (which means you're better off using Berserkers as per usual when farming)

Using Kiyohime is so much suffering right now that I’m using grailed Saber Alter on Saber / Rider days.

I’ve gotten to do every single max ascension I’ve wanted so far except for Shakespeare. Feels good to have come so far with 32 max ascensions.

Edited by MrSmokestack

9 hours ago, Zeratul said:

February 26.  Mark my words! :P:

@Czarpy I get Astolfo, I get him, and I won't be horribly broken-up if I don't.  Santa Alter/Martha have me covered, as do Alexander/Two Ladies.

52 minutes ago, QKumber said:

AAAY how is Hektor treating ya?

I like him. His NP hits pretty hard with the 500% modifier at just NP2 with Interlude Upgrade so he can clear hands just fine with MLB Princess. If it weren’t for personal bias I would most likely not have invested in him though.

But his voice lines. His voice lines.

I love them. Impossible to take him seriously even when he is being 100% serious.

52 minutes ago, QKumber said:

And I do agree with you, Cu is a boring support anyway - mine is sitting at lvl30 :P

>Shishou

>Grailed to 100

>10/10/10 skills

>Lv. 30 Student

Hmm

But yeah Cu doesn’t offer too much in the support slot. Everyone is going to have him and he doesn’t make clearing quests faster, just easier.

I really want Liz, and Jeanne Alter Santa Lily failing that, soon though. Sadistic Charisma is going to be nasty with Dragon Witch.

14 minutes ago, eclipse said:

@Czarpy I get Astolfo, I get him, and I won't be horribly broken-up if I don't.  Santa Alter/Martha have me covered, as do Alexander/Two Ladies.

Ahhhh I want Astolfo too.

I’ll throw some tickets for a chance at a random Herc or Vlad spook, but I’m not going ham since Astolfo isn’t limited.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

I like him. His NP hits pretty hard with the 500% modifier at just NP2 with Interlude Upgrade so he can clear hands just fine with MLB Princess. If it weren’t for personal bias I would most likely not have invested in him though.

But his voice lines. His voice lines.

I love them. Impossible to take him seriously even when he is being 100% serious.

>Shishou

>Grailed to 100

>10/10/10 skills

>Lv. 30 Student

Hmm

But yeah Cu doesn’t offer too much in the support slot. Everyone is going to have him and he doesn’t make clearing quests faster, just easier.

I really want Liz, and Jeanne Alter Santa Lily failing that, soon though. Sadistic Charisma is going to be nasty with Dragon Witch.

Ahhhh I want Astolfo too.

I’ll throw some tickets for a chance at a random Herc or Vlad spook, but I’m not going ham since Astolfo isn’t limited.

Giving Hector a break is a bro thing.

He got fucked big time in the Illiad lol. 

Spoiler

let's just say Achilles has anger issues. 

12 hours ago, Czarpy said:

Giving Hector a break is a bro thing.

He got fucked big time in the Illiad lol. 

Hide contents

let's just say Achilles has anger issues. 

yeah but to be fair hector isn't fully clean

although Achilles is actively unlikable from what i've seen lmao. I can't believe they literally made Achilles a Cu clone in Fate since unlike Cu, Achilles isn't an anime protagonist

Hektor is the guy caught in the middle, needing to not only save the Trojans from Achilles but also from his idiot brother Paris who started the whole mess in the first place.

I don’t know how Achilles pans out in Apocrypha but he is definitely not likeable in the Illiad.

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Hektor is the guy caught in the middle, needing to not only save the Trojans from Achilles but also from his idiot brother Paris who started the whole mess in the first place.

I don’t know how Achilles pans out in Apocrypha but he is definitely not likeable in the Illiad.

Achilles is sorta like many other greek heroes and has a little too much pride.

This leads to rifts between the Myrmidons and Agamemnon when Agamemnon takes Achilles's "prize" away from him because he fucking could and Achilles was prevented from killing Agamemnon because of Athena restraining him.

Spoiler

apocrypha Achilles is similar to Cu from fsn. He's a bro, but he follows Amakusa's plan since he's seen the horrors of war and yadda yadda.

Edited by Czarpy

18 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

>Shishou

>Grailed to 100

>10/10/10 skills

>Lv. 30 Student

Hmm

Scathach is a very dif servant then our famous Cu Chulain :P

She captivated me at first with her design and gameplay - I like seeing her NP flying for a bazillion dmg AND the animation is awesome IMO

Then later on, as I get to known her and all of the Ulster dudes legends a bit more - thx to fate I should say - she grew more and more

If anyone willing to read a bit more onto her and the imortal/want to die thing: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kPW5qQyXQjeey0Hn_D56pGgI9sc5JltqDnDV4DwxUws/edit

PLUS! Everyone and their moms use Cu and or grail him to 90.... he is almost as common as freaking Herc at 90. So in the off chance I NEED to use one, not hard to come by :P

btw: got a LizLancer during valentines, and reading on her future charisma makes her a very appealing female support! Hope I am not wrong

2 minutes ago, QKumber said:

Scathach is a very dif servant then our famous Cu Chulain :P

She captivated me at first with her design and gameplay - I like seeing her NP flying for a bazillion dmg AND the animation is awesome IMO

Then later on, as I get to known her and all of the Ulster dudes legends a bit more - thx to fate I should say - she grew more and more

If anyone willing to read a bit more onto her and the imortal/want to die thing: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kPW5qQyXQjeey0Hn_D56pGgI9sc5JltqDnDV4DwxUws/edit

PLUS! Everyone and their moms use Cu and or grail him to 90.... he is almost as common as freaking Herc at 90. So in the off chance I NEED to use one, not hard to come by :P

btw: got a LizLancer during valentines, and reading on her future charisma makes her a very appealing female support! Hope I am not wrong

it's funny because there's not all that much lore on Scatach unlike saaaayyyyy Cu, Medb, Fergus, or Fionn.

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

it's funny because there's not all that much lore on Scatach unlike saaaayyyyy Cu, Medb, Fergus, or Fionn.

She HAS a deep lore, it is just she is a minor caracter on the Ulster cycle. It is mainly the story of Cu after all - she is her teacher and a bit more but still a sidechar mostly.

I still love her a lot :D

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

That's true of most Greek heroes; by modern standards they're giant pricks. Odysseus storming a town in the Odyssey, slaughtering all its men and taking all its women into slavery being treated like just a regular Tuesday comes to mind.

Anyway, blah blah blah White Day/Chaldea Boys Collection/whatever you want to call it. Gonna go for best paladin but with 30 SQ it's probably not going to go well. Knowing my luck Teach will bend the rules of time and space just to spook me when I pull.

5 minutes ago, QKumber said:

She HAS a deep lore, it is just she is a minor caracter on the Ulster cycle. It is mainly the story of Cu after all - she is her teacher and a bit more but still a sidechar mostly.

I still love her a lot :D

oh welp there's not a lot of standard info on her aside from training cu.

1 minute ago, Azure Sen said:

That's true of most Greek heroes; by modern standards they're giant pricks. Odysseus storming a town in the Odyssey, slaughtering all its men and taking all its women into slavery being treated like just a regular Tuesday comes to mind.

Anyway, blah blah blah White Day/Chaldea Boys Collection/whatever you want to call it. Gonna go for best paladin but with 30 SQ it's probably not going to go well. Knowing my luck Teach will bend the rules of time and space just to spook me when I pull.

teach is FP gacha only. you'd be more akin to worry about being spooked by boudicca.

18 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Psst that’s the joke

Reset can’t come fast enough ahhhhh

ain't complaining about more QP farming.

I've farmed all the black cat currency items. idk if I can farm the ice cream/bottle ones in time or if i want to do so since the da vinci event is around the corner and I can just get those from the dailies.

oh hey the dantes event gives tickets. Moar for the jalter fund.