Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, QKumber said:

yeah I kinda regret using some apples - 6 golden and a bunch of bronze ones. But it`s all good.

Lanterns and mats were good! Now onto the next grindfest

well the resources are worth it!

I’m going to miss the mission system that KnK gave us. Grinding through everything in ~4 days was a nice change of pace compared to trudging through for two weeks. I’m serious.

I’m not looking to level anyone else once I’ve max ascended Shakespeare unless I roll Astolfo or Kid Gil tomorrow, so I can get started on grinding QP with double Mona Lisa instead of exp.

Friendly reminder that Gramps still isn’t in NA.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

I’m going to miss the mission system that KnK gave us. Grinding through everything in ~4 days was a nice change of pace compared to trudging through for two weeks. I’m serious.

I’m not looking to level anyone else once I’vr max ascended Shakespeare unless I roll Astolfo or Kid Gil tomorrow, so I can get started on grinding QP with double Mona Lisa instead of exp.

Friendly reminder that Gramps still isn’t in NA.

don't gramps and musashi pop up at the same time or very close?

Fuck I'm gonna be looking forward to getting either one.

1 minute ago, Azure Sen said:

So guess who I pulled. Twice!

Hide contents

Screenshot_20180222-001613.png

What is even my luck with this game.

at least it's a limited extra class servant. :p

I heard he's good later on tho. 

@Azure Sen
Congratulations. He can be quite handy later on, especially after his Strengthening.

Still saving my tickets for either Karna or Lancelot rate-up. Though if the former doesn't have a rotating format with Arjuna then I will save them for the latter.

What CEs did you get from the shop?

43 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Teacher and I is the clear winner for me. Starting NP alone is too good to pass up, and the star absorption is at least a nice bonus for Avengers if not Berserkers.

Beasts of the Moon is my favorite for the artwork though. At least I rolled it with tickets!

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

at least it's a limited extra class servant. :p

I heard he's good later on tho. 

I'm just amazed and baffled because a( these two mark my fourth and fifth 5* Servants pulled and b( I pulled them in a row on 3 SQ pulls. It's like GO is saying "you can have any Servants you want except the ones you actually want" at this point considering I was rolling for Astolfo. I'm pretty sure I've pulled more 5* than 4* Servants at this point too.

6 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Azure Sen Not sure if happy or slightly tilted

We'll see if I feel the same way tonight when reset rolls around and I get a pile of SQ for 100 logins. Astolfo had better come home on that.

3 hours ago, Zeratul said:

I went with Noisy Obsession, since in the NP gauge pre-charged department I have Kaleidoscope, the Imaginary Elements, and a full LB Dragon's Meridian, and the rest of the CEs didn't seem that great aside from megane heaven Glass Full Sweet Time and Salon de Marie, the latter of which I pulled.

I'm at the eight episode of Unlimited Blade Works and I have a couple questions

Why do people in the show consider Saber the most powerful out of all the servants, yet she struggles in some fights?

What is with the deal with this rule system? Killing masters and blowing buildings is okay, but servants summoning other servants isn't?

Edited by Jingle Jangle

29 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Why do people in the show consider Saber the most powerful out of all the servants, yet she struggles in some fights?

What is with the deal with this rule system? Killing masters and blowing buildings is okay, but servants summoning other servants isn't?

The Saber class in general has really high parameters for its Servant and Saber herself is high-class in that regard (all of her Parameters are at least B).
But that doesn't mean she is completely overpowered. Parameters alone most times don't define a Servant since they are most times just measures. Just because 2 Servants have an A in agility doesn't mean that they are equally fast. On top of that Noble Phantasms play a big role in a Servant's strength. Saber doesn't release hers a lot of times and just fights with Invisible Air which speaks a lot for her.

She is also dragged down by having Shirou as a Master. It isn't elaborated in great detail during UBW but the contract between them is ... incomplete or defective. Normally a Servant gets supplied with Prana from its contracted Master but Shirou can't do that. Saber's fighting style requires a lot on Prana for her Mana Burst and without a steady supply she has to rely on her own supply (which is pretty vast) to maintain her. If she runs out, well, she fades away.

But that doesn't mean she is facing weak opponents. Most of the Servants from the 5th Grail War are pretty nuts themselves and it says a lot if Caster is considered the weakest of them all.

36 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Saber had the strongest track record in Holy Grail Wars, to put it simply. They have the strongest parameter and the spirit requires strong base parameter for qualification. theres also at least 2 hgw iirc where they are the finalist. FSN Saber double dips on getting screwed by Shirou being a terrible master, and FSN having a really strong cast. EMIYA is fairly strong for Archers lower ends standard and Medea is a bs caster with magical abilities that is enough to be able to summon servants with the right condition and thats the weakest of the bunch.

The rule basically only gives a shit for summoning system or shit like that since HGW is some sort of a ritual, whereas killing masters is always one of the win condition

Mind, if you put everything in on Artoria's skillset, at her peak she's really just a mid-high tier servant but a mid-high tier servant that is still usable in practical manners with top master like Rin

I see. I'm going to use spoilers for unlimited blade works now on for my questions.

Spoiler

So Rider/Medusa doesn't use a mount, yet is considered a Rider? I thought that Rider are required to use a horse or some other mode of transportation to get around. Anyway, shame she got beaten off screen, Medusa seem interesting.

I throw in summon orbs for Fire Emblem Heroes — get Celica Alter in return. In just a day or two.
Feed a bunch of Saint Quartz to the Summoning Machine in F/GO for trap boi, get no gold servants in return and soon run out of quartz.

The hell is this logic?

Side note: I finally got a 5-star. It's Bride Umu! I guess my new Nero cursor did the trick?

12 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I see. I'm going to use spoilers for unlimited blade works now on for my questions.

Hide contents

So Rider/Medusa doesn't use a mount, yet is considered a Rider? I thought that Rider are required to use a horse or some other mode of transportation to get around. Anyway, shame she got beaten off screen, Medusa seem interesting.

Spoiler

Fate Medusa has Pegasus as a mount, which is why she qualifies as a Rider.  In Fate her Pegasus was a gift from Poseidon, rather than being simply born out of her blood.  She's able to summon it as a mount using her blood as a catalyst.

She just dies way too quickly for it to come up in UBW.

2 minutes ago, NoahStratos said:

I throw in summon orbs for Fire Emblem Heroes — get Celica Alter in return. In just a day or two.
Feed a bunch of Saint Quartz to the Summoning Machine in F/GO for trap boi, get no gold servants in return and soon run out of quartz.

The hell is this logic?

Side note: I finally got a 5-star. It's Bride Umu! I guess my new Nero cursor did the trick?

FGO's gatcha includes craft essences, and getting any 4* servant has the same odds as getting a 5* focus in FEH, while 5* servants have a 1% summon rate.  FEH's gatcha is a lot more forgiving than FGO's.

the teacher and I CE is really fun.

it lets me get emiya to a usable-ish state. It also allows for some utterly hilarious bullshit on Robin with yew bow crits. 

gonna see if I get enough exp cards to get shiki and saber lilly to FA. lilly is kinda crappy but journey of flowers is kinda useful when farming.

Got Leonidas's SQ done. I guess I'll work on spartacus and boudicca next.   I know Diarmud's interlude is up, but come on. It's still a month before the f/zero event. 

I'm wondering how much fun would it be to have the teacher and I CE on a Karna or Shishou. Imagine not having to field Brynhildr ALL the time in the front row for crit guarentees.

Edited by Czarpy

I managed to get Amakusa, Kid Gil, Astolfo and...Beowulf. Got the Versus CE and I ended up with a second copy while rolling for Amakusa. 

Fate/Zero event is coming so I should probably dust off my Altria and level her up a bit. 

16 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:
  Hide contents

Fate Medusa has Pegasus as a mount, which is why she qualifies as a Rider.  In Fate her Pegasus was a gift from Poseidon, rather than being simply born out of her blood.  She's able to summon it as a mount using her blood as a catalyst.

She just dies way too quickly for it to come up in UBW.

Oh I see, I guess some details don't make in the adaption.

2 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Oh I see, I guess some details don't make in the adaption.

Spoiler

The original FSN VN had 3 routes that each focus on different characters.  UBW is primarily focused on Rin and Archer.  As Czarpy said, Rider is one of the main characters of the Heaven's Feel route. 

So it's less that the details didn't make it in the adaptation, and more that it's out of scope for what you've watched.  UBW simply isn't a good route for details on Rider because she's killed very early.