Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

So, the gacha.

The only new unit I got was Kid Gil.  He's at NP2.

I also have a pile of CEs.  Looks like I'm getting the four dudes for their art.  Or maybe the glasses one because it's a half-decent effect.  Teacher and I and Versus are out of the question now~!

what about slayer.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing I did was to max. ascend Nobu. Rider managed to get her 2nd Ascension but I lack the Horseshoes (yet again) to go any further.
Didn't roll the Gacha since all my resources are kinda important til Zero (even FP are something you want a stash of).
Oh, I did Paracelsus' interlude. I guess that's worth mentioning. It was the only time sink I had up until now.

Now it's time to wait for those Challenge quests, coming tomorrow.

EDIT:
Meanwhile in JP, disappointment sinks in.

Edited by Zeratul

this break has been fun!

Finally managed to clear London - loved Hans! And then proceeded to do Scathach`s + Tamamos (both cat and caster) and finally did Spartacus and Martha SQs

good stuff good stuff!

Bride almost done, missing 7 Saber Gems to 10/10/10 her and be done! :D

*sees Dante*
*thinks a Quick team might be a good idea*
*puts Scathach, Ushiwakamaru and Dante as front row with Regend, Cu and Herc in the back*
*turns out Phantom massively debuffs Quick cards*
FFS.

Still, not really challenging yet.

Edited by Zeratul

I'm having a really tough time with these quests, myself. I can't even get to Fergus without half my team dying because of the wall known as the demon in the second wave. It's a shame, because those summoning tickets would have been really appreciated.

1 hour ago, Azure Sen said:

I'm having a really tough time with these quests, myself. I can't even get to Fergus without half my team dying because of the wall known as the demon in the second wave. It's a shame, because those summoning tickets would have been really appreciated.

is it because of the levels?

just swap in a rider and use a command seal if need be. 

-got Kid GIl off a ticket. The da vinci event's gonna be the time I get him to FA.

-Bought the mana prism exp cards to get shiki, alexander, and mata hari to FA. That's done!

-Levelled Medea Lilly since I might have need of a healer soon enough and I just want that as an option. waiting for a caster daily so she can have more cards.

-Paracelsus+Shakespeare are getting some focus. I fiddled with Paracelsus and he seems to be fun enough to use for farming with his rapid words skill+AoE NP. Arts support and targetable guts seems nice too.

=Emiya and kid gil are getting the upcoming event to get to FA. I'll probably get kiyohime/spartacus/boudicca/sasaki/gilles/romulus/babbage to third or fourth ascension from that event.

-it's tempting to blow all the tickets onto Edmond, but I do want more shots at Jalter.

-I just realized my diarmud is still at np1. I guess he's still usable at FA tho. 

-Fucking need horseshoes for a LOT of servants. Medusa/Fergus are at the top of the list. 

-Saber Lily needs one more seed and I ain't gonna try farming for that right now.

-Will I have any need for sr/ssr assassins beyond Jack/Shiki/summer scatach?

Edited by Czarpy

I didn’t even use Robin Hood and it was still a complete roll for me. Maxed Shielder is really stupid my goodness.

6 hours ago, Azure Sen said:

Either stall or use Ushi. I hate myself so I decided to stall

7 hours ago, Azure Sen said:

Maybe you can post your roster so we can give your suggestions.
In general having an Archer in the backrow will help against Fergus and you can use your front row to kill the Demon. Using the first wave to charge up a NP to nuke it away may also prove fruitful.
Fergus AI is pretty funny since he will focus on your female Servants first.

28 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Maxed Shielder is really stupid my goodness.

We were lucky that she got her cap raised to 60. Apparently JP only had 50 and I heard it was pretty awful to use her back then.

11 hours ago, Czarpy said:

is it because of the levels?

just swap in a rider and use a command seal if need be. 

Alas, I burned all my command seals the last fight, but that's what Kaleidoscope is for.

4 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I didn’t even use Robin Hood and it was still a complete roll for me. Maxed Shielder is really stupid my goodness.

Either stall or use Ushi. I hate myself so I decided to stall

I completely forgot about Ushi, whoops. Mine would need some training, but a single-target Rider NP is just what I need right now.

4 hours ago, Zeratul said:

Maybe you can post your roster so we can give your suggestions.
In general having an Archer in the backrow will help against Fergus and you can use your front row to kill the Demon. Using the first wave to charge up a NP to nuke it away may also prove fruitful.

Here's the team I was using, with notes on my strategy:

• Medea, lv. 61: There to clear the first wave, basically. She can generally take down the assassin chimera in one full chain, either on her own or while helped by someone.
  • Emiya, lv. 60: There to eat random hits and, if he survives that long, deal as much damage to Fergus as possible.
  • Dantes support: There because I can't get rid of him to deal damage and get switched out in the second wave for...
  • Santa Alter, lv. 50: There to help with the demon. She'll probably get replaced with Ushi once I get Ushi leveled, because lol AoE NPs.
  • Robin lv. 50: There to hopefully be the Fergus killer, but as I learned when I tried that Fergus's debuff resistance must be higher than normal because poison failed for the first time I've ever seen it do so.
  • Zhuge Liang, lv. 42: There to boost Robin's NP gauge, basically, because max ascension is still a long ways away.

Waiting in the wings:

• Archers: Tesla, Atalante, David, Arash
  • Casters: Hans, Shakespeare, Mozart, Babbage
  • Riders: Astolfo, Medusa, Alexander, Ushi, George
  • Berserkers: Lu Bu, Asterios
  • And of course, best support girl Mash

I'll freely admit that a( I'm not good at coming up with team composition, or at least ones that synergize well and b( I'm really bad at picking what Servants to prioritize when it comes to leveling/skill upgrading, since I tend to go for favorites first and based gameplay servants second. I appreciate any advice you guys have, and all the advice you've given so far.

2 minutes ago, Azure Sen said:

Alas, I burned all my command seals the last fight, but that's what Kaleidoscope is for.

I completely forgot about Ushi, whoops. Mine would need some training, but a single-target Rider NP is just what I need right now.

• Medea, lv. 61: There to clear the first wave, basically. She can generally take down the assassin chimera in one full chain, either on her own or while helped by someone.
  • Emiya, lv. 60: There to eat random hits and, if he survives that long, deal as much damage to Fergus as possible.
  • Dantes support: There because I can't get rid of him to deal damage and get switched out in the second wave for...
  • Santa Alter, lv. 50: There to help with the demon. She'll probably get replaced with Ushi once I get Ushi leveled, because lol AoE NPs.
  • Robin lv. 50: There to hopefully be the Fergus killer, but as I learned when I tried that Fergus's debuff resistance must be higher than normal because poison failed for the first time I've ever seen it do so.
  • Zhuge Liang, lv. 42: There to boost Robin's NP gauge, basically, because max ascension is still a long ways away.

Waiting in the wings:

I'll freely admit that a( I'm not good at coming up with team composition, or at least ones that synergize well and b( I'm really bad at picking what Servants to prioritize when it comes to leveling/skill upgrading, since I tend to go for favorites first and based gameplay servants second. I appreciate any advice you guys have, and all the advice you've given so far.

You really need to level up more characters 

Don't bring a bunch of lvl 40-50 to a challenge quests lol. It's doable with Emiya and Medea on your team but sweet baby Jesus are you gonna have a hard time with those underlevelled servants.

George and mash can  tank if sufficiently levelled. Ushi/lu bu/Tesla can do their jobs if levelled.

You've got almost a week to finish the event. Just grind exp cards for specific servants to help with this event. Or you can use the money shops 50 exp cards. Lu bu is amazingly handy for this event if you don't have Vlad or her. Idk how Beowulf does but I'd imagine he's viable enough as well.

I'd also recommend Euryale if you have her. Her NPAA chain can wreck Fergus

Oh man the da Vinci event happens over my spring break. This is my time to g-g-grind to hell and back. I should probably get the SQ servant To fa as well during that event. 

6 hours ago, Zeratul said:

He bullied my Kid Gil instead of bedding Tamamo and Shielder, so no.

@Azure Sen Santa Alter hits incredibly hard despite having an AOE NP, so she can work until Ushi is ready.

My team was Kid Gil / Tamamo / Shielder / David. I moved Dante to the back because he doesn’t do anything helpful, with Nero as a cockroach in case things went wrong.

Also, Hans can keep your dudes alive and Georgios can eat hits from the demon as well as bulk an NP.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 hour ago, Azure Sen said:

Waiting in the wings:

All right, we can do some stuff here.
The Assassin Chimeras aren't that threathening without their omni-effectivity against every class. Zhuge Liang alone should be able to handle the first wave and you could use the first wave to charge up the NP of your Archer.
2nd wave just use Zhuge Liang's skill to charge up the NP of your Rider (irc you have start NP CEs). Ushi should one-shot the demon if she is NP5.
Leaves you with Fergus. At this point your Archer should be able to use its NP. If it is Robin he will probably deal massive damage against Fergus provided his Poison sticks. David is another good choice because his NP can stop Fergus from using his Evade skill which can cost you a turn. Note that Fergus has an event-exclusive skills which can charge up his NP but apparently he doesn't use it as often as he should.

I don't know how high Mash or David are but you could try Zhuge Liang, Robin Hood and Mash in the front row with Ushiwakamaru,  David and Dantes in the backrow. You can switch out Mash or Zhuge Liang with Order Change for Ushiwakamaru in the 2nd round to snipe the Demon. Then you can just try to focus down the 2 opponents one by one. That Chimera is a Berserker one so it can hurt quite a bit.
Dantes probably does nothing in this. You could switch his position with Robin so he can use high stats to gobble up the mobs while soaking up some damage.

Edited by Zeratul

28 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

He bullied my Kid Gil instead of bedding Tamamo and Shielder, so no.

@Azure Sen Santa Alter hits incredibly hard despite having an AOE NP, so she can work until Ushi is ready.

My team was Kid Gil / Tamamo / Shielder / David. I moved Dante to the back because he doesn’t do anything helpful, with Nero as a cockroach in case things went wrong.

Also, Hans can keep your dudes alive and Georgios can eat hits from the demon as well as bulk an NP.

Lust is lust. 

15 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

All right, we can do some stuff here.
The Assassin Chimeras aren't that threathening without their omni-effectivity against every class. Zhuge Liang alone should be able to handle the first wave and proceed to charge the NP of Robin Hood, Emiya or another Archer (that isn't Arash).
2nd wave just use Zhuge Liang's skill to charge up the NP of your Rider. Ushi should one-shot the demon if she is NP5.
Leaves you with Fergus. At this point you should still have an Archer out with its NP charged. If it is Robin he will probably deal massive damage against Fergus if his Poison sticks. David is another good choice because he can stop Fergus from using his Evade skill which can cost you a turn.

I don't know how high Mash or David are but you could try Zhuge Liang, Robin Hood and Mash in the front row with Ushiwakamaru,  David and Dantes in the backrow. You can switch out Mash or Zhuge Liang with Order Chage for Ushiwakamaru in the 2nd round. Then you can just try to focus down the 2 opponents one by one.
Dantes probably does nothing in this. You could switch his position with Robin so he can use high stats to gobble up the mobs while soaking up some damage.

The sole reason I don't stick dantes to the back row is because he's a decent star generator and I just enjoy Teacher and I shenanigans on servants.

Hans/Georgios/David

And then Cu duo because FUCK KILLING OFF SSR ITS CANCER

The only thing to keep in mind here is Gilles sucks so just kill off the demons. He had 2 actions and usually he'd use Aesthetic Appreciation for reasons lol

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Hans/Georgios/David

And then Cu duo because FUCK KILLING OFF SSR ITS CANCER

The only thing to keep in mind here is Gilles sucks so just kill off the demons. He had 2 actions and usually he'd use Aesthetic Appreciation for reasons lol

the np drain is annoying tho.

thankfully enough Ushi at 200% NP charge was enough to take about half his hp in one shot. 

Alexander's kinda fun to use. Charisma is nice and handy, his AAQQB deck lets me slot him for NP spam alongside an allied Martha. 

seems quick is gonna die soon enough anyways.