Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

41 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Also, the discussion is moving way beyond what the original question intended:

Just saying but by the time I quoted you he had already posted about him acquiring Medea. That's why I was saying that ultimately Mozart isn't worth it and go-to Caster should be her.
Not to mention the argument about Mozart rised up because you claimed he is worth pre-strengthening which he isn't.

42 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

C O U N T E R C L A S S

*then suggests a 1* Servant*
Look, what I'm saying is that counter-classing favors units that are actually capable of fighting. Mozart is really terrible at that and he only reason why he is regarded as 'good' his role as Support.

47 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I'm giving advice for the long-term (snip)

The thing is the true answer for long-term was given along by you.

58 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Mozart until Hans comes along

If we're talking about long-term you can reasonably assume that one has NP5 Servants for 2* or lower specimens. There is no reason to ever talk about stuff like Mozart if there are much more better options out there that are feasible to obtain without spending SQ.

So I'm necessarily critizing about you giving him advice (though there are some points I disagree with). I'm here to talk about your view about pre-strengthening Mozart which I clearly disagree with.

---

3 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I current have 65 quarts, 4,305 friend points, and a summon ticket.

*flips table*
Start. Spending. Them. NOW.
FP summoning can give you a lot of good stuff from the 1*-2* Servant pool, including the ever-so-often-mentioned Hans Christian Andersen. Others include Asterios, Leonidas, St. George and Hassan of the Cursed Arm, to name some popular ones.
The best apart about is that you never spent actual resources. You get a free FP summon every 24 hours and the weekly Log-In bonus gives you additional ones as well. That means it's very easy to reach NP5 with these Servants. Also, they have a small chance to yield a 3* Servant which are most times better and more diverse.

3 hours ago, Czarpy said:

Helena-

Helena is good Support for a 4*. She has the big advantage of buffing actual cards, not attack which is quite a bit better. Add party-wide NP charge like Zhuge Liang and Crit Star regen like Hans and you get a very strong general support.
Until you look at her skill cooldowns ... meh. Doesn't help that both Support Casters do 1 role better than her (Hans' star regen is better for crit bursts, Zhuge Liang generates far more NP charge).

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, Czarpy said:

I'm gonna toss all my tickets at either Helena, Karna, Rama, Li Shuwen, or the America berserkers when the banners pop up.  (Li Shuwen would be amazing with all my arts team members.)

Oh, since this got lost in other stuff, Li Shuwen is added to the Story gacha when you finish America, but he won't to get a rate up until Journey to the West 2-3 months later.  So unless you're willing to roll Story, or NA gets an extra America rate up that includes him, you aren't likely to get him soon.

Got the Dantes event done. I mostly went in blind save for the final 2 nodes and did well enough with a "counter team" setup. I did decide to cheapshot Dantes at the end with Command Spells (I used one to get out of a bad situation, so I might as well use the other 2 to burst him down with NPs), but at this rate I do not mind. I got these Command Spells lying around and they recharge per day, so I might as well use them instead of hoarding them forever.

I also blew my Saint Quartz on Dantes since I'm currently obsessed with Danganronpa and because I grew to like him due to the storyline. The likelihood of me getting Jalter dropped considerably since I no longer have Quartz or a job so I can do some irresponsible spending...

Serenes FGO - Friend Code IDs (NA)

If I missed anyone or need to make a correction, let me know! (Use the [@UserName] feature so I get a notification, or just quote one of my posts.)

[UPDATE LOG - March 14th, 2018]
-- Fixed a typo in Emeraldfox's name (No capital F)
-- Removed Sophie (Deichtine)'s account. If I recall correctly, it was given to a friend or something. I think I kept it because it was still active.
-- Removed Inactive Members to save space. If they become active again, they can post their Friend Code ID in this topic if they wish to share.
-- Added Jingle Jangle (Jingles)
-- Removed TheInternetExplorer (Winberri)'s account. It was given to someone on Reddit.

Name Changes
-- Talandar (Ren) -> Zeratul (Ren).
-- Skurge (Sharps) -> Czarpy (Czarpy)

Friends List Capped - Additions
-- Emeraldfox, Lord-Zero, Polydeuces, Sekki

Active Members
SecondWorld - 403,067,254 (David)
eclipse - 917,798,708 (eclipse)
MediocreLee - 015,794,040 (MediocreLee)
MrSmokestack - 062,476,598 (MrSmokestack)
Rothene - 750,157,837 (Rothene)
Ebony - 233,925,133 (Hannah)
Zeratul  - 863,169,679 (Ren)
Sire - 815 519 689 (Sire)
TheGeek - 722,418,335 (Geek)
N30 - 086,951,059 (Arcadia)
JSND Alter Dragon Boner - 283,900,798 (JSND)
Czarpy - 356,589,556 (Czarpy)
Phillius the Crestfallen - 961, 944, 081 (Time)
Jingle Jangle - 812,852,640 (Jingles)

Friends List Capped
Zak Something - 883,068,826 (Zak)
QKumber - 314,369,629 (QK)
Emeraldfox - 674,653,620  (Emeraldfox)
Lord-Zero - 285,321,342 (Lord-Zero)
Polydeuces - 302,111,199 (Poly)
Sekki - 082,416,051 (Sekki)

Edited by Sire
Updated the Friends List

3 hours ago, Zeratul said:

Just saying but by the time I quoted you he had already posted about him acquiring Medea. That's why I was saying that ultimately Mozart isn't worth it and go-to Caster should be her.
Not to mention the argument about Mozart rised up because you claimed he is worth pre-strengthening which he isn't.

*then suggests a 1* Servant*
Look, what I'm saying is that counter-classing favors units that are actually capable of fighting. Mozart is really terrible at that and he only reason why he is regarded as 'good' his role as Support.

The thing is the true answer for long-term was given along by you.

If we're talking about long-term you can reasonably assume that one has NP5 Servants for 2* or lower specimens. There is no reason to ever talk about stuff like Mozart if there are much more better options out there that are feasible to obtain without spending SQ.

So I'm necessarily critizing about you giving him advice (though there are some points I disagree with). I'm here to talk about your view about pre-strengthening Mozart which I clearly disagree with.

---

*flips table*
Start. Spending. Them. NOW.
FP summoning can give you a lot of good stuff from the 1*-2* Servant pool, including the ever-so-often-mentioned Hans Christian Andersen. Others include Asterios, Leonidas, St. George and Hassan of the Cursed Arm, to name some popular ones.
The best apart about is that you never spent actual resources. You get a free FP summon every 24 hours and the weekly Log-In bonus gives you additional ones as well. That means it's very easy to reach NP5 with these Servants. Also, they have a small chance to yield a 3* Servant which are most times better and more diverse.

Helena is good Support for a 4*. She has the big advantage of buffing actual cards, not attack which is quite a bit better. Add party-wide NP charge like Zhuge Liang and Crit Star regen like Hans and you get a very strong general support.
Until you look at her skill cooldowns ... meh. Doesn't help that both Support Casters do 1 role better than her (Hans' star regen is better for crit bursts, Zhuge Liang generates far more NP charge).

yeah

i was thinking on rolling for her solely due to the card buffs.

3 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Oh, since this got lost in other stuff, Li Shuwen is added to the Story gacha when you finish America, but he won't to get a rate up until Journey to the West 2-3 months later.  So unless you're willing to roll Story, or NA gets an extra America rate up that includes him, you aren't likely to get him soon.

poo. oh well, I guess I'll just enjoy using Bryn while I get the other lancers to FA. I'll look for someone who's got Li in their friends list

2 hours ago, Emeraldfox said:

Stop fighting and use who you like you kids.

it's a fire emblem forum. i don't think the arguments are going to stop.

4 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:
  • I complete the Orlean portion of the game, so many dragons Thanks @Czarpy for your assassins. 
  • Edgy Jeanne was enjoyable, I looking forward to  hopefully) pull for her.
  • I Ascended Medea how she can spam Rule Breaker three time a  match, it's crazy.
  • Next up, Rome and Nero Claudius.

did you get an assassin levelled? It's kinda fun to get your own ones levelled up for stuff.

rome is such a mess in writing, but I do love how it lets me play with nero for free.

22 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

did you get an assassin levelled? It's kinda fun to get your own ones levelled up for stuff.

rome is such a mess in writing, but I do love how it lets me play with nero for free.

I'm focusing on Hassan, he seems neat. 

1 minute ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I'm focusing on Hassan, he seems neat. 

He's probably the best low rarity assassin available right now.

why not be a man of culture and raise a Mata Hari.

12 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

He's probably the best low rarity assassin available right now.

why not be a man of culture and raise a Mata Hari.

I'm doing both

Sadly I'm unable to do the Edmond Dantes event due to being underleveled. Maybe next time.

15 hours ago, Czarpy said:

man what's the deal with E Plurisbus Unim and

Hide contents

Medb's enourmous fuckup in trying to turn Cu into her desired man.

Cu was the one man who wouldn't fall for her, so naturally he is the one she desired most.

12 hours ago, Czarpy said:

Mashu/Jeanne/Boudica sounds like a real stone wall of a stall team.

probably gets fucked horribly by Amakusa tho.

(I'm probably gonna raise her for the quartz from the SQ.)

Yeah, but Amakusa only appears as an enemy on, like, two occasions IIRC.  (Only ones I can remember are in Setsubun Event and near the end of Shimosa.)

just blew all my lancer skill gems I had left on Leonidas 1st/3rd skills.

i regret nothing.

all my tickets will go towards Drake in the okeanos bait banner. I don't really give a single fuck.  Give me my dang Pirate Onee-San

Well it's either that or Nero.

You're supposed to roll for waifus in this game instead of hoarding for Merlin/Jalter, right?

Edited by Czarpy

@Sire
Emeraldfox has a full friend list.
Sophie announced once that she is leaving the NA side. Or is that Sophie a different one?
Could you change my entry from Talandar to Zeratul?

Based on recent memories I think AzureSen and Jingle Jangle left their codes at some point. I don't know about the former anymore but Jingle Jangle is 812,852,640 (P.95).

Superb work as always though.

4 hours ago, Czarpy said:

You're supposed to roll for waifus in this game instead of hoarding for Merlin/Jalter, right?

My friend, I don't want to hear that from you of all people.
You're just going to make him even more upset.

I think we're going to have the start of the Da Vinci event at the end of March based on the America schedule, with Fate/Zero following around mid of April.
Question is if NA is evil enough to do the unholy tri-force of banner that JP did.

1 hour ago, Zeratul said:

@Sire
Emeraldfox has a full friend list.
Sophie announced once that she is leaving the NA side. Or is that Sophie a different one?
Could you change my entry from Talandar to Zeratul?

Based on recent memories I think AzureSen and Jingle Jangle left their codes at some point. I don't know about the former anymore but Jingle Jangle is 812,852,640 (P.95).

Superb work as always though.

My friend, I don't want to hear that from you of all people.
You're just going to make him even more upset.

I think we're going to have the start of the Da Vinci event at the end of March based on the America schedule, with Fate/Zero following around mid of April.
Question is if NA is evil enough to do the unholy tri-force of banner that JP did.

hey now he's been saving since launch.

one guy with "ok" levels of luck shouldn't give him a stroke.

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

People with poor taste that didn't roll for Rama smh

to be fair..... me neither

that's because they want Karna or Arjuna.

11 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

What are some good items to get with mama prisms for a beginner?

The gist with mana prism items are: Most event stuff + event CE > Tickets > Fou > The rest since everything else can be farmed

if you get the 5 summon tickets every months your gold. Its not strictly needed in needed sense, but 5 extra summon saved up each months goes a long way

@MrSmokestack I gave up This isn't even fraud calling others fraud or pot calling kettle black level anymore.

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

8 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

to be fair..... me neither

... Did you just say that?

40 minutes ago, Emeraldfox said:

@Zeratul you tried to add me? I can make room if you're still interested.

Would be nice but don't do it if you have to delete someone good for it.
Aside from Tamamo and Scathach I don't have a particularly good Support setup.

1/2 training grounds huh

guess i can replenish my seed stock... but first I wanna get Jekyll to lvl 50. Just maxed out Leonidas so now I can use him with Lu Bu and eventually I'll have the Bard FA'd too.

I haven't gotten round to using Jekyll, where does he stand in terms of low rarity Assassins/berserkers?

Edited by Czarpy

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:
  Hide contents

@N30 I've been looking at Benkei's dialogue. It's implied that he's not the "real" Benkei. What's the deal here?

Spoiler

He's someone else who assumed Benkei's identity after the original Benkei died due to this one's cowardice.  He took Benkei's identity as a form of repentance, in order to spread Benkei's name as a hero as far as possible.  His efforts are part of the reason Benkei ended up a Heroic Spirit.

Basically, this guy can be summoned as "Benkei" because of his use of Benkei's identity during life and his part in solidifying Benkei's legend.  I don't know if the real Benkei can be summoned as a heroic spirit for a Grail war, because we don't know if the real one has a wish for the Grail.

10 hours ago, Czarpy said:

I haven't gotten round to using Jekyll, where does he stand in terms of low rarity Assassins/berserkers?

What do you think happens when you have someone with a literal one-shot NP?

I haven't heard good things about him.