Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

5 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:
  Hide contents

He's someone else who assumed Benkei's identity after the original Benkei died due to this one's cowardice.  He took Benkei's identity as a form of repentance, in order to spread Benkei's name as a hero as far as possible.  His efforts are part of the reason Benkei ended up a Heroic Spirit.

Basically, this guy can be summoned as "Benkei" because of his use of Benkei's identity during life and his part in solidifying Benkei's legend.  I don't know if the real Benkei can be summoned as a heroic spirit for a Grail war, because we don't know if the real one has a wish for the Grail.

Spoiler

If the real Benkei doesn't have a true wish for the grail, would it be possible for him to qualify as a Ruler then?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Czarpy said:
  Hide contents

If the real Benkei doesn't have a true wish for the grail, would it be possible for him to qualify as a Ruler then?

Spoiler

Only if he's impartial enough.  Not having a wish for the grail isn't the only criteria for being a Ruler.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

What do you think happens when you have someone with a literal one-shot NP?

I haven't heard good things about him.

Yeah self buff servant is an idea that DW did not nail properly until Sherlock and Hozoin

....which goes to show how hard it is to compensate for non attacking NP considering how ridiculous their numbers are.

Like:

Hozoin:

Increases own attack by 50% for 3 turns.

Increases own critical damage by 100% for 3 turns.

Increases own critical star generation rate by 100% for 3 turns.

This is literally a better Hero Creation

4 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Yeah self buff servant is an idea that DW did not nail properly until Sherlock and Hozoin

....which goes to show how hard it is to compensate for non attacking NP considering how ridiculous their numbers are.

Like:

Hozoin:

Increases own attack by 50% for 3 turns.

Increases own critical damage by 100% for 3 turns.

Increases own critical star generation rate by 100% for 3 turns.

This is literally a better Hero Creation

The thing you're missing is that Hozoin could theoretically do this more than once.  Once Hyde comes out, that's it.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

The thing you're missing is that Hozoin could theoretically do this more than once.  Once Hyde comes out, that's it.

Hozoin buff is also not permanent, and his NP gain isn't good enough to loop it twice under most situation(solo IIRC only had him get 2 on an AQQ crit). Problem is really Hyde gain isn't good enough - Permanent 40% Buster buff is cute, and then he only get Bravery instead of Charisma, and 3rd is near dead outside some comp. Its obvious which one between 35% ATK and 40% Buster up vs 100% Crit and 50% ATK is better

Granted using Hozoin effectively is expensive as hell. People thinks he's good at soloing because solo is the only time using him isn't  hard - he basically need an Arts Crit team

I watched the 4-5th episodes of Unlimited Blade Works

Spoiler
  • Being an Einzbern is suffering
  • Hercules put up a decent fight against Gilgamesh, but sadly he is stupidly powerful
  • Medea should have knew that she was about to be backstabbed
  • Shirou really needs to care about himself.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

OK, I have 3 open spots in my Friends list at the moment.  ID is 507.153.523 and my in-game name is Zeth.  I'll leave these spots open for a bit in case anyone here wants to add me.

If you do add me, let me know on here so that I can actually recognize who I'm adding.

5 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

OK, I have 3 open spots in my Friends list at the moment.  ID is 507.153.523 and my in-game name is Zeth.  I'll leave these spots open for a bit in case anyone here wants to add me.

If you do add me, let me know on here so that I can actually recognize who I'm adding.

I'm Czarpy/Sharpy/Sharps. (CBF'd to check my in game name right now) Added you rn

Spoiler

@Czarpy The Benkei that we see in GO, and during the original Apocrypha concept was a guy named Hitachibou Kaison (Source: Benkei Profile, Bond 4). He's yet another one of Yoshitsune's retainers. To make up for the fact that he basically abandoned his allies to die by running away from the last battle. he became the narrator of Yoshitsune's and Benkei's stories (same source as before). Hell, he even impersonated as Benkei to spread his name all over Japan - which is how he can be summoned in the guy's place.

Spoiler

@YotsuMaboroshi Cu didn't have a wish for the grail in SN - he just wanted a good fight. So in the real Benkei's case, it's more of "do i have a reason to come back as a servant or not" if he doesn't have a wish for the Holy Grail. 
Hell, Extra!Vlad can be summoned and he explicitly doesn't want to have anything to do with a false grail like the ones always used in the Holy Grail War.
To quote him on his MyRoom line about the holy grail, "There is only a single holy grail in the world. Even if it can grant wishes, there is no value to be had in a fake... Comrade, if you have any faith, you'd best not commit your being to something foolish."

The Power of Protection of Faith A+++ guis.

EDIT: oh I saw a thing on the Ruler class requirements. Well...

iirc:

1. Person must not have a wish for the holy grail.
  2. Person must be an impartial judge.
Spoiler

This is the entire reason for why Holmes was even allowed to be put into the Ruler class container in the first place. Oh and before you say "but what about Amakusa", he was put into the damned class because the Einzbern CHEATED  in order to summon either Avenger or Ruler as their own servant during the 3rd Holy Grail War.

Edited by N30

18 minutes ago, N30 said:
  Hide contents

@Czarpy The Benkei that we see in GO, and during the original Apocrypha concept was a guy named Hitachibou Kaison (Source: Benkei Profile, Bond 4). He's yet another one of Yoshitsune's retainers. To make up for the fact that he basically abandoned his allies to die by running away from the last battle. he became the narrator of Yoshitsune's and Benkei's stories (same source as before). Hell, he even impersonated as Benkei to spread his name all over Japan - which is how he can be summoned in the guy's place.

Hide contents

@YotsuMaboroshi Cu didn't have a wish for the grail in SN - he just wanted a good fight. So in the real Benkei's case, it's more of "do i have a reason to come back as a servant or not" if he doesn't have a wish for the Holy Grail. 
Hell, Extra!Vlad can be summoned and he explicitly doesn't want to have anything to do with a false grail like the ones always used in the Holy Grail War.
To quote him on his MyRoom line about the holy grail, "There is only a single holy grail in the world. Even if it can grant wishes, there is no value to be had in a fake... Comrade, if you have any faith, you'd best not commit your being to something foolish."

The Power of Protection of Faith A+++ guis.

EDIT: oh I saw a thing on the Ruler class requirements. Well...

iirc:

1. Person must not have a wish for the holy grail.
  2. Person must be an impartial judge.
  Hide contents

This is the entire reason for why Holmes was even allowed to be put into the Ruler class container in the first place. Oh and before you say "but what about Amakusa", he was put into the damned class because the Einzbern CHEATED  in order to summon either Avenger or Ruler as their own servant during the 3rd Holy Grail War.

Spoiler

Don't a lot of warrior type servants have the wish of "fighting a good fight" type of wish?

oh hey assassin daily. I need some gold monuments.

hng I've got Shiki/Jack/MhX. Will I ever need a another gold Assassin after Summer Scatach fills my AoE assassin slot?

• I completed the the Rome arc, that was a mixed bag . I can't figure out why.
  • I got Emiya to his first ascension, I hope he becomes stronger
  • I also got Hans Christian Andersen by the friend point summon, I heard he is a strong Caster.
  • Find the items to upgrade skills is becoming difficult to get.

18 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:
  • I completed the the Rome arc, that was a mixed bag . I can't figure out why.
  • I got Emiya to his first ascension, I hope he becomes stronger
  • I also got Hans Christian Andersen by the friend point summon, I heard he is a strong Caster.
  • Find the items to upgrade skills is becoming difficult to get.

It's because the writer kinda went full on Nero fanboy. That and 

Spoiler

Waste of Waver/Alexander and a horrible waste of Romulus.

Emiya's gonna have to wait until this summer to get his SQ.

Hans is amazingly handy. Especially once he hits np5.

There's  lot of guides. The training hall dailies are 1/2 off so you can easily grab skill gems if you want. (I'd just wait for the da vinci event. I think the only items that aren't in that event's lottery are dragon fangs, pages, and gears. I'm just waiting for horseshoes.)

Oh hey got David to max level. Next up for the max level treatment from today's dailies will be Kid Gil. Tomorrow I get to farm the shit out of the saber dailies for gems and fangs.

Edited by Czarpy

38 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

After reading  this page of the requirements of a servant to be a ruler. I'm curious of what does it take to be an Avenger, if there are so few of them?

Spoiler

Their legend has to be centered around revenge. Or at least a substantial part of it.

Man I want to save for Jalter, but I wanna roll for Drake. :/ I mean we'll get like 50 SQ in the meantime but goddamn it I want the best one san

Ugh just gotta hold strong for two more weeks. 

31 minutes ago, Czarpy said:
  Hide contents

Their legend has to be centered around revenge. Or at least a substantial part of it.

Spoiler

I'm pretty certain you have to hate humanity to be an Avenger.  The legends of Angra Mainyu and Hessian Lobo aren't exactly centered around revenge.

10 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:
  Hide contents

I'm pretty certain you have to hate humanity to be an Avenger.  The legends of Angra Mainyu and Hessian Lobo aren't exactly centered around revenge.

Spoiler

But what about Dante's?

35 minutes ago, Czarpy said:
  Hide contents

But what about Dante's?

Spoiler

Dantes's story is centered on revenge, but that's not the requirement to be an Avenger.  In Dantes case, he hated humanity after he was betrayed, and sought vengeance while still alive.  Avenger Dantes is summoned from while he was the Count of Monte Cristo, and hated humanity.  This is why the Servant insists he isn't Dantes, because being summoned at that point of time means he will always hate humanity and will never be redeemed as the real Edmond Dantes was.

Angra Mainyu hates humanity due to them using him a scapegoat for all the worlds evils.  Lobo hates humanity because they killed his mate, then used her body to trap him (I'm unsure if the Hessian soldier contributes to Hessian Lobo's Avenger-ness).  Gorgon hates humanity because they constantly pestered her and her sisters, requiring her to kill them en-masse, which resulted in her eventually becoming a monster.  Jalter is Jeanne d'Arc's hatred of humanity for burning her at the stake (which is explicitly noted to not actually exist in the real Jeanne, it's Gilles conception of how she should act). 

Revenge against humanity is an Avenger's current motivation, but not necessarily the center of their legend.

^^ Watch it, or mister smokey is going to get mad.

ugh

farming saber gems is fun

Killing Artoria over and over with Ko Gil is even funnier.

I'm wondering where Kid Gil stands on an F2P tier list. He's definately at least a B. It just seems that he keeps missing KOs that he should be getting.

Have an Arash everyone.

Spoiler

28870528_1990271107904683_3165932874780114944_o.thumb.jpg.caed10f98490f7596396b1267efb3706.jpg

Man what the fuck.

11 hours ago, Czarpy said:

I'm wondering where Kid Gil stands on an F2P tier list. He's definately at least a B. It just seems that he keeps missing KOs that he should be getting.

Very high B, if not A. But I would probably place him at B.

This kid has some serious potential. He has one of the highest Ranks on Charisma which makes solid Support. On top of that he has good hit counts on all of his cards which benefits his NP gain greatly with Golden Rule (which at max. rank gives him a whooping 50% increase). His damage output is solid, too, with good base Atk and Divinity adding more to it.

The only thing that sucks about him is his 2nd skill and lackluster NP damage. Charm is useless as ever and AoE NP is too lacking in power. His debuffs aren't necessarily good either since they only last 1 turn though the massive NP down can be handy to let your party survive in conjuction with another defensive skill (like Mash's).

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I was a bit bored today so I decided to throw 3 tickets away. The first pull was Darius, then Hektor, for my last pull it was a Kaleidoscope. Already my luck is strong.

hahaha

Don't get mister smokey mad

1 hour ago, Zeratul said:

Very high B, if not A. But I would probably place him at B.

This kid has some serious potential. He has one of the highest Ranks on Charisma which makes solid Support. On top of that he has good hit counts on all of his cards which benefits his NP gain greatly with Golden Rule (which at max. rank gives him a whooping 50% increase). His damage output is solid, too, with good base Atk and Divinity adding more to it.

The only thing that sucks about him is his 2nd skill and lackluster NP damage. Charm is useless as ever and AoE NP is too lacking in power. His debuffs aren't necessarily good either since they only last 1 turn though the massive NP down can be handy to let your party survive in conjuction with another defensive skill (like Mash's).

yeah if an SQ pops up that gives another buff to his second skill or makes his NP debuffs last a full 3 turns, then he'd be better.

I still like using him because of A rank charisma and an AoE NP. 

man I'm gonna roll for Lalter once the weekly missions renew later. I'll just grab the 3sq and try for her. I mean it might backfire since I already have 2 out of the 5 london gold rarities.

I'll probably get 5 copies of Babbajin

Edited by Czarpy

2 hours ago, Zeratul said:

Is this really the best way to say it when the reason Golden Rule is good is the base 1.8 instead of the hitcount? I mean objectively speaking Gilgamesh have worse NP gain than Post buff Iskandar who have 3/2/1

Also i think his charm is fine(in a boss fight Charm's effect is almost as good as Tamamo's NP), its just that.... the way its used is awkward due to the numbers