Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Watching the NA Livestream was a mistake. 50 minutes in and we are finally getting somewhere, but I feel like I was better off just catching a vod and passively listening to it...

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Sire said:

Watching the NA Livestream was a mistake. 50 minutes in and we are finally getting somewhere, but I feel like I was better off just catching a vod and passively listening to it...

i think marie isn't the most entertaining guest they could have brought.

it feels boringish

What a waste of time.
If the next story chapters are accompanied by such streams might as well skip them.
Nobody cares about a stream that covers the freaking tutorial for nearly an hour.

Edited by Zeratul

34 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

not to mention they rig the guest gacha

I'm pretty certain that's difficult enough for them to do that they wouldn't bother.

The stream honestly felt like filler.  Aniplex probably wanted the stream for promotion, but didn't have any actual news to share, so they had to come up with something to fill the time and justify the stream.

3 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

I'm pretty certain that's difficult enough for them to do that they wouldn't bother.

The stream honestly felt like filler.  Aniplex probably wanted the stream for promotion, but didn't have any actual news to share, so they had to come up with something to fill the time and justify the stream.

imagine if they made content that was created just for NA

3 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

TBH, you can clear most content with almost whoever you want.  It's far better to roll for servants you like and work around that than to try for "meta" (obvious exception being if you're someone who only enjoys playing meta, but that sort of person is probably doomed to either whale-dom or E-rank luck due to power creep).  I personally kept an account with Marie and Liz as my main account, despite having rolled a few 5 stars during my rerolling.

The initial E Pluribus Unum banner has rate ups for Nightingale (5*), Helena (4*), Rama(4*), Billy(3*), and Geronimo(3*), with Billy and Geronimo being added to the FP gacha at the same time.  It also has 3 CEs on rate up, but none of them are particularly noteworthy.  If we follow JP, we'll get the rate ups on the story locked servants on two separate banners a little later:

Reveal hidden contents

One banner with just Medb (5*), and one with both Thomas Edison (4*) and Cu Alter (5*).  No CE rate ups on these banners IIRC.

Edit:  There's a possibility of Jalter coming before the story lock banners, as I think it did in JP, but NA might change the banner order.

3 hours ago, Czarpy said:

just roll for your faves https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12am98q-n71B5hV6kbOhqaMCpVT9gEyL82ihM98PZEG0/edit#gid=1747575292

If you want rama/nightengale/helena/geronimo/billy, then this is the roll for you

iirc, the only crappy servant on rate-up geronimo, but he's cheap enough to raise anyways lol.

besides, if you pull nightengale, she works with liz

Thanks! 

Well, I don't really know much about the meta outside of a certain wizard breaking the game for some reason, I just want Jalter because she looks cool and I saw that she got some nice clothes later. The only servant I want more than anyone is Musashi but I don't think saving for so long is a good idea unless I wish to become a salt mine.

I'll use some tickets for NIghtingale, her art is meh but the idea of having a Berserker nurse is hilarious. I fear needles though.

Oh, btw what was going on with that stream? I watched a bit of it but it was pretty boring watching the girl playing through the tutorial (getting 3 SR servants was the highlight) so I left halfway through. I hope I didn't miss anything.

37 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Thanks! 

Well, I don't really know much about the meta outside of a certain wizard breaking the game for some reason, I just want Jalter because she looks cool and I saw that she got some nice clothes later. The only servant I want more than anyone is Musashi but I don't think saving for so long is a good idea unless I wish to become a salt mine.

I'll use some tickets for NIghtingale, her art is meh but the idea of having a Berserker nurse is hilarious. I fear needles though.

Oh, btw what was going on with that stream? I watched a bit of it but it was pretty boring watching the girl playing through the tutorial (getting 3 SR servants was the highlight) so I left halfway through. I hope I didn't miss anything.

You didn't really miss anything, as the only thing afterwards was going over the rate-up servants except for Geronimo.  Generally speaking, the streams are largely just for talking about FGO, promoting the upcoming story chapter, and possibly announcing other upcoming stuff.  Since they didn't have any actual announcements, the stream was pretty pointless.

24 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

You didn't really miss anything, as the only thing afterwards was going over the rate-up servants except for Geronimo.  Generally speaking, the streams are largely just for talking about FGO, promoting the upcoming story chapter, and possibly announcing other upcoming stuff.  Since they didn't have any actual announcements, the stream was pretty pointless.

did they purposely pass on geronimo since he's THAT bad lol

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

Thanks! 

musashi comes close to king hassan tho

Jalter is supposed to be really good. I've got a bunch of cash on the side for her just in case.

I don't expect much of anything tho.

The way I look at it is "do my pulls veer towards arts/buster/quick"teams. In my case, I seem to pull art/stargenning/crit (tamamo/vlad/bryn/jack) servants a lot so I'm more likely to go for helena/nightengale/rama than I am for Jalter (buster meme).

besides Jalter is said to get a banner later this year if we follow the JP banners. (and it's after the summer event too, thank god.)

Edited by Czarpy

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

did they purposely pass on geronimo since he's THAT bad lol

musashi comes close to king hassan tho

Jalter is supposed to be really good. I've got a bunch of cash on the side for her just in case.

I don't expect much of anything tho.

The way I look at it is "do my pulls veer towards arts/buster/quick"teams. In my case, I seem to pull art/stargenning/crit (tamamo/vlad/bryn/jack) servants a lot so I'm more likely to go for helena/nightengale/rama than I am for Jalter (buster meme).

besides Jalter is said to get a banner later this year if we follow the JP banners. (and it's after the summer event too, thank god.)

I know, but Musashi is love with her dual blades, killer design and cute plushie so I'll have to skip on the old man of the mountain unless I luck out. She's going to take a while to come so I'll try to save $300 for her and 200+ S, but I won't spend for anyone before her.

That's nice, I'll consider her being super good as a bonus if I get her, although with how little quartz I have atm I don't have much hopes...

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

Ironically, Nightingale's more Buster meme than she is Arts.  She's intended as a Buster support, like Tamamo is intended to be Arts support.  She can work for Arts stall, simply because her NP is really good defensively, but an Arts stall team would mostly ignore her third skill.  Bryn plays well with her at least, being a ST Buster Lancer.

24 sq right off the bat huh

gonna get me 6 sq from the america quests then roll.

7 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Ironically, Nightingale's more Buster meme than she is Arts.  She's intended as a Buster support, like Tamamo is intended to be Arts support.  She can work for Arts stall, simply because her NP is really good defensively, but an Arts stall team would mostly ignore her third skill.  Bryn plays well with her at least, being a ST Buster Lancer.

welp

Bet she's fun to use with Leonidas+Bryn tho.

6 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

So my first SSR is Waver, Kuro is the reason i played the game and now i get Helena

Am i secretly farranpoison from a different timeline where farran is f2p

Wouldn't that require you to not roll Helena?  At least for another year or so.

6 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Wouldn't that require you to not roll Helena?  At least for another year or so.

In a timeline where he's f2p Helena will come immediately

or something

SINGULARITY man

7 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Am i secretly farranpoison from a different timeline where farran is f2p

Who?

21 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Obviously we need to correct it then or we aren't going to get FGO NA, Ereshkigal or Semiramis.

Jokes on you, we have already been missing the Karna & Arjuna banner, I was kinda looking forward to.

47 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Who?

Jokes on you, we have already been missing the Karna & Arjuna banner, I was kinda looking forward to.

It's a meme from the subreddit.  farranpoison is a user who really wanted Helena, but failed to get her on any of her rate-ups for a long enough time that it became a meme, to the point that people joked that we'd get FGO NA when farran finally managed to rolled Helena.  Amusingly enough, he rolled Helena right before FGO NA was announced, leading to a new meme where people give the roll credit for breaking the "Ereshkigal when?" and "Semiramis when?" memes.

I went with 1 ticket and 30 quartz. Got Billy the Kid the 5* CE. I wonder if Billy is any good, either way I'll leave it at that because at least the CE means that the roll was good enough.

3 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I went with 1 ticket and 30 quartz. Got Billy the Kid the 5* CE. I wonder if Billy is any good, either way I'll leave it at that because at least the CE means that the roll was good enough.

Billy's a crit centric archer. He's supposed to be legit good

60 SQ

-Geronimo

-Billy

-Buncha 4* ce's

Eh I really wanted Billy asap so no real regrets. 

Fucking FP gacha gave me three 3* servants wtf is my luck.

Edited by Czarpy