Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

Billy's a crit centric archer. He's supposed to be legit good

He'll pair nicely with a good Assasin then. Regend is decent enough at generating stars from what I've played so I'll have them together for now, although from what I've heard crit teams are the weakest in the game because they don't have good supports.

4 hours ago, Alexmender said:

He'll pair nicely with a good Assasin then. Regend is decent enough at generating stars from what I've played so I'll have them together for now, although from what I've heard crit teams are the weakest in the game because they don't have good supports.

actually it's quick teams you're thinking of, and that's only once Merlin comes.

Billy's got the ability to have 160% crit damage buff. Pair him with  star generator (Caesar, Hassan, maybe Kojirou, etc.) and a buffer (Hans, Waver, Caesar, etc.) and watch the fun.

rolled more

got a kaleidoscope and a lot of primal whatevers. The 4* debuff resist ce with the fsn caster's original master on it.

Not bad. I'm gonna see if I can roll again at the banners end since I want helena/rama.

Edited by Czarpy

9 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Czarpy already sait it but to clarify Crit team is actually the strongest in the game, no less because crit doubles everything(star gen, np gen, damage) and crit skills are super strong(50% crit skills increase crit damage by 50% your full damage which means you deals triple damage on a crit)

One of many reason Quick is weak atm is actually because they are the worst at using crits

19 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Regend isn't bad for that purpose though you will have to rely on NP spam to do so (his attacks produce not much stars for an Assassin). Thankfully Kid's Crit modifer lasts 1 turn anyway so you can alternate between NP and Crit bursts to deal damage.

---

I don't see what's so bad about E Pluribus Unum yet.
Pretty predictable most of the time but the premise isn't bad and the writing is imo better than Septem and London so far.

Though it makes me want to punch Fionn even harder.

---

Btw. Fergus' Interlude is hilarious. This man really thinks with his groin sometimes.

45 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Regend isn't bad for that purpose though you will have to rely on NP spam to do so (his attacks produce not much stars for an Assassin). Thankfully Kid's Crit modifer lasts 1 turn anyway so you can alternate between NP and Crit bursts to deal damage.

---

Pretty predictable most of the time but the premise isn't bad and the writing is imo better than Septem and London so far.

---

Btw. Fergus' Interlude is hilarious. This man really thinks with his groin sometimes.

is this you wondering why people say EPU is bad or is it the previous arc being so bad your first reaction is to see whats so bad about new singularity from the get go

BTK seems to be not too good before his Interlude

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

why people say EPU is bad

This.
I think it was Geek who mentioned that the 5th one was considered another low point among the singularities.

9 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

This.
I think it was Geek who mentioned that the 5th one was considered another low point among the singularities.

Isn't 5th London? and i think the flaw of that singularity is hilariously obvious

The only time i saw complaints about EPU is its facing Higashide syndrome of i heard too many character and being an OP clusterfuck

And the later i can see going to happen mid way through the story, considering its been established that each faction is getting their own nuclear bomb, even if our nuclear bomb is literally getting princess carried after telling us to read his manga

I think my main issue so far is how the first half weirdly rehash Orleans

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

7 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Isn't 5th London? and i think the flaw of that singularity is hilariously obvious

Nope, 5th is America. Fuyuki isn't counted among the seven singularities (since it serves as a prologue).
Yeaaaah ... London. While not as bad as Septem the writing left a lot to be desired. Aside from Hans and Mordred every other Servant was an afterthought pretty much.

8 hours ago, Emeraldfox said:

XtXlgve.png

I did it. I also got NP3 Helena.

congrats. who's next?

gimme a Helena

1 hour ago, Zeratul said:

---

---

Kojirou/Billy+Hans/Waver would probably be the best bet for him if he wants to run them as a crit team.

I haven't used him in a while, but isn't Hassan considered to be the best budget crit star generator?

13 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

The only time i saw complaints about EPU is its facing Higashide syndrome of i heard too many character and being an OP clusterfuck

And the later i can see going to happen mid way through the story, considering its been established that each faction is getting their own nuclear bomb, even if our nuclear bomb is literally getting princess carried after telling us to read his manga

I think my main issue so far is how the first half weirdly rehash Orleans

Spoiler

my main problem with this is that it writes everyone on the other sides as cartoonishly evil. (Well Edison's more of a dickbag, but hey)

i just don't like how they constantly make Arjuna look this level of bad. That and it seems that the non-bloodthirsty enemies just wind up dying anyways without much character development. (Fergus) 

Liz+Nero is blatant fanservice and I wish we wound up having alternatives to them. Wouldn't Fionn be a good one to join us since he's not part of Medb's legends and would probably offer a different viewpoint?  I mean fucks sake Beowulf and Fergus make sense as warriors who just want a good fight and all, but Fionn/Diarmud being lumped in without regard for their cycle being different seems to be kinda stupid.

Also wtf is up with the Scatach love in fgo. Did she steal Fionn's feats or something?

Hey at least Geronimo's given some good lines. Wish Billy got more screentime though.

ya know, they could have given a nod towards Vikings landing in America by having Eric Bloodaxe show up, but it seems he's not being used at all.

29 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

congrats. who's next?

gimme a Helena

Kojirou/Billy+Hans/Waver would probably be the best bet for him if he wants to run them as a crit team.

I haven't used him in a while, but isn't Hassan considered to be the best budget crit star generator?

Hide contents

my main problem with this is that it writes everyone on the other sides as cartoonishly evil. (Well Edison's more of a dickbag, but hey)

i just don't like how they constantly make Arjuna look this level of bad. That and it seems that the non-bloodthirsty enemies just wind up dying anyways without much character development. (Fergus) 

Liz+Nero is blatant fanservice and I wish we wound up having alternatives to them. Wouldn't Fionn be a good one to join us since he's not part of Medb's legends and would probably offer a different viewpoint?  I mean fucks sake Beowulf and Fergus make sense as warriors who just want a good fight and all, but Fionn/Diarmud being lumped in without regard for their cycle being different seems to be kinda stupid.

Also wtf is up with the Scatach love in fgo. Did she steal Fionn's feats or something?

Hey at least Geronimo's given some good lines. Wish Billy got more screentime though.

ya know, they could have given a nod towards Vikings landing in America by having Eric Bloodaxe show up, but it seems he's not being used at all.

Spoiler

Yeah i find Fionn amusing in EPU because i'm a dick like that, but they undersell him so hard(esp consideirng he's  THE hero of Ireland) its not even funny. Wasn't Nero/Liz supposed to be there to heal Rama? THE FUCK DIDN"T THEY JUST USE FIONN FOR THAT. Out of MANY things Fionn did not get in Fate for some reason, its one thing that he's explicitly mentioned to have. Even the circumstances lines up for that

Arjuna is a trainwreck, even if i actually like Fate Arjuna as a whole lol

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

3 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Hide contents

Yeah i find Fionn amusing in EPU because i'm a dick like that, but they undersell him so hard(esp consideirng he's  THE hero of Ireland) its not even funny. Wasn't Nero/Liz supposed to be there to heal Rama? THE FUCK DIDN"T THEY JUST USE FIONN FOR THAT. Out of MANY things Fionn did not get in Fate for some reason, its one thing that he's explicitly mentioned to have. Even the circumstances lines up for that

Arjuna is a trainwreck, even if i actually like Fate Arjuna as a whole lol

Spoiler

-Fionn and Arjuna really got the shit end of the stick in in terms of character development. 

In as much as I do like Rama, wtf was up with the healing bullshit. They had someone that could have willingly defected and healed him, but decided to use contrived in-universe mechanics that'll never be explored again.

Nero sort of made sense, but they could have easily used any ruler. Hell, given Bloodaxe's character that we know of, they could have had his witch-wife dispell his mad enhancement to hold a proper conversation since he's supposed to be a good guy and ruler if the interlude was any indication. (Personally I would have loved it if they used Bloodaxe/Romulus/David to show the whole conflicting views on what a ruler is, instead of just using fucking Nero again. Hell, even Artoria would have made sense since the British had much to do with the development of America as it is instead of fucking Nero ugh)

56 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Hide contents

Wasn't Nero/Liz supposed to be there to heal Rama?

Spoiler

No they weren't.  They were recruited simply because they got summoned and the group wanted to recruit a Lancer and a Saber.  The goal for healing Rama was always to find Sita, we just didn't know where she was and needed more party members.

If I had to guess, I'd say they wanted some Extra servants to play off of Robin a bit, plus it allowed them to "rewrite" Nero to try and make up for the Septem Nero Sue.

28 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:
  Hide contents

No they weren't.  They were recruited simply because they got summoned and the group wanted to recruit a Lancer and a Saber.  The goal for healing Rama was always to find Sita, we just didn't know where she was and needed more party members.

If I had to guess, I'd say they wanted some Extra servants to play off of Robin a bit, plus it allowed them to "rewrite" Nero to try and make up for the Septem Nero Sue.

Spoiler

Don't they already have Lancer Li Shuwen.

36 minutes ago, Czarpy said:
  Hide contents

Don't they already have Lancer Li Shuwen.

Spoiler

Storywise he doesn't show up until after the assassination attempt fails.  The party at the time was Mash, Geronimo, Billy and Robin.  Geronimo wanted a Saber and and Lancer to help serve as front liners alongside Mash.

Nero and Liz were summoned by the Grail alongside Robin, which was how he knew of them.

2 hours ago, Czarpy said:

congrats. who's next?

gimme a Helena

As far as grailing to 100? No one else probably. But I do plan on grailing a few 4 star servants to 90. Also give me a Tamamo Cat

21 hours ago, Czarpy said:

actually it's quick teams you're thinking of, and that's only once Merlin comes.

Billy's got the ability to have 160% crit damage buff. Pair him with  star generator (Caesar, Hassan, maybe Kojirou, etc.) and a buffer (Hans, Waver, Caesar, etc.) and watch the fun.

rolled more

got a kaleidoscope and a lot of primal whatevers. The 4* debuff resist ce with the fsn caster's original master on it.

Not bad. I'm gonna see if I can roll again at the banners end since I want helena/rama.

13 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Czarpy already sait it but to clarify Crit team is actually the strongest in the game, no less because crit doubles everything(star gen, np gen, damage) and crit skills are super strong(50% crit skills increase crit damage by 50% your full damage which means you deals triple damage on a crit)

One of many reason Quick is weak atm is actually because they are the worst at using crits

3 hours ago, Zeratul said:

---

---

I see, I guess I lumped them together because the description of Quick cards is that they generate more Crit stars so it seemed like those two worked together, but just like my newb status would dictate I was wrong about that. Then I'll finish grinding hands to get Billy into his 2nd Ascension because I lack the materials to get anyone above that and I can only farm free quests up to Septem.

--

While rolling the FP gacha I got a Hans who I should level up ASAP and a NP5 Mata Hari but I don't think she's useful so I'll leave her there for the day I have spare resources for her interlude.

3 hours ago, Czarpy said:

haven't used him in a while, but isn't Hassan considered to be the best budget crit star generator?

He is because he has 3 hits on his Quick cards and a very high rank in PC. Plus PfW keeps him alive and gives him even higher star gen.

imo Kojiro is better for Billy the Kid because synergizes more in terms of NP reliance and burst output. He can very easily produce 30+ stars with his NP and 2nd skill which is more than enough to fuel a Brave Chain with Crits. Considering his buffs only last 1 turn anyway that's more than enough.

1 hour ago, Emeraldfox said:

As far as grailing to 100? No one else probably. But I do plan on grailing a few 4 star servants to 90. Also give me a Tamamo Cat

i only got one tamacat and she's on farming duty.

that and she gives me sq for bond levels

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

I see, I guess I lumped them together because the description of Quick cards is that they generate more Crit stars so it seemed like those two worked together, but just like my newb status would dictate I was wrong about that. Then I'll finish grinding hands to get Billy into his 2nd Ascension because I lack the materials to get anyone above that and I can only farm free quests up to Septem.

--

While rolling the FP gacha I got a Hans who I should level up ASAP and a NP5 Mata Hari but I don't think she's useful so I'll leave her there for the day I have spare resources for her interlude.

Hans is stupidly broken for a bronze servant. 

Mata Hari's usable, but you probably want to clear content and raise a strong assassin like kojirou/hassan/jing ke/jekyll right now. 

Just now, Zeratul said:

He is because he has 3 hits on his Quick cards and a very high rank in PC. Plus PfW keeps him alive and gives him even higher star gen.

imo Kojiro is better for Billy the Kid because synergizes more in terms of NP reliance and burst output. He can very easily produce 30+ stars with his NP and 2nd skill which is more than enough to fuel a Brave Chain with Crits. Considering his buffs only last 1 turn anyway that's more than enough.

oh yeah

but then Hassan's guaranteed to get more stars on a regular basis so it kinda comes down to "who do you like more".

I just use Jack for all my star generating needs, but Hassan/Kojirou work well enough. I've heard that Kotarou Fuuma is the best low star ranking star generator+support tho.

2 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

but then Hassan's guaranteed to get more stars on a regular basis so it kinda comes down to "who do you like more".

I just use Jack for all my star generating needs, but Hassan/Kojirou work well enough. I've heard that Kotarou Fuuma is the best low star ranking star generator+support tho.

Preach.
Hassan has better sustained star generation but I would take Kojiro as "guaranteed" over him. You never rely on his cards after all, you just use his NP and Vitrify. In case of Hassan you have to use his cards (which are lackluster due to low stats and being Quick) and his NP is pretty bad as well.

... then we have Fuuma who is stupidly broken Support. Targetable Evade, massive Debuff on debuff resistance for Stun Servants, Sabotage and his NP not only has a decent hitcount but also debuffs Defense after his Interlude.
Every talk about Kojiro vs Hassan becomes irrelevant once this guy hits the shores.

1 hour ago, Zeratul said:

Preach.
Hassan has better sustained star generation but I would take Kojiro as "guaranteed" over him. You never rely on his cards after all, you just use his NP and Vitrify. In case of Hassan you have to use his cards (which are lackluster due to low stats and being Quick) and his NP is pretty bad as well.

... then we have Fuuma who is stupidly broken Support. Targetable Evade, massive Debuff on debuff resistance for Stun Servants, Sabotage and his NP not only has a decent hitcount but also debuffs Defense after his Interlude.
Every talk about Kojiro vs Hassan becomes irrelevant once this guy hits the shores.

Fuuma comes in what, May?

Oh yay targetable evade lol

37 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Fuuma comes in what, May?

Oh yay targetable evade lol

Kotarou was added with Onigashima, which was in early July 2016 on JP.  So probably June/July.  That's also when we get Ibaraki, limited Raikou, and welfare Kintoki.

You probably confused it with the Ibaraki Douji raid, which should come after Jalter.  That only added Shuten Douji as a limited servant.

6 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Kotarou was added with Onigashima, which was in early July 2016 on JP.  So probably June/July.  That's also when we get Ibaraki, limited Raikou, and welfare Kintoki.

You probably confused it with the Ibaraki Douji raid, which should come after Jalter.  That only added Shuten Douji as a limited servant.

oh yeah. Shuten's an arts AoE assassin, right? I might try rolling for her.

hmn the Nightengale banner's gonna be up for 2 more weeks. I'm gonna see if I can get enough sq for one more 10 roll since I really want one of the focus 4* servants from this banner. I don't have a gold STNP saber or a party NP gauge booster. 

does america drop horseshoes? I just need one more to ascend billy. 

and I'm going to be farming bones for the gunslinger too.

if they hold back the da vinci event until the middle of april, i might just have my bronze servants bond levels raised enough to get me about 3-4 more apples. 

oh wow thread. right this exists
reads thread

clears throat 

Spoiler

Li Shuwen wasn't exactly known until basically everyone but Robin Hood bites it on the assassination team.

And now that's done, I'm suffering in JP because Saber Wars finally has a rerun.

Ooh... ohhh nooo....

IT HAS A RERUN. SHIT

EDIT: realized it was only a handful of people. Put in something else I found odd about people's observations

Edited by N30
I'd have more to say, but I actually gotta read over America. I read the summary like a year back so I already know wtf happens