Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

4 minutes ago, N30 said:

oh wow thread. right this exists
reads thread

clears throat 

Hide contents

...How the fuck did you some of you guys come to the conclusion that Liz and Nero were brought in to heal Rama?! Geronimo spells it out to you shortly after escaping from Edison's clutches that manpower was needed - and that was the intent with recruiting both Liz and Nero. >_>

And now that's done, I'm suffering in JP because Saber Wars finally has a rerun.

Ooh... ohhh nooo....

IT HAS A RERUN. SHIT.

Spoiler

idk how people came to that conclusion

lol seiba wars rerun.

UHX is gonna get fucked by all the Shebas and whatnot.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

oh yeah. Shuten's an arts AoE assassin, right? I might try rolling for her.

hmn the Nightengale banner's gonna be up for 2 more weeks. I'm gonna see if I can get enough sq for one more 10 roll since I really want one of the focus 4* servants from this banner. I don't have a gold STNP saber or a party NP gauge booster. 

does america drop horseshoes? I just need one more to ascend billy. 

and I'm going to be farming bones for the gunslinger too.

if they hold back the da vinci event until the middle of april, i might just have my bronze servants bond levels raised enough to get me about 3-4 more apples. 

No horseshoes in America AFAIK.  You still have to farm Okeanos.

I use this spreadsheet for figuring out where to farm mats:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_SlTjrVRTgHgfS7sRqx4CeJMqlz687HdSlYqiW-JvQA/edit#gid=525320539

52 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

What's wrong with the Saber Wars?

it's a pain in the ass, but you get materials and gems and shit.

Oh and I suppose you get np5 Saber Lily. I guess she's good if you're a beginner, but a raised Fergus/Caesar kinda outclass her.

but MHX+Nero/Saber Alter are on rate-up during saber wars, so it's a good shot to get a really rare Assassin or a really good 4* saber. From my experience, MHX is kinda average. The fact that Assassin Shiki pops up a month later sorta gives her competition.

I think MHX popped up for all 6 of the SF FGO NA players. One guy got her to np3 because she kept popping up. (It's all because of @MrSmokestack isn't it?)

18 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

No horseshoes in America AFAIK.  You still have to farm Okeanos.

I use this spreadsheet for figuring out where to farm mats:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_SlTjrVRTgHgfS7sRqx4CeJMqlz687HdSlYqiW-JvQA/edit#gid=525320539

oh poo

well, time to look for that 10% chance or whatever.

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

What's wrong with the Saber Wars?

Nothing. It’s your standard F/GO event fare with a twist; the event CEs boost your team’s attack, and saber (as well as “Saber”) units get an additional attack bonus.

In short, support Okita and MHX dominate pretty hard, and even the infamous archer node still loses hard to support Cu or [Insert OP Lancer here]

Until now Saber Wars was one of the only events that did not get a rerun. I’m glad it finally did since I was actually looking forward to playing it again.

Also, my goodness. MHX animation update. I’m so happy.

On 3/11/2018 at 1:30 AM, Czarpy said:

^^ Watch it, or mister smokey is going to get mad.

Why would I, though?

Is it just me or are the America cutscenes bugged? I’ve been getting lots of freezes which forced me to skip over a bunch of them.

Edited by MrSmokestack

20 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Is it just me or are the America cutscenes bugged? I’ve been getting lots of freezes which forced me to skip over a bunch of them

Can't say that it happened to me. If anything FEH is acting up on my phone but that's a different issue entirely.

21 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Also, my goodness. MHX animation update. I’m so happy.

She now eats cup ramen for her skill activation. Does that even count as an upgrade?

---

Spoiler

Unless Li Shuwen has any relevance later I can see why people say that E Pluribus Unum suffers from Higashide syndrome.

Liz is pretty much irrelevant except being another Servant while Beowulf just gives up on Alcatraz and apparently gets away with it. Not to mention Fionn is extremly cringe-worthy and even Diarmuid facepalms at his stupidity. Even Nero could have been replaced with any other Servant that has a Reality Marble NP and she doesn't even last long against Cu Alter. Not to mention why her Bride version?  She even points out to her Imperial Privilege skill which she doesn't even have in her Bride form.

Still have to see how this folds out now with facing Edison. The Rama arc was not bad and Nightingale is b***** insane.

Also, is it just me but everytime Karna shows up every Fate story has to compensate his presence with some non-sense? It's obvious that Arjuna's entire presence here is to face Karna and that's it.

Spoiler
5 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Also, is it just me but everytime Karna shows up every Fate story has to compensate his presence with some non-sense?

By nonsense, you mean "gimping him with a shitty master like how Artoria, Berserker!Lancelot, Medusa at first, Cu (Bazett's a way better master for him than Kirei, let's be real here), and Richard (not as gimped, but his friends can't manifest fully beyond interacting with shit through his shadow - which can be a big minus depending on the situation)" in CCC? Because that's just usual crap in that appearence (he is even more gimped under Jinako than Artoria was under Shirou.)

@Zeratul

yay got Rama off a yolo pull

I'm gonna have to wait for the wednesday berserker node to farm crystals, but I'm only 5 short.

Does Leonidas+Rama+Brynhidr/Shakespeare/Jack make a good crit team?

I guess I'll just save for a shot at Helena then. I really want the party buffs she offers.

@N30 Does Type Moon have a Karna fetish? He's shown up in CCC, Apocrypha, and in FGO as the same fucking cliche "noble enemy" bullshit. 

man wtf, I was fucking around with an alt account I'm gonna give away to a friend and I just pulled two rama, in addition to fran+tesla.

He's gonna be starting the game with hercules, fran, tesla, and an np2 rama. Did I make it a little too easy for him?

another rama on the alt giveaway account, wtf.

Edited by Czarpy

19 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

yay got Rama off a yolo pull

I'm gonna have to wait for the wednesday berserker node to farm crystals, but I'm only 5 short.

Does Leonidas+Rama+Brynhidr/Shakespeare/Jack make a good crit team?

I guess I'll just save for a shot at Helena then. I really want the party buffs she offers.

@N30 Does Type Moon have a Karna fetish? He's shown up in CCC, Apocrypha, and in FGO as the same fucking cliche "noble enemy" bullshit. 

man wtf, I was fucking around with an alt account I'm gonna give away to a friend and I just pulled two rama, in addition to fran+tesla.

He's gonna be starting the game with hercules, fran, tesla, and an np2 rama. Did I make it a little too easy for him?

another rama on the alt giveaway account, wtf.

I know Nasu had Karna fetish(and Japanese apparently had Arjuna fetish go figure). He mentioned hes one of his favorite servant and originally the consideration for the role of Gilgamesh was Karna vs Gil in the original FSN

(I personally like Karna and dislike him for mostly the same reason as DW Zhang Fei for what it worth)

@MrSmokestack i mean i like Saber Wars but the event is actually a bit problematic mainly on the bad first impression and the bad wellfare. It benefits from a rerun but the later issue need to be fixed for that since people will inevitably ask about Kuro Rerun When

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I know Nasu had Karna fetish(and Japanese apparently had Arjuna fetish go figure). He mentioned hes one of his favorite servant and originally the consideration for the role of Gilgamesh was Karna vs Gil in the original FSN

(I personally like Karna and dislike him for mostly the same reason as DW Zhang Fei for what it worth)

@MrSmokestack i mean i like Saber Wars but the event is actually a bit problematic mainly on the bad first impression and the bad wellfare. It benefits from a rerun but the later issue need to be fixed for that since people will inevitably ask about Kuro Rerun When

I'd imagine that fsn with karna would have taken a really dark turn.

like, shirou only 

Spoiler

beats gil due to gil being insane and underestimating shirou. Karna under the black mud probably wouldn't make the same mistake.

Spoiler

FB_IMG_1521301066579.jpg.dc10000b8f8373a14ad0c376d780234c.jpg

New servant hype

oh fucks sake I just realized I have no gold STNP Archer, Rider, or Caster and I have no AoE NP gold Assassin/Lancer.

Gonna check the list of upcoming banners to see who I like that fits the bill.

oh yeah the stnp rider and aoe assassin slots are taken care of by two upcoming welfares.

i guess i'll roll for sanzang too. wouldn't hurt to murderize uhx in the saber wars rerun.

Edited by Czarpy

2 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I'm about to watch Fate Apocrypha later, what I'm in for?

Spoiler

a gary stu and mary sue leading the way. 

Hey the fight scenes are cool, but the biggest problem is having a shitload of characters and not enough time to do jack shit for actual character development.

just don't expect character development or twists on par with the FSN or fate/zero animes. To make it more fun, I recommend a drinking game of "take a shot every time a cliche happens."

the one twist i sorta liked happened in the middle of the series. the caster of black is a very intriguing character.

Edited by Czarpy

@N30

Spoiler
19 hours ago, N30 said:

By nonsense, you mean "gimping him with a shitty master like how Artoria, Berserker!Lancelot, Medusa at first, Cu (Bazett's a way better master for him than Kirei, let's be real here), and Richard (not as gimped, but his friends can't manifest fully beyond interacting with shit through his shadow - which can be a big minus depending on the situation)" in CCC? Because that's just usual crap in that appearence (he is even more gimped under Jinako than Artoria was under Shirou.)

My friend, you're forgetting about Apocrypha.
A technically full powered Karna loses to a Servant-wannabe homunculus because he wastes all of his power on a single attack that fails due to his Rider buddy handing over a counter to Vasavi Shakti to his enemy, robbing him all of his protection so he can be killed by a sword that isn't even Balmung.
Wat.

Also the fact that he is double screwed by his incompetent master in CCC makes the fact even worse. All the other mentioned Masters aren't as worthless as Jinako (Kirei isn't that bad either he just gives Cu really awful orders).

3 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I'm about to watch Fate Apocrypha later, what I'm in for?

Cringe. Then more cringe. Then you will die from the cringiest experience of them all.
This is hell, you're walking into.

47 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

@N30

Hide contents

My friend, you're forgetting about Apocrypha.
A technically full powered Karna loses to a Servant-wannabe homunculus because he wastes all of his power on a single attack that fails due to his Rider buddy handing over a counter to Vasavi Shakti to his enemy, robbing him all of his protection so he can be killed by a sword that isn't even Balmung.
Wat.

Also the fact that he is double screwed by his incompetent master in CCC makes the fact even worse. All the other mentioned Masters aren't as worthless as Jinako (Kirei isn't that bad either he just gives Cu really awful orders).

Cringe. Then more cringe. Then you will die from the cringiest experience of them all.
This is hell, you're walking into.

Spoiler

fate:apocrypha is just the story on "sieg gets lucky".

22 hours ago, Zeratul said:
  Hide contents

Even Nero could have been replaced with any other Servant that has a Reality Marble NP and she doesn't even last long against Cu Alter. Not to mention why her Bride version?  She even points out to her Imperial Privilege skill which she doesn't even have in her Bride form.

Spoiler

First, the script was likely written for regular Nero, as she recognizes Liz and Robin, when Bride never participated in the Moon Grail War, and therefore shouldn't know them.  DW probably threw Bride in there instead for advertising.

Second, Nero literally can't be a Saber without Imperial Privilege.  That's what gives her the skill to qualify as a Saber.  Playable Bride doesn't have it for gameplay reasons.

Third, this ignores how the story was written.  Reality Marbles and comparable skills like Aestus Dominus Aurea are fairly rare.  Additionally, Nero is a King, so her criticism of Cu's kingship is from personal experience, similar to Gil and Iskandar criticizing Artoria during FZ.  Of the servants that have RM-like skills and are Kings, there's only Nero, Nobunaga, Medb, Solomon, Iskandar, and Ozymandias.  Iskandar and Ozymandias aren't available at this time (I don't think Alexander has access to the Ionioi Hetaroi) and would have already formed their own side if either of them had been summoned, Medb and Solomon are villians during the arc, and Nobunaga is a joke character.  That leaves Nero as the only one usable for this type of story.  Using another Servant (like EMIYA) wouldn't let them provide a similar criticism of Cu's kingship.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Women falling in love with a piece of cardboard.

i don't think you're supposed to use the plural here.

whoop de doo, i need saber exp cards and octuplet crystals.

on a side note, Cu Alter hits like a truck. Shame he can't deal with the power of KAZIKLI BEY ARTS BRAVE CHAIN and BRYNHILDR ROMANTIA BUSTER BRAVE CHAIN WITH CRIT.

fucker didn't even use PfA on his three turns he was alive.

ugh fergus has an interlude. i'll do that sometime. At least I actually use him.

when does DW start to fully get the hang of servant design? Nightengale's kit feels kinda weird.

17 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

i don't think you're supposed to use the plural here.

whoop de doo, i need saber exp cards and octuplet crystals.

on a side note, Cu Alter hits like a truck. Shame he can't deal with the power of KAZIKLI BEY ARTS BRAVE CHAIN and BRYNHILDR ROMANTIA BUSTER BRAVE CHAIN WITH CRIT.

fucker didn't even use PfA on his three turns he was alive.

ugh fergus has an interlude. i'll do that sometime. At least I actually use him.

when does DW start to fully get the hang of servant design? Nightengale's kit feels kinda weird.

Nights kit is legitimately ridiculously good, first skill is a low cd heal, second is a she become super Berserker button, her third is a straightforwaed Buster buff

And her Quick Card is insanely good, she can get like sub 14-20 stars with (whatever + whatever + Night Quick)

The whole criticism about support berserker is silly because:

1. Support being a caster was neat due to Arts Card, NP gain, and star weight. Nightingale generally have BETTER NP gain than most Caster, phenomenal star production on her peak, and gutter star weight. She negates most of the downside of being Zerk with her OP as fuck 2nd skill

2. Caster support have low damage. Nightingale have monstrous D2D card damage... its literally Berserker with 3 turn Mana Burst ffs. Your damage dealer won't have their peak 24/7

Only issue is her NP is a heal with bigger True Name Discernment effect, but her NP avoids the potential issue of Ko-Gil by having a heal before it. it'll be buffed later on to add  50% ATK debuff which makes it a 75% NP damage reduction. The other is she's only a super zerk against servant

She's so good, she's one of few servants that allows you to beat a full power "challenge quest" that is not intended to be winnable

Honestly America is already when they knew what they are doing, Medb and Geronimo is the only miss on the America's servant pool(and rama is basically siegfried done right even as someone who's a huge fan of Siegfried)

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

6 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Nights kit is legitimately ridiculously good, first skill is a low cd heal, second is a she become super Berserker button, her third is a straightforwaed Buster buff

And her Quick Card is insanely good, she can get like sub 14-20 stars with (whatever + whatever + Night Quick)

The whole criticism about support berserker is silly because:

1. Support being a caster was neat due to Arts Card, NP gain, and star weight. Nightingale generally have BETTER NP gain than most Caster, phenomenal star production on her peak, and gutter star weight. She negates most of the downside of being Zerk with her OP as fuck 2nd skill

2. Caster support have low damage. Nightingale have monstrous D2D card damage... its literally Berserker with 3 turn Mana Burst ffs. Your damage dealer won't have their peak 24/7

Only issue is her NP is a heal with bigger True Name Discernment effect, but her NP avoids the potential issue of Ko-Gil by having a heal before it. it'll be buffed later on to add  50% ATK debuff which makes it a 75% NP damage reduction. The other is she's only a super zerk against servant

She's so good, she's one of few servants that allows you to beat a full power "challenge quest" that is not intended to be winnable

Honestly America is already when they knew what they are doing, Medb and Geronimo is the only miss on the America's servant pool

ok fuckit I'm gonna try to get another 10 roll for ngihtengale/helena.

may as well get nightengale to make Rama even BETTER. How good is she when paired with rama+leonidas?

8 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Honestly America is already when they knew what they are doing, Medb and Geronimo is the only miss on the America's servant pool(and rama is basically siegfried done right even as someone who's a huge fan of Siegfried)

Guess who pulled Geronimo, and is salty as all hell about it?

As for America. . .

Spoiler

Just recruited Liz.  Liked the story before that, but Liz just feels like stupid fanservice.  Maybe the story will tell us why we couldn't sway Karna or something, because I'd rather have him on my side.

Otherwise, Medb has a more punchable face than Jason, Fionn/Diarmud are really weird (Fionn more so. . .seriously, proposing to random chicks?), Fergus is badass simply for keeping it in his pants, Helena's eh, Karna needs a goddamn explanation, Geronimo gets a chance to shine (somewhat), Robin Hood/Billy are amusing, I feel sorry for Rama, and Nightingale's stealing the show.

Oh, and Edison.  So help me, Tesla's gonna kick his ass.

8 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Guess who pulled Geronimo, and is salty as all hell about it?

As for America. . .

Spoiler

Just recruited Liz.  Liked the story before that, but Liz just feels like stupid fanservice.  Maybe the story will tell us why we couldn't sway Karna or something, because I'd rather have him on my side.

Otherwise, Medb has a more punchable face than Jason, Fionn/Diarmud are really weird (Fionn more so. . .seriously, proposing to random chicks?), Fergus is badass simply for keeping it in his pants, Helena's eh, Karna needs a goddamn explanation, Geronimo gets a chance to shine (somewhat), Robin Hood/Billy are amusing, I feel sorry for Rama, and Nightingale's stealing the show.

Oh, and Edison.  So help me, Tesla's gonna kick his ass.

4 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

ok fuckit I'm gonna try to get another 10 roll for ngihtengale/helena.

may as well get nightengale to make Rama even BETTER. How good is she when paired with rama+leonidas?

I think it seems solid, if only because you have 2 different way to produce good amount of stars. Or double 2030 for ultra whale shenanigans Night should work well with Rama(same with Leo) since Rama have so much Crit that upping his crit worth less

But Rama defintely only works well with super high level on Warrior's Blessing

Although for like.... iirc next 4 events or so? Rama is going to be one of the best servant(alongside Orion) and he didn't need anything beyond his NP