Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I'm still working on the story.  Will most likely involve the magical combo of Tamamo/Kintoki, because nothing sets people straight like an axe to the head.  Beat Fergus not too long ago, but that was pretty easy because he's stupid-weak to David/Robin Hood.

Yep.  I figure that plus a team that can feed him NP gauge will make him. . .well, almost competent?

Maybe if she's a bonus servant?  I'll probably shove Eurayle into the archer slot once Camelot rolls around.  Tesla will stay there otherwise.

we're all going to be borrowing @Sire's Orion for Camelot lol. 

is Edison useful in-game? I might roll for him, but idk. I wanna try my luck with getting Helena one more time.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Or mine.  If I EVER decide to get her up to speed.  I just did her first ascension.  I already have a lot of arrow firepower because I have yet to find an archer that doesn't roll face when properly aimed.

Which means it's going to be a stompfest and a half with Eurayle/Artemis, with even more backup.

Edited by eclipse

Or mine.  If I EVER decide to get her up to speed.  I just did her first ascension.  I already have a lot of arrow firepower because I have yet to find an archer that doesn't roll face when properly aimed.

Which means it's going to be a stompfest and a half with Eurayle/Artemis, with even more backup.

what about Nobu?

anti-rider trait should hit all those knights like a truck

1 minute ago, Czarpy said:

what about Nobu?

anti-rider trait should hit all those knights like a truck

Her, too.  The number of non-viable archers IMO is zero.  Every one of them IMO has a role that they can perform in, somehow.

I guess I could use her over Eurayle.  Depending on what I need, Tesla is a possibility, since NP spam is funny.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Her, too.  The number of non-viable archers IMO is zero.  Every one of them IMO has a role that they can perform in, somehow.

I guess I could use her over Eurayle.  Depending on what I need, Tesla is a possibility, since NP spam is funny.

NP spam is never a wrong answer.

just ask tamamo

2 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

NP spam is never a wrong answer.

just ask tamamo

I asked Tamamo Cat, and she yawned at me.

Oddly enough, the only gold Caster I have is Ms. Halloween.  I think I used all my luck with Casters on Archers, Assassins, and Berserkers.

I asked Tamamo Cat, and she yawned at me.

Oddly enough, the only gold Caster I have is Ms. Halloween.  I think I used all my luck with Casters on Archers, Assassins, and Berserkers.

everyone else uses that kintoki anyways.

oh i forsee shenanigans with rider kintoki in the future

1 minute ago, Czarpy said:

everyone else uses that kintoki anyways.

oh i forsee shenanigans with rider kintoki in the future

My 'zerker slot is Lancelot anyway.  I feel that he's a bit more useful than Tamamo in her current state.

. . .my team is going to be a dedication to lightning, isn't it?  In which case. . .KARNA WHERE ARE YOU?

2 hours ago, Czarpy said:

60-80% chance for mozart's debuffs and 30-50% chance for shakespeare's stun.

Hahaha no. Mozart always has 80% proc rate at NP5 while Shakespeare needs to overcharge his NP to get anything higher than 30%.

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Medea to S

Seconded. Her CE slot is free for something to buff her damage like Black Grail, and being the only ST Caster in NA has to be worth something.

23 minutes ago, eclipse said:

America's pulls so far have been complete and utter ass.  

But ask me how many of that 4* CE I got.  Y'know, the one that I don't want because the debuff resist is meh.

Get used to it.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

Hahaha no. Mozart always has 80% proc rate at NP5 while Shakespeare needs to overcharge his NP to get anything higher than 30%.

Seconded. Her CE slot is free for something to buff her damage like Black Grail, and being the only ST Caster in NA has to be worth something.

Get used to it.

do we even have any other ST caster?

oh yeah. welp guess both are cheap enough to raise.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

My 'zerker slot is Lancelot anyway.  I feel that he's a bit more useful than Tamamo in her current state.

. . .my team is going to be a dedication to lightning, isn't it?  In which case. . .KARNA WHERE ARE YOU?

-Karna is the son of a sun god and his association with lightning comes from the spear that was gifted to him from Indra.

-Indra is Arjuna's father. He's the lightning demigod hero. Though you might have to stick tesla in the All slot.

you might try rolling for Edison, Drake, Frankenstein (Summer Saber), Raikou, and Raikou (Summer Lancer) since they all have the theme of being related to electricity in some manner in their lore. 

but then they're all limited gold rarity servants, except for Edison- who's just story locked.

have fun.

you'll get spooked someday.

maybe

it all depends on whether or not the servant wants to come to you. that explains why it took forever to roll a single copy of euryale for me and yet stheno comes in a ticket.

ahhh got rama to first ascension. 

12 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

do we even have any other ST caster?

oh yeah. welp guess both are cheap enough to raise.

-Karna is the son of a sun god and his association with lightning comes from the spear that was gifted to him from Indra.

-Indra is Arjuna's father. He's the lightning demigod hero. Though you might have to stick tesla in the All slot.

you might try rolling for Edison, Drake, Frankenstein (Summer Saber), Raikou, and Raikou (Summer Lancer) since they all have the theme of being related to electricity in some manner in their lore. 

but then they're all limited gold rarity servants, except for Edison- who's just story locked.

have fun.

you'll get spooked someday.

maybe

it all depends on whether or not the servant wants to come to you. that explains why it took forever to roll a single copy of euryale for me and yet stheno comes in a ticket.

ahhh got rama to first ascension. 

I don't think this is all

But heres the summary of 3 ST caster we'd get

1. Literally Fionn i have expressed my opinion on Fionn before so this should tell how good she is

2. Literally Liz Saber with Alondite Overload as NP aka why the fuck is this thing manage to be bad, turns out AAA deck with Buster NP hits her hard making it hard to optimize her NP gain without hitting her damage more than it should + Buster Double Stack isn't that good due to diminishing return. I personally think Illya post Interlude is a decent unit that is way better than her Memelist position implies though(same with MHX), because with Golden Sumo and proper NP support she can dish out her high base damage NP fairly often

3. Gilgamesh Caster with offensive skillset. Honestly a well supported Sheba is probably the best DPS caster, but not so much outside it

Medea's points as DPS isn't so much her being ST and more she can spam her NP(being Arts Excalibur clone did it for you) and auto NP first turn that cycles every 6 turn.

6 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I don't think this is all

But heres the summary of 3 ST caster we'd get

1. Literally Fionn i have expressed my opinion on Fionn before so this should tell how good she is

2. Literally Liz Saber with Alondite Overload as NP aka why the fuck is this thing manage to be bad, turns out AAA deck with Buster NP hits her hard making it hard to optimize her NP gain without hitting her damage more than it should + Buster Double Stack isn't that good due to diminishing return. I personally think Illya post Interlude is a decent unit that is way better than her Memelist position implies though(same with MHX), because with Golden Sumo and proper NP support she can dish out her high base damage NP fairly often

3. Gilgamesh Caster with offensive skillset. Honestly a well supported Sheba is probably the best DPS caster, but not so much outside it

Medea's points as DPS isn't so much her being ST and more she can spam her NP(being Arts Excalibur clone did it for you) and auto NP first turn that cycles every 6 turn.

Spoiler

in the case of Sanzang, I sure ain't getting her for "gameplay reasons"

@Zeratul

Spoiler

Just because I didn't mention Apocrypha doesn't mean I forgot about it. Karna's a fucking plot device in Apocrypha in the same vein as Gil was in SN. Both were taken out due to the plot demanding such a thing after all in the end (Though I'll admit that Gil's deaths in UBW and HF were pretty justified. Fate was a bit more contrived I feel)

Oh and stuff about other Part 2 crap (the new CMs)

Spoiler

Ashiya Doman identified himself as Abe no Seimei at first back in Shimosa. Now he's an Alter Ego.

Maybe there was truth in those words, eh?

Also, LB Lancer is either Zeus's adoptive mom/nanny, or one of the Valkyries. Still can't figure out who tf Rider is supposed to be though

4 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I agree that Caesar and Ushi could stand to be higher though.

Eh. They are not S-Tier material since they are true generalists. They are good but they don't excel in their work like Hans or Cu do. Not to mention their ST NP isn't even that much more damaging, especially in case of Caesar. Ushiwakamaru is a good Pillar killer though.
Pretty sure they are fine where they are.

4 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I would move Medea to S personally for being the ultimate Assassin Boss killer which while might be rare is quite a threat even if you have raised Lu Bu imo. She now have her interlude which is whats needed to push her forward, and while her 3rd is great, its not too gamebreaking to change her a lot, granted i'd see her on A without her 3rd since its still a damn good skill that scales to her being buff stacked

Like idk how you rate unit as a whole, but i personally think since Medea is damn near required on low star run and have good Triangle against many bosses,  her overall value is really good

I can see that but I would like to wait for her 3rd skill before moving her up (which shouldn't take too long anyway). That one is actually pretty necessary once Part 6 and beyond come around.

4 hours ago, Czarpy said:

is Kiritsugu worth getting?

Maybe?
He is an Arts-based Assassin like Shiki but focus more on Crit Star gen and Support.

---

Done with E Pluribus Unum. Did it even with just 3* or lower Servants minus Cu for story immersion.
But screw that last node.

Spoiler

Overall, not bad. Still like Okeanos the best but I would put this over the over Septem and London. It's around the level of Orleans.

This story definitely suffered from Higashide syndrome. Most of the Servants towards the end could have been cut and nothing would have changed. Li Shuwen, Scathach, Tesla and Beowulf come to mind. The latter should have swapped roles with Fergus since he is more qualified leading an army and guarding an important prisoner while Beowulf's personality makes him better fodder to eliminate Nero.
Even greater engagements like Karna vs Arjuna are just too short for the build-up.

@YotsuMaboroshi
Your last point can be refuted by splitting the role between King and RM. Heck, I'm pretty sure some Bounded Fields could have done what they needed. As I said Liz does nothing but being there and she already got some attention back in Orleans.
It would have been interesting to see OG Saber and Archer here, the former as a way of bringing up Cu's "kingship" and the latter as his "nemesis" with both being acquianted to him due to the Fuyuki War.

Other than that I find the concept of this war quite appealing, having America pitted in a losing battle against an army of crazed Celtics. Nightingale and Rama were good companions with the latter having the most expanded side story among the Servants. The former was ... unique, if I have to describe her. Wish we could have seen more from Robin and Billy as fellow outlaws but eh, it's Higashide.

Edited by Zeratul

16 minutes ago, Zeratul said:
  Hide contents

Your last point can be refuted by splitting the role between King and RM. Heck, I'm pretty sure some Bounded Fields could have done what they needed. As I said Liz does nothing but being there and she already got some attention back in Orleans.

It would have been interesting to see OG Saber and Archer here, the former as a way of bringing up Cu's "kingship" and the latter as his "nemesis" with both being acquianted to him due to the Fuyuki War.

Spoiler

My third point was largely against the assertion that Nero did nothing but provide the stage, and her role could be replaced by any RM.  You could split the roles, though dramatically speaking, there's merit in having them the same, as the field goes down when Cu "wins" both the argument and the fight.

The main problem with using servants other than Liz and Nero is that most other servants wouldn't be sitting around waiting for the party to come to them.  Nero and Liz have character quirks that let them just sit and wait for the party, plus since they've already appeared, there's less need to establish their characters.

IMO, the lack of recurring characters hurts FGO's story overall, because you have to take time each singularity to establish the newly introduced characters.  It might be more interesting to have more servants show up, but that ends up reducing the screen time for others, and the characterization suffers for it.

2 hours ago, Czarpy said:

I'm still working on my Orion, but she took a backseat so I can focus more on Nobu. Having 3 Fragments of 2030 makes me really want to build some teams that focus on Crits, and Nobu is fairly good for that due to her Demonic King skill. // But yeah, hopefully I'll have Orion be level 90 and be at least level 6 in all of her skills before Camelot. I also need to raise my Euryale as well who is just level 40...
Bond Points take forever to max out. Georgios is getting close (8.5), and once he does all that is left for him is to get him to level 90 (and eventually 100 if I can ever spare those 5 grails).Tamamo Cat is at 8, Herc and Santa Alter is at 7, while Tamamo Mae and Artoria are at 6. Hopefully I'll be able to get these guys up before the finale of Arc 1.

• Me still be new to the game, want are some good upcoming servant for each class other than Jalter.
  • I watched the first 4 episodes of Fate Apocrypha, it's a bit hard to understand at times with all the servant in the series, and masters. Overall a bit awkward, but adequate so far.
  • Celenike loves licking Astolfo's trap body huh?

22 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:
  • Me still be new to the game, want are some good upcoming servant for each class other than Jalter.
Spoiler

Saber

• Bedivere
  • Lancelot

Archer

• Summer Artoria
  • Kuro

Lancer

• Summer Kiyohime
  • Summer Tamamo
  • Jaguar Man

Caster

• Xuanzang
  • Merlin
  • Gilgamesh

Berserker

• Minamoto no Raikou

Rider

• Quetzalcoatl
  • Kintoki
  • Ozymandias

Assassin

• Summer Shishou
  • Hundred-Faced Hassan
  • Fuuma Kotarou

Ruler

• Summer Martha

The main ones I would look out for are Summer Artoria, Merlin, Kuro, and Kintoki. The former two break the game pretty hard while the latter two are free through events. Bedivere and Jaguar Man are also free but they can only be obtained through story summon.

Edited by MrSmokestack

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:
  • I watched the first 4 episodes of Fate Apocrypha, it's a bit hard to understand at times with all the servant in the series, and masters. Overall a bit awkward, but adequate so far.
  • Celenike loves licking Astolfo's trap body huh?

let your penis make the decisions for the fate franchise in general. this includes your thoughts on nursery rhyme as well

rule of thumb: If it's a summer servant, it's gonna be good. If it's an event only servant, it's probably decent at the very least. However Kintoki/Kuro are amazing according to the fanbase. 

If it's a 3* archer, then it's going to be pretty great. Seriously, every one of them is very good. I don't know about Tawara, but I've heard he's basically like Cu in terms of being fucking durable.

oh yeah there's a choose your free 4 star servant event that's gonna happen for a downloads milestone. It's a ways down the line, but it's there if you wanna plan that far ahead.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:
  Hide contents

Saber

• Bedivere
  • Lancelot

Archer

• Summer Artoria
  • Kuro

Lancer

• Summer Kiyohime
  • Summer Tamamo
  • Jaguar Man

Caster

• Xuanzang
  • Merlin
  • Gilgamesh

Berserker

• Minamoto no Raikou

Rider

• Quetzalcoatl
  • Kintoki
  • Ozymandias

Assassin

• Summer Shishou
  • Hundred-Faced Hassan
  • Fuuma Kotarou

Ruler

• Summer Martha

The main ones I would look out for are Summer Artoria, Merlin, Kuro, and Kintoki. The former two break the game pretty hard while the latter two are free through events. Bedivere and Jaguar Man are also free but they can only be obtained through story summon.

aren't jaguar man and bedivere available from their release banners as well?

do we even get any more berserkers after raikou this year? Berserker Nobu is next year iirc.

Thoughts on Ibaraki, Gawain, Tristan, Nitocris, and Da Vinci? I'm especially curious on them since I hear a lot of conflicting opinions. All I understand is that they aren't servants anyone goes after for outright meta reasons.

Spoiler

@Jingle Jangle

It kinda depends on your playstyle when you aim at gold rarity servants. All event servants are ones you'd really wanna have ofc. And you'll get all the 3* ones in due time anyways.

I'm just going to go straight to rolling for nitocris and sanzang when they come out due to "reasons"

got Billy to his second ascension. Blew my horseshoes on him, but now I've got to get more evil bones.

Archer daily means I'm going to be getting just enough gold pieces and plumes for billy today. When tomorrow's saber daily comes, I'll probably come close to getting Rama to FA.

Edited by Czarpy

threeeeeaaaadddddddd
Oh and about Tawara - he's pretty aight. His NP doesn't really hit that hard, but this man is tanky. Buster Buff with a 1k-2k heal on a 6-8 turn CD, Same rank of PoA as Cu Alter but w/o being a Berserker (for the better and worst), and a +Max HP buff that has a CD of 5-7 turn CD. He's good enough that in some cases (particularly the Megalos + Resistance Rider fight in Agartha) with his Bond CE, Hans isn't needed to brought and the guy alone can act as a solid defense core for a good while.

Overall, He's aight, but his offenses can be rather lacking - even with the buster battery. This is due to having 3* Stats ofc. However, his NP number wise is at 600% at post interlude NP5, and for comparison Saber Alter's has the same damage mod at NP3. But she has Mana Burst with 50% buster buff for 1 turn at lvl 10 compared to Tawara's 30% buster buff for 3 turns, and Charisma E.

I haven't posted here in a while, whoops.

• Beat the second and third nights of Prison Tower, but stopped after that because both times required draining Command Seals.
  • Took a bit of a break after finishing London. London in general was pretty great, and gave me a new appreciation for Mordred, Fran, Babbage and Tesla.
  • Did some summoning on the America pickup banner for Billy, got Geronimo and a bunch of CEs instead. So now I'm back to actually saving up, this time for Jalter.
  • Started America. Medb seems like she'll be delightfully hatable and Cu Alter looks pretty cool. 
  • Nightingale is hilarious. Dunno how long that'll last, though.
  • Fionn is an ass, and getting to beat on his dumb face is both an honor and a privilege. Poor Diarmuid, though.
  • As a tangential and incredibly late side-note, Karna is the best and I'm glad he's getting story focus, even if it's just Tamamo and Kintoki in London levels of "...okay, that happened."

Gawain is a weirdly good solo Saber thanks to being a BBB. P sure weve discussed him before but his kit is strictly worse than Fergus just with SR stats. His main value comes from his 2 buff lasting 2 turns and at Sun Map he gets sub 50% damage boost that is always active

All i remember about Ibaraki is shes Herc but worse.

Tristan is "worse" than David skill wise but he does retain Harp of Healing. Hes more focused on star production due to his high hit quick and high hit quick np. He have an NP charge skill 50% that locks his NP for a turn. Its still a really good NP charge skill. His last skill is a buffwipe. What truly push him in JP right now is interlude IMO

On a sidenote i personally think MHX real issue is lack of quick support. I remember how i mentioned Merlin works better with units who buffs your input instead of guys like say Lancelot who dedicated their entire skillset to produce stars since Merin does everything anyway

MHX is basically textbook servant that is all input which hinges on her really good base parameter. Her NP does around 33k damage despite being a no steroid np. To put this into perspective if MHX and Jack had a backing from quick support with 50% Quick button and Waver with MLB imaginary around:

Jack NP:

28k base damage - 28000 x 2.3 quick mod x 1.3 Waver = 83.720

MHX NP

33k base damage - 33000 x 1.92 quick mod x 1.3 Waver = 82.368

This is despite being 1 steroid away. Yeah Jack have bonkers NP gain and female advantage in her favor but MHX being able to comes close is impressive nonetheless

Also i had points to make about Stheno being underrated but thats probably going too far lmao

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

6 hours ago, Azure Sen said:

I haven't posted here in a while, whoops.

• Beat the second and third nights of Prison Tower, but stopped after that because both times required draining Command Seals.
  • Took a bit of a break after finishing London. London in general was pretty great, and gave me a new appreciation for Mordred, Fran, Babbage and Tesla.
  • Did some summoning on the America pickup banner for Billy, got Geronimo and a bunch of CEs instead. So now I'm back to actually saving up, this time for Jalter.
  • Started America. Medb seems like she'll be delightfully hatable and Cu Alter looks pretty cool. 
  • Nightingale is hilarious. Dunno how long that'll last, though.
  • Fionn is an ass, and getting to beat on his dumb face is both an honor and a privilege. Poor Diarmuid, though.
  • As a tangential and incredibly late side-note, Karna is the best and I'm glad he's getting story focus, even if it's just Tamamo and Kintoki in London levels of "...okay, that happened."

why is that amakusa still underlevelled.

6 hours ago, N30 said:

threeeeeaaaadddddddd
Oh and about Tawara - he's pretty aight. His NP doesn't really hit that hard, but this man is tanky. Buster Buff with a 1k-2k heal on a 6-8 turn CD, Same rank of PoA as Cu Alter but w/o being a Berserker (for the better and worst), and a +Max HP buff that has a CD of 5-7 turn CD. He's good enough that in some cases (particularly the Megalos + Resistance Rider fight in Agartha) with his Bond CE, Hans isn't needed to brought and the guy alone can act as a solid defense core for a good while.

Overall, He's aight, but his offenses can be rather lacking - even with the buster battery. This is due to having 3* Stats ofc. However, his NP number wise is at 600% at post interlude NP5, and for comparison Saber Alter's has the same damage mod at NP3. But she has Mana Burst with 50% buster buff for 1 turn at lvl 10 compared to Tawara's 30% buster buff for 3 turns, and Charisma E.

I'm gonna take a quick guess that if he was a saber/lancer/rider without the .95 attack modifier, he'd be even better.

5 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Gawain is a weirdly good solo Saber thanks to being a BBB. P sure weve discussed him before but his kit is strictly worse than Fergus just with SR stats. His main value comes from his 2 buff lasting 2 turns and at Sun Map he gets sub 50% damage boost that is always active

Tristan is "worse" than David skill wise but he does retain Harp of Healing. Hes more focused on star production due to his high hit quick and high hit quick np. He have an NP charge skill 50% that locks his NP for a turn. Its still a really good NP charge skill. His last skill is a buffwipe. What truly push him in JP right now is interlude IMO

On a sidenote i personally think MHX real issue is lack of quick support. I remember how i mentioned Merlin works better with units who buffs your input instead of guys like say Lancelot who dedicated their entire skillset to produce stars since Merin does everything anyway

MHX is basically textbook servant that is all input which hinges on her really good base parameter. Her NP does around 33k damage despite being a no steroid np. To put this into perspective if MHX and Jack had a backing from quick support with 50% Quick button and Waver with MLB imaginary around:

Jack NP:

28k base damage - 28000 x 2.3 quick mod x 1.3 Waver = 83.720

MHX NP

33k base damage - 33000 x 1.92 quick mod x 1.3 Waver = 82.368

This is despite being 1 steroid away. Yeah Jack have bonkers NP gain and female advantage in her favor but MHX being able to comes close is impressive nonetheless

Also i had points to make about Stheno being underrated but thats probably going too far lmao

quick support? You mean the fabled caster scatach or solomon releases?

11 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Considering how highly Herc is usually rated, that doesn't really say much.  Ibaraki has better utility than Herc, since her Attack+ is party wide, and her NP removes buffs on the enemy (though it's after damage so it's not as good as Amakusa or Abigail).  Herc has 1k more attack, and better solo survivability (Herc has Batcon and EotM, Ibaraki has Disengage and Shapeshift).