Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

3 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

So I completed Fate/Apocrypha overall I didn't like the series very much. Sieg drags down the series heavily, there are too many characters to keep take of, so many plot convinces. However there are some moments that I enjoyed. I give it a 5/10.

Spoiler

now go read Strange Fake

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:
  Hide contents

What is that?

Spoiler

It's a novel series being done by the guy who wrote Baccano. You get fun shit like Enkidu popping up, Avenger!Hercules, and whatnot. IMO it's similar to Apocrypha but done right. 

Subset Holy Grail War done in the USA. Shit turns insane once you start peeling back the layers of deception and intrigue. There's nods to Fate/Zero and FSN throughout the entire thing.

Fate/Strangefake. I think the translations are available online. I have one but idk about SF's rules on uploading translations and shit.

@N30 knows more about this than anyone else here tho.

go watch carnival phantasm/

9 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:
  Hide contents

What does that mean?

Spoiler

**you want more of Arcruied yet?

there's a really good Tsukihime manga, it's only 89-ish chapters.

10 minutes ago, Czarpy said:
  Hide contents

**you want more of Arcruied yet?

there's a really good Tsukihime manga, it's only 89-ish chapters.

Spoiler

What's is "Arcruied? and "Tsukihime"? You are using words that I have no idea what do they mean.

2 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:
  Hide contents

What's is "Arcruied? and "Tsukihime"? You are using words that I have no idea what do they mean.

Spoiler

carnival phantasm's a mix between Fate and the Tsukihime series. It's another series by type moon where people want the damned sequel.

Arcruied is the vampire lady that shows up in carnival phantasm. she's one of the main heroines from tsukihime.

goddamnit gilles stop spooking me

i just want more billy

I just realized I should try to nail Georgios bond level up to 6 before the da vinci event drops.

Probably gonna get almost all my bronze servants to FA through that event. Fucking pages are hell to farm for right now though. I'm basically asking myself if I want to get georgios to FA asap or get Blackbeard to FA within the week. 

Edited by Czarpy

Oh Strange Fake. That one is good

Lemme link it for y'all:

http://humbertozero.tumblr.com/post/150696689780/how-to-read-fatestrange-fake-light-novel-read

@Jingle Jangle give it a read sometime along with the Fate/stay night visual novel and the Fate/Zero Light Novel 

EDIT: @Jingle Jangle Oh. You've watched Apocrypha. Imagine the sheer number of characters that it has but actually written by a guy used to doing the sort of thing. The author of Strange Fake is Narita, and he wrote Baccano which has a whole lot of characters and he managed to do it really well.

In addition, he still does it REALLY fucking well.

TL;DR Fate/strange fake does the whole "write for 13-14 servants" thing a whole lot better than Apocrypha ever did

Edited by N30

1 hour ago, N30 said:

Oh Strange Fake. That one is good

Lemme link it for y'all:

http://humbertozero.tumblr.com/post/150696689780/how-to-read-fatestrange-fake-light-novel-read

@Jingle Jangle give it a read sometime along with the Fate/stay night visual novel and the Fate/Zero Light Novel 

EDIT: @Jingle Jangle Oh. You've watched Apocrypha. Imagine the sheer number of characters that it has but actually written by a guy used to doing the sort of thing. The author of Strange Fake is Narita, and he wrote Baccano which has a whole lot of characters and he managed to do it really well.

In addition, he still does it REALLY fucking well.

TL;DR Fate/strange fake does the whole "write for 13-14 servants" thing a whole lot better than Apocrypha ever did

Spoiler

I'm still on the first few chapters of the LN, but I've noticed that Strange Fake's power levels kinda go nuttier than Apocrypha.

The Pale Rider, Gilgamesh, Enkidu, Ulcides, Richard (Idk if he counts).

then Hippolyta is said to show up and I'm not so sure were her power scale falls. Prelati's fun tho

Oh, a new TV CM for the Lostbelt Servants. Let's see-
*cue Orchestra of doom*
 @Phillius the Crestfallen will be pleased and despair.

Spoiler

Yep, Caster Scathach or maybe Aife. They really like to milk her, huh?
There is an Archer with a freaking Drill as well. *insert Archer class meme here*

Man, FGO really slowed down these last weeks. I have already done all the Free Quests and I'm running out of space for gold embers. Minus Jekyl's all of my Servant's Interludes are finished as well.

EDIT:

Btw. Extella Link news.

Spoiler

Our two new Archers are Robin Hood and Arjuna. Very good choices.
One of the two Berserkers turned out to be ... Darius, Age 3. Wat.

That leaves us with 1 Caster, 1 Berserker and the Ruler.
I really hope that the Caster turns out to be Nursery Rhyme. I can't see Hans in a Musou Style game ever. He is simply not suited for combat and is literally a narrator-type of character. Nursery Rhyme fits the niche of "joke" Servant more with her crazy abilities and she would be one of the last original Extra Servants to join.

If the Berserker isn't Herc I'm going to flip a massive table. I'm fearing it's going to be Tama Cat or Vlad. Since FGO Servants are a thing now and both Arjuna and Darius were chosen with existing characters in mind (Karna <-> Arjuna, Iskandar <-> Darius). Vlad is more in vein of his FGO incarnation but applying it to his Lancer form. It was pretty confusing why they choose to make the Dracula into the Lancer and the Heroic side into the Berserker in the first place.

Ruler ... don't know. Could be anyone. Amakusa Shirou might make sense as another Apocrypha representative.

Edited by Zeratul

3 hours ago, Zeratul said:

*cue Orchestra of doom*

Hide contents

Yep, Caster Scathach or maybe Aife. They really like to milk her, huh?
There is an Archer with a freaking Drill as well. *insert Archer class meme here*

Man, FGO really slowed down these last weeks. I have already done all the Free Quests and I'm running out of space for gold embers. Minus Jekyl's all of my Servant's Interludes are finished as well.

EDIT:

Btw. Extella Link news.

Hide contents

Our two new Archers are Robin Hood and Arjuna. Very good choices.
One of the two Berserkers turned out to be ... Darius, Age 3. Wat.

That leaves us with 1 Caster, 1 Berserker and the Ruler.
I really hope that the Caster turns out to be Nursery Rhyme. I can't see Hans in a Musou Style game ever. He is simply not suited for combat and is literally a narrator-type of character. Nursery Rhyme fits the niche of "joke" Servant more with her crazy abilities and she would be one of the last original Extra Servants to join.

If the Berserker isn't Herc I'm going to flip a massive table. I'm fearing it's going to be Tama Cat or Vlad. Since FGO Servants are a thing now and both Arjuna and Darius were chosen with existing characters in mind (Karna <-> Arjuna, Iskandar <-> Darius). Vlad is more in vein of his FGO incarnation but applying it to his Lancer form. It was pretty confusing why they choose to make the Dracula into the Lancer and the Heroic side into the Berserker in the first place.

Ruler ... don't know. Could be anyone. Amakusa Shirou might make sense as another Apocrypha representative.

Spoiler

Ruler Martha.

guys I did a yolo roll for shits and giggles annnndddd I got someone who's going to be really handy.....

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180324-214429.png.b16a4ac89125391f8e9c96e431b15ca4.png

I'm actually happy here since I can run Rama/Nightengale together since they were written so entertainingly.

shame she's not gonna get raised too fast since I need ascension items like ozzy osbourne needs crack

11 hours ago, Zeratul said:

*cue Orchestra of doom*

Spoiler

I am quite pleased with this, yes. But also kind of hoping it's Aife and not Scathach so I won't be as crushed when I don't roll her.

Well, today's FGO Lostbelt stream can be described in 1 word.
Mental.

Spoiler

First Lostbelt will have:
- Musashi
- Agrius Atalanta
- Avicebron
- Anastasia (the white-haired Caster girl from the Prologue)
- Yorokobe Shounen
- 2 unknown ones (1 clothed Dog, 1 that looks like Dark Sakura)

They also announced

Spoiler

Fate/Apocrypha collab. Yes, there was one before but this seems like an actual event, not some kind of CE giveaway.
Considering that both Avicebron and Atalanta are making an appearance we will probably get Achilles and Chiron for the banner. Unfortunately this significantly increases the likelyhood of Sieg being a Welfare Servant.

Btw. there is new Artwork for Part 2.

Spoiler

Yes, Assassin Tamamo. It's not even subtle who that is.
Yes, Saber with Avalon. Don't screw this one up, DW.

Edited by Zeratul

2 hours ago, Zeratul said:

Well, today's FGO Lostbelt stream can be described in 1 word.
Mental.

Hide contents

First Lostbelt will have:
- Musashi
- Agrius Atalanta
- Avicebron
- Anastasia (the white-haired Caster girl from the Prologue)
- Yorokobe Shounen
- 2 unknown ones (1 clothed Dog, 1 that looks like Dark Sakura)

They also announced

Hide contents

Fate/Apocrypha collab. Yes, there was one before but this seems like an actual event, not some kind of CE giveaway.
Considering that both Avicebron and Atalanta are making an appearance we will probably get Achilles and Chiron for the banner. Unfortunately this significantly increases the likelyhood of Sieg being a Welfare Servant.

Btw. this is the new Artwork for Part 2.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.a4c99b04b39cde394fe1523be6996ac0.png

Yes, Assassin Tamamo. It's not even subtle who that is.
Yes, Saber with Avalon. Don't screw this one up, DW.

is shishouface going to be a thing?

5 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

Cu Alter is coming out earlier than I though, but I'm not rolling for him. His design is too much for me.

it's going to be another week before we get a Jalter announcement anyways.

I'm gonna roll a few singles. the Cu alter and Jalter banners are likely gonna intersect anyways.

Leonidas and Nightengale will make either of them hit like trucks.

I heard what they did is they change how JP do things by not doing their (silly as hell) release schedule of America banner which they didn't even do anymore. So in theory we could get the secondary events faster

.....for example, Accel Order and Journey to the West event used to have 2 week downtime between them. Expect us to have 1 weak downtime for the next 4 events. I guess

46 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I heard what they did is they change how JP do things by not doing their (silly as hell) release schedule of America banner which they didn't even do anymore. So in theory we could get the secondary events faster

JP had the Medb and Cu banner after nearly 2 months of the E Pluribus Unum chapter release. So basically it was 1 -> Da Vinci -> 2 -> 3 which was silly.
US instead delays the Da Vinci Event and puts the America banners together. Oh and casually kills of the Karna & Arjuna banner because reasons (yes, I'm still salty about that one, sue me).

But there is no real reason for them to do so except announcing the event at the 30th of March which is just as silly. Yes, expect the same nonsense as the stream not so long ago except the Da Vinci announcement because they have to avoid getting backlash on the panel.

Really, they should have just released Medb and Cu together on a rotating basis that way they have 1 banner less to worry about (it was either pulling for Medb or Cu anyway) and they wouldn't have to make our lifes so much more worse for April. Btw. we have a lot of dead space between Journey to the West and Onigashima which makes me quite afraid.

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

.....for example, Accel Order and Journey to the West event used to have 2 week downtime between them. Expect us to have 1 weak downtime for the next 4 events. I guess

that's gonna be some hilarious level of recharge.

tho isn't journey to the west kind of a less grindy event? The main draw seems to be Sanzang's banner.

9 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

JP had the Medb and Cu banner after nearly 2 months of the E Pluribus Unum chapter release. So basically it was 1 -> Da Vinci -> 2 -> 3 which was silly.
US instead delays the Da Vinci Event and puts the America banners together. Oh and casually kills of the Karna & Arjuna banner because reasons (yes, I'm still salty about that one, sue me).

But there is no real reason for them to do so except announcing the event at the 30th of March which is just as silly. Yes, expect the same nonsense as the stream not so long ago except the Da Vinci announcement because they have to avoid getting backlash on the panel.

Really, they should have just released Medb and Cu together on a rotating basis that way they have 1 banner less to worry about (it was either pulling for Medb or Cu anyway) and they wouldn't have to make our lifes so much more worse for April. Btw. we have a lot of dead space between Journey to the West and Onigashima which makes me quite afraid.

Cu Alter and Jalter banners being released with potential overlap both scares me and makes me glad

i can just splurge all at once within a 2 day period to try to get both. (if I had cash at the time)

what's the deal with all the Cu alter vs Jalter arguments popping up. they're different servants.

1 hour ago, Czarpy said:

that's gonna be some hilarious level of recharge.

tho isn't journey to the west kind of a less grindy event? The main draw seems to be Sanzang's banner.

Cu Alter and Jalter banners being released with potential overlap both scares me and makes me glad

i can just splurge all at once within a 2 day period to try to get both. (if I had cash at the time)

what's the deal with all the Cu alter vs Jalter arguments popping up. they're different servants.

on the contrary

its apparently one of the most hated event

3 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

on the contrary

its apparently one of the most hated event

why?

aren't the event's bonus servants all good and easy to use, except for stheno?

6 hours ago, Czarpy said:

why?

aren't the event's bonus servants all good and easy to use, except for stheno?

IIRC, Part 2 happened.  You farm a lot of one event currency to unlock part 1 quests, and then part 2 comes and has you farm the same amount of a different currency to unlock the part 2 quests, and both of these currencies are useless for the shop, which has 4 other currencies for buying things.  And to reasonably farm the highest level shop currency, you need to finish part 2.

Less grindy is not a way to describe Journey to the West.

2 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

IIRC, Part 2 happened.  You farm a lot of one event currency to unlock part 1 quests, and then part 2 comes and has you farm the same amount of a different currency to unlock the part 2 quests, and both of these currencies are useless for the shop, which has 4 other currencies for buying things.  And to reasonably farm the highest level shop currency, you need to finish part 2.

Less grindy is not a way to describe Journey to the West.

holy fuck that sounds annoying

thankfully it's gonna happen during my summer break. I guess Medusa is going to get overworked in that event.

totally gonna be worth it just for li shu wen on rate-up though.