Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

I asked for advice on this on a Discord and a skype group yesterday, but might as well ask here too, it can't hurt.

So basically, there's two things that I could be doing with grails, option 1 is basically max biasing this:

Spoiler

gLOZlUr.png

and taking him to 100.  Mainly because Iskandar is my favorite character combined with shota bias reasons.

Option 2 is to leave him at 90 and start grailing KoGil to 80 or 90, also for shota bias reasons.

Both are things I'd like to do eventually, just not sure what to do first.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I asked for advice on this on a Discord and a skype group yesterday, but might as well ask here too, it can't hurt.

So basically, there's two things that I could be doing with grails, option 1 is basically max biasing this:

Hide contents

gLOZlUr.png

and taking him to 100.  Mainly because Iskandar is my favorite character combined with shota bias reasons.

Option 2 is to leave him at 90 and start grailing KoGil to 80 or 90, also for shota bias reasons.

Both are things I'd like to do eventually, just not sure what to do first.

if you wanna max grail him to 100, it's not the worst idea.

but if you're rolling for iskandar, you should save grails imo. I think you get one from the da vinci event.

2 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

if you wanna max grail him to 100, it's not the worst idea.

but if you're rolling for iskandar, you should save grails imo. I think you get one from the da vinci event.

Yeah I'm definitely rolling for actual Iskandar.  

The discord also said save for him, so I suppose that's what I'll be doing then.  Thanks.

18 hours ago, Czarpy said:

what's the deal with all the Cu alter vs Jalter arguments popping up. they're different servants.

They are both limited Servants (Cu is story-locked which is almost the same as limited) that can trivialize a lot of the harder content by the virtue of having outrageous offense combined with good survivability. Plus their banners are next to each other so the people have to choose which one they will spend their precious SQ for.

20 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Yeah I'm definitely rolling for actual Iskandar.  

The discord also said save for him, so I suppose that's what I'll be doing then.  Thanks.

I hear Iskandar should come in a month or so, so it's not the longest wait

7 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

They are both limited Servants (Cu is story-locked which is almost the same as limited) that can trivialize a lot of the harder content by the virtue of having outrageous offense combined with good survivability. Plus their banners are next to each other so the people have to choose which one they will spend their precious SQ for.

yeah

I'm more curious on throwing a ticket on the cu alter banner for edison tbh. concept improvement sounds fun.

1 hour ago, Zeratul said:

Honestly what bothers me with all the comparison is when people downplayed Jalter to death because "muh support'. Nevermind she's basically an SR Berserker without weakness in term of offensive power, her NP gain on offense is pretty good by being modern Saber, and on defense is disgustingly good, she basically deals 144% the damage of Arthur(which says something considering how bullshit Arthur stats are), her star production is actually pretty solid because of 3 hit quick, 4 hit buster, and 7 hit extra

I mean by playing her events alone you'd get MLC which combined with Liz is 16 Stars per turn so support isn't a big issue either

At the very least she's better than Scathatch and Bryn when unsupported in general usage which says a lot since those two are really good

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

3 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Honestly what bothers me with all the comparison is when people downplayed Jalter to death because "muh support'. Nevermind she's basically an SR Berserker without weakness in term of offensive power, her NP gain on offense is pretty good by being modern Saber, and on defense is disgustingly good, she basically deals 144% the damage of Arthur(which says something considering how bullshit Arthur stats are), her star production is actually pretty solid because of 3 hit quick, 4 hit buster, and 7 hit extra

I mean by playing her events alone you'd get MLC which combined with Liz is 16 Stars per turn so support isn't a big issue either

At the very least she's better than Scathatch and Bryn when unsupported in general usage which says a lot since those two are really good

I see at as both being alters of popular characters and being really good buster meme servants.

if they drop the fate/zero event before the jalter one i will be so salty.

man nightengale and rama really want more materials. I ran the berserker daily into the ground trying to get one more octuplet crystal but I only got one. :/

gonna get Sanson or Eric to FA for the quartz. I'm probably going to try getting bouddica to FA asap during the da vinci event solely for that one SQ.

man rama is fun enough to use. Teacher and I kinda solves a lotta problems.

10 minutes ago, eclipse said:

. . .what is this Cu Alter draw, and where the hell did my SQ go?

5053760033134.jpg

Anyway, I was expecting getting Cu's mats to be utter hell but surprisingly I only need 1 more Heart to get all his ascensions. Looks like Shakespeare's gonna be on the team for a bit.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

I left the first America banner with a NP4 Geronimo.  WHY.

Desiring Fionn does that. The game delivers by giving you someone even worse.

You played yourself.

1 hour ago, Zeratul said:

You played yourself.

the gacha god is not to be trifled with.

5 hours ago, eclipse said:

Welp.  JAlter it is, since I don't have the resources for Cu.

I left the first America banner with a NP4 Geronimo.  WHY.

you gonna grail him?

5 hours ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

5053760033134.jpg

Anyway, I was expecting getting Cu's mats to be utter hell but surprisingly I only need 1 more Heart to get all his ascensions. Looks like Shakespeare's gonna be on the team for a bit.

what leonidas?

ugh i kinda want cu alter or edison, but I need to save for Jalter since I have no extra class servants and I just pulled Nightingale AND Rama.

gonna raise sanson and bloodaxe for SQ. Bloodaxe might come in handy for farming soon enough.

if I can somehow pull the material drops during the da vinci event, then getting boudicca/benkei/spartacus/bloodaxe to FA to get the material drops is totally viable. shame it's probably gonna eat up almost an entire weekend's worth of AP to get the strengthening quests of them all done with since I'd want the quartz asap.

lol someone in my friends list has a grailed Billy. it's been fun using him.

9 hours ago, Zeratul said:

You played yourself.

So there are people worse than Fionn.  Go figure.

8 hours ago, Czarpy said:

you gonna grail him?

If I pull a fifth one, maybe.  But he's going to have to stand in line, because d'Eon's first.

42 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If I pull a fifth one, maybe.  But he's going to have to stand in line, because d'Eon's first.

at least Fion doesn't have a self-quick buff for use with a single quick card and caster attack modifier

Just finished London (it was easier than I thought even if I'm kinda stuck with level 40-50 servants because I lack materials). It is pretty interesting how it started pretty boring but the ending was awesome, it makes me want to do America right now but considering that the Da Vinci event should be coming next week based on some predictions I saw I'll just keep grinding QP because I only have 24 million and it's 1/2 AP week. 

Oh yeah, I think I learned what's the thing that Euryale does to save people's ass in Camelot. Charm locking+Multiplier vs males+Atk reduction NP is super OP, with a support Tamamo she does like 100k+ damage and mine is only at NP 1. I also loved her interactions with Asterios in Okeanos so that's a plus for her.

I also learned that using a Command seal like 5 minutes before server reset is like having a free NP button because it fills instantly! 

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

Just finished London (it was easier than I thought even if I'm kinda stuck with level 40-50 servants because I lack materials). It is pretty interesting how it started pretty boring but the ending was awesome, it makes me want to do America right now but considering that the Da Vinci event should be coming next week based on some predictions I saw I'll just keep grinding QP because I only have 24 million and it's 1/2 AP week. 

Oh yeah, I think I learned what's the thing that Euryale does to save people's ass in Camelot. Charm locking+Multiplier vs males+Atk reduction NP is super OP, with a support Tamamo she does like 100k+ damage and mine is only at NP 1. I also loved her interactions with Asterios in Okeanos so that's a plus for her.

I also learned that using a Command seal like 5 minutes before server reset is like having a free NP button because it fills instantly! 

you should probably also read up on event servants if you haven't done so. They make things easier.

oh yeah london

i swear i keep rolling everytime there's a london bait banner in hopes of getting one of the SSR servants or Fran.

51 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

you should probably also read up on event servants if you haven't done so. They make things easier.

oh yeah london

i swear i keep rolling everytime there's a london bait banner in hopes of getting one of the SSR servants or Fran.

I've read a bit about those actually. I missed Saber Lily (who people say is trash so no biggie), Caster Liz who I think will come back later this year if they re-run Halloween, Santa Alter who may come back just like Liz, Nobu and Shiki. Those two pain me the most because I've read that they are super good and won't come back in a long time. 

The ones I look foward the most are Summer Shishou, Kintoki and Brave Liz because they have the classes my roster lacks. Thankfully I'm surviving without having those classes thanks to strong supports like Jack, Drake and Nero Bride/Mordred.

11 hours ago, eclipse said:

As much as I like to bash Fionn his kit isn't completely disfunctional compared to Geronimo or Gilles.
He is just a very bad 4* Servant.

---

Despite feeding Hassan and Medusa my Gold embers and precious AP in form of Dusts for their final Ascension my Archives are filled to the brim with Gold embers again.
Ugh, if Da Vinci doesn't come next week ...

6 hours ago, Zeratul said:

As much as I like to bash Fionn his kit isn't completely disfunctional compared to Geronimo or Gilles.
He is just a very bad 4* Servant.

---

Despite feeding Hassan and Medusa my Gold embers and precious AP in form of Dusts for their final Ascension my Archives are filled to the brim with Gold embers again.
Ugh, if Da Vinci doesn't come next week ...

you got everyone to FA?

5 hours ago, Czarpy said:

you got everyone to FA?

Nope, but not one of my goals considering materials aren't necessarily the most accessible thing in the game (compared to say Feathers in FEH) outside of events.
Only those Servants who I either like (pretty much FSN cast with some few picks from each series) or are interesting gameplay-wise are getting FA.