Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Well...that was something.

After grinding some hands for Iri I decided to throw one ticket at the F/Z banner because why not, the CE are pretty nice after all. I didn't get that, I got a spook Arjuna! What a pleasant surprise.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

Well...that was something.

After grinding some hands for Iri I decided to throw one ticket at the F/Z banner because why not, the CE are pretty nice after all. I didn't get that, I got a spook Arjuna! What a pleasant surprise.

better start farming god hearts lol.

Arjuna's pretty handy. He might be the worst SSR archer, but you need all you can get when you're starting out!

Besides, his NP should come in handy soon. Anti-Divine AoE is nice to have.

Got Hans skills levelled a bit and maxed his level out. I'll probably be using him more often soon enough. I'll try to max fou his HP for future content. 

Got Nightingale max fou'd in both hp/att. She's gonna need it considering her role is primarily support. Sometime soon, I'll get her angels cry skill maxed.

8 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

@eclipse

MHX Uses Galaxy Meteor Sword then NPQQ ‘s the 69k HP mob.

What is the turncount? If no one has died then the deck resets every third turn, meaning Lancelot just uses Eternal Arms Mastership to delete the 82k mob with one brave chain or Tesla gets Arts crits with Galvanism, using Pioneer of the Stars to build up NP and mop the floor anyway.

8 hours ago, Czarpy said:

Plugsuit attack boost then NPQQ brave chain the 69k np one then the 45k hp one. Tesla uses his second and third skills. Then next turn, you have lancelot absorb the stars and go buster berserker crit.

Both of you got the first move right. . .but on the wrong target.

Here's what I did:

Turn 1: Use Buff All Allies, MHX NPQQ on the 82K golem.  Her NP does a bit over 100K damage, meaning that it'll kill it outright.  Her next two cards and extra attack will bounce over to the 69K golem, which dropped it to something like 45K.

Turn 2: Stun one of the golems using the plugsuit, pray for a buster card.  Instead, I pulled a buster chain out of my deck, with 60+ crit stars to my name.  That's enough to kill the non-stunned golem and drop the other down to something manageable.

Turn 3: Take out the broom and sweep up whatever's left of the final golem.

If I hadn't pulled a buster card on turn 2, I would've been forced to use Tesla's NP (this is why I maxed out Pioneer of the Stars).

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Oh yeah forgot.

I see you got EMIYA Assassin. I’m still debating whether to roll.

I’m at 92 missions complete. I’ll finish the bonus quests then grind hands for exp.

The irony is that I pulled Emiya on the ticket after Hassan of the Hundred Strands of Hair.

Still no luck pulling a certain zero star guy.  I have The Thing that makes him funny, too!  I wonder if a team of Emiya, Iri, and Unhappy Dessert will fare?

Edited by eclipse

58 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I see you got EMIYA Assassin. I’m still debating whether to roll.

Unless you really like him I would recommend to save your SQ because as an Arts Assassin I see Shiki as the superior choice. He is more suited as Arts Support because of his higher Star gen and the targetable taunt but his damage and NP are quite lacking.
Plus didn't you say that you want Li Shuwen? The guy is on rate-up next alongside Xuanzang, better save for him then, no?

---

Finished the main event. Considering Fate/Zero was my introduction to the series, I don't have to elaborate why I loved this event just like the KnK one.
Story-wise I'm a bit skeptical that this was written by Urobuchi. Like considering every story the man touches turns into some dark stuff this one was surprisingly positive all the way to the end. Certain characters got a happier ending than in the source material. Especially Kayneth's character surprised me a lot in that regard.

And the music! "Dogfight" as the boss theme is amazing. Got shivers when "The Battle Ts To The Strong" and "Point Zero" played in their respective battles.

Despite the good time; the event is way too long. I would argue that this event is easily manageable within 2 weeks. I'm not going to complain about it too much because it means we got ourselves superior farming nodes for 2 more weeks.

6 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Unless you really like him I would recommend to save your SQ because as an Arts Assassin I see Shiki as the superior choice. He is more suited as Arts Support because of his higher Star gen and the targetable taunt but his damage and NP are quite lacking.

I know Shiki is better even after EMIYA gets his Interlude, but I really like his design. Targetable Taunt is also an incredible utility in my opinion, but it's a shame it only lasts one turn.

Plus didn't you say that you want Li Shuwen? The guy is on rate-up next alongside Xuanzang, better save for him then, no?

I want all of them. Help me

And the music! "Dogfight" as the boss theme is amazing. Got shivers when "The Battle Ts To The Strong" and "Point Zero" played in their respective battles.

I loved "The Battle is to the Strong", but when did "Dogfight" and "Point Zero" play again?

And by main event, you just mean everything other than the time-limited quests, right?

55 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I want all of them.

Don't get greedy now.

55 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

loved "The Battle is to the Strong", but when did "Dogfight" and "Point Zero" play again?

Dogfight is played in every Fatal Battle while Point Zero plays during the final battle in ACT-18.
How did you not notice that?

Edited by The Smiling Priest

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

I want all of them. Help me

you knew what you were doing.

Spoiler

https://www.ncpgambling.org/help-treatment/national-helpline-1-800-522-4700/

NATIONAL PROBLEM GAMBLING HELPLINE

1-800-522-4700

just in case someone actually needs it. i swear the fgo reddit needs this in the sticky.

40 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Don't get greedy now.

Dogfight is played in every Fatal Battle while Point Zero plays during the final battle in ACT-18.

which beast is the sin of greed?

1 hour ago, The Priest said:

Story-wise I'm a bit skeptical that this was written by Urobuchi. Like considering every story the man touches turns into some dark stuff this one was surprisingly positive all the way to the end. Certain characters got a happier ending than in the source material. Especially Kayneth's character surprised me a lot in that regard.

From what I've heard, Urobuchi wanted to make the event story darker than FZ, but Nasu made him write a happy ending, and stopped him from killing off random characters.

Edit:  It was said in an interview with Nasu just before the event originally released:  https://oneofepisodes.wordpress.com/2016/04/18/fgo-tm-ace-042016/

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

50 minutes ago, The Priest said:

Don't get greedy now.

7 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

you knew what you were doing.

Reveal hidden contents

https://www.ncpgambling.org/help-treatment/national-helpline-1-800-522-4700/

NATIONAL PROBLEM GAMBLING HELPLINE

1-800-522-4700

just in case someone actually needs it. i swear the fgo reddit needs this in the sticky.

which beast is the sin of greed?

Gamble responsibly.

50 minutes ago, The Priest said:

I recognized Point Zero immediately after I made my post, but it looks like the event plays Dogfight from a different starting point than when I looked it up. Woops.

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Gamble responsibly.

I recognized Point Zero immediately after I made my post, but it looks like the event plays Dogfight from a different starting point than when I looked it up. Woops.

follow what you preach, don't be a fraud.

Jeanne Alter is too much fun to use.

Over 100k on a crit against neutral class is just why.

Alex just genned 50 stars in one turn. Alex best star generator confirmed.

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Jeanne Alter is too much fun to use.

Over 100k on a crit against neutral class is just why.

pffft I'm going to be waiting for Gorgon for quite a while, aren't I.

totally worth it.

can't wait for mama raikou and 6000% star abssorb.

2 hours ago, Czarpy said:

pffft I'm going to be waiting for Gorgon for quite a while, aren't I.

totally worth it.

can't wait for mama raikou and 6000% star abssorb.

I see you 6000% star absorb and put Saber "6100 crit weight" Lancelot

34 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

I see you 6000% star absorb and put Saber "6100 crit weight" Lancelot

I see an empty wallet on my part due to Li Shu Wen, Sanzang, Raikou, Saberlot, Nitocris, Anniversary Gacha (fran, nero), and Summer Gacha being back to back.

and that's not even counting shuten.

send help

thankfully, we also get rider kintoki so i don't have to prioritize ozymandias as a gold stnp rider. Kotarou Fuuma's an AoE assassin (so's summer shishou), so that knocks shuten off the priority list for now...

Li Shu Wen is desired solely due to arts team shenanigans. Same with saberlot. 

everything else is waifu.  I'll probably break open my wallet for the summer gacha. 

I'm probably not gonna roll on the Prisma Illya banner.

Finished all missions and cleared the challenge quest. I put Jeanne Alter away for this one and brought out Black Grail Shiki with her harem of Tamamo and Shielder, all with maxed skills. She NP'd three times.

Ouch.

Now to finish leveling Irisviel and clear out the emblems from the shop. Anyone know the best places to grind each class emblem?

Edited by MrSmokestack

26 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Now to finish leveling Irisviel and clear out the emblems from the shop. Anyone know the best places to grind each class emblem?

Going off of this Reddit Guide, they are...

Pre-EX Ranks

Type of Seal Location
Saber New Fuyuki A
Archer Sewers B
Lancer Einzbern Castle A
Rider Wharf A
Caster Homurahara A
Assassin Residential Area A
Berserker Tohsaka Residence A

EX Ranks

Type of Seal Location
Saber New Fuyuki EX
Archer Sewers EX
Lancer Einzbern EX
Rider Wharf A (EX is close, has other seals/enemies)
Caster Homurahara A (EX is close, has other seals/enemies)
Assassin Residential Area EX
Berserker Tohsaka Residence EX

1 hour ago, Sire said:

EX Ranks
Type of Seal Location
Saber New Fuyuki EX
Archer Sewers EX
Lancer Einzbern EX
Rider Wharf A (EX is close, has other seals/enemies)
Caster Homurahara A (EX is close, has other seals/enemies)
Assassin Residential Area EX
Berserker Tohsaka Residence EX

And Rider is the best for grinding QP, correct? We have 3 bonus unit assassins.

51 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

IIRC, Assassin is.  There are 3 bonus Casters (Iri, Waver, Gilles), and Residential EX has 13 assassins, while the best Rider node only has 9 bugs.

Admittedly, Gilles and Waver are somewhat rare, relatively speaking, so it's not as F2P friendly.  Rider might be better for you depending on the servants you have available.

Edited by YotsuMaboroshi

37 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Assassins (Arm Hassan, Hundred Hassan, Kerry) and Casters (Waver, Caster Giles, Welfare) are good due to their bonus unit counts. So, farming Rider and Assassin seals are probably worthwhile.

Apparently farming the Residential District (Assassin Node) is the best spot for QP farming, but sources differ. There is also the Samurai Residence (Rider Node) which is also a viable option and may be easier to reliably farm.

Some also may farm for Feathers on top of QP, and the nodes for that are...
"Regarding Feather farming: Samurai Residence A has the best rate but low QP, Wharf EX has the second best rate with higher QP, and Samurai Residence EX has the lowest rate but also drops Chaos Claws."

20 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

From what I've heard, Urobuchi wanted to make the event story darker than FZ, but Nasu made him write a happy ending, and stopped him from killing off random characters.

"Darker than the original"
Yeah, that's Urobutcher for you.

---

Looking at the EX drop table, it seems one should priotize Crystals, Feathers, Hearts and Reverse Scales. Everything else seems worse than standard farming nodes.

1 hour ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

IIRC, Assassin is.  There are 3 bonus Casters (Iri, Waver, Gilles), and Residential EX has 13 assassins, while the best Rider node only has 9 bugs.

Admittedly, Gilles and Waver are somewhat rare, relatively speaking, so it's not as F2P friendly.  Rider might be better for you depending on the servants you have available.

I’ll probably grind Residential EX since I can field support Waver for that. I only have two of the three bonus units for Caster and Rider drops anyway.

How good is the drop rate for God Hearts in Sewers EX? I might grind that so I can finish leveling Jeanne Alter’s 2nd skill and have her 10/10/10.

36 minutes ago, The Priest said:

"Darker than the original"
Yeah, that's Urobutcher for you.

---

Looking at the EX drop table, it seems one should priotize Crystals, Feathers, Hearts and Reverse Scales. Everything else seems worse than standard farming nodes.

caesar and hans want gears.

I'm probably gonna farm for more bones/dust. I just want more.