Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

45 minutes ago, QKumber said:

she has a decent AoE NP, and crazy strong stereoids for her buster crits!

if you need a lancer to land some pretty damn high dmg on a single turn, she is your girl!

I do want a gold AoE lancer, so i might roll the knights paid gacha fr her.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

play with her form friends to see what she is capable of!

can`t go wrong with Hans + support + LancerAlter! 2030 works, but we got a couple of CEs that grant some stars - like this one from fate zero event! 2 of those + hans should suffice!

That's for Lancer Alter.

Regular Lancer is pretty much Artoria in a different class; except she traded Instinct for absurd NP gain. She is very much able to spam her NP with that massive NP gain on her 3rd and the decent refund from each NP use. Plus she has good base stats for NP gain.

The problem with her is the lack of damage. She is still missing an NP Interlude and unlike Lancer Alter she doesn't have the Crit boosts to give her an edge against bosses. Her Atk is nothing special either so she is really not all that great for a SSR Lancer. Unlike Saber vs Saber Alter this case always favors the Alter form because of having a better well-rounded kit as opposed to "let's throw wet noodles and see what happens".

EDIT:
As it is Karna is probably the better alternative as your AoE Lancer since he is pretty much better in everything but NP gain. Higher base Atk, "better" Mana Burst, Crit Boost and some extra utility with NP seal. Once he gets his NP Interlude he rips apart Divine Servants.

... so yes, you will have to roll on the Knight Gacha and pray for a Gold Lancer card.

Edited by The Priest

29 minutes ago, The Priest said:

That's for Lancer Alter.

Regular Lancer is pretty much Artoria in a different class; except she traded Instinct for absurd NP gain. She is very much able to spam her NP with that massive NP gain on her 3rd and the decent refund from each NP use. Plus she has good base stats for NP gain.

The problem with her is the lack of damage. She is still missing an NP Interlude and unlike Lancer Alter she doesn't have the Crit boosts to give her an edge against bosses. Her Atk is nothing special either so she is really not all that great for a SSR Lancer. Unlike Saber vs Saber Alter this case always favors the Alter form because of having a better well-rounded kit as opposed to "let's throw wet noodles and see what happens".

EDIT:
As it is Karna is probably the better alternative as your AoE Lancer since he is pretty much better in everything but NP gain. Higher base Atk, "better" Mana Burst, Crit Boost and some extra utility with NP seal. Once he gets his NP Interlude he rips apart Divine Servants.

... so yes, you will have to roll on the Knight Gacha and pray for a Gold Lancer card.

well the ONLY SSR Knight class servant I have is Brynhildr. No matter what shows up, I'll have someone new.

Karna/Lartoria/Okita/Orion are the ones I want from that particular gacha. But if Mordred/Artoria/Arjuna/Tesla/Gil pop up, it's not the end of the world. (Is Nero Bride and Jeanne on that banner?)

as for Lalter, I'm probably gonna roll for her during the KoTR banner that's bound to show up later this year. While she shares it with like fucking 6 others, I'd still be interested in pulling tristan/lancelot/gawain or another salter copy.

oh boi Rama is at max level and ready for everyone's use in Rashoumon. You fuckers will still take support wavers tho.

14 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Karna/Lartoria/Okita/Orion are the ones I want from that particular gacha. But if Mordred/Artoria/Arjuna/Tesla/Gil pop up, it's not the end of the world. (Is Nero Bride and Jeanne on that banner?)

Assuming they continue with an "authentic JP experience" for NA, the banners will be Cavalry and Knights+Jeanne.  Limited units such as Okita, Nero Bride, or Gilgamesh will not be on the paid gacha.  Additionally, if the anniversary gacha comes before Camelot, expect the paid gacha to not include Lartoria/Ozy, similar to Jack/Mordred missing from NA's first paid gacha.

In general, they only started adding limited units to the paid gacha with the second anniversary.  The sole exception for this so far was Okita on the first paid gacha for some reason (happened in both JP and NA).

15 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Assuming they continue with an "authentic JP experience" for NA, the banners will be Cavalry and Knights+Jeanne.  Limited units such as Okita, Nero Bride, or Gilgamesh will not be on the paid gacha.  Additionally, if the anniversary gacha comes before Camelot, expect the paid gacha to not include Lartoria/Ozy, similar to Jack/Mordred missing from NA's first paid gacha.

In general, they only started adding limited units to the paid gacha with the second anniversary.  The sole exception for this so far was Okita on the first paid gacha for some reason (happened in both JP and NA).

welp.

I'm leery on rolling the cavalry one because I have like half the potential SSRs from it already.

Vlad/Nightingale/Jack/ Tamamo

that leaves like

Waver/Medb?/Drake/Cu Alter?

in as much as Vlad and Tamamo might really benefit from getting np2, I don't know if I want to chance getting another copy of jack or nightingale. Despite the knight gacha being composed of half beam-sabers, 2 AoE archers, and then karna/orion, at least I'm not risking getting someone that I don't have.

I do want waver/drake/cu alter, but it's too much of a risk. Welp, I could just pass it up and opt to spend the quartz on something like the onigashima or summer banners. 

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

AZO lasts way too long. Havent been to interested at logging in(RIP Bond 10 Sumanai lol)

i kinda wish the drop rates for the shit was better.

but i need babies and feathers so it didn't hurt to try.

i hope we get a 1/2 embers for a week. I'm gonna get mama iri to FA so i can use her for arts team shenanigans.

and by arts team shenanigans, I mean Vlad.

hng I wonder if there's a comparison between Archuria and Kuro. Both are arts archers and shit. The only thing I can find on it is that archuria gets NP spammability.

oh you were talking about regular Lancer Altria, the SSR? my bad I thought it was Lancer Altria Alter whoops

and come on, we need 1/2 AP for story / free quests / interludes!!! I have so many of those to do :P

11 minutes ago, QKumber said:

oh you were talking about regular Lancer Altria, the SSR? my bad I thought it was Lancer Altria Alter whoops

and come on, we need 1/2 AP for story / free quests / interludes!!! I have so many of those to do :P

well if it's a 1/2 off for free quests, then I'm probably gonna do that one evil bones quest in fuyuki until i go nuts.

then it's off to ember farming.

I'm still casually farming the Zero Event in hopes of getting another "His Rightful Place" CE so I can have 2 MLB copies of it. I had crazy luck before so I'm hoping it'll pull through for "just one more copy." I may end up spending apples if I don't get one...

6 hours ago, QKumber said:

I regret spending 3 days worth of natural AP on samurai EX... got only a single feather ><

meanwhile, since Friday until today, got more then 12 from Wharf... If only I knew =p

at least you got enough  QP, right?

I'm not even sure if it's totally worth farming for the mats at this point since the drop rates are low as fuck.

yay I'm probably gonna be able to get a shitload of more quartz from bond levels within a month. 

8 hours ago, Czarpy said:

at least you got enough  QP, right?

I'm not even sure if it's totally worth farming for the mats at this point since the drop rates are low as fuck.

yay I'm probably gonna be able to get a shitload of more quartz from bond levels within a month. 

true, I did get quite a nice amount of QP...raised mostly everything that I have any interest to lvl6 already and couple sitting at 9/9/9 because you know, lores :P

sitting confortably at 850 million QP now, good amount and far away from cap to be safe

come sooner SUMMER!

18 minutes ago, QKumber said:

true, I did get quite a nice amount of QP...raised mostly everything that I have any interest to lvl6 already and couple sitting at 9/9/9 because you know, lores :P

sitting confortably at 850 million QP now, good amount and far away from cap to be safe

come sooner SUMMER!

as soon as I hit about ten homunculus babies I'll call it quits.

I've got enough mats for Tawara Touta, Bedivere, Fuuma, and Hassan of Serenity.

As for characters to get to max level in the intervening time, there's

Salter/Medusa

Shiki/Jack

Nobu/Iri

Vlad/Lu Bu

Onigashima should be interesting. Yay for Kintoki making Ozymandias fall off my priority list since a shitton of people will get him onto their supports list.

Hmn, I JUST realized I have all my Onigashima event bonus servants at FA except for the unreleased ones.

How good is Assassin Shiki for that event?

1 hour ago, QKumber said:

Touta is...the riceman ?

Indeed he is. The 3* Archer who despite having a very solid set manages to be the worst out of them.

---

Btw. if anyone needs a farming Saber you may know enjoy a fully ascended Mordred with 7/4/7 in skills and NP Interlude.
Surprisingly enough my mats aligned pretty well with her. I only needed to farm Crystals which the Tohsaka node gives in spades (I farmed ~50 of them for Ascension and skills) though I won't be able to ascend Astolfo and Rama to their Interlude requirements for a while (they need 3rd Ascension anyway and I'm gated by EXP first and foremost).

Before anyone asks what happened with Vlad ... well, he needs 6 Claws and I only have a single one. Until the event ends I'm going to farm Crystals first. We have (probably) some time until Rashomon hits so I probably have him ready by then.

Edited by The Priest

2 hours ago, The Priest said:

Before anyone asks what happened with Vlad ... well, he needs 6 Claws and I only have a single one. Until the event ends I'm going to farm Crystals first. We have (probably) some time until Rashomon hits so I probably have him ready by then.

In this specific case, Vlad might not be a great choice... remember that being a zerk himself he still deals 1.5x dmg but also receives the same amount!

Unlike other classes that deal 2.0x dmg and receive 1.5x from Ibaraki (zerk)

2 hours ago, The Priest said:

Indeed he is. The 3* Archer who despite having a very solid set manages to be the worst out of them.

---

Btw. if anyone needs a farming Saber you may know enjoy a fully ascended Mordred with 7/4/7 in skills and NP Interlude.
Surprisingly enough my mats aligned pretty well with her. I only needed to farm Crystals which the Tohsaka node gives in spades (I farmed ~50 of them for Ascension and skills) though I won't be able to ascend Astolfo and Rama to their Interlude requirements for a while (they need 3rd Ascension anyway and I'm gated by EXP first and foremost).

It's really something when buster buff+heal/ PfA make you the WORST of the 3* archers lol.

Buster AoE NP with AABBQ deck and an Anti-Fiend NP. If he were around from the beginning, he'd have been great.

as it is, I look forward to using him. his skillset looks fun if I team him up with Brynhildr+Caesar.

To be fair, I'm gonna love pairing him with the holy king CE and a support Jean that has her bond CE for fun and shenanigans

isn't rama the premier damage dealer vs Rashoumon?

Vlad might really want a Jeanne support for harder battles since he has a distinct lack of durability outside of morph+guts.

22 minutes ago, QKumber said:

In this specific case, Vlad might not be a great choice... remember that being a zerk himself he still deals 1.5x dmg but also receives the same amount!

Unlike other classes that deal 2.0x dmg and receive 1.5x from Ibaraki (zerk)

NP spamming tho

5 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

NP spamming tho

I do not know what The Priest has at his disposal, but if you intend to np spam that specific quest, there are better options - specially an archer named Orion :P

In my case, I have the supports... so I can pick any art dps, not sure about evereyone else. I would just do not recommend Vlad as a 1st pick this round. Orion / Bride / Shiki seems better, but I am just speaking after reading the quests and watching couple videos. No 1st hand experience.

12 minutes ago, QKumber said:

I do not know what The Priest has at his disposal, but if you intend to np spam that specific quest, there are better options - specially an archer named Orion :P

In my case, I have the supports... so I can pick any art dps, not sure about evereyone else. I would just do not recommend Vlad as a 1st pick this round. Orion / Bride / Shiki seems better, but I am just speaking after reading the quests and watching couple videos. No 1st hand experience.

it's just that Vlad fits every arts team comp, even as a secondary dps.

Iirc, he's got tamamo so he'll be fine.

5 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

it's just that Vlad fits every arts team comp, even as a secondary dps.

Iirc, he's got tamamo so he'll be fine.

I mean yeah, but in this quest specially, the fact that his berserk modifier is SMALLER then those from ANY other class is kinda of a killer. If only he got some extra defences vs fellow berserkers :P

3 hours ago, QKumber said:

I mean yeah, but in this quest specially, the fact that his berserk modifier is SMALLER then those from ANY other class is kinda of a killer. If only he got some extra defences vs fellow berserkers :P

well yeah.

man if Ikaraki was male then euryale/orion would bulli her even better than ram

having had to look through stuff on Irish Myth, I came across this tidbit on Medb.

Spoiler

Shortly before a battle, Medb found herself in desperate need to relieve her bladder. Fergus knelt beside her to cover them both with his shield, and the water she passes forms three great rivers large enough that 'a mill could find room on each dyke'.
The three valleys carved by this torrent came to be known as FualMedba, or "Medb's piss-pot" (alt. Medb's foul place.)

please don't delete this eclipse.

Edited by Czarpy

52 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

NA Rashomon starts on 5/16.  Probably means we'll get the Kintoki banner during the dead week after FZ ends.

I am so tempted to roll for our golden boy.

but then I remember that I can just use Eclipse's

how useful is Irisveil going to be down the line for gameplay?

lol JP turned Bryn'd third skill even more broken.

3000% star absorb and +40% crit damage for three turns.

if NA gets that soon, then ima have fun with the zerks

Edited by Czarpy