Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

Jeanne Alter leaves 2BP Banana Oni with like 200k after one brave chain and straight up oneshots her with Shana-o. I am ok with this.

Got two Shana-o CEs and one Carp CE so far. My support has been updated accordingly.

I’ll start 3 BP once I get Shana-o to MLB.

@The Priest I see you don’t have anyone to buff Shishou’s Quick. NP and critical buffs are pretty weak in events with damage CEs because of how the game calculates the damage of each. To oversimplify it, the formula stacks NP damage, critical, and damage CE additively (depending on which applies first obviously) so using other buff types like Quick or Arts Up are better.

I think you should give Shishou another try. Between Plugsuit, Waver, and her NP, you have up to three stun turns to slow down Ibaraki. Bringing a taunt like Shielder or Leo buys you even more time should you use Plugsuit too.

Edited by MrSmokestack

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

For trying to get Shuten Douji I got 

Reveal hidden contents

SQvej7d.png

Reveal hidden contents

Zj1lQUW.png

Reveal hidden contents

Y6Pc1Vj.png

Then when it came down to singles.

Reveal hidden contents

NuDq3OO.png

Reveal hidden contents

nTxz8oZ.png

Reveal hidden contents

qksQOSX.png

Reveal hidden contents

DnQZguy.png

Finally

Reveal hidden contents

1Ya4qEs.png

My second SSR servant came home, I'm happy. (F2p)

Shuten+emiya is fun.

Did you save cash for the drunk oni loli? We're gonna get around 16 SQ from the event itself and about 9(?) more SQ from logins/weeklies.

I'm probably gonna roll twice for her since she makes robin hood even better.

I am full of mixed feelings right now. Just pulled 4 SR/SSR CEs 

-Art of poisonous snake

-Black Grail

-Vessel of the Saint

-Burning Tale of Love

waifu still evades me. 

fucking two 5* CEs lol. This is a good roll but I really wish one of those turned into a gold servant.

Black Grail shenanigans tho.

Edited by Czarpy

3 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I think you should give Shishou another try. Between Plugsuit, Waver, and her NP, you have up to three stun turns to slow down Ibaraki. Bringing a taunt like Shielder or Leo buys you even more time should you use Plugsuit too.

Thing is outlasting Ibaraki isn't that hard imo (really just stick Cu on the last spot and it is no big deal), problem is killing her off. Plus considering her deck is BBAQQ it's kinda hard to build up her NP through Arts Chains and her Quick cards suck.
... then again once I used Scathach with the Damage CE she almost 1-shot Ibaraki (left her at ~20.000k). I guess I should build around her crits instead of just trying to NP nuke her.

---

Got 9 tries done and the hands dropped an Ushiwakamaru and Kintoki CE each. That's nice I think I might try the 3 BP quest tomorrow once I got the 2nd Kintoki CE.

Having to sleep made me lose some BP charges Sleep is for the weak and I'm weak

I did one 10-roll for the farming CE and got two of Kiyo and one of Tamamo. That should be enough to farm the shop so I'm set.

The 2 BP banana was a lot easier than expected. Arjuna and a support Shishou with the Ushi CE are good enough defeat everyone easily while Helena provides NP charge, stars and debuffing the banana and her hands with her NP. I even managed to defeat the banana and hands before I got a Ushi CE.

I'm a bit scared of Lancer day but I think I can pull it off with Hans and a support Mordred.

For the 3BP I don't know what I'll do but I'll likely wait until Berserker day before I start using the rice balls.

So far only did 8 rounds of 2 BP

Shishou + 2x wavers is super braindead...without CEs. With a single Ushi CE Scathach can dish around 750k in a single np...she straight 1 round killed Iba with a brave quick chain for me.

Scathach np gain is subpar, just remember to toss her buster card at the end of chains. 5% give or take helps a bit (if the chain starts with anyone else art card)

And between MC stun / Gae Bolg Alt / duo wavers, Ibaraki hardly has time to cast nasty stuff.

Gonna test 3bp once I get at least mlb Ushi CE. Eager to try

@The Priest 1M damage goes by so fast that stalling isn’t as important in 2 BP. But in 3 BP it is absolutely necessary this early into the event.

Braindead DPS like Jeanne Alter gets better once Shana-o hits MLB and you can field an entire team of Magikarp CEs, but before then Shishou makes up for her lower damage ceiling with utility; the cooldown on her Evade is lower and she has guaranteed stun on NP. In my opinion, anyway.

Also, you have CASCO. She reduces skill cooldowns and is a second Caster. Between her and Waver Shishou shouldn’t have to suffer building up NP on the off turns.

I decided against waiting for MLB Shana-o and dove headfirst into 3 BP with Jeanne / Leonidas / Waver / Tamamo / Shielder / Cu, using the power of Atlas Waver (copyright @JSND Alter Dragon Boner). The first few attempts were rough but now I’m sitting at 23M for my troubles.

I recommend spending all of your BP refills as you get them, especially if you’re grinding gourds. The HP of the hands increases as the days go by, but the drops remain the same.

38 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@The Priest 1M damage goes by so fast that stalling isn’t as important in 2 BP. But in 3 BP it is absolutely necessary this early into the event.

Braindead DPS like Jeanne Alter gets better once Shana-o hits MLB and you can field an entire team of Magikarp CEs, but before then Shishou makes up for her lower damage ceiling with utility; the cooldown on her Evade is lower and she has guaranteed stun on NP. In my opinion, anyway.

Also, you have CASCO. She reduces skill cooldowns and is a second Caster. Between her and Waver Shishou shouldn’t have to suffer building up NP on the off turns.

I decided against waiting for MLB Shana-o and dove headfirst into 3 BP with Jeanne / Leonidas / Waver / Tamamo / Shielder / Cu, using the power of Atlas Waver (copyright @JSND Alter Dragon Boner). The first few attempts were rough but now I’m sitting at 23M for my troubles.

I recommend spending all of your BP refills as you get them, especially if you’re grinding gourds. The HP of the hands increases as the days go by, but the drops remain the same.

So 2bp until the rest of the CEs are gained sounds like a decent idea.

Some guy on my friends list has a fucking MLB Shana-O CE on a pimped out jalter lol.

@MrSmokestack you gonna stream any of this?

Edited by Czarpy

34 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

So 2bp until the rest of the CEs are gained sounds like a decent idea.

If you can do more than 2M to the boss you should do 3 BP instead. 3 BP can be run for stall clears if you have at least one Shana-oh and either one or two Carps. Just do the 2M or so to Banana then kill the hands, from left to right.

34 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

@MrSmokestack you gonna stream any of this?

I streamed earlier today so probably not, at least for the rest of this week.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

1M damage goes by so fast that stalling isn’t as important in 2 BP. But in 3 BP it is absolutely necessary this early into the event.

I find Hans more favorable for Scathach because he compliments her Crits better. That way Scathach can gain more NP gauge and deal more damage by critting during off-Np rounds which it kinda eliminates the need of an AoE against the Hands since they die with a single Crit (at least the current ones).

imo Tamamo works better if you use Shiki, Robin or Vlad because there her Arts boost comes more in play and you can reliably build up NP chains for her sweet Overcharge effect (which equals NP spam obviously). She can of course work with Scathach but a lot of her aspects are just wasted and the cooldown reduction doesn't even do as much on my Scathach because she has high cooldowns.

Currently switchting between Full Arts (Tamamo - Shiki - Waver - Robin - Mash - Cu) and Crits (Scathach - Hans - Waver - Gilgamesh - Mash - Cu). The latter has way more damage potential and ends the 2 BP fight in half the time. The former takes longer (10 turns I think) but I don't have to gamble as much.

Edited by The Priest

33 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

If you can do more than 2M to the boss you should do 3 BP instead. 3 BP can be run for stall clears if you have at least one Shana-oh and either one or two Carps. Just do the 2M or so to Banana then kill the hands, from left to right.

I streamed earlier today so probably not, at least for the rest of this week.

I'm probably gonna wait until I get one more carp, just in case.

man leonidas is handy. lol taunt+np gain is stupidly op on a tank.

lol black grail on robin hood is funny as hell in ordinary battles.

wonder how strong it is on Gilgamesh vs saber servants.

Edited by Czarpy

41 minutes ago, The Priest said:

I find Hans more favorable for Scathach because he compliments her Crits better. That way Scathach can gain more NP gauge and deal more damage by critting during off-Np rounds which it kinda eliminates the need of an AoE against the Hands since they die with a single Crit (at least the current ones).

Hans is good too. I find him too squishy for 3 BP, but use whatever works for you.

imo Tamamo works better if you use Shiki, Robin or Vlad because there her Arts boost comes more in play and you can reliably build up NP chains for her sweet Overcharge effect (which equals NP spam obviously). She can of course work with Scathach but a lot of her aspects are just wasted and the cooldown reduction doesn't even do as much on my Scathach because she has high cooldowns.

Obviously Tamamo has a niche supporting Arts servants, but any team can benefit from her NP charge and cooldown reduction. She also has Morph for taking straight 0’s from the Banana if you stack defense buffs with Shielder and Waver—something I’ve been able to accomplish on more than one occasion in 3 BP.

In other words, she doesn’t die and she helps your guys live longer to spam more.

I was going to say 5/6/5 is not at all a “high cooldown” spread, but then I saw your support and notice you barely leveled her skills. QK would be disappointed

Currently switchting between Full Arts (Tamamo - Shiki - Waver - Robin - Mash - Cu) and Crits (Scathach - Hans - Waver - Gilgamesh - Mash - Cu). The latter has way more damage potential and ends the 2 BP fight in half the time. The former takes longer (10 turns I think) but I don't have to gamble as much.

I took two turns doing the raid segment on 2 BP once. Shrugs

I've been doing the 2BP one with Lancer Artoria, MHX, Support Waver, Jalter, Georgios, and Medea. The general idea is Lancer Artoria handles the hands, MHX does single target damage, and Waver does his support magic. Jalter is present if I need another ST nuke, Georgios tanks, and Medea is my panic button.

I want to start doing the 6M raid, but I do not have a Golden Carp CE of my own yet. I can try the Orion+Tamamo+Support Waver combo, but a part of me likes killing off the hands for extra drops with an AoE NP.

13 hours ago, Czarpy said:

lol fucking kintoki guest unit is weaksauce.

My strategy was to murder him, then use my own Kintoki to dish out great justice.  Things are SO much easier when I can fire my NP at will~!

56 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

Jalterfag

@eclipse you get Fionn yet?

NOPE!

Instead, ran 2BP with MHX, Tesla, support Scathach.  Back line is Kintoki, Mash, and Lancelot.

As long as my front line can fire off their NPs once, I win.  Kintoki's NP is on-demand, Mash's job is to tank and die, and Lancelot takes out the broom and cleans up after everyone.  Also, five stuns is totally not broken. :P:

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

NOPE!

Instead, ran 2BP with MHX, Tesla, support Scathach.  Back line is Kintoki, Mash, and Lancelot.

As long as my front line can fire off their NPs once, I win.  Kintoki's NP is on-demand, Mash's job is to tank and die, and Lancelot takes out the broom and cleans up after everyone.  Also, five stuns is totally not broken. :P:

have fun trying to stall 3bp :P: 

Just now, Czarpy said:

have fun trying to stall 3bp :P: 

3BP is dead to me until I have seven Carps to my name.  Or until it's Rider/Saber day or something.

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

3BP is dead to me until I have seven Carps to my name.  Or until it's Rider/Saber day or something.

I'm certain there's a ton of people who use F2P teams to beat it.

Brynhildr is fun to use here. She makes damn sure those crit stars go to those pimped out support Jalters.

Edited by Czarpy

3 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

I'm certain there's a ton of people who use F2P teams to beat it.

Brynhildr is fun to use here. She makes damn sure those crit stars go to those pimped out support Jalters.

General advice is to hold off on 3BP unless you can stall it out, or until you have the proper CEs.  I'm gunning for the latter.  It also doesn't help that this wave is lancer-friendly.

...6 BP down the drain trying the 6M, with two rice balls gone.

First try was pretty awesome. I tried using MHX and my 70 Jalter to deal tons of damage to the boss (over 2M with only a support Carp), and managed to wipe the hands with Lancer Artoria. Problem is, the boss then wiped the rest of my party when I had 2 turns left.

Second time I tried focusing on more on survival, trading Artoria Lancer for Cu FSN. My team got annihilated instantly and I was wondering what went wrong. Even my Volumen Hydrargyrum CE can't save me.
So, screw 6M until I am fully prepared. I just wanted to deal damage and then stall so I can get 2M from the 3 BP instead of running 2BP constantly. 

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

General advice is to hold off on 3BP unless you can stall it out, or until you have the proper CEs.  I'm gunning for the latter.  It also doesn't help that this wave is lancer-friendly.

Yeah the other way is running Sca with Waver support. Its why Carp drop is super valuable since it speeds up the next process

It'll be curious to see if NA can actually clear Banana Oni's HP.  It's been a rather underwhelming start and I'd that the NA player-base is significantly lower than the JP one was at this point, but I would imagine that the slow start is at least partially due to people not having their damage CEs yet and not going straight for 3 BP runs.

10 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

QK would be disappointed

I am =p

Ok after 10 2bp runs decided to dive into 3bp

Sca (ushi) +2x wavers + Leo + mash + caesar (2 total magicarps including support)

Just TRY to take it slow on first wave - gets much harder with extra carps, since everyone hits like a truck AND crits on 1st round anyway.

cast waver crit up for np on Sca (60%) then facecard 1st wave. Took me 3 turns, now only 2 since even waver art card can 1shot random drunkards

At Iba, just cycle cooldowns and keep 1 waver def up as long as possible. With it, not so hard to sustain the dmg she does. Might cut close since lack of CEs the dmg isn`t really there, but I`ve managed to kill her every single try so far.

3bp is MUCH more fun!!! Now farming for my last Ushi CE from the shop to MLB it!!

ps: had a run where I managed to fire Gae Bolg Alt with Sca quick up + 2x waver atk up + lvl7 plugsuit atk up + lvl6 charisma + np dmg from caesar! Fun times :D