Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

6 hours ago, Sire said:

...6 BP down the drain trying the 6M, with two rice balls gone.

First try was pretty awesome. I tried using MHX and my 70 Jalter to deal tons of damage to the boss (over 2M with only a support Carp), and managed to wipe the hands with Lancer Artoria. Problem is, the boss then wiped the rest of my party when I had 2 turns left.

Second time I tried focusing on more on survival, trading Artoria Lancer for Cu FSN. My team got annihilated instantly and I was wondering what went wrong. Even my Volumen Hydrargyrum CE can't save me.
So, screw 6M until I am fully prepared. I just wanted to deal damage and then stall so I can get 2M from the 3 BP instead of running 2BP constantly. 

Who are you using? Shielder, Waver, Cu, and Tamamo are all good for stalling the final node with leveled skills.

You’re investing too much DPS for how low your team damage actually is for killing 6M. Run 1 DPS and just focus on dealing 2M damage while killing hands, then stall for the rest of the fight.

1 hour ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

It'll be curious to see if NA can actually clear Banana Oni's HP.

I really doubt it at this point. We’re barely anywhere near the halfway mark for damage despite Waver and Jeanne Alter being the most common SSR in NA. That’s disappointing.

@QKumber Good stuff. I’m going to get my MLB Shana-oh today most likely. With five carps this should go by pretty fast.

Do you kill hands consistently with your strategy? Which MC do you use?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I really doubt it at this point. We’re barely anywhere near the halfway mark for damage despite Waver and Jeanne Alter being the most common SSR in NA. That’s disappointing.

I'm leaning towards no as well, but it might be too early to judge. We'll see how it goes.

Either way, I'm surprised that the developers haven't nerfed her HP considering the lower player-base. It seems like a pretty obvious thing to do but hey, I'm not a developer for the game, so what do I know? I'm sure they have a reason for it.

Tried going at 3BP with Iskandar as main damage dealer and two Wavers, just to see how I'd do, I did... not well.  Even with one Waver's level 10 Def buff up, Ibaraki was just dealing too much damage and she quickly killed one of the Wavers, which threw everything off very quickly.  

I might try again with Kerry in place of Iskandar while ignoring hands after getting another Kintoki CE.  Maybe on assassin day, since they'd do reduced damage to the Wavers.  

I guess until then, I'll just keep 3 turning the 2BP.  I really wish there was a 3m Ibaraki or something.  The jump between 2BP and 3BP is really huge.  

1 hour ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

Either way, I'm surprised that the developers haven't nerfed her HP considering the lower player-base. It seems like a pretty obvious thing to do but hey, I'm not a developer for the game, so what do I know? I'm sure they have a reason for it.

A u t h e n t i c JP e x p e r i e n c e

I finally managed to do 6M damage in one run earlier this morning. It took MLB Shana-o and 5 Carps, one of which was MLB, though. At least this team can also survive if the burst gets screwed up somehow.

I might take a break and just grind 2 BP for gourds to buy all the God Hearts from shop before I go back to 3 BP.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

A u t h e n t i c JP e x p e r i e n c e

Does this mean we'll get to experience Gawain just as the JP players did when the game first launched?

17 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

What does that mean?

he had insane buffs and caught the playerbase off guard since people weren't used to hard content and thus didn't have to worry about raising their Euryale/Robin and just raised waifus.

like, I think he had a +%100 defense buff on top of other things lol.

8 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Who are you using? Shielder, Waver, Cu, and Tamamo are all good for stalling the final node with leveled skills.

You’re investing too much DPS for how low your team damage actually is for killing 6M. Run 1 DPS and just focus on dealing 2M damage while killing hands, then stall for the rest of the fight.

My plan was to deal 2M damage and then outlast the 3BP node. I never intended to kill the 6M on these runs. For my teams...

1st Attempt: MHX, Jalter, Support Waver (10/10/10) || Lancer Artoria, Mash, 86 Georgios (with Kayneth CE)
2nd Attempt: MHX, Jalter, Support Waver (10/10/10) || Cu FSN, Mash, 86 Georgios (with Kayneth CE)

First try I did pretty well but my team died with 2-3 turns left. I think my problem there is that I killed the hands too early. 2nd try I think Waver was focused down by the AI and I got crit to death.
- - - - -
If I try 3BP again, it'll be when I have several Carp CEs and possibly with the Orion+Tamamo+Waver combo. Alternatively, it'll be when I maxed out on my CEs so I can nuke that flipping banana back to whatever domain it came from.

I'm able to reliably do 2.5-5M on 3BP now, depending on RNG, though it usually ends with Marie and/or Cu as the last one standing.  Not ideal, but my burst turns are a bit low because Lalter's skills are only at 4/4/4.  I'll probably get better results when I shift the DPS class when hands shift classes.

whoo used my AP for hands farming and managed to get both Jack and Vlad to max level.

Can't event come close to doing the 3bp one at all, so I'm gonna stick to the 2bp one for now.

10 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

@QKumber Good stuff. I’m going to get my MLB Shana-oh today most likely. With five carps this should go by pretty fast.

Do you kill hands consistently with your strategy? Which MC do you use?

Yeah, I always kill the hands! Still need many gourds and would like some CE drops... those never drop for me - over 100Million dmg already

I was using the plugsuit since I can be lazier with him and just let a taunt eat an np for free. But I might swap for something else to lvl up a dif MC

Now, with a MLB Ushi CE + full carp team (4 from me +1/2 from support) and one waver OR MC atk buff, a single buster from Scathach can kill a hand - mine is lvl100, so the extra atk helps.

And remember guys, if you use the BP diligently, you only need to clear 3bp 15~20 times. We will get +/-550 total bp from regen+riceballs. Farm the CEs if before. 1 Ushi +2 carps would be the minimum I would say - and I am using a cheat team (Sca Waver Waver)

12 hours ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

It'll be curious to see if NA can actually clear Banana Oni's HP.  It's been a rather underwhelming start and I'd that the NA player-base is significantly lower than the JP one was at this point, but I would imagine that the slow start is at least partially due to people not having their damage CEs yet and not going straight for 3 BP runs.

I guess we will be stuck halfway on the last Raid and fail the event.
You know they should have implemented the intermediate 2 BP option that the re-run had. That way it would have been way more manageable for the NA side.

1 hour ago, Sire said:

My plan was to deal 2M damage and then outlast the 3BP node. I never intended to kill the 6M on these runs. For my teams...

1st Attempt: MHX, Jalter, Support Waver (10/10/10) || Lancer Artoria, Mash, 86 Georgios (with Kayneth CE)
2nd Attempt: MHX, Jalter, Support Waver (10/10/10) || Cu FSN, Mash, 86 Georgios (with Kayneth CE)

First try I did pretty well but my team died with 2-3 turns left. I think my problem there is that I killed the hands too early. 2nd try I think Waver was focused down by the AI and I got crit to death.
- - - - -
If I try 3BP again, it'll be when I have several Carp CEs and possibly with the Orion+Tamamo+Waver combo. Alternatively, it'll be when I maxed out on my CEs so I can nuke that flipping banana back to whatever domain it came from.

imo you have too many damage dealers and nobody really that focus on survival. MHX, Jeanne Alter and an AoE is kinda excessive for damage output you should overshoot unless they are underleveled (I heard your Jeanne is only ~70, am I right?).
I don't know what level your Servant have but I would recommend to stick Cu at the last slot to stall for the last ~3 turns. Only focus on one ST Servant and get someone like Hans in there instead to get double buffs and HP regen alongside Waver.

9 minutes ago, The Priest said:

imo you have too many damage dealers and nobody really that focus on survival. MHX, Jeanne Alter and an AoE is kinda excessive for damage output you should overshoot unless they are underleveled (I heard your Jeanne is only ~70, am I right?).
I don't know what level your Servant have but I would recommend to stick Cu at the last slot to stall for the last ~3 turns. Only focus on one ST Servant and get someone like Hans in there instead to get double buffs and HP regen alongside Waver.

Jeanne Alter is underleveled, but she still does tons of damage compared to my other characters. Either way, I decided to go with a different setup (until I get more CEs and know I can kill the boss reliably).

I tried the Orion+Tamamo+Support Waver || Artoria Lancer, Mash, Georgios team. I did about 2.5M and got a Carp CE out of it. (Getting the CE was worth sacrificing the 2 Rice Balls and the 2 failed attempts.)

Orion and company deal damage to the main boss as much as possible while trying to survive. Artoria Lancer comes in later to wipe out the hands and deal some last minute damage while Mash and Georgios try to live as long as possible.

2 hours ago, Sire said:

And there’s your problem. @The Priest said this already but more than one DPS is really overkill in an optimized setup and it hurts your ability to survive in case things go wrong.

Having done so many runs with Jeanne Alter as my sole DPS, I’ve come to the conclusion that an AOE damage dealer is convenient at best in 2 BP and superfluous in 3 BP. I’ve never had any trouble killing both hands within three turns in my runs. Just focus them whenever you need to build NP, stalling with Waver NP if needed.

Also! Always, always kill both hands as early as possible. If at least one of them is alive then the banana gets three actions per turn. If both are down, she only gets two. And if she uses a skill or her NP, she gets to attack only once. And they drop the majority of gourds for your grinding needs. What’s not to love?

That being said, congrats on finding success with another team.

And almost forgot. The boss’s debuff skill for each raid battle is scripted. She uses it once when her HP falls below ~50% and again when it drops below ~20%. You can plan your burst around these thresholds to make the boss attack only once on that turn, assuming you killed the hands already. In theory, by getting as close to 50% as possible then bursting her to below 20% HP, you can make the boss use her debuff skill twice, effectively granting you a free turn.

2 hours ago, Sire said:

I got crit to death.

There’s no shame in resetting the app if you get a really BS turn, like two AOE criticals or the banana brutally critting someone to death from full health. Use a skill to advance the RNG.

57 minutes ago, QKumber said:

Yeah, I always kill the hands! Still need many gourds and would like some CE drops... those never drop for me - over 100Million dmg already

Holy...I’m only at 83M or so damage done. I need to pick up the pace.

I spent some time in 2 BP to buy out the God Hearts, but I’ve since jumped back into 3 BP. Haven’t lost a run and I’ve managed 6M damage at least three times at this point. Nice.

57 minutes ago, QKumber said:

I was using the plugsuit since I can be lazier with him and just let a taunt eat an np for free. But I might swap for something else to lvl up a dif MC

I went from Blonde to Atlas to Blonde again before finally settling on Plugsuit. Taunt on demand is much more reliable than putting them in front. The stun is also literally one free turn which helps control the pace of the fight, whether you want the deck to reset or have the taunt tank the NP sooner.

Holy...I’m only at 83M or so damage done. I need to pick up the pace.

I spent some time in 2 BP to buy out the God Hearts, but I’ve since jumped back into 3 BP. Haven’t lost a run and I’ve managed 6M damage at least three times at this point. Nice.

Nah I just used some rice balls and I do manage to kill the 6million version every time, so it adds up pretty quickly.

I went from Blonde to Atlas to Blonde again before finally settling on Plugsuit. Taunt on demand is much more reliable than putting them in front. The stun is also literally one free turn which helps control the pace of the fight, whether you want the deck to reset or have the taunt tank the NP sooner.

This, so much this. Taunt + stun on demand helps a ton to stabilize the run. twice per quest mind you (during the 15turns that is) so you have 2 stuns to plan around and a decent turn of atk up (maybe 2 if you pop it early)

Tried 3 BP 7 times now with my Crit team.
1st attempt was a bust. Ibaraki double-critted Cu to death despite me using a CS to heal him up to full.
2nd attempt and 4th attempt were very close to killing her. I left her at 300k and 10k respectively.
At my latest attempt I managed to crit her to death. That was nice.

I guess I can do 3 BP consistently now as I got the 4th Kintoki CE and MLB the Ushiwakamaru one. But 2 BP should be better for event currency if I didn't miscalculate (you can take a drop CE instead of stacking damage multipliers).

Btw. bless you @JSND Alter Dragon Boner for that MLB Kintoki CE Waver.

Edited by The Priest

Once I got the Shana-oh CE MLB'd I was able to clear the 3 BP quest pretty easily. Scathach was shredding everything even with only a single Waver as support. I might have to switch things up once the enemies aren't all Archers, but I've been having a pretty good time so far.

4 hours ago, The Priest said:

Tried 3 BP 7 times now with my Crit team.
1st attempt was a bust. Ibaraki double-critted Cu to death despite me using a CS to heal him up to full.
2nd attempt and 4th attempt were very close to killing her. I left her at 300k and 10k respectively.
At my latest attempt I managed to crit her to death. That was nice.

I guess I can do 3 BP consistently now as I got the 4th Kintoki CE and MLB the Ushiwakamaru one. But 2 BP should be better for event currency if I didn't miscalculate (you can take a drop CE instead of stacking damage multipliers).

Btw. bless you @JSND Alter Dragon Boner for that MLB Kintoki CE Waver.

Does this mean i got extra stats when deployed alongside Legendary Heroes? I'd rather save the blessing to grind my SP for luck rank to summon more Saber Lancelot though

5 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Does this mean i got extra stats when deployed alongside Legendary Heroes? I'd rather save the blessing to grind my SP for luck rank to summon more Saber Lancelot though

You should look at my avatar to know the truth.
*smiles*

1 hour ago, The Priest said:

You should look at my avatar to know the truth.
*smiles*

Spoiler

32235535_1930856246948822_2915990804927348736_n.thumb.jpg.e5b8d35b632b67d40f3fe4f2b831a175.jpg

Where else am I going to make a Kirei shitpost.

does Saberlot get added to the general summoning pool?

Seems like I don't have to change anything. Even without class advantage, Scathach still annihilates the hands with a Brave chain and Ibaraki gets annihilated pretty easily with 2.8~ million damage NPs.

I'm getting pretty close to 200 Mil Damage done, what about you guys?

Edited by Phillius the Crestfallen

1 hour ago, QKumber said:

as an update, managed to clear 6mil quest with Leo (lvl1)+ Leo sup (lvl1) + Scathach soloing second stage!!

SO fun hahaha loved it

I NEED TO SEE THIS

58 minutes ago, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

Seems like I don't have to change anything. Even without class advantage, Scathach still annihilates the hands with a Brave chain and Ibaraki gets annihilated pretty easily with 2.8~ million damage NPs.

I'm getting pretty close to 200 Mil Damage done, what about you guys?

Right now I’m at 184M damage done.

After doing some more runs I found Leonidas was a lot less consistent than I initially thought. His HP cap is very low and his taunt lasts only one turn. With some bad luck he can either die very early or put his teammates in danger while trying to time bulking Banana Oni’s NP.

That’s when I busted out the Bond 10 d’Eon. No regrets. Having 6k more health lets them tank one extra Banana hit, and the three turn taunt + evade lets me eat right hand’s attack on one turn and conveniently sets them up to be killed by banana NP the turn after. From there Shielder comes in to stall with Waver until Jeanne Alter is ready to NP again.

This might be a stroke of good luck but after adding d’Eon every single one of my runs did 6M damage with one casualty. Bar berserker day I think my team is finally set.

I just have 42M damage dealt. My current setup...

Orion+Tamamo+Support Waver || Mash, (Varies, currently Santa Alter), Georgios

... gets the job done, but I still can't reliably kill the 6M, much less also nab the hands. I have been using JSND's Waver with the MLB Golden Carp (much thanks for the support!), but I don't think I'll be able to get any reliable kills in without a MLB Shana-oh (and this is with my entire team using Golden Carps) Only time I managed to clear everything was my latest attempt and that had a lot of luck with it (due to Waver's stun variability).

Current strat is just to solely focus on banana oni while the team uses skills to manage enemy NPs. I swap out Tamamo or Waver for Mash when the NPs come in.
I guess I'm just not really feeling this raid event, probably because stalling for 15 turns is extremely boring and I need to do so many runs of it. I think I'll have to do 60 runs total of the 3BP node since I can do about 5M per run. Maybe I'll do better on the Saber and Assassin arcs, but I am not that motivated to farm unlike previous events.

At times like this I really wish I had a stronger STNP rider than ushi.

using Georgios, he's doing ok at facetanking, but I need more carps. Blackbeard hit max level alongside George but he's not all that useful for the Oni Bullying unless I grailed him.

Guess I'll be spamming someone's Shishou and Jalter in alternates.