Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

I'm saving every last rice ball for a better setup (SABER DAY).  Caster hands are nice, but they shank MHX.  Farming the 2BP for gourds, since I can't get CEs to drop.

Can still one-shot Ibaraki with MHX/Tesla/Waver with a carp.  Working on MLBing the Shana-oh CE, so I can slap that on Tesla, put Hans or some other support in MHX's place, and shred everything.  My backline is either Mash or 'zerkers (Kintoki in particular hits hard).

Currently running Santa Alter, Tesla, and Waver.  Should probably be Santa Alter, Pirate Chicks, and Waver, but Pirate Chicks are a little underleveled.

IN OTHER NEWS, I had a conversation with my mom that went something like this:

Me: Hey mom, what do you think of this servant?
Mom: She's really pretty.
Me: Oh, here's the description.
Mom: WHAT?!

. . .luckily, she hasn't disowned me for that stunt, and I have a shiny new Rider to fiddle with~!

Edited by eclipse

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, eclipse said:

I'm saving every last rice ball for a better setup (SABER DAY).  Caster hands are nice, but they shank MHX.  Farming the 2BP for gourds, since I can't get CEs to drop.

Can still one-shot Ibaraki with MHX/Tesla/Waver with a carp.  Working on MLBing the Shana-oh CE, so I can slap that on Tesla, put Hans or some other support in MHX's place, and shred everything.  My backline is either Mash or 'zerkers (Kintoki in particular hits hard).

Currently running Santa Alter, Tesla, and Waver.  Should probably be Santa Alter, Pirate Chicks, and Waver, but Pirate Chicks are a little underleveled.

IN OTHER NEWS, I had a conversation with my mom that went something like this:

Me: Hey mom, what do you think of this servant?
Mom: She's really pretty.
Me: Oh, here's the description.
Mom: WHAT?!

. . .luckily, she hasn't disowned me for that stunt, and I have a shiny new Rider to fiddle with~!

oh hey you got a trap.

After getting by butt kicked 5 times by the 3BP banana I decided to summon on Shuten's banner to vent. 

Ended with another Kiyo CE and Yuri pirates, are they good?

@Alexmender Yuri Pirates are great. They’re high risk, high reward, sporting two powerful critical skills that last one turn and an NP that hits hard at low health. The 2nd skill alone still makes them serviceable for how powerful it is at base, but compared to newer critical units they are pretty old. Use them.

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

After getting by butt kicked 5 times by the 3BP banana I decided to summon on Shuten's banner to vent. 

they're great, if you can get their level maxed out soon then they can serve you damned well for this event. Just get a Hassan and it's gr8.

18 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

@Alexmender Yuri Pirates are great. They’re high risk, high reward, sporting two powerful critical skills that last one turn and an NP that hits hard at low health. The 2nd skill alone still makes them serviceable for how powerful it is at base, but compared to newer critical units they are pretty old. Use them.

is the archer version any better?

2 hours ago, Alexmender said:

As someone who actually has them. . .they're great for this event.  Their NP is Quick, which is perfect with Shana-Oh.  Their crit is more-or-less one turn, but that's all you need to obliterate Ibaraki (at least on 2 NP).

25 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

5 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

they're great, if you can get their level maxed out soon then they can serve you damned well for this event. Just get a Hassan and it's gr8.

is the archer version any better?

1 hour ago, Alexmender said:

eh nothing about Yuri Pirates are really high risk, unless your talking about how super high roll oriented her kit are. I agree she's "high risk" in a sense, but not for the reason everyone think it is. The base damage of her NP is above average to begin with. Really that NP basically says "if you know your shit at how to crit, you got rewarded"

But seriously speaking Yuri Pirates is DW's classic design of "critical servant that is utterly helpless at fueling their playstyle who have extreme performance range". DW wants you to pop her first skill to use her NPQQ to produce 24 stars, and then do BAA next turn with 2nd and 3rd for TONS OF DAMAGE with solid NP refill

The problem is its super obvious that getting NPQQ into BAA or BQA requires the stars to literally align themselves for you, and since her skills are 1 turn in duration, you need to REALLY cash it in on a good deck pull, and QQQ is the worst pull possible for crits, while not boosting NP damage is a waste since NP is strong.

So realistically you'd just fill her NP, give her stars outside her own, and then perform BNPA or BNPQ. The result of this is a very dead Caster because 520% damage modifier is pretty good even if its applied on AAQQB deck.

theres also interesting design idea on her kit where she have 1. HIT. EXTRA. CARD. which actually fucks with her playstyle so hard but it doesn't "matter" in the long run she's a unit you support to take advantage of her very good NP and strong skillset

Great summon, if only because the pool of SR Rider is such a trainwreck that getting the one Rider that is an adept at counterclassing did you good. I personally think Counterclass is the single most important thing in the game, so yeah

Yuri Pirates Archer Edition, otoh is the reverse of that. If Rider Yuri and Lancelot is the perfect example of helpless high reward crit servant, Archer Yuri and Saberlot is the example of lower reward ceiling crit servant(depending on your standard of lower at least) who is completely self sustaining. For starter her deck is BBAAQ which is good for crits, and shes a modern 3:2 Q vs A deck with 5 hit extra so her star productions are strictly "acceptable"(literally use Jalter and tell me she didn't produce many stars with her Brave Chain, or Quick at 3rd position)

Archer Yuri skillset otoh is the most boring thing in the planet. Her 1st is Charisma, her 3rd might as well be Charisma, and her 2nd is Instinct, and her Np is single target. It doesn't take much guess that you are supposed to fill her NP to get a Buster starter card, wait so she pulls Buster + something deck, pop her 2nd and go to town, casting her 1st and 3rd somewhere in between. Her crit

Archer Yuri's 3rd is the one from Blackbeard where in gives you PERMANENT Guts that revives at EXACTLY 1 HP. This really is here to give a chance of doing a last hurrah when she inevitably reach 1 HP. Pop this skill immediately so you can potentially cycle the guts.

Between this giving her survivability, her buff being all ATK applying to everything, and her 2nd being instinct with Crit weight up tied to Archer weight, she's a textbook example of risk-less servant, unless you get fucked by RNG when they decided to whiff your 90% Buster crit 3 times in a row. Even then just run Anniversary Blonde or i guess Chiron because that would delete every idea of "risk" from her sight

1 hour ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

eh nothing about Yuri Pirates are really high risk, unless your talking about how super high roll oriented her kit are. I agree she's "high risk" in a sense, but not for the reason everyone think it is. The base damage of her NP is above average to begin with. Really that NP basically says "if you know your shit at how to crit, you got rewarded"

But seriously speaking Yuri Pirates is DW's classic design of "critical servant that is utterly helpless at fueling their playstyle who have extreme performance range". DW wants you to pop her first skill to use her NPQQ to produce 24 stars, and then do BAA next turn with 2nd and 3rd for TONS OF DAMAGE with solid NP refill

The problem is its super obvious that getting NPQQ into BAA or BQA requires the stars to literally align themselves for you, and since her skills are 1 turn in duration, you need to REALLY cash it in on a good deck pull, and QQQ is the worst pull possible for crits, while not boosting NP damage is a waste since NP is strong.

So realistically you'd just fill her NP, give her stars outside her own, and then perform BNPA or BNPQ. The result of this is a very dead Caster because 520% damage modifier is pretty good even if its applied on AAQQB deck.

theres also interesting design idea on her kit where she have 1. HIT. EXTRA. CARD. which actually fucks with her playstyle so hard but it doesn't "matter" in the long run she's a unit you support to take advantage of her very good NP and strong skillset

Great summon, if only because the pool of SR Rider is such a trainwreck that getting the one Rider that is an adept at counterclassing did you good. I personally think Counterclass is the single most important thing in the game, so yeah

Yuri Pirates Archer Edition, otoh is the reverse of that. If Rider Yuri and Lancelot is the perfect example of helpless high reward crit servant, Archer Yuri and Saberlot is the example of lower reward ceiling crit servant(depending on your standard of lower at least) who is completely self sustaining. For starter her deck is BBAAQ which is good for crits, and shes a modern 3:2 Q vs A deck with 5 hit extra so her star productions are strictly "acceptable"(literally use Jalter and tell me she didn't produce many stars with her Brave Chain, or Quick at 3rd position)

Archer Yuri skillset otoh is the most boring thing in the planet. Her 1st is Charisma, her 3rd might as well be Charisma, and her 2nd is Instinct, and her Np is single target. It doesn't take much guess that you are supposed to fill her NP to get a Buster starter card, wait so she pulls Buster + something deck, pop her 2nd and go to town, casting her 1st and 3rd somewhere in between. Her crit

Archer Yuri's 3rd is the one from Blackbeard where in gives you PERMANENT Guts that revives at EXACTLY 1 HP. This really is here to give a chance of doing a last hurrah when she inevitably reach 1 HP. Pop this skill immediately so you can potentially cycle the guts.

Between this giving her survivability, her buff being all ATK applying to everything, and her 2nd being instinct with Crit weight up tied to Archer weight, she's a textbook example of risk-less servant, unless you get fucked by RNG when they decided to whiff your 90% Buster crit 3 times in a row. Even then just run Anniversary Blonde or i guess Chiron because that would delete every idea of "risk" from her sight

whoo thanks for the bit on the summer version, I don't see too many fans talking about her aside from "decent archer".

I do enjoy me some strap ons yuri  archery.

@Alexmender all you really want is Mashu/Leonidas/Hans(innocent monster) and an assassin (CA Hassan, HF Hassan, and the upcoming Fuuma Kotarou will work wonders).

I remember blowing my early teams with just fucking JTR+Ushiwamaru/robin hood on literally anything that wasn't an assassin or lancer.

@MrSmokestack @eclipse @JSND Alter Dragon Boner @Czarpy

Thanks! Seems the Yuri Pirates need a bit of support to work but they make up for it with crazy NP and crit damage, that's pretty neat!

I'll level them up ASAP, after all getting strong ST servants is always welcome. I hope Hans, Helena and Faber will be good enough as star generators (I need to max Kiritsugu before starting on HF Hassan). 

18 hours ago, Alexmender said:

@MrSmokestack @eclipse @JSND Alter Dragon Boner @Czarpy

Thanks! Seems the Yuri Pirates need a bit of support to work but they make up for it with crazy NP and crit damage, that's pretty neat!

I'll level them up ASAP, after all getting strong ST servants is always welcome. I hope Hans, Helena and Faber will be good enough as star generators (I need to max Kiritsugu before starting on HF Hassan). 

as many said, the yuri duo is very worth the investment - if you need a strong single target rider. Tried her during couple runs vs this Ibaraki and she managed to BNPQ for close to 4,4 million total dmg on 3bp !! Fun stuff

Kinda sad that I did not manage to repeat the Shishou solo again... I need to get a decent hand right at the start of Ibaraki match, or I cannot 1shot a caster hand nad thus my tauntwall survives for too long. Every extra turn, George always gets some cards and make my dmg go down a lot.

edit: for anyone still having issues on 3bp - assuming you have 4 carps + MLB ushi CE - raise David + Mash +Leo/George. And if possible pick a ST attacker with some kind of utility - a dodge / atk break / np drain. If that isn`t possible, learn to master Robin Hood and Mozart duo !

Edited by QKumber

2 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

I'm gonna need to do some heavy farming on 2bp before I even attempt 3bp.

Well I'm waiting for lancer daily so Rama can wreck shit.

Same for me, I need a max limit Golden before attempting to the the 3bp node. I only did 32 million damage to Ibaraki, I lack strong damage dealers.

After basically splurging on the Caster node since I figured out a consistent 3BP survival setup dealing around 2-4m damage with Iskandar/Tamamo support/Waver/Mash in backline/combat mystic code, I'm close to the first lore.  

I might try using Kerry in place of Iskandar for assassin day, with Waver/Tamamo trying to kill hands.  I'm a little unsure about trying to use a ST NP with the setup I've been using for 3BP.  Ionioi Hetairoi basically OHKO'd them for caster day and that made everything significantly easier, so yeah.

1 hour ago, Glaceon Mage said:

After basically splurging on the Caster node since I figured out a consistent 3BP survival setup dealing around 2-4m damage with Iskandar/Tamamo support/Waver/Mash in backline/combat mystic code, I'm close to the first lore.  

I might try using Kerry in place of Iskandar for assassin day, with Waver/Tamamo trying to kill hands.  I'm a little unsure about trying to use a ST NP with the setup I've been using for 3BP.  Ionioi Hetairoi basically OHKO'd them for caster day and that made everything significantly easier, so yeah.

don't you have shiki for the rider/assassin day too?

2 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

don't you have shiki for the rider/assassin day too?

I put the game down for a while and started playing again near the tail end of KnK, so I only got one copy of Shiki and 2 of the ascend item.  So it's relying on Kerry for me for the next 2 years.

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I put the game down for a while and started playing again near the tail end of KnK, so I only got one copy of Shiki and 2 of the ascend item.  So it's relying on Kerry for me for the next 2 years.

ah ok, my bad.

Kinda wish we got a free kerry instead of iri tho.

13 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

ah ok, my bad.

Kinda wish we got a free kerry instead of iri tho.

I appreciate the welfare healer, since healing-focused servants are so uncommon.  I just wish her NP gain was better and her skill cooldowns shorter.

That said, free Kerry would help him compete with Shiki a bit better pre-NP interlude.  Since his main problems amount to the lack of NP5 when Shiki exists and low arts hitcounts.  They can't make his NP gain too high otherwise Chronos Rose could end up pretty busted, but they could at least make the basic arts have enough hits to make up for that.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Finally got around to MLB my Shana-oh CE, and I'm now wondering if I want to go and start getting Damage Points or continue farming Gourds so I can actually buy stuff from the shop. I haven't rolled and have no plans on rolling on this focus, so I'm stuck with just a Subscription CE and the Support for Gourd Farming. At the very least, I want those Dragon Fangs....

As for total damage dealt, I'm at ~65M. Haven't used any Rice Balls aside from my earlier misfire, and I'm not maximizing my natural BP regen.

MLB'd Shana-O, pulled the new 5* Tamamo CE for the event.

Ran 3BP with Tamam/Rama/Support Waver//Leonidas/Robin/David.

Leonidas is stupid good here. 

Thinking of swapping mashu into robin's slot, but then that makes rama the sole DPS. On the other hand I managed to stall the fuck out of the 3bp raid. 

maxed euryale, Medea's on the next list and then it's off to maxing MHX and nightingale.

Just got the final Shana-oh.  With Witch Liz, MHX, and Waver, the 2BP goes down stupid-fast.  I don't think Liz is capable of 3BP yet.  Don't feel like stalling it out, either.

Yay got CU FSN to max level. Jing Ke's next on the list of assassin dailies exp.

Event exp+berserker embers go to NIghtingale.

Sanzang's added to the standard summoning pool after camelot, right?

just did the 3bp again. Tamamo/Rama/Waver/David/Mashu/Leonidas.

It's all fun and game until Ibaraki crits you three times in a row. At least I maxed Mashu's third skill so I can usually get her NP gauge filled after a properly timed arts chain. Shame I didn't get Kerry because targetable taunt sounds fun.

I've been pulling event CEs in this event. Don't know if the 5* event CE is going to be useful in the long run, but hey at least it works ok on hans/tamamo. Going to get Mozart maxed out sometime this week if I can get bone drops.

saber raid day is going to be the pinnacle of banana oni loli bullying. Robin/Euryale/Orion+Tamamo/hans/waver is going to make shit hurt. 

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner did I sent a friend request? I can almost swear I did.

65 million points right now, but I'm in no hurry. Probably gonna get to around 200 million this weekend. I already picked up multiple 4-5* ces that I didn't have from this event's rolls, so I'm gonna let my reserves recharge a wee bit for Journey to the West. Thankfully, I'm almost done setting up for that event since all that's left to do is max out stheno's level. 

5 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner did I sent a friend request? I can almost swear I did.

65 million points right now, but I'm in no hurry. Probably gonna get to around 200 million this weekend. I already picked up multiple 4-5* ces that I didn't have from this event's rolls, so I'm gonna let my reserves recharge a wee bit for Journey to the West. Thankfully, I'm almost done setting up for that event since all that's left to do is max out stheno's level. 

I think i have you on FL? not sure though