Fate/Grand Order General

Caster

16 minutes ago, Czarpy said:
  Reveal hidden contents

holy fuck I've got enough lanterns for most of my needs. Bryn and Rhyme can hit FA now.

Hey guys who's a better arts support investment without the SQ: Mozart, Boudicca, or Paracelsus?  

I just Paracelsus a whirl on a random Assassin apartment.  I'm really impressed, even if his stats are shaky.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Issue with Tamamo is that her NP does no damage.  Great spellcaster support, but not in a Medea/Hans team!

I use Medea / Hans / Tamamo all the time. There is almost never a turn where Medea doesn’t NP, and with all the buffs it hits as hard as a regular STNP.

32 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Will get around to Shakespeare one day.  Should be fun with Kintoki/Tesla (Siegfried/Tesla on generic enemy farming days).

Shakespeare’s strengthen skill paired with Kintoki’s NP battery on top of Teacher and I makes him even dumber than he already is. Go for it.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I use Medea / Hans / Tamamo all the time. There is almost never a turn where Medea doesn’t NP, and with all the buffs it hits as hard as a regular STNP.

It's an issue when three things need to die RIGHT NOW.  That's why I like having at least one AoE NP on my team, unless it's purely single-target fights.

Git gud

Tamamo buys an extra turn with her charge drain alongside the stun on the plugsuit. Failing that, David and his harp are always waiting in the back to save the day.

Speaking of AoE NPs, I’ve gotten addicted to Black Grail Liz. Double Innocent Monster gives extra damage and NP gain, and with Hans and Mana Burst her NP hits pretty hard. Now if only it wasn’t Buster...

Edited by MrSmokestack

8 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Git gud

Tamamo buys an extra turn with her charge drain alongside the stun on the plugsuit. Failing that, David and his harp are always waiting in the back to save the day.

Speaking of AoE NPs, I’ve gotten addicted to Black Grail Liz. Double Innocent Monster gives extra damage and NP gain, and with Hans and Mana Burst her NP hits pretty hard. Now if only it wasn’t Buster...

DW made the first 3 welfare units really good before backhanding us with saber lily.

idk I find caster liz to be solely made for farming. Mana burst+np5 buster NP clears out most mobs.

black grail umu. do it.

Got all mana prisms from the shop! Now to farm QP until tomorrow.

33 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

black grail umu. do it.

Guts though.

I’ve had my eye on Xuanzang in JP for a while now, and all the fanart recently is putting immense pressure on my quartz:

Spoiler

Jeanne help me

Edited by MrSmokestack

31 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I’ve had my eye on Xuanzang in JP for a while now, and all the fanart recently is putting immense pressure on my quartz:

Just save for the next New Year summoning (which is probably thanksgiving in the US like last time).
At worst you get NP2 Tamamo, gameplay-wise Zhuge Liang or Xuanzang.

39 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Got all mana prisms from the shop! Now to farm QP until tomorrow.

Guts though.

Hide contents

Jeanne help me

We all know our dicks make the choices in fgo.do it. Fall to the lewd side.

I do see every reason to want sanzang. Good thing she comes after the jalter banner. I'm definitely rolling for her and li shuwen . 

Besides her mountain destroying hands have got another use. 

7 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

Just save for the next New Year summoning (which is probably thanksgiving in the US like last time).
At worst you get NP2 Tamamo, gameplay-wise Zhuge Liang or Xuanzang.

Rooftop is now available if you’ve got the Hidden Key from the 6M ghosts! This shouldn’t be any trouble for my Caster team.

EDIT: And done! Plugsuit David makes both of these fights pretty easy.

Edited by MrSmokestack

The last story quest can be summed up in 2 words.
RURU BREAKER!
Dropped like a fly.

Since I'm finished with the event (minus farming the last 200 prisms in the shop) I kinda regret spending apples on this event. Considering we have an entire week left it seems a bit of a waste to use the remaining time stocking up QP (though I am broke). Don't have anything else to do either besides stocking up EXP cards again and painfully farming some materials since I did all the singularity quests.
Oh well, still probably the best event we had so far in NA. I greatly enjoyed this as a KnK fan.

Now it is time to wait for March. That month will be very big in terms of content.

17 minutes ago, Emeraldfox said:

Can't you just insta-kill it with Shiki

You could.
But considering how many mobs Shiki insta-killed during the entire event, I thought she deserved a break you know.

30 minutes ago, Zeratul said:

You could.
But considering how many mobs Shiki insta-killed during the entire event, I thought she deserved a break you know.

Why not just use BABAJIN.

finished event, working on the last two missions. Gonna grab more gems.

levelled Mashu's 1st and third skills to 10. This should make her even handier for hard content.

ugh Dantes. I kinda want him but then I also kinda want to save for Jalter. How useful is he long-term? All I understand is that he generates stars and spams his NP.

1 hour ago, Zeratul said:

Considering we have an entire week left it seems a bit of a waste to use the remaining time stocking up QP. Don't have anything else to do either besides stocking up EXP cards again and painfully farming some materials

I’m not saying no to seven days of virtually free QP grinding. Whether you get bored with it or not is your problem honestly.

And yep, this is without a doubt my favorite event so far, with Saber Wars and Christmas in my top 3.

13 minutes ago, Czarpy said:

ugh Dantes. I kinda want him but then I also kinda want to save for Jalter. How useful is he long-term? All I understand is that he generates stars and spams his NP.

Dante is outclassed almost immediately by Jeanne Alter. His crit damage niche clashes with his class’s garbage crit weight and he lacks the buffs to offset his frailty and lack of effective damage against most classes, unlike Jeanne Alter. Unless you really like Dante, Jeanne Alter is better.

14 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I’m not saying no to seven days of virtually free QP grinding. Whether you get bored with it or not is your problem honestly.

And yep, this is without a doubt my favorite event so far, with Saber Wars and Christmas in my top 3.

Dante is outclassed almost immediately by Jeanne Alter. His crit damage niche clashes with his class’s garbage crit weight and he lacks the buffs to offset his frailty and lack of effective damage against most classes, unlike Jeanne Alter. Unless you really like Dante, Jeanne Alter is better.

you could also farm for gears and bones.

I'm just interested in dantes due to lore. I'll blow a few tickets but i doubt anything will happen.

Jalter is that broken huh.

Guess I'm gonna be putting money into this game during her rate-up. 

I hope to get Jalter. off a ticket pull.

man if there's a 1/2 off embers daily after KnK, I'm gonna be grinding for assassin and rider exp.

Spoilers on new servant.

Spoiler

27972102_1978491505735247_5373206011502558835_n.thumb.jpg.4c4252a6dec52bcf157d8ec740bca1c1.jpg

JP KnK got a new collab servant. hmn...idk who the fuck this is, but hey it's an SR archer. They're all good aren't they? (except atalante)

Edited by Czarpy

@Czarpy

Spoiler

That right there is Fujino Asagami, the main antagonist of the third KnK movie.

I'm just glad that this isn't Valentines 2018 on JP's side anymore. Seriously, fuck that grindfest dude

1 minute ago, N30 said:

@Czarpy

Hide contents

That right there is Fujino Asagami, the main antagonist of the third KnK movie.

I'm just glad that this isn't Valentines 2018 on JP's side anymore. Seriously, fuck that grindfest dude

why the fuck did they NOT put touko?

we got three years to prep for that grindfest, right?

if the KnK collab rerun introduced a new servant, what could they do for the other collab reruns?

Maya for F/Zero rerun?

Miyu for the prisma rerun?

Idk who'd be for the CCC rerun but I'd guess another alter-ego or some shit like assassin li shu wen.

gudaguda meijin rerun with old man musashi?

>New servants for future Collab Reruns

Saber!Diarmuid for Fate/Zero. It fits DW crushing MEMES in 2018
Miyu for Prisma Rerun, because Muramasa is a thing so better luck next time Miyuverse!Shirou
All the other Alter Egos from the Fox Tail manga. They were in the early datamine along with such people such as Ivan The Terrible, Semiramis, etc.
Dunno about Gudaguda Meijin rerun. Older Male!Musashi would be cool, and we (Shimosa SPOILERS):

Spoiler

see what happens with Old Man!Musashi. In a cave, alone, and dying slowly from Lung Cancer. RIP

That's all I can think of, on the top of my head.

3 Years or not, Valentines 2018 is one hell of a grindfest (that I fucking hate with a passion) and am not looking forward to it's rerun in the future.

2 minutes ago, N30 said:

>New servants for future Collab Reruns

Saber!Diarmuid for Fate/Zero. It fits DW crushing MEMES in 2018
Miyu for Prisma Rerun, because Muramasa is a thing so better luck next time Miyuverse!Shirou
All the other Alter Egos from the Fox Tail manga. They were in the early datamine along with such people such as Ivan The Terrible, Semiramis, etc.
Dunno about Gudaguda Meijin rerun. Older Male!Musashi would be cool, and we (Shimosa SPOILERS):

Hide contents

see what happens with Old Man!Musashi. In a cave, alone, and dying slowly from Lung Cancer. RIP

That's all I can think of, on the top of my head.

3 Years or not, Valentines 2018 is one hell of a grindfest (that I fucking hate with a passion) and am not looking forward to it's rerun in the future.

Spoiler

all the apocrypha servants, including pseudoservant seig.

I just realized this, but what about foreigner Altera and caster Aristotle.

gudaguda meijin with Saber Kojirou. I think this is the one time @eclipse might hoard SQ.

Saber Diarmud is probably gonna suck, right? I mean if lancer diarmud is 3* then his saber variant has gotta be bronze.

How bout Rider!Artoria with access to excalibur, rhongomyniad, AND prydwn?

Lorewise, Saber!Diarmuid is Diarmuid's better class actually. It was Kayneth's backup plan to summon him as a Saber if he couldn't get Ishkandr.
Seeing as Ishkandr was gotten, and Artoria took the Saber spot, he had to settle with Lancer!Diarmuid.

>5* Saber!Kojiro
That'd be fun. I dunno how you'd differentiate his kit from his 1* counterpart tho

1 minute ago, N30 said:

Lorewise, Saber!Diarmuid is Diarmuid's better class actually. It was Kayneth's backup plan to summon him as a Saber if he couldn't get Ishkandr.
Seeing as Ishkandr was gotten, and Artoria took the Saber spot, he had to settle with Lancer!Diarmuid.

>5* Saber!Kojiro
That'd be fun. I dunno how you'd differentiate his kit from his 1* counterpart tho

I'm wondering if Lore really means all that much in fate g.o. at this point in terms of power levels.

like how is fergus a 3* saber? How is Medea only a * as well when we get STHENO as a gold servant.

as for saber REGEND and fate/zero shenanigans.

Spoiler

Make Kojirou Saberlot on steroids?

huh imagine the fun if Artoria was summoned in her lancer class incarnation from fgo for fate/zero. 

like jesus.

Even Gil would be wary of someone else with a divine phantasm.

Lore still matters in FGO in terms of power levels. Not servant rarities mind you, but for typical Nasuverse Powerlevels it definitely does.
Not like DW is the best at servant rarities in general. 

Cu, Medea, and Medusa were all made into 3* so that people could get them more easily. But yeah, lorewise Fergus and Medea are very powerful. Medea matching up with the likes of 

Spoiler

fucking Merlin and Solomon of all people

and Fergus in general is a solid pick lorewise.

Saber Diarmud is probably gonna suck, right? I mean if lancer diarmud is 3* then his saber variant has gotta be bronze.

Saber!Lancelot says otherwise. Along with, Caster!Nero and to an extent, Berserker!Nobu.

In his Saber profile, it's explicity stated that Saber is his best class compared to Berserker and it shows in the gameplay, and the whole schtick with Caster!Nero and Berserker!Nobu is that sure they're a swimsuit fanservice summer servant thing but they are in really good classes for them, lore wise (Nero's proper class, and just a really good class for Nobu). 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by N30

14 minutes ago, N30 said:

Lore still matters in FGO in terms of power levels. Not servant rarities mind you, but for typical Nasuverse Powerlevels it definitely does.
Not like DW is the best at servant rarities in general. 

Cu, Medea, and Medusa were all made into 3* so that people could get them more easily. But yeah, lorewise Fergus and Medea are very powerful. Medea matching up with the likes of 

Hide contents

fucking Merlin and Solomon of all people

and Fergus in general is a solid pick lorewise.

Saber!Lancelot says otherwise. Along with, Caster!Nero and to an extent, Berserker!Nobu.

In his Saber profile, it's explicity stated that Saber is his best class compared to Berserker and it shows in the gameplay, and the whole schtick with Caster!Nero and Berserker!Nobu is that sure they're a swimsuit fanservice summer servant thing but they are in really good classes for them, lore wise (Nero's proper class, and just a really good class for Nobu). 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spoiler

Considering JP has Circe and Sheba now, I'm wondering who's left on the list of big name sorcerors from folklore and myth to drop into the nasuverse. Abe no Seimei and Domon have been revealed. Prelati's over in another work and can't be used. 

grand caster Medea pls.

All things considered,  DW has yet to fully milk everything out of their most popular servants. iirc, don't Gil, Cu, Artoria, Karna, achilles, Astolfo, and Siegfried all have access to a whole bunch of other classes? ESPECIALLY FUCKING KARNA AND CU.

If we're talking classes that'd be appropriate for servants given their lore, what about Saber Ushi and Assassin Hercules?

Like all DW has to do is have a CU banner with rider, saber, archer, foreigner (warp raid), berserker (warp raid), and genderbent cu.

Imagine the money.

lore would dictate that Fion be on par with artoria and hercules.DW dictated that Fion be worse than Saber Lily.

Spoiler

Considering lore, wouldn't Fion also have a ton of battle continuation, evade, hawkeye/clairvoyance, and mana burst type skills as well as high ranking tactics and charisma? I'm very disappoint that he's not even usable. 

I don't think they're quite done pulling more servants. We still got the boatload of potential that is CHINESE myth and legend, as well as the rest of the Argonauts, paladins, round table, and the heroes connected to the homeric epics.

Off the top of my head for notable figures that are really well known and would add more variety or just be there due to their lore being widespread could include:

• Guan Yu
  • Samson
  • Tam Lin
  • Gotz of the Iron Hand
  • Rob Roy
  • William Wallace
  • Genghis Khan
  • Odysseus
  • Kamehame (forgot the guys exact spelling.)
  • Saladin
  • Arsene Lupin (We already have Sherlock)
Edited by Czarpy