[DATAMINED] Banner Leaked! Girls and Guys!

dragonlordsd

Just now, Anime27Arts said:

The thing with the Yukata awakening and fates dlc is it was all children units.  I'm not sure if IS is really ready to add these units (except Lucina) to the mix and step on people's ships.  They could change the hair color like They did those games but I'm not sure they'd want to.  This means they have 3 choices. 1.Add children units to the mix. 2. Add in older characters.  3. Disregard everything and just add them as all awakening 1st gen which seems unlikely 

You're thinking about this too much.

There is literally no way to step on people's ships if they use default hair color and obscure any and all parental references except for their associated parent like in the drama cd.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Anime27Arts said:

The thing with the Yukata awakening and fates dlc is it was all children units.  I'm not sure if IS is really ready to add these units (except Lucina) to the mix and step on people's ships.  They could change the hair color like They did those games but I'm not sure they'd want to.  This means they have 3 choices. 1.Add children units to the mix. 2. Add in older characters.  3. Disregard everything and just add them as all awakening 1st gen which seems unlikely 

I figured they'd just use the generic colours like with Fates, personally.

I'd be a bit irked if they refused to add several characters to the game for what seems like such a silly reason. Besides, I'd love a Gerome, and especially love a Dancer!Inigo (I can dream).

And Siegbert and Dwyer are still missing from the game :O

I wouldn't even care if they had a different hair colour to my ships... I mean, they could even explain it in the paralogue if they really had to, like they did with Fates.

Edited by Cute Chao

Uggggh Gaius and Tiki........ *drools*

Too bad I don't play Heroes XD.

Also I'm not surprised we don't have a Tharja in a bikini cause we already know she's getting a Christmas outfit and I don't think they would give units more than one special variant.

4 minutes ago, Azz said:

Uggggh Gaius and Tiki........ *drools*

Too bad I don't play Heroes XD.

Also I'm not surprised we don't have a Tharja in a bikini cause we already know she's getting a Christmas outfit and I don't think they would give units more than one special variant.

Once the CYL heroes get added, Lyn and Lucina will each have two special variants. Also Lucina sort of already has another one in the form of Masked Marth, even though that one is called "Marth" instead of "Lucina".

No precedent for multiple seasonal variants yet, though. I think that'll probably start happening at some point, but maybe not until we've already gotten through at least the first year.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

Once the CYL heroes get added, Lyn and Lucina will each have two special variants. Also Lucina sort of already has another one in the form of Masked Marth, even though that one is called "Marth" instead of "Lucina".

No precedent for multiple seasonal variants yet, though. I think that'll probably start happening at some point, but maybe not until we've already gotten through at least the first year.

It'll be a bit dull to start getting the same characters again, but I reckon you're right. I think they'll get through this year and trot Lucina and/or Camilla, especially, out again.

I'm surprised they haven't grabbed onto the Ike cash cow, though I'm happy with the units they picked instead ^.^ I reckon they have Ike in the wings for one upcoming seasonal banner, though (not counting CYL)

Edited by Cute Chao

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

It'll be a bit dull to start getting the same characters again, but I reckon you're right. I think they'll get through this year and trot Lucina and/or Camilla, especially, out again.

I'm surprised they haven't grabbed onto the Ike cash cow, though I'm happy with the units they picked instead ^.^ I reckon they have Ike in the wings for one upcoming seasonal banner, though (not counting CYL)

Ike would certainly be a good pick for a future swimsuit banner, whether they do another one this year or wait for next year.

Just now, Othin said:

Ike would certainly be a good pick for a future swimsuit banner, whether they do another one this year or wait for next year.

I hope so, especially if there is one this year. He has lots of fans, and I can recover from pulling for Gaius and Frederick xD Everyone wins :D

I'm only annoyed if they have no male options whatsoever, even if the males aren't ones I particularly like. I'm just too jaded by other gachas. That being said, other gachas are harder to get the units you want, I find. No swimsuit Ludger for me in ToL v.v

10 hours ago, Zangetsu said:

U guys know that Tharja is going to be in the Christmas/Winter Banner, right?

Nope, I didn't know that. That'll be cool. Where did you see that though? I'd love to know the events of the year. I think she'd be a good Halloween one as well.

3 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

Nope, I didn't know that. That'll be cool. Where did you see that though? I'd love to know the events of the year. I think she'd be a good Halloween one as well.

I think it was some sort of datamine. Didn't seem to have any details but did indicate both Tharja and m!Robin showing up there.

I guess that'll make a total of four Robins, huh.

5 minutes ago, SSbardock84 said:

It was right at the start of all this. I think the pics are on the fire emblem heroes wiki, though. I'd link, but I'm not at home. Someone else might be able to, though.

I wouldn't want her for Halloween and then for Christmas, personally. I'm hoping for Halloween, they finally remember games pre-Awakening exist. I love Awakening but man, it's had plenty of love given to it!

1 minute ago, Azz said:

Here's the Christmas art @SSbardock84

Hide contents

Your spoiler stuff isn't showing up... :P

I haven't finished my sig yet. My sig-making skills are so rusty now that I'm a bit lost on what more to do with this. I used to be pretty good with these and now I feel like a newb. lol

I am not going to be surprised if Lucina would be FE equivalent to Fate's Artoria, being their cash cow with numerous reprints and in-game expies. And at best, Ike would be the equivalent of Gilgamesh, even if he's also milked, not as much as Lucina is. 

5 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I am not going to be surprised if Lucina would be FE equivalent to Fate's Artoria, being their cash cow with numerous reprints and in-game expies. And at best, Ike would be the equivalent of Gilgamesh, even if he's also milked, not as much as Lucina is. 

Wait Gil is that popular?

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

Wait Gil is that popular?

Weirdly, he seems to be.

He's in almost every fate work ever.

He's in original stay/night, and its variants, zero, extra/ccc, extella, grand order... I think some of the spin offs too.

Edited by dragonlordsd

51 minutes ago, Azz said:

Yeah, and I think this is why Gaius is in this banner. The four characters in Awakening who got beach DLC pics were Chrom, Cordelia, Tharja, and Gaius. Chrom already got to be in the Easter banner, and Cordelia in the bride one, while Tharja will be in the Christmas one. That leaves Gaius as the only one left of the four for this.

For Tiki, she's kinda popular as a character.

Female Robin is there to contrast male Robin being in the Christmas one. Summer female Robin, Winter male Robin!

Frederick...is a mystery to me, honestly, as much as I love him. My best guess is the seashell/pebble collecting thing makes him an amusing (and sexy) choice. XD

Edited by Anacybele

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, and I think this is why Gaius is in this banner. The four characters in Awakening who got beach DLC pics were Chrom, Cordelia, Tharja, and Gaius. Chrom already got to be in the Easter banner, and Cordelia in the bride one, while Tharja will be in the Christmas one. That leaves Gaius as the only one left of the four to get special banner treatment.

For Tiki, she's kinda popular as a character.

Female Robin is there to contrast male Robin being in the Christmas one. Summer female Robin, Winter male Robin!

Frederick...is a mystery to me, honestly, as much as I love him. My best guess is the seashell/pebble collecting thing makes him an amusing (and sexy) choice. XD

Yeah, I believe, based on what I know about working on mobile games, that most of the banners to date were planned out in advance, and reflect IS's predictions of character popularity, rather than the actual results of the popularity poll.

A good example of this would be how the Christmas art was finished before the game even released. I believe that most banners have been finalized for well over a year now, as they would have to have commissioned the art in advance, as well as prepared the sprites.

Thus, it makes sense that we're getting mostly awakening and fates characters, as those were the best selling games.

There is an interview floating around where the developers claim that Ike's popularity caught them totally off guard, and they really didn't expect him to take first.

Edited by dragonlordsd

20 minutes ago, Azz said:

That's neat, I hadn't seen that.

I guess Robin is another lance user? Odd to have both seasonal Robins be lancers. Tharja's weapon looks like some sort of candle thing? Probably some sort of magic, although considering b!Lyn, it might be a staff.

2 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Yeah, I believe, based on what I know about working on mobile games, that most of the banners to date were planned out in advance, and reflect IS's predictions of character popularity, rather than the actual results of the popularity poll.

A good example of this would be how the Christmas art was finished before the game even released. I believe that most banners have been finalized for well over a year now, as they would have to have commissioned the art in advance, as well as prepared the sprites.

Really? IS said they were really surprised at Lyn's popularity though, so why would she have been picked for the bride banner that far in advance? This just puzzles me now.

2 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

Well, in the case of the Christmas banner, Heroes was supposed to come out in the Fall of 2016. In other words, the original release date was before Christmas. Then the game got delayed and you know the rest of the story.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Well, in the case of the Christmas banner, Heroes was supposed to come out in the Fall of 2016. In other words, the original release date was before Christmas. Then the game got delayed and you know the rest of the story.

Oh yeah, this is true too. I forgot the game had originally been planned for fall 2016. Maybe Ike has a chance of being in the fall/Halloween and Christmas banners after all!

It looks more like IS just left in those Robin and Tharja Christmas arts by mistake. lol

Edited by Anacybele

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Really? IS said they were really surprised at Lyn's popularity though, so why would she have been picked for the bride banner that far in advance? This just puzzles me now.

They don't have to be expecting a character to be one of the absolute most popular characters to include them in a seasonal banner. Gaius, for example, only got a fifth as many votes as Lyn in the poll (9,465 for 15th place in the male poll compared to 49,917 for 1st place in the female poll) and he got included anyway, and Frederick, Xander, Caeda, and Charlotte didn't make the Top 20 for their divisions at all.

Speaking of C!Robin and C!Tharja, TCRF has this to say:

Christmas themed portraits for Robin and Tharja were in the game until March 13, 2017. Heroes was originally planned for release before the end of 2016 so these may have been intended for a Christmas-themed event that would have been held around that time, and the game's delay past Christmas into 2017 would have resulted in these assets being left unused. Curiously, both of these sets were left in \assets\Common\Face\ch03_16_Ninian_F_Normal. Ninian originates from Fire Emblem [Blazing Blade], and she was not in the game at launch. When she was added to the game in March of 2017, these portraits were replaced with Ninian's ownEmphasis mine.

Would I be correct in reading this as a suggestion that C!Ninian might've been a choice?

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

They don't have to be expecting a character to be one of the absolute most popular characters to include them in a seasonal banner. Gaius, for example, only got a fifth as many votes as Lyn in the poll (9,465 for 15th place in the male poll compared to 49,917 for 1st place in the female poll) and he got included anyway, and Frederick, Xander, Caeda, and Charlotte didn't make the Top 20 for their divisions at all.

Gaius was one of the most popular Awakening characters though, since he got a swimsuit pic in the game's DLC, and the choices for those were based off of poll results.

Caeda made sense for the bride banner because she's canonically married to Marth and she always says "do you believe in love" and junk. Charlotte and Frederick seem more akin to joke choices than anything, but I'll take my Freddy any day. :P

And @phineas81707 Interesting... IS did leave them in by mistake then, because they found them and removed them. XD

Edited by Anacybele