[DATAMINED] Banner Leaked! Girls and Guys!

dragonlordsd

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And @phineas81707 Interesting... IS did leave them in by mistake then, because they found them and removed them. XD

What impresses me more is that they could remove them safely. Granted, I think it helped that they could be considered placeholder's for Ninian's art, if this paragraph is to be believed, but 99% of beta elements left in a game's coding is left in because it would be too much effort to remove.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

What impresses me more is that they could remove them safely. Granted, I think it helped that they could be considered placeholder's for Ninian's art, if this paragraph is to be believed, but 99% of beta elements left in a game's coding is left in because it would be too much effort to remove.

Yeah, but tech is amazing sometimes! Both in how it works and how it advances. Spaceship Earth is my favorite attraction at Disney's Epcot for a reason. :P And also, they apparently weren't removing a lot, just a few little images, so I guess it wasn't that much trouble.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And also, they apparently weren't removing a lot, just a few little images, so I guess it wasn't that much trouble.

Actually, come to think of it... Blazing Blade's 6 character banner is somewhat of an anomaly, in that I can't think of any other 6 character banners. But what if Ninian (and some other character, like maybe Rebecca) weren't planned for it, and were added because someone at IS found the pictures in Ninian's directory? Rather than remove the directory, they add Ninian.

EDIT: Sibling Bonds was the only other 6 character one. It also has the oddity of having Sanaki shoehorned in- and both paralogues surrounding these banners abandon the familiar formula of paralogues 'vs 2 units, vs other 2 units, vs all four units' into something dramatically different. Echoes of Mystery does this too, but this is to accomodate new GHB units and may become a new formula.

Edited by phineas81707

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Actually, come to think of it... Blazing Blade's 6 character banner is somewhat of an anomaly, in that I can't think of any other 6 character banners. But what if Ninian (and some other character, like maybe Rebecca) weren't planned for it, and were added because someone at IS found the pictures in Ninian's directory? Rather than remove the directory, they add Ninian.

But that wouldn't explain the second character added to make it a 6-character banner. The usual is 4, and Ninian would only make it 5. And this would also mean someone was commissioned to do Ninian's art simply due to an error which just sounds iffy to me.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Charlotte and Frederick seem more akin to joke choices than anything, but I'll take my Freddy any day. :P

They're great is why. Also beaches are covered in seashells waiting to fuck up the feet of you and everyone you love. Summer Fred is a goddamn hero fighting the eternal struggle.

11 minutes ago, a bear said:

They're great is why. Also beaches are covered in seashells waiting to fuck up the feet of you and everyone you love. Summer Fred is a goddamn hero fighting the eternal struggle.

Haha, yeah!

But the question is, is he really a colorless unit or is he actually a blue mage like someone else speculated earlier? Is his color actually confirmed?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

But the question is, is he really a colorless unit or is he actually a blue mage like someone else speculated earlier? Is his color actually confirmed?

His weapon description: “Foe takes Def/Res-5(7) until end of foe's next action. If unit has 100% HP at start of combat, Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2. If attacking, unit gets 2 damage after.”

It debuffs like a dagger, it is a dagger. Summer Frederick is grey.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

His weapon description: “Foe takes Def/Res-5(7) until end of foe's next action. If unit has 100% HP at start of combat, Atk/Spd/Def/Res+2. If attacking, unit gets 2 damage after.”

It debuffs like a dagger, it is a dagger. Summer Frederick is grey.

Don't get me wrong, I think he's more likely colorless, but I wouldn't take that as absolute confirmation. Sharena's 5 star weapon debuffs too. But wow, built in Fury! :O

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

But wow, built in Fury! :O

It’s more like a bastard child of Fury and Ragnarok with that 100% HP requirement. Given that Ragnarok already is a bastard offspring of Fury…

Just now, Vaximillian said:

It’s more like a bastard child of Fury and Ragnarok with that 100% HP requirement. Given that Ragnarok already is a bastard offspring of Fury…

Well, yeah, true Fury was just the closest thing I could think of. :P Gonna have to give him Renewal or something to help keep his HP up!

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Don't get me wrong, I think he's more likely colorless, but I wouldn't take that as absolute confirmation. Sharena's 5 star weapon debuffs too. But wow, built in Fury! :O

Sharena's 5* weapon debuffs in the way legendary weapons debuff (by having a built-in level 2 skill), not in the way daggers debuff. I don't think it's very relevant.

It's sort of like Fury, but only at 100% HP, like Ragnarok.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Plot-twist, Fred is a dragon type that turns into a merman.

Just now, Lushen said:

Plot-twist, Fred is a dragon type that turns into a merman.

Dragon type? Freddy used Dragon Shell! It's super effective! Tiki fainted!

1 minute ago, Smog said:

I hope the banner includes some 4* Bride units to make it worth spending money on. 

No other banner has done so before, so it's unlikely to start now... I wouldn't get your hopes up.

They should come back eventually, though... It's rare for events to never come back. I doubt they'll ever make them 4*, though...

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Once the CYL heroes get added, Lyn and Lucina will each have two special variants. Also Lucina sort of already has another one in the form of Masked Marth, even though that one is called "Marth" instead of "Lucina".

No precedent for multiple seasonal variants yet, though. I think that'll probably start happening at some point, but maybe not until we've already gotten through at least the first year.

Well... Lucina is sort of a Special Case (she is one of their more popular characters, the most popular character of their most succesful game since Mystery of Emblem, and it's not the first time she got a lot of special treatment), if one character somehow can get three aditional version of themself in the same year, that character is Lucina.

3 hours ago, shadowofchaos said:

No wonder Rufure looks cute.

Her name's Rufuko (ルフ子). Get it right.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

Removing image assets is trivial in this day and age.

Leaving unused assets lying around is generally either negligence, laziness, or we're on a tight deadline and didn't have the time to scour the file system for everything we didn't end up using.

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Her name's Rufuko (ルフ子). Get it right.

I thought it was spelt Rufflet. She evolves into braviary.

Wait, is Rufuko an actual difference between male and female robin, or is that a joke about japanese naming conventions?

"I wasn't expecting a girl so let's just add 'child' to her name."

4 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Wait, is Rufuko an actual difference between male and female robin, or is that a joke about japanese naming conventions?

Well... I know many male names made Female with the "-ko" suffix

4 minutes ago, Gustavos said:

Japanese fan name to not have to do something like write the "(F)" in "Robin (F)". Also it sounds cute.

"-Ko" is a common name ending for feminine names in Japanese, so you just slap that on and away you go (male names are a bit more varied, but "-o" is most commonly used as the equivalent for this sort of nickname). It'd be similar to the use of "-o" or "-a" in Romance languages, say "Robino" and "Robina", to differentiate gender in a joking way.

I think ルフ子 is actually used as a tag on Pixiv.

Do the dataminers not have access to stats yet?

They usually do by this time.  I need to know Gaius and Fred's stats.  The other two will be fine, because color advantage makes them usable in any situation. 

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Japanese fan name to not have to do something like write the "(F)" in "Robin (F)". Also it sounds cute.

"-Ko" is a common name ending for feminine names in Japanese, so you just slap that on and away you go (male names are a bit more varied, but "-o" is most commonly used as the equivalent for this sort of nickname). It'd be similar to the use of "-o" or "-a" in Romance languages, say "Robino" and "Robina", to differentiate gender in a joking way.

I think ルフ子 is actually used as a tag on Pixiv.

Names like "Ryuko" (Ryu [流] with the suffix "-ko" [子]) reminds me this xD

5 minutes ago, Lushen said:

Do the dataminers not have access to stats yet?

They usually do by this time.  I need to know Gaius and Fred's stats.  The other two will be fine, because color advantage makes them usable in any situation. 

While the art and assets have been added to the game, we'll have to wait until the actual banner is released before we get their stats.

2 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

Weirdly, he seems to be.

He's in almost every fate work ever.

He's in original stay/night, and its variants, zero, extra/ccc, extella, grand order... I think some of the spin offs too.

You forgot Strange Fake and Ataraxia. So yeah he is everywhere.

Anyway this banner seems pretty rollable, but I am quite hesitant isn't CYL banner supposed come out in nearby months?

26 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

While the art and assets have been added to the game, we'll have to wait until the actual banner is released before we get their stats.

Hm, I think what we really need is Fred to be a tanky dagger user.  I don't think we have any extremely tanky daggers, but he could be the first being a knight and all.  I've always wanted to put Jaffar's dagger and Takumi's close counter on a defensive dagger unit and watch as everyone gets debuffed by his tankyness.  I do have a spare Jaffar too, but I don't know if I'd want to get rid of him when I can +1 Jaffar and he's so rare.