THE ULTIMATE OBORO IS HERE (Write-up)

Arcanite

OBORO  

51 members have voted

1. 1. How awesome is Oboro on a scale of 1-10?

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Ah, well, it's not that important that I have to bother the admins. At least to me.

Btw, I just checked, +Atk Oboro with Heavy Spear does 34 damage to Celica on counter hit with Distant Counter, but dies on the second Ragnarok hit. If the Javelin ever gets released so she can carry Fury, I think she can actually just one shot L&D or any -HP/-Def Celicas when they attack Oboro.

I think there actually is a standard (childbirth is 10, and then it goes down from there), but the way it's set up, patients are super likely to report a higher number than the one according to the set standard because of subjectivity. Arthritis hurts like shit but is only like, a 3.

I hope you feel a 10 pain sometime in your life

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

If you actually do that, I might just die from the happiness

I'LL DEFINITELY BE USING THIS!

Sweet then!

gonna start heros tomorrow, kinda hoping I get an Oboro even though you said she's not that good in heros 

11 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I hate the 1-10 Pain scale, since it's so subjective and has no consistency from person to person.  One person's 2 is another's 6.

Clearly the best way is to stab your patient in the hand with a scalpel, wait 10 seconds, and ask them, on a scale of 1 to 10, how much that hurt, and work off that.

(You should probably practice a few times on your nurses and such so you make sure all your stabbings are consistent in terms of speed, power, and precision, though.)

Edit: Kappa.

Edited by DehNutCase

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I think there actually is a standard (childbirth is 10, and then it goes down from there), but the way it's set up, patients are super likely to report a higher number than the one according to the set standard because of subjectivity. Arthritis hurts like shit but is only like, a 3.

Most patients have no idea what childbirth is like, and pain is so subjective that it's impossible to establish a standard, and foolish to try.  10/10 pain usually just means "I want Percocet."

Medical Code

"I have a high pain tolerance." = "I'm a total wimp."

"Can I have Percocet, I'm allergic to Tylenol." = "I'm too stupid to realize that there's Tylenol in Percocet."

"I'm allergic to NSAIDs" = "I got an upset stomach taking Naproxen, and don't understand that NSAIDs upsetting your stomach is a common side-effect."

52 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

This is more of a joke set since I'm not sure how many people would like to promote Life and Death Fodder just to give it to Oboro of all people XD SO not as much material here:

Pft. My Oboro is not as soft as yours who chooses between Life and Death for her enemies. My Oboro chooses only Death (Blow) for the enemy.

Oboro +Atk -Res
Brave Lance+, Luna
Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3

105 wins, 12 losses, 23 draws

My Oboro does not actually have that build yet though. She does not have the right nature either. But, she does have some of those skills already and once I get that nature that I want, her skills will be immediately ported over.

5 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Come over here; I have some nice, sharp knives that I need to test out...

Alright, I'll bring the cardboard...

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Most patients have no idea what childbirth is like, and pain is so subjective that it's impossible to establish a standard, and foolish to try.  10/10 pain usually just means "I want Percocet."

Medical Code

"I have a high pain tolerance." = "I'm a total wimp."

"Can I have Percocet, I'm allergic to Tylenol." = "I'm too stupid to realize that there's Tylenol in Percocet."

"I'm allergic to NSAIDs" = "I got an upset stomach taking Naproxen, and don't understand that NSAIDs upsetting your stomach is a common side-effect."

What about gluten allergies lmao

Neat. Oboro was the best Fates character so it's a shame she didn't get a better spread and that I can never pull her.

That LaD build is actually quite interesting. 30 Def is nothing to sneeze at (she's screwed vs mages but that was always the case) and 35 speed unbuffed is a very good place to be in.

WHY DON'T WE ALL STOP WITH THIS PAIN GARBAGE!?

Just now, DisobeyedCargo said:

How did this go from praising Oboro, to a discussion on the necessity of the 1-10 pain scale? 

^

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

Neat. Oboro was the best Fates character so it's a shame she didn't get a better spread and that I can never pull her.

That LaD build is actually quite interesting. 30 Def is nothing to sneeze at (she's screwed vs mages but that was always the case) and 35 speed unbuffed is a very good place to be in.

The thing is that there are a lot better things you can do with Life and death than give it to Oboro. I really want to get my own +Spd to try it myself and run 2 Oboros at once XD

3 minutes ago, XRay said:

Pft. My Oboro is not as soft as yours who chooses between Life and Death for her enemies. My Oboro chooses only Death (Blow) for the enemy.

Oboro +Atk -Res
Brave Lance+, Luna
Death Blow 3, Lancebreaker 3

105 wins, 12 losses, 23 draws

My Oboro does not actually have that build yet though. She does not have the right nature either. But, she does have some of those skills already and once I get that nature that I want, her skills will be immediately ported over.

I'll see about adding this to the OP!

I LIKE IT!

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Alright, I'll bring the cardboard...

What about gluten allergies lmao

Yeah, most people who claim to have Gluten Allergies don't.

4 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

How did this go from praising Oboro, to a discussion on the necessity of the 1-10 pain scale? 

This is why I don't talk about work much.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

WHY DON'T WE ALL STOP WITH THIS PAIN GARBAGE!?

Inside voices

I actually kinda like Donnel and wish he had a better spread.  There's quite a few units I'd use if they had better stats.  I still got my 5* Est.  Too bad Hinoka being mandatory on a Flyer team makes Est superfluous.

7 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Maybe because Oboro is an O-BORE-o, eh? Yeah, I'll go show myself the door for that one. 

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Her skill is mandatory. I'll sacrifice her to give Hone to someone else ;)

Maybe if I had an extra, but I won't kill my only Hinoka just to repurpose her skill.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Maybe because Oboro is an O-BORE-o, eh? Yeah, I'll go show myself the door for that one. 

Hm

Perhaps I shouldn't have said "BANTER" at the end of my post

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I actually kinda like Donnel and wish he had a better spread.  

Never ran the calcs but I'm pretty sure Donnel can do these sets too

45 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I LIKE IT!

Yeah, she is awesome even with just Brave Lance. Although I have not seriously used her in the Arena, she is very good in the Training Tower when I leveled her. She is very easy to work with, especially with that insane defense and good attack. She does get doubled though, but I just Assist her away.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

(the previous iteration of Arcanite’s userpic)

WdATkUx.png

Naginata in Heroes when?

If they ever add naginata/naginata +, I think I'd lose my mind